• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cannot Play Game

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel this game needs some major problems fixed. Yeah so, I'm trying to be as mellow as possible here. I've been wanting to play this game for a while, even more now that dark knight is released. Then signed up for the 7 day free trial, after waiting for half a day for the downloader to quit having errors and forcing me to restart the download. Finally, downloaded at started to try and play, defaulted rez to lower than my monitor right from the get go. So I bumped it up to 1920 x 1080. Loads at 33 fps, wtf? Then after setting at the load screen for about 10 minutes and noting it was still black I could hear the sfx of the cursor moving over buttons, but clicking them did nothing. Now i know it's not my PC, I built my PC and it has no problem running any other games, even newer games run at 60+fps. Probably due to the fact that I built this computer with a NVIDIA GTX 900 series (970 to be exact) GPU. Then figure" Ok well I've been wanting to play this for a while and the base edition is only $9.99, I'll pick up a copy." NOPE! Whatever company you have contracted to accept the currencies from your international customers is horrible at their job. They decline people cards without a reason, require identification (which smart people don't give out to random strangers all willie-nillie), and accuse customers of fraud. In my area, the only to payment options are to use PayPal or a debit/credit, and only one of those might work. This is ridiculous, this game has been hyped internationally and I'm sure it works fine in the UK and other parts of EU. But if you are going to release a game to be played internationally, then it should be playable internationally. If you are going to charge for a game, then make sure that all your major problems are fixed before requiring people to play. I may feel inclined to pay for this game as soon as I figure out a way to get it to work right if I can do so before the trial runs out, and maybe not even then if it has this many problems in-game. I like to help people develop games before they release them, if I didn't I would be an experienced game tester. Sorry for the rant and if it seemed like I was harsh, but I'm severely disappointed. This game looked like it could and probably would be alot of fun. I'm going to try and continue messing around with the graphical settings to try and get the game to work.

Posted

So for starts, please use some line breaks.  This is a wall of text, you probably will get almost no replies on this.

Secondly, most of what you're "suggesting" are actually unique to you, these are bug reports.  Take them to the appropriate section.

As for FPS issues, the game is poorly optimized and everyone under the sun knows it.  You can find and post in many of the threads here for just that reason, or make a thread dedicated entirely to it.  Whatever you do though, know that coming to the suggestions forums to ----- and moan, even while including a legitimate thread reason like the poor optimization, is a great way to get nothing but flamed.

1 person likes this

Posted

I feel this game needs some major problems fixed.

Yeah so, I'm trying to be as mellow as possible here. I've been wanting to play this game for a while, even more now that dark knight is released. Then signed up for the 7 day free trial, after waiting for half a day for the downloader to quit having errors and forcing me to restart the download.

Finally, downloaded at started to try and play, defaulted rez to lower than my monitor right from the get go. So I bumped it up to 1920 x 1080. Loads at 33 fps, wtf? Then after setting at the load screen for about 10 minutes and noting it was still black I could hear the sfx of the cursor moving over buttons, but clicking them did nothing.

Now i know it's not my PC, I built my PC and it has no problem running any other games, even newer games run at 60+fps. Probably due to the fact that I built this computer with a NVIDIA GTX 900 series (970 to be exact) GPU.

Then figure" Ok well I've been wanting to play this for a while and the base edition is only $9.99, I'll pick up a copy." NOPE! Whatever company you have contracted to accept the currencies from your international customers is horrible at their job. They decline people cards without a reason, require identification (which smart people don't give out to random strangers all willie-nillie), and accuse customers of fraud. In my area, the only to payment options are to use PayPal or a debit/credit, and only one of those might work. This is ridiculous, this game has been hyped internationally and I'm sure it works fine in the UK and other parts of EU. But if you are going to release a game to be played internationally, then it should be playable internationally. If you are going to charge for a game, then make sure that all your major problems are fixed before requiring people to play. I may feel inclined to pay for this game as soon as I figure out a way to get it to work right if I can do so before the trial runs out, and maybe not even then if it has this many problems in-game.

I like to help people develop games before they release them, if I didn't I would be an experienced game tester.

Sorry for the rant and if it seemed like I was harsh, but I'm severely disappointed. This game looked like it could and probably would be alot of fun. I'm going to try and continue messing around with the graphical settings to try and get the game to work.

You might get more/better help in this forum section: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/116-technical-issues/

You will read that many have had this type of issue when buying the game and downloading it for the first time. I had this problem last year and toke like 3 weeks until it started working like 'normal'. Usually it stems from a file from the PAZ being missing. I have an Nvidia GT 520M and the game runs ok-ish with low settings.

good luck

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0