• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Nerf Witch and Wizard

761 posts in this topic

Posted

To all those saying "there's a reason why wizz/witch have this, have that, might as well remove the entire class", so you're defending the fact that they need less mechanical skill to perform BETTER than other classes requiring higher mechanical skill (such as Ninja). Alright mates.

Posted (edited)

To all those saying "there's a reason why wizz/witch have this, have that, might as well remove the entire class", so you're defending the fact that they need less mechanical skill to perform BETTER than other classes requiring higher mechanical skill (such as Ninja). Alright mates.

No, I have even stated earlier in this topic that it's bad design. Doesn't change the fact that removing superarmor on all Witch/Wizard abilities would ruin the class.

I play Wizard with 532 combined, and at that point in gear it is absoutely ridiculously broken. With an evasion build I can stand still and tank several people while still killing AP-geared people in a couple of hits. With an AP build I can stand on the Mediah walls during a siege and kill entire groups of people with ranged attacks. I think it should be nerfed or redesigned, but the suggestions that are coming out of these forums seek only to destroy the class - not balance it.

If the superarmor was completely removed from our Cataclysm, Bolide of Destruction or Aqua Jail, explain to me what would be the point in any of these Wizard abilities, both in small-scale and large-scale. How impossible on a scale from 1-10 do you think it would be to ever get a single cast off as a Wizard against any other class, let alone in mass combat?

Edited by Tryldom
1 person likes this

Posted

Remove accuracy bonuses from all their AoE

Or give them the valk treatment and make their party buffs not affect themselves. 

1 person likes this

Posted

No, I have even stated earlier in this topic that it's bad design. Doesn't change the fact that removing superarmor on all Witch/Wizard abilities would ruin the class.
I play Wizard with 532 combined, and at that point in gear it is absoutely ridiculously broken. With an evasion build I can stand still and tank several people while still killing AP-geared people in a couple of hits. With an AP build I can stand on the Mediah walls during a siege and kill entire groups of people with ranged attacks. I think it should be nerfed or redesigned, but the suggestions that are coming out of these forums seek only to destroy the class - not balance it.

If the superarmor was completely removed from our Cataclysm, Bolide of Destruction or Aqua Jail, explain to me what would be the point in any of these Wizard abilities, both in small-scale and large-scale. How impossible on a scale from 1-10 do you think it would be to ever get a single cast off as a Wizard against any other class, let alone in mass combat?

The problem with these forums are that people don't see further than their own noses. They got killed by a witch and scream "remove superamor" with absolutely no comprehension of what that would do to the class, they just want to be able to punch a witch. Usually I hate how korean devs completely ignore EU/NA communities but in this case it's pretty useful because absolutely nothing said in these threads will ever affect class balance. If Wiz/witch is OP in korea it'll be nerfed, if not then it won't, the end.

Posted

Might aswell remove the entire class then.

There's a reason everything has superarmor. It's because every awakened ability in the game has some sort of crowd control, and because every single wizard/witch ability makes them completely stationary. Not having superarmor spam would make witch/wizard a free kill to anyone in a 1v1, and they would be useless in sieges outside of backline protected area/heal followed by unavoidable death the second someone decided to flank your backline.

Not saying its good design, but it is what it is.

So you are saying a class that has cast times and animations that force them to stand still would be useless without superarmor on said abilities? :thinking: Maybe ranger will get a useful super armor one of these days

Actually they aren't, and they are one of the least played classes.  They consider Ranger to be top dog with warrior.... FACT.

Ranger is considered top in KR for reasons of the average KR playstyle. Ranger can be a very strong class although it is easily countered. Why it is regarded so high in KR is due to the passive playstyles of those in KR. In NA many players are hyper-aggressive. Watch any KR video vs a ranger one player is always keeping distance playing passively looking for the perfect moment which gives the ranger plenty of room to adjust and play accordingly. Anyone with an aggressive playstyle and half a brain can kill a ranger. All of the "EPIC" ranger KR videos the rangers get away with more than anyone could ever do in NA even against bad players. 

As I said in no way is ranger a bad class but it's ability is very limited in different regions. 

Wizard (Absolutely needs a major nerf)

Witch (needs a major nerf)

Berserker (needs a major nerf)

Ranger (needs a major nerf)

Musa (balanced)

Dark Knight (TBD)

Maehwa (needs a minor buff)

Ninja (needs a minor buff)

Valkyrie (needs a major buff)

Kunoichi (Absolutely needs a major buff)

Right now the only way a equally geared Kuno can beat a equally geared Wizard/Witch is if the Wizard/Witch's player is drunk/wifi connection is impaired/got bribed with pearls to lose/holding back since he is against a lowly kuno class/playing at work on a crappy computer/watching infowars or cnn and is not paying attention to the duel at all/totally out of HP/MP pots, food, elixirs and is at 1% hp at the beginning of the fight and just wasted his 100% black spirit rage and his teleport is on cooldown.

Hey some advice, click on the little icon on your desktop that says black desert online and try turning the game on for the first time before posting to the forums. 

Posted

So you are saying a class that has cast times and animations that force them to stand still would be useless without superarmor on said abilities? :thinking: Maybe ranger will get a useful super armor one of these days

I can't tell if you're actually stupid or just intentionally making yourself out to be. First of all ranger isn't permanently forced to stand still while damaging, nor are they locked to only one teleport every 7-10 seconds in terms of mobility. Secondly I can count 4 super armors in the ranger kit, excluding cold blade since that only applies on the 4th hit and the ability is shit. Additionally I count another 3 frontal guards. Oh and that's not mentioning the iframes that are scattered about.

If you want to troll go somewhere else.

2 people like this

Posted

Well since the last thread about this was locked last month and absolutely nothing has been done to the extremely insane scaling witch/wizard have, might as well get it going again. Don't want to fix their damage scaling? Then take away all their super armor. I shouldn't be getting killed in my super armor chase while having 3,234 hp to a wizard attack.

they fit perfectly in the bdo pvp mentality so why they need a nerf? evry one know pvp here is based on aoe spam the rest is optional :P

Posted

I'm not giving any optiosn of rebalancing, because it's not up to me, and doesn't matter devs will do what they want anyways. All i'm saying is, people blinddlessly defend they are not overtuned, when they clearly are. I don't have any problem at all when classes are ridicously strong as long as it is achieved with skill, my finer example is a Ninja, i trully hate to the point of calling them OP when it's in -----ing good hands, in bad hands it's pretty thrash (which is the avg case and why ppl call ninja weak). I don't mind making wizzards more vulnerables, or something that's gonna make them think what they gonna do, increasing skill cap.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not giving any optiosn of rebalancing, because it's not up to me, and doesn't matter devs will do what they want anyways. All i'm saying is, people blinddlessly defend they are not overtuned, when they clearly are. I don't have any problem at all when classes are ridicously strong as long as it is achieved with skill, my finer example is a Ninja, i trully hate to the point of calling them OP when it's in -----ing good hands, in bad hands it's pretty thrash (which is the avg case and why ppl call ninja weak). I don't mind making wizzards more vulnerables, or something that's gonna make them think what they gonna do, increasing skill cap.

so-much-THIS-fireworks.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Wizard (Absolutely needs a major nerf)

Witch (needs a major nerf)

Berserker (needs a major nerf)

Musa (balanced)

Dark Knight (TBD)

Maehwa (needs a minor buff)

Ninja (needs a minor buff)

Valkyrie (needs a major buff)

Kunoichi (Absolutely needs a major buff)

Right now the only way a equally geared Kuno can beat a equally geared Wizard/Witch is if the Wizard/Witch's player is drunk/wifi connection is impaired/got bribed with pearls to lose/holding back since he is against a lowly kuno class/playing at work on a crappy computer/watching infowars or cnn and is not paying attention to the duel at all/totally out of HP/MP pots, food, elixirs and is at 1% hp at the beginning of the fight and just wasted his 100% black spirit rage and his teleport is on cooldown.

Wizard (Totally BALANCED)

Witch (needs a little BUFF)

Berserker (needs a MASSIVE nerf)

Musa (Needs a Major MASSIVE Nerf)

Dark Knight (Needs a MAJOR Nerf)

Maehwa (needs a MASSIVE Nerf)

Ninja (needs a MASSIVE nerf)

Valkyrie (needs a MASSIVE Nerf)

Kunoichi (Absolutely needs a MASSIVE Nerf)

I fixed it for you..... your stats what needed to be done were a little off... ;) 

In short, nothing wrong with Wizard or Witch, you just need to practice how to beat them. Practice makes perfect.

Posted (edited)

Wizard (need nuthing)

Berserker (need to git gud)

Ranger (dont even need to git gud but need a tissuedispenser)

Musa (need to git gud and learn not to waste 33 dashes in a row)

Dark Knight (need more cotumes for rerollers faptimes)

Maehwa (same as Musa)

Ninja (needs to git gud and learn that a Ninja isn't supposed to be Ironman)

Valkyrie (needs hard to git gud)

Kunoichi (needs a dancingcourse in reallife)

Tamer (needs a Truck of tissuedispenser)

Sorc (needs to go into a self-help group together with Tamer)

*FIXED IT FOR YOU

Edited by Wollbert
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

500/15 is 33,3^

7 seconds for 30 chases nice, wizard need to wait 7 seconds for one "ONE" teleport. nice arguing yourself out mate.

not to mention there are ways to stack stamina and WP with gear, but what i tring to tell anyone about gearbuilding, who cant kill anything with his 230 AP char. topkek

Yeah how do u think i have so much wp cause i stacked it with my gear and have high health level.

So me and my friend decided to see just how "vulnerable wizard is". So he hopped onto his level 56 Wizard and i went on my musa lifeskill alt. So he can basically chain super armor nonstop and have his teleport up when his SA is done and just keep going forever making him basically near impossible to cc while also getting to wait for his cooldowns as i need to close the gap every teleport. 

Yup 7 seconds of me just walking (not even sprinting). Not using any skills. Oh wait ur teleport you can chain SA and all your other shit till it's up before you can teleport again. 

Nice try bro tho. I like how u didn't even consider the fact that u only gain stamina back unless you are walking or standing still and using none of your skills. Really shows how well u know how this game works c:

My friend is a levle 60 Tamer, and as he was playing Wizard he realized how stupidly easy it is to play this class. As he sums it up "I don't even know what i'm doing, but i'm just smashing the buttons and somehow it's working"

Edited by SereneWaves

Posted (edited)

Ranger is considered top in KR for reasons of the average KR playstyle. Ranger can be a very strong class although it is easily countered. Why it is regarded so high in KR is due to the passive playstyles of those in KR. In NA many players are hyper-aggressive. Watch any KR video vs a ranger one player is always keeping distance playing passively looking for the perfect moment which gives the ranger plenty of room to adjust and play accordingly. Anyone with an aggressive playstyle and half a brain can kill a ranger. All of the "EPIC" ranger KR videos the rangers get away with more than anyone could ever do in NA even against bad players. 

As I said in no way is ranger a bad class but it's ability is very limited in different regions. 

Hey some advice, click on the little icon on your desktop that says black desert online and try turning the game on for the first time before posting to the forums. 

Thanks for the laughs about how PVP is this intense strategy.

ROFL it's a sh!t fest.  Grab > 27 seconds of incapacitated > dead

Keep dreaming lol

It reminds me of getting 1 shot back stab in L2...........................Yeah did I mention from the FRONT

Ohhh he moved in so silkely during that late autumn night.  The way he clicked that BUTTON SHAAAAZAM like magic.  Where does one develop such amazing skills?  It's a mystery.

Edited by feebleone

Posted (edited)

Yeah how do u think i have so much wp cause i stacked it with my gear and have high health level.

gz

So me and my friend decided to see just how "vulnerable wizard is". So he hopped onto his level 56 Wizard and i went on my musa lifeskill alt. So he can basically chain super armor nonstop and have his teleport up when his SA is done and just keep going forever making him basically near impossible to cc while also getting to wait for his cooldowns as i need to close the gap every teleport. 

impossible to CC, SA forever. wait that remind me of a class using spears. you know what i mean, this asian inspiried class muwha or mesa or... i dont know sorry

Yup 7 seconds of me just walking (not even sprinting). Not using any skills. Oh wait ur teleport you can chain SA and all your other shit till it's up before you can teleport again. 

if you cant win a fight with 33 dashes you just deserve to die.

Nice try bro tho. I like how u didn't even consider the fact that u only gain stamina back unless you are walking or standing still and using none of your skills. Really shows how well u know how this game works c:

impressiv how you dont get the fact that 33 dashes is mmmmmmmmmmMMMANY, MMMMUCH and whatever.
you are the first person making this kind conversation amusing as hell.

My friend is a levle 60 Tamer, and as he was playing Wizard he realized how stupidly easy it is to play this class. As he sums it up "I don't even know what i'm doing, but i'm just smashing the buttons and somehow it's working"

let me guess, he runs into enemy raids in every nodewar and RBF match, dieng and saing: "IM DEAD, TAMER IS SO HARD TO PLAY IM SO WAIFU PLS GIVE ME AN OCTOPUS HUSBAND.

Edited by Wollbert

Posted

Hm SA forever, meanwhile as you chase to a wizard he drops skills that do dmg to u in ur SA... hmmmm... 

I never said i can't win a fight in "33 dashes" 33 dashes came from you proposing you could do 3 laps around RBF on ur level 56 maehwa without running out of resources c:

Fam you really should get your 56 maehwa to 58 and then play her and tell me you don't wish u could dash more :P

Well so much salt gotta at least make it somewhat amusing or else it'll just leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Nah he doesn't do that actually. When he PvPs people in arena he doesn't even use dog since it's not fair to 2v1 other people. He was actually the few Tamer who were happy for the void nerf because it meant all the tamers who just ran around spamming only that skill would reroll and only the decent Tamers would be left.

Since u answered my quote like that i can't quote u :c, i'm too lazy to copy and paste. 

I still think Wizard/Witch need a nerf, but removing all their SA or w.e shit people were spouting is the wrong way to go with nerfing them. PA needs to pick if they want Wizard to be a nuke or an utility class. Right now they have too much of both.

If you ever run into a Wizard who is more geared than you, you will have a very rough time. Rough as in you will feel like you have no chance and will constantly be clenching your ass cheeks and when they finally leave and you relax you realize u have a hemorrhoid now. Against equal geared it's more balanced depending on how brain dead the enemy Wizard is, and undergeared is if they land a 100% and instagib u then rip otherwise you just gobble them up. 

Posted

i dont regret wizards need to be some tune down in their shet. but whats the deal with witches? Witch have even slower casts than wiz and not a single counter to SA/guard. as well as a shet 100%. Wizard has a way better Range-CC with the Waterball and more movement.

Posted

This thread is so full of trolls, i stopped reading at the "Musa needs major MASSIVE nerf".

2 people like this

Posted

i dont regret wizards need to be some tune down in their shet. but whats the deal with witches? Witch have even slower casts than wiz and not a single counter to SA/guard. as well as a shet 100%. Wizard has a way better Range-CC with the Waterball and more movement.

yeah, wiz's dmg is off the chart. 192 aap witch here, my 100% get jacks to like 10% ish most of the time, other times one shot. Mainwhile a 140 aap wiz in my guild said he does about the same with his 100% to jacks and he doesn't even have bhegs or zarka like I do.

Posted

Don't know much about the PvP but just in my limited experience in PvE while Wizard is certainly capable and powerful generally the lack of mobility lets most other classes out farm you.  When I get in groups with classes like Musa I simply cannot keep up with them so that alone seems to balance it out on the PvE side, assuming any balance was in fact needed.  I mean I can kill mobs perfectly fine but when they can zip around the battlefield from pack to pack way faster than you, gives them an edge.

Posted

I think PA will somehow try to balance the classes with this so called "main hand awakening" & I foresee  wizards/witches being on the shorter end of stick. Then I will buy myself truckload of popcorn to watch the crocodile tears of wiz/witch players here on forums.

Posted

git gut m8

Posted

Wizard (need nuthing)

Berserker (need to git gud)

Ranger (dont even need to git gud but need a tissuedispenser)

Musa (need to git gud and learn not to waste 33 dashes in a row)

Dark Knight (need more cotumes for rerollers faptimes)

Maehwa (same as Musa)

Ninja (needs to git gud and learn that a Ninja isn't supposed to be Ironman)

Valkyrie (needs hard to git gud)

Kunoichi (needs a dancingcourse in reallife)

Tamer (needs a Truck of tissuedispenser)

Sorc (needs to go into a self-help group together with Tamer)

*FIXED IT FOR YOU

Wait, sorcerer and witch are 2 different classes? O.o

Posted

Witches need a serious buff.

Posted

I think PA will somehow try to balance the classes with this so called "main hand awakening" & I foresee  wizards/witches being on the shorter end of stick. Then I will buy myself truckload of popcorn to watch the crocodile tears of wiz/witch players here on forums.

why u dont search for pre-awakening posts, oh wait there aren't posts? maybe wiz/witch always tryed to git gud.

Posted

How about asking for buffs to the other classes instead ?