• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Nerf Witch and Wizard

761 posts in this topic

Posted

Wizard is such a broken class that if they only had Teleport and their 100% Rage Skill, Bolide of Destruction they'd still be a top 3 class in big PvP battles

Posted

I just started leveling my witch and I'm currently 57 (over half way to 58) and I have to say that I haven't had a single problem fighting anyone of any class and level... Except for other witches and wizards. I melt everyone I fight and clear packs of mobs faster than I did with my lv 59 tamer with way less effort. Not to mention that I can pop magical shield, my awakening buff, and protected area all at the same time to ----- shit up. And if I ----- up? No problem - I have two heals I can use and it's as if my opponent(s) did absolutely nothing to me.

The sad part is that witches get way more powerful at 58.. So imagine what I could do then? Haha..

Also I popped into RBF the other day and got 200+ points without even trying in my first ever battle. Very balanced. Very difficult. Please buff.

must be fighting total scrubs then.  Any class worth a damn will SA through your cc's and damage, gap close grab and nuke the fck out of you before you can teleport away and heal.  And if you do manage to teleport they will still gap close (everyone is faster than a witch/wiz) and grab or cc you out of your big heal and nuke you again.

3 people like this

Posted

must be fighting total scrubs then.  Any class worth a damn will SA through your cc's and damage, gap close grab and nuke the fck out of you before you can teleport away and heal.  And if you do manage to teleport they will still gap close (everyone is faster than a witch/wiz) and grab or cc you out of your big heal and nuke you again.

Exacly how is "everyone" faster than a witch/wiz.... lol 

Posted

Been sayin, this isn't a pvp game.  There is PVP in it but it's not designed for the pvp crowd.  Balance isn't a real consideration.

1 person likes this

Posted

Exacly how is "everyone" faster than a witch/wiz.... lol 

Movement?  Dashes, Teleports not on long cd's, skill chains that make up the distance of a teleport nearly instantly after you teleport if they see where you went......

A teleport does nothing against a good player, they will just leap to you with a skill or dash before you can even think about casting your long heal.  And by that time their grab is back off CD, or their cc's are ready again while you are standing there with your pants down staff in the air lol.  With 0 defense.

2 people like this

Posted

I just started leveling my witch and I'm currently 57 (over half way to 58) and I have to say that I haven't had a single problem fighting anyone of any class and level... Except for other witches and wizards. I melt everyone I fight and clear packs of mobs faster than I did with my lv 59 tamer with way less effort. Not to mention that I can pop magical shield, my awakening buff, and protected area all at the same time to ----- shit up. And if I ----- up? No problem - I have two heals I can use and it's as if my opponent(s) did absolutely nothing to me.

The sad part is that witches get way more powerful at 58.. So imagine what I could do then? Haha..

Also I popped into RBF the other day and got 200+ points without even trying in my first ever battle. Very balanced. Very difficult. Please buff.

you get double damage at lvl 60 from flows 

Posted (edited)

Actually the AoE size of witch and wizard isn't that different from other classes. it's more of a fact they are not PBAoE type.

If you actually hit a dummy with other classes the range is pretty similar across classes(awakened wise).

The animation are a different issue though.

mass GvG is a different issue as lag and distractions make mages more effective then pure AoE. Basically they can snipe you before you realize their position.

Anyone who has any experience in pvp should not or rather be warily enough to dance around mages, before going in for the kill, if it was smaller 1v1.

I think the better balance for mages is for their skills to have less CC and focus on the damage side of things.

In any event, catching and killing mages is the simplest thing in the awakening world for anyone that has a shred of pvp experience.

Edited by Kuu
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

How come wizards/witch have knockdowns, stuns, do massive dmg AND have heals that can just heal straight up back to 100% instantly. I was shocked just now that I had to fight a wiz and he just teled away when he got low and healed up to 100%. Theres no cooldown/low cooldown on the heal skills or something? Why was he able to keep healing up? Theres no silence ability in this game to stop them from casting or anything...What the hell.

My gearscore is 169/163/221 and I'm a berserker. Were all on Olvia channels so I wouldn't be surprised if that guys gearscores were lower. He didn't 1 shot me like another wiz did but was still a struggle to stay alive.

You might have just lost a paying member of your game!

Fix this broken class!

Edited by Tdogg
7 people like this

Posted (edited)

How come wizards/witch have knockdowns, stuns, do massive dmg AND have heals that can just heal straight up back to 100% instantly. I was shocked just now that I had to fight a wiz and he just teled away when he got low and healed up to 100%. Theres no cooldown/low cooldown on the heal skills or something? Why was he able to keep healing up? Theres no silence ability in this game to stop them from casting or anything...What the hell.

My gearscore is 169/163/221 and I'm a berserker. Were all on Olvia channels so I wouldn't be surprised if that guys gearscores were lower. He didn't 1 shot me like another wiz did but was still a struggle to stay alive.

Fix this broken class!

Your also missing, Working super armor - compare to other classes limited situational, Frontal block thats extending further than other classes (video on youtube proving this).
but yeah OP overdue for nerf, CM plays the class if you look around there past posts, only reasons i can think of for ignoring the issue.
a better fix would be buffing other classes to wiz/witch/war/dk (awakened) standards

Edited by prymortal
1 person likes this

Posted

> Talks about a supposedly broken class

> Plays Zerker

znLxq3n.png

23 people like this

Posted

Another "wizard/witch is OP!" thread ;~; Always turn into flame wars.

Posted

Your DP isn't formidable.

1 person likes this

Posted

wait... you're a zerk tho........................................................................ you're supposed to have a 5 minutes grab(once i get grabbed by a zerk as a witch im most likely dead)

Posted

Fix this broken class!

Wizard/Witch are the cancer class in the game, there has never been a class in BDO history that is as OP as Wizard/Witch of today. Even the full retard ranger era was like a gazillion times better than this.

4 people like this

Posted

Berserker is no where near the level of Wizard... While ya you can chain grab someone for a good while the damage burst on it is pretty blehhh if they're full HP to start. 

Not to mention trying to land a -----in grab on these servers. lol 

Posted

Berserker is no where near the level of Wizard... While ya you can chain grab someone for a good while the damage burst on it is pretty blehhh if they're full HP to start. 

Not to mention trying to land a -----in grab on these servers. lol 

LOL so true

trying to land anything on these servers is a pain in the ass

Posted

The wizards and witches defending their class are so full of shit it's unbelievable.

8 people like this

Posted

Everyone should reroll to witch/wizard.. problem solved.

2 people like this

Posted

IMG_1618.JPG

6 people like this

Posted

IMG_1618.JPG

Typical Wizard main response.

Posted

If you have to blatantly lie/exaggerate in your critique it just makes you look like a salty kid. Maining another broken class doesn't really help either. But please, continue.

4 people like this

Posted

Yea there's no way it's your bad gear or questionable skill, especially considering zerkers are one of the strongest classes in the game right now

and don't lump witches and wizards in the same group, the disrecpancy in ults has them on completely different power spikes

2 people like this

Posted

witch and wizard are fine can a mod please lock all these troll threads about people crying over witches and wizards being over powered when they are clearly not if you know how to play your class properly?

1 person likes this

Posted

Wizard is pretty strong. Perhaps I'm not at that point with mine, but a chain grab, or good CC's usually spells the end of me - which yeah, I agree is probably -----ing annoying with these servers as they've been.. :/

Theres no cooldown/low cooldown on the heal skills or something? Why was he able to keep healing up? Theres no silence ability in this game to stop them from casting or anything...What the hell.

Healing Lighthouse is the main one you have issue with. At max rank, it heals 30% per pulse x 3 pulses. It doesn't have super armor, requires the wizard/witch to stand in place, in staff and it has a 30 second cooldown. Combo that with Healing Aura; 10 second cooldown with a 20% almost instant heal(unless sages memory is applied, its not instant) at max rank. In a single go, a wizard or witch can heal themselves 120% only every 30 seconds - which is a lot of time in PvP. Every 10 seconds following that they can heal an 20% via Healing Aura. Combo that with potions - extra large potions and/or superior whale potions(750 HP every 30 seconds, 500 HP for the green ones), and you have a wizard/witch that is basically an hp damage sponge.

Healing Lighthouse can be interrupted, you just need to throw some CC's at them while they're doing it. It happens more than you'd think, but that's why the smart wizard teleports away first. Interrupting the healing lighthouse is big. It puts it on full cooldown, which means they either need healing aura or pots to heal up - doable, but leaves them in a vulnerable state.

Which is where protection spells like Magical Shield and Protected Area come into play. PA is a giant damage reduction spell. It increases damage reduction to a point, where to compare it to something PVE: Kzarka's breath or Nouver's Breath or Karanda's Quill attack does -----ing nothing. Max rank: 8 seconds. It increases CC resist except for grapple and adds super armor. Magical Shield, at max rank, reduces damage by 25%, sending the reduced damage to MP - regardless of if the wizard has any left or not. It increases all resistance by 15% - including grapple - for 30 seconds(1 minute CD). Combo those two together, and then healing lighthouse, and chances are the wizard or witch will get the full heal off.

Which puts you, most likely, right in front of them, trying to CC them, while they just swap to awakening while still under the PA and Magical Shield effects, and start to steam roll.

It's possible, as I've had it happen to me a good number of times, to interrupt the teleport, forcing the 7 second cooldown, via grapple. Doing that can stop the wizard from pretty much everything above for 7 seconds. A well timed grapple - not considering how laggy the servers have been - can ----- a wizard up. Any CC really can ----- a wizard up from doing its thing. 

Now that you know, OP, try getting someone to help you learn the tell's of their supporting spells, and maybe you'll catch a wizard with their pants down(low health trying to heal)!

Posted

Another "wizard/witch is OP!" thread ;~; Always turn into flame wars.

the wizard witch is op threads are allowed to grow, this is the third one, yet when i make a thread called wiz is not op and giving sound examples as to why, more factual than these, it is closed on the day. 10/10 logic.

witch and wizard are fine can a mod please lock all these troll threads about people crying over witches and wizards being over powered when they are clearly not if you know how to play your class properly?

2 people like this