• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Nerf Witch and Wizard

761 posts in this topic

Posted

since you do not read the topic (said TWO posts above) yes, I am a wizard

Not sure why you're quoting me, since my quote wasn't even at you, lol. 

Posted

Why are MMO boards always filled with people like this, whining for nerfs of one class or another? Look, if you think a class is too powerful or the most powerful thing in the game, then why don't you play it? Nobody is stopping you. Same goes for items.

Instead, you get on the boards and whine. Why? Are you a little kid and have no coping mechanism? All this does is take away something that ostensibly other people enjoy.

Please knock this crap off.

Posted

Why are MMO boards always filled with people like this, whining for nerfs of one class or another? Look, if you think a class is too powerful or the most powerful thing in the game, then why don't you play it? Nobody is stopping you. Same goes for items.

Instead, you get on the boards and whine. Why? Are you a little kid and have no coping mechanism? All this does is take away something that ostensibly other people enjoy.

Class is broken, so your solution is to "play it and stop complaining" 

You're not a deep thinker are you? 

Broken class balance makes games die. This isn't Harry -----ing Potter online.

The only worse then people "whining" about class balance are people who think wanting a balanced game is stupid. 

DisclaimerL I'm a Ninja, i don't actually give a ----- what happens. 

Posted

If there was a down vote option, #1 in this thread. Logic isn't your forte is it now? 

Posted (edited)

So "class balance" is your job now? And you're just volunteering? Get over yourself man. Unless you work at BDO, your opinion has no value. It's just an opinion.

Here's another opinion. Maybe you just really suck at PvP and you're really salty about it?? In fact, I'd wager that that's what this thread (and everyone like it) is all about.

Edited by BD-Cipher

Posted

So "class balance" is your job now? And you're just volunteering? Get over yourself man. Unless you work at BDO, your opinion has no value. It's just an opinion.

Here's another opinion. Maybe you just really suck at PvP and you're really salty about it?? In fact, I'd wager that that's what this thread (and everyone like it) is all about.

Wanna fight? Bring all your friends to watch.

Your either a level 56 Wizard in NA or a level 60 Wizard in EU, because that is the range of your logical deduction in this thread

Posted

Are you trolling or is this 4real?Leveled a wizard 2 weeks ago for bosses and even thou I haven't played him that much they do have:
- A teleport that can port you from Heidel to Calpheon :D ( e
xaggerating of course, but when you fight someone it's very convenient. OP is not 100% right about 2 teleports, but still feels like 2 )
- You heal from 1HP to full, thats a fact
- Grabs - pressed Q recently? It's a grab and described as a grab and grabs. What is a grab in your opinion? I mean if it makes sounds like a sheep, looks like a sheep, shiets like a sheep, tastes like a sheep, is it a chicken?
- PETS - not the cash shop pets you retard :D Wizard and Witch both have pets, as in companions, as in the big red fking Ragnaros look-a-like maa faking Damage doing thing that the Wiz controls... I mean, c'mon, you can't be that ignorant? 
- Fastest grinding class - I play Sorc, now also DK, Warr and now leveled a wizard. I can one-shot mobs left and right with shift + right click and continue. No need for me to dodge, no need to go to every group and press 10 buttons to kill them, just poof-poof-bye-bye. 

I get why OP is confused and angry, but OP, they will fix this in time. Sorc was OP at start too, some classes are still unkillable if played correctly (warrior, valk) e.t.c Give them time.

What is it with this thread and ppl only reading the first 2 posts before spouting their uninformed crap at me...

Take your made-up facts and anecdotal evidence and off with ye!

Posted (edited)

Wanna fight? Bring all your friends to watch.

Your either a level 56 Wizard in NA or a level 60 Wizard in EU, because that is the range of your logical deduction in this thread

Aaaaand you just proved my point. Salty PvPer. It might come as a surprise for you to learn that not everybody is a PvPer (or a salty one).

It might also come as a surprise for you to learn that other people seek enjoyment out of this game and pay to play it. It is not a bubble-wrapped fun toy (safe space?) for [not so] LethalAF.

Play the game BDO developers created. Or don't. I couldn't care less. But stop whining about "class balance" and trying to wreck OTHER people's enjoyment. Roll up a wizard and play one yourself instead.

P.S. Your forum title says "Officer for Basillica Corps". Is that your position in an actual guild/org? If so, hide your face in shame, kid. Really. Getting on forums to whine about "class balance" is not only "teh lame", it makes your entire guild look like a bunch of whiners who are sore/salty/butthurt about losing.

This is UNBECOMING OF AN OFFICER.

Edited by BD-Cipher

Posted (edited)

What is it with this thread and ppl only reading the first 2 posts before spouting their uninformed crap at me...

Take your made-up facts and anecdotal evidence and off with ye!

U are just not worth it... My youtube is your youtube, my google is also your google. Play the game, use the grab, get to 56 and use your companion/pet. No need to prove anything to a ignorant idiot...

Edited by mafeel

Posted

Aaaaand you just proved my point. Salty PvPer. It might come as a surprise for you to learn that not everybody is a PvPer (or a salty one).

It might also come as a surprise for you to learn that other people seek enjoyment out of this game and pay to play it. It is not a bubble-wrapped fun toy (safe space?) for [not so] LethalAF.

Play the game BDO developers created. Or don't. I couldn't care less. But stop whining about "class balance" and trying to wreck OTHER people's enjoyment. Roll up a wizard and play one yourself instead.

P.S. Your forum title says "Officer for Basillica Corps". Is that your position in an actual guild/org? If so, hide your face in shame, kid. Really. Getting on forums to whine about "class balance" is not only "teh lame", it makes your entire guild look like a bunch of whiners who are sore/salty/butthurt about losing.

Wait... so you are a lifeskiller who somehow wandered into a thread dealing with combat balance, with most of the concerns being pvp related, and are telling people that everything is fine and they need to l2p. Maybe you got lost? I recommend you click the back button right now and go find the horse breeding thread where you belong.

Posted

U are just not worth it... My youtube is your youtube, my google is also your google. Play the game, use the grab, get to 56 and use your companion/pet. No need to prove anything to a ignorant idiot...

Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Posted (edited)

This is how every single game I have ever played gets ruined. You people have got to learn that your opinions are just opinions. Your perception of "balance" is based in no small part on your own abilities and the abilities of your opponents (and their gear and their computer equipment and, and, and, and etc).

Bottom line again is that if YOU think a class is to powerful, stop crying about it. Just roll up that character and go play it.

What I really hate about MMOs is this perpetual whining by people with no coping mechanisms that force other players to have to constantly change the way they play the game. That gets SO EFFING TIRESOME because there's never enough NERFing. It's the road to MMO hell (at least for people who just play games to kick back and have fun).

Edited by BD-Cipher

Posted

Magician Desert Online.

Join our great mmorpg with lots of fps killing explosion skills and earhurting soundeffect pets. You wonder why the term "desert" is in there? Well, although we offer a broad choice of classes, most of the players choose wizards and witches which you can meet at every corner. Just like sand, it's everywhere, like these sand grains rub between your a$$-cheeks when shitting, and it's true, they really shit on all the other classes.

Download NOW.

Posted

Magician Desert Online.

Join our great mmorpg with lots of fps killing explosion skills and earhurting soundeffect pets. You wonder why the term "desert" is in there? Well, although we offer a broad choice of classes, most of the players choose wizards and witches which you can meet at every corner. Just like sand, it's everywhere, like these sand grains rub between your a$$-cheeks when shitting, and it's true, they really shit on all the other classes.

Download NOW.

This is chalk full of special snowflake goodness. Brought to you by the "I only play if I can win" and "I'm taking my ball and going home" generation.

Posted (edited)

I love how people complain about balance in a game where there is no end to gear or level progression at all, it's a brilliant marketing/business plan on behalf of PA, they really have a lot of you running around like sheep in a herd.  Their business plan behind the game design means a lot of revenue because of the retards who spend thousands of dollars on artisans memory alone (not to mention all the other cleverly thought out items in the Pearl Shop).  If they wanted to have a balanced game, they wouldn't have road mapped the game to have an endless gear progression and other obvious game design aspects, the reason they have the system they do, is because more money from the consumer.  It's -----ing genius.

Back on point though, everyone needs to give up hope on balance in this game anytime soon.  This game requires your character to be strong as you can possibly be, so give up playing any other games, and focus on this game only if you want to be the best.  This game is one well thought out, strategic marketing plan, and it pays off, they don't need a huge community, they just need a few hundred idiots (on multiple the servers mind you) to spend thousands of dollars a month in their Pearl Shop to make all the revenue they need.  Hence why they eventually made the game free to try for 7 days, get one person hooked with a lot of money and that's more than the price tag on a game.  

P.S, They'll never balance character classes as well, so give up on that too.

Edited by jimichanga

Posted

I guess now is the time for everyone to reroll Wizard/Witch?  By the time they balance the weaker classes, Trump might be gone from the Whitehouse.

- Free Heals to full - check

- Biggest AoE attacks - check

- Teleports x 2 - check

- Grabs - check

- Pets - check

- BS Rage that can insta kill 5+ ppl instantly - check

- Fastest grinding class hence you can farm faster - check

Screw waiting right, Bye Kuno/Ninja, bye chugging XL potions for days, bye broken useless stealth, bye needing 10 perfectly executed combo attacks to kill 1 guy!

I hope you're right, I'll be happy if this game is still around in next 8 years.

Posted

This game requires your character to be strong as you can possibly be, so give up playing any other games, and focus on this game only if you want to be the best.

This is true of any multiplayer game. There is no way around that. People who play more and who have better gear and who have better computers and who have better internet connections and who have more money ... yada yada yada ... will always have an advantage over those who do not. And you know what? It's ok. Because it's just a game.

This stuff is true in real life too, and that's what should be grinding your gears. Not a video game. Just go forth and have fun.

Posted

if u want to nerf witch/wiz... so... start nerfing:

- full grab and instant heal for BERK,

- tons of iframes while moving on musa, mahewa, ranger, sorc,

- great Defense while can kill u on 2 shots on Val Warrior... even Berker with less AP can kill You with perma grab style..

Woah woah buddy. Tons of Iframe on Maehwa, Musa. You obviously can't tell the difference between SA and iframes. 

I don't play a berserker, but at this point, have you ever seen a zerker use their chain grabs in siege war to kill someone? Probably not because they would just get smashed before they could pull off the second grab.

Woah. Nerf Valk. I mean they're OP lifeskillers but still...

Posted (edited)

This is true of any multiplayer game. There is no way around that. People who play more and who have better gear and who have better computers and who have better internet connections and who have more money ... yada yada yada ... will always have an advantage over those who do not. And you know what? It's ok. Because it's just a game.

This stuff is true in real life too, and that's what should be grinding your gears. Not a video game. Just go forth and have fun.

Not necessarily true at all, maybe if you're just generalizing MMO games, the thing about this game is, it's more effective to lone wolf/solo to make your money (aka life skilling) and then spend months upon months upgrading gear, to see no end in sight, because there really is no end.  This isn't a PvP game in the slightest, whether you people like to think it is or not, there's more incentive to play solo and make money in multiple ways, de-sync/optimization is garbage (they put arena's out in the middle of nowhere in KR because best frames where nothing is around), the open world "PvP" system is garbage and rewards players who want to grief.  The truth is, there are many PvP focused games (not just MMO's, because they all generally follow the same trend) where you don't have to worry about a grind, and the amount of time you put in determines your actual skill level, not trying to reach an impossible gear/level end game.  Although, those types of game designs typically do not work for MMO's, BDO is a great example of that and it's endless gear progression, and as previously stated, it's a brilliant marketing/business plan.  If the majority of the game design aspects in BDO didn't have an endless progression system, they wouldn't nearly make as much revenue annually as they do now with how the Pearl Shop is laid out.  

Why do you think they keep increasing the bundle size of Artisans Memory?  It's surely not for convenience, I'll tell you that.

Edited by jimichanga

Posted

I find you to be a fascinating person... 

Like.. I'm trying to understand how you even exist.. Did you work on the Hillary Clinton campaign internet troll program and now that is over you were hired by the GM's so we stop complaining and get their classes nerfed? lol. 

I'd like you to leave the forums, we don't want your kind here. 

Someone who posted this a week ago 

"Hi guys. I joined BDO a couple of weeks ago so I'm still pretty new to the game and trying to learn all the mechanics of it. I just hit level 50 (Wizard) and that seems to have unlocked quite a few new things, like daily/weekly boss scrolls and PvP.

My focus is currently on everything but PvP (just not ready for that yet) - so increasing class/horse/pet skills, farming, leveling, questing, and everything else. I'm very interested in your guild. I'm on for a few hours a day usually at night and would like to be able to join up with other players who are involved in the same kinds of activities as I am.

Feel free to message me if you'd like to know anything about me. Otherwise, I'll try to message SizeQueen IG.

p.s. Does it matter if I have small hands??? :P"

Has zero right to even be in this discussion. and I was right on the money, Lvl 56 Wizard, in NA lol. Had you pegged for a mile you joke. 

GL with Sinners, some nice guys there and you'll be in good company because all their PVPers left so you wont have to deal with that anymore. 

Posted (edited)

By George, he's done it! He's cracked the code!! And your point is what, that complaining ad nauseum is actually good for an MMO? Have you ever played any other games besides BDO?

I have been down this road plenty of times in the last 20 years of gaming. All these complaints about "class balance" are nothing more than kids/men with no coping mechanism. While you're off digging feverishly through forums for anything else that proves "you have me pegged", I do not/have not PvP'd in BDO. I have NO STAKE in this discussion about nerfing X/Y/Z other than what I have said already - that it's a road to MMO hell because there is no end to people with no coping mechanisms.

P.S. NERFing classes affects everybody, so it's curious that you think I do not have "the right" to weigh in on a thread that demands a game that I ALSO PAID FOR get altered to suit your safe space needs. And this is one of dozens of similarly ridiculous posts. New MMO, same old nonsense.

Edited by BD-Cipher

Posted

Magician Desert Online.

Download NOW.

And I thought Desert was in the name because of the whiny players that desert the game weekly.

2 people like this

Posted

By George, he's done it! He's cracked the code!! And your point is what, that complaining ad nauseum is actually good for an MMO? Have you ever played any other games besides BDO?

I have been down this road plenty of times in the last 20 years of gaming. All these complaints about "class balance" are nothing more than kids/men with no coping mechanism. While you're off digging feverishly through forums for anything else that proves "you have me pegged", I do not/have not PvP'd in BDO. I have NO STAKE in this discussion about nerfing X/Y/Z other than what I have said already - that it's a road to MMO hell because there is no end to people with no coping mechanisms.

What MMO's have you played? 

Lets get some background on you, lets find out how full of shit you really are. List some games ruined by complaining and tell us if you "pvp'd" in them. 

You know ----- all about what your talking about in this thread lets see if actually know anything about anything else. 

Posted (edited)

And I thought Desert was in the name because of the whiny players that desert the game weekly.

Apparently (and unfortunately) at not a fast enough rate to jettison threads like this one.

Edited by BD-Cipher

Posted

Let's all listen to BD-Cipher and reroll to the class we all complaining about :D because you know who cares about class balance. Then this game can be changed from Black Desert Online to Wizard Simulator 2017. We can change Valencia to Hogwarts or some shit for the RP kids. 

Let's all listen to someone who has played LOTS of games and wants to comment on PvP Class balance when he himself has NEVER PvP'd in BDO before. 

You have no stake in this discussion then why not make another thread about how we shouldn't complain about class balance. I think you need to PvP to realize this "no coping mechanism". At this point, you just look like a fool trying to undermine everyone's discussion when you have no experience whatsoever in anything that's been talked about in this thread.