• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Nerf Witch and Wizard

761 posts in this topic

Posted

Apparently (and unfortunately) at not a fast enough rate to jettison threads like this one.

You're dropping bombs bro. Did you come up with that while grinding catfish and thinking everything is fine because you have 60 AP? 

Posted

And I thought Desert was in the name because of the whiny players that desert the game weekly.

Well played ;)

Posted

tfw people lump witch with wizard

5267577d3d586578793f6ac471352627020cc8eb

Posted

Well do one thing for me before you go. The last 3+ years, I've been playing a console game called Destiny. Go peruse their forums (link below) and tell me how the demands to NERF X/Y/Z at BDO are materially different than those over at Bungie:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Topics?tSort=3&tType=0&d=3&lang=en

New MMO. Same stupid shit. Kids and grown men with no coping skills = ruins the game for everyone else.

You gave me an analogy, so let me give you one. Guys like you are like kids who show up to a ball game and complain that the players on the other team are too tall or too fast or that the rules favor their tactics. And they start demanding changes to help them win. That is you and every poster of a "NERF THIS" thread in a nutshell. It is driven by your own sense of being disadvantaged.

P.S. If you're wondering why, then, I'm posting here, I already told you. Truth is, I don't care that much about winning or losing. Sure, winning is fun but it's a game and just having a good time/real challenge is the most fun. I care far more about being force to relearn game mechanics with every patch release. I don't know that that will happen here, but that's what Destiny turned into. Players would mass abandon entire classes of weapons because they got nerfed so badly. Every time weapons got patched, we'd have to relearn what worked and what didn't. THAT CRAP JUST GETS OLD.

Posted

This is how every single game I have ever played gets ruined. You people have got to learn that your opinions are just opinions. Your perception of "balance" is based in no small part on your own abilities and the abilities of your opponents (and their gear and their computer equipment and, and, and, and etc).

Bottom line again is that if YOU think a class is to powerful, stop crying about it. Just roll up that character and go play it.

What I really hate about MMOs is this perpetual whining by people with no coping mechanisms that force other players to have to constantly change the way they play the game. That gets SO EFFING TIRESOME because there's never enough NERFing. It's the road to MMO hell (at least for people who just play games to kick back and have fun).

You sir need to actually go read stuff before you post. On FRIDAY NIGHT, the DEVELOPERS said they are overpowered. Had you watched the stream for it, they admitted it. Your thought process is non-existent. Stop posting in here.

Posted

Well do one thing for me before you go. The last 3+ years, I've been playing a console game called Destiny. Go peruse their forums (link below) and tell me how the demands to NERF X/Y/Z at BDO are materially different than those over at Bungie:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Topics?tSort=3&tType=0&d=3&lang=en

New MMO. Same stupid shit. Kids and grown men with no coping skills = ruins the game for everyone else.

You gave me an analogy, so let me give you one. Guys like you are like kids who show up to a ball game and complain that the players on the other team are too tall or too fast or that the rules favor their tactics. And they start demanding changes to help them win. That is you and every poster of a "NERF THIS" thread in a nutshell. It is driven by your own sense of being disadvantaged.

P.S. If you're wondering why, then, I'm posting here, I already told you. Truth is, I don't care that much about winning or losing. Sure, winning is fun but it's a game and just having a good time/real challenge is the most fun. I care far more about being force to relearn game mechanics with every patch release. I don't know that that will happen here, but that's what Destiny turned into. Players would mass abandon entire classes of weapons because they got nerfed so badly. Every time weapons got patched, we'd have to relearn what worked and what didn't. THAT CRAP JUST GETS OLD.

Since you asked me to address you once more and you actually articulated in this post instead of spouting generic none sense I will address your points respectfully.

1) The demand to "nerf" classes in BDO, is backed by empirically proven data. Data produced by the game devs themselves. This thread is made up of players venting regarding the blatant power imbalance between classes while we wait for the already scheduled changes from the dev team. 

2) I am not a child, I am 28 years old and have been a gamer for 20 years. I have managed numerous MMO's, Roleplaying life mod communities for other games and find great fun in complex games with hidden intracies(and before you begin with the blah blah blah live with your mom, I am married and own a very nice home and have a successful career.) So when you pontificate on the merits of a community complaining in regards to their game you are falling on deaf ears. Adjustments and needed changes don't occur unless people voice those concerns. If the development team was note made aware of the unrest they would simply focus on more revenue generating pearl shop products instead of needed balance.

The people who spend the most money on this game and therefore keep it alive are the high end PVPer's and people interested in becoming high end PVPer's if you do not balance your game which again was proven empirically to be broken you will lose those competitive people and their generated revenue and therefore your game.

3) Here is the good news, you will not need to relearn your skills because you do not PVP. As a wizard literally the only thing you need to do is aqua prison, I'm not sure if you are an awakened Wizard yet, from your previous post you were only level 50 so I'm not sure where you are at. If you are not awakened yet I recommend you wait until you get to a decent point before commenting further on these threads as you have absolutely no understanding of the subject matter.

Good luck to you, I hope you enjoy the game for a very long time and continue to purchase Daum cash and keep the game going for years to come. 

Posted

Then why do we have 7 pages of b*tching?

Because you started posting.

1 person likes this

Posted

You have no stake in this discussion then why not make another thread about how we shouldn't complain about class balance. I think you need to PvP to realize this "no coping mechanism". At this point, you just look like a fool trying to undermine everyone's discussion when you have no experience whatsoever in anything that's been talked about in this thread.

Fair enough. Is this actually a "discussion"? It sounds exactly like every other NERF thread in existence - complaining.

PvP is PvP whether at BDO or somewhere else. I've been on the losing end plenty of times and so has anyone who PvPs. It's the asking to change the game for everyone that creates more problems. If BDO is or becomes responsive to NERF complain threads, where do you think it ends? Have you ever played an MMO where "game balance" was changed dramatically with releases? Just curious, because I find having to relearn mechanics unacceptably tedious.

People should just play the game the way it is and adapt to it. Everyone will know what's the best and what's the worst and plan accordingly. This game gives you 5 character slots. So go roll up a wizard if you think it's that powerful or if you're uber competitive, find the wizard breaker class/skill/gear combo and get the props for it.

Posted

well after this 8 pages of useless posts, can the whiners explain to me how wiz/witch are op?

Because to me it looks like 1) you have no idea how to fight them 2) your gear is inferior to your opponent, in which case any class can destroy you.

Seriously Wiz has a 30% winratio in Korea at the moment in tournaments and 1v1. What you people smoking?

Any class will destroy wizard in 1v1 with same gear and level. Hell you can even grab a wizard during aqua jail..

If you get 2shotted by a wizard is because your gear is simply inferior.

here 

so now what, nerf Ranger?

learn to play.

2 people like this

Posted

Every time I walk into a thread with 5+ pages...

fire_community.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

well after this 8 pages of useless posts, can the whiners explain to me how wiz/witch are op?

Because to me it looks like 1) you have no idea how to fight them 2) your gear is inferior to your opponent, in which case any class can destroy you.

Seriously Wiz has a 30% winratio in Korea at the moment in tournaments and 1v1. What you people smoking?

Any class will destroy wizard in 1v1 with same gear and level. Hell you can even grab a wizard during aqua jail..

If you get 2shotted by a wizard is because your gear is simply inferior.

here 

so now what, nerf Ranger?

learn to play.

So you think this thread is about 1v1? It isn't. 

I'm a Ninja, I will gorilla ----- almost all of you 1v1. The issue is Node War. 

Posted

Because you started posting.

I posted on page 6. O.o

Here's a quote from someone above, which is exactly why I hate NERF threads like this. Do you find relearning game mechanics enjoyable?

Just giving you a heads up.  Tamer is/has been the most nerfed class in BDO history.  Constant nerfs to its playstyle over and over forcing Tamers to adjust the way they play the class. As opposed to some others that have never seen a nerf.  Lol.  I dont agree with irrelevent that Tamer is garbage however to suggest they haven't been...buttpounded, for lack of a better word, by the devs of this game would be a false claim.  Learn your history mates. 

Posted

A Wizard with less then 200 AP can teleport into a group of 8 ppl with 300 DP and drop a nuke and kill all of them. Balanced? Na Fam. 

Posted

I posted on page 6. O.o

Here's a quote from someone above, which is exactly why I hate NERF threads like this. Do you find relearning game mechanics enjoyable?

We're not asking for the class to be reworked so people have to be relearned. Reduce AOE, reduce damage, take away either heals or superarmor, take away some accuracy. NONE of those require you to relearn a nearly braindead class.

Posted

I posted on page 6. O.o

You seem to believe that 1 persons enjoyment outweighs balanced enjoyment for all?

I don't understand your logic. It's ok to have 8 unhappy classes as long as that 1 class is happy and all the other classes should just become that 1 class to prevent conflict? It doesn't make sense to me.. 

Posted

You seem to believe that 1 persons enjoyment outweighs balanced enjoyment for all?

I don't understand your logic. It's ok to have 8 unhappy classes as long as that 1 class is happy and all the other classes should just become that 1 class to prevent conflict? It doesn't make sense to me.. 

Haven't they said they plan to buff weaker classes instead of nerfing strong ones? 

Honestly I've not read all 8 pages of this so if it's already been discussed feel free to ignore my pointing this out or just quote someone else refuting it. 

Posted

Seems like they are gonna dump all the "herpderpopwizzerd" threads here which makes sense in a dont-shit-where-you-eat kind of way.

Posted

So you think this thread is about 1v1? It isn't. 

I'm a Ninja, I will gorilla ----- almost all of you 1v1. The issue is Node War. 

but if wiz cant be top dawg in 1v1, why cant they in siege? We all wanna be good at something

Posted (edited)

A Wizard with less then 200 AP can teleport into a group of 8 ppl with 300 DP and drop a nuke and kill all of them. Balanced? Na Fam. 

200 AP vs group of people with 300DP. I have a wizard with accuracy 206 AP and I dont kill a ranger with 290DP with "my nuke" (we both are lv 60)

Edited by Nimre

Posted

PA announced (based on KD ratios) that they will not nerf DK, wiz/wich but rather buf all other classes... now this doesnt make sense. If every other class is buffed to equal killing potential of DK, wiz/wich in mass PVP, most of the time everyone will just watch at respawn screen because the active playing time will be measured in nanoseconds.

Posted

200 AP vs group of people with 300DP. I have a wizard with accuracy 206 AP and I dont kill a ranger with 290DP with "my nuke" (we both are lv 60)

You are doing something very wrong, pr that Ranger has evasion coming out of its snatch. I've seen it happen 100 times.

but if wiz cant be top dawg in 1v1, why cant they in siege? We all wanna be good at something

I mean I guess what 1v1 is meaningless in this game. Why should the top siege class be heads and tales over everyone else in the one form of PVP that matters in this game? At least that has financial implications.

Posted

You are doing something very wrong, pr that Ranger has evasion coming out of its snatch. I've seen it happen 100 times.

I mean I guess what 1v1 is meaningless in this game. Why should the top siege class be heads and tales over everyone else in the one form of PVP that matters in this game? At least that has financial implications.

But 1v1 does matter and ninja has so much tools and finesse any wiz would envy, its easier to get passionate about that class in such content. And 1v1 makes u defend that grindspot and epeen. U can always man a cannonteam as ninja, be a scout or wait for buffs.

Posted

I guess I am also doing something wrong. As a wiz with 210 AP (accurarcy build) or 233 AP (AP build) I am only 1-shoting people with my ULTIMATE (like every other class' ULTIMATE it is ULTIMATE) only when they are knocked-down already or when I hit the back or if they have underpowered DP/hp. At least this is the case over the last month or two since the ultimate got nerfed already. Maybe your point of reference is from before that?

Who decideds that 1vs1 is meaningless? For most players it is probably the more important way to fight than the large-scale GvG of nodewars. Just look how many people are participating there (less than 10% of the total player base / 30% of the active players I would guess) and compare to the number of players who do occasionally grind and get into a fight over a grind-spot (pure 1vs1). And if I can hold a good grindspot for several hours or have to move from bad spot to worse spots because everybody is stronger 1vs1 is worth 10s of millions in silver per week. I would say that is more than any guild payout.

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess I am also doing something wrong. As a wiz with 210 AP (accurarcy build) or 233 AP (AP build) I am only 1-shoting people with my ULTIMATE (like every other class' ULTIMATE it is ULTIMATE)

now that's a good one xD
Try oneshoting with tamer ultimate then come back (beetles or squirrels does not count)

Posted

I wonder is it only the life time Wizards who don't see it?

I have 3 rerolled Wizards in my guild, One was a level 60 sorc, the other 2 where level 59 ranger and Ninja/Tamer and the absolute consensus is that Wizard is -----ing broken. We're just talking about straight battle here we aren't even discussing the RETARDED grind efficiency they have. 

But if Wizard is all you know I guess its easy to think it's balanced, No sense in arguing the topic we're all in staunch disagreement. That being said have no clue how you would nerf them without making them too weak so good luck to the Devs in their balance efforts.