• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I am new to this game and leveled up into the mid 50's and i was very excited to play! but it quickly came to my attention the HEAVY lack of social play in the game. I will list a few examples:

1) Besides grinding there is almost NOTHING to do with a friend in the game besides just sitting around and talking.

2) even when grinding, unless vs very strong mobs its faster to farm separately for speed. and even vs bosses its just a group of people slashing away at a strong guy. almost no team play required.

3) I got on to play with a friend who started a month before me. to each of our disappointment, there is almost nothing he could do to help me besides give advice and a few potions. i appreciate limiting trade to prevent gold corruption in the game, but if you are gonna build a game so heavily into the economy (with the many many many life skills that require much time to develop) it almost leads to no point. Me being a wealthy or strong player has absolutely no benefit to my friends. The game at the moment is almost a single player RPG where you can see other people playing at the same time. on the positive side of this, I do like the effort for team play in things like Node wards and things. (even though again it is just a bunch of people slashing away at one another. How i suggest maybe a minor fix would be to allow player to player trading of items or money after a time frame, ie. I start playing, add my friend. after 2 days of waiting (to ward off some appeal to "BUY GOLD NOW" schemes) then my friend can assist me in buying resources, gear, ect.

4) As I said before, there is almost no reason anyone needs to play with anyone else. so that being the case, maybe add a marriage system where players can share housing or business development possibly? also maybe adding guild houses or player shops where they have more control over prices than the market place (the min/max caps are too narrow IMO and leads to again a pointless system when you build a game so heavily around life skills. maybe by adding some way were people can assist one another in playing the game, relationship, business partners, ect. then people can play together rather than just watching one another play their own game. 

5) develop a better battleground system, right now its completely unplayable unless you are at the near caps of each area. i went into a 200 cap red battleground area (alone as usual) with 150 dp and got 1-3 shot by every person over and over till i just left. I would suggest at least adding some objectives besides death-match so that lower level people can still contribute to the fight by possibly holding a point, gathering supplies to fuel a buff, ect. but again, its currently 2 team slashing away in a never ending cycle of death. no strategy at all. 

All-in-all my point is to come up with a way were people can interact more than they do, because from levels 1-53 I have not needed one persons help to do anything. and I have been unable to play with my higher level friends though most of the game. and now that we are both higher, there is nothing we can do together besides grind... so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add more social play before people get bored of sitting around grinding all day!!!!

Thank you and sorry for the winded letter :)

2 people like this

Posted

There isn't a ton of stuff but going whale hunting, or fugitive khalk hunting, or sea creature hunting on a guild boat in a group, especially in voice chat with Pirates of the Caribbean music playing in the channel is a lot of fun with the right people.  You could see if your guild wants to hunt sea creatures :)  I'm in a very social guild with a talkative discord and we do things like sea creatures most nights lately.  I recommend checking it out.

Posted

Yes but agian, what you described is grinding sea creatures.... and talking on a boat lol. im not saying its impossible to have fun, of course when you are with friends talking is fun. but are you telling me that the only thing to do is sail around and shoot things as a team? back to my point. there is an EXTREMELY lacking social play on this game.

Posted

This is a pvp / Korea game so inevitably a grinding game.

Posted

There is nothing wrong with grinding. i didnt say change anything about any other aspect of the game. all I said was there is very little to do with friends in this game. so my suggestion was to add things. thats all

Posted (edited)

things to do with friends/others in this game: 

race each other
do guild quests together
go kill gatekeepers
do awakened boss scrolls
duel one another
flag on someone
sailboat into margoria and shoot cannons at monsters
whale hunting
khalk hunting
take screenshots
build a fort
setup defenses
war

if you don't like any of that then don't say there isn't any social play in the game. you say lack of social well those are all involving player interactions and multiple to do it.

it's also an MMORPG, I haven't heard of an MMORPG in the past 15 years where there isn't grinding.

Edited by KyrandisX

Posted

.... and once again. i NEVER said ANYTHING about grinding being bad... EVER.... all i said and I repeat... there is little social play... half of you list is hunting. just to get to the point to do that you need to spend hours an hours to make the boat. buy the items you need and again its a solo activity. unless you are talking about larger things. just because a bunch of people are attacking something doesn't make it a social play. you pretty much listen 2 things. Grinding togeather and PVP as i said both in my first message. hunting, killing scolls, and guild quests are all grinding that can be done solo and there is almost no reason to do it in groups unless your gear is just not good enough. building forts setting up defences and flagging are all PVP. just becuase you list multiple things in one category doesn't make it a lot. and race and screenshot is nothing... i could walk up to my friend IRL and take a screenshot.. its called a picture lol.

So... ONCE AGAIN... as for actual GROUP related thing that require, involve, or otherwise relate to people interacting is almost nothing. hunting - solo (unless you are just shooting things as a team for whatever reason) pvp - solo (unless you are again slashing things as a team for an easier win)  Grinding - solo (unless you ar eundergeared or again are just slashing things with friends doing the same solo thing around you.) and to clarify ONCE AGAIN!!! i NEVER once said there should be no grinding. but grinding is NOT a social activity.... -_-