• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Olvia servers 200% exp for all or nobody.

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it really fair and encouraging that somebody who's quit the game a month prior to release should be able to level their DK to 59 200% faster than I? Simply because I have stayed with the game since launch? 

Getting to 59 isn't difficult, I know that. But it is still a time commitment that I could be spending getting to 60 or 61. Incentives for coming back, or buying BDO should be a thing, yes. But it shouldn't be punishing to those who's been here the entire time. Give them a free value pack, give them a few 1 hour loot increase scrolls, feed them some blackstones so they can enhance their gear without requiring to much funds. 

If you guys think that 59 is something people should get for free, this should apply to everyone, not just new players. Why should my new character have a harder time catching up than someone who left and returned? 

Alright rant over. 

4 people like this

Posted

Those servers aren't just for returning players but new players as well. Someone that doesn't stay in the game for a long time and returns get this bonus to compensate for their lack of time to play the game. Someone that can play the game on a daily from release should still be up with their generation of players. Its more like playing Catch up rather than getting benefit. While he may get that 59 DK you should have a well gear 59 other class as well as more alts.

Not everyone can enjoy the game on a daily basis because of their real world issues or schedule so this is their form of keeping up with other players.

Posted

But there is a big difference between playing the game on a daily basis and being away for 30 days at a time. I have a lot of friends who are casual players and still haven't reached 58 for example. Would be better if they just made it easier to level to 59 in general then, have everyone be able to 'catch' up.

Posted

Someone that doesn't stay in the game for a long time and returns get this bonus to compensate for their lack of time to play the game.

While he may get that 59 DK you should have a well gear 59 other class as well as more alts.

Posted

I agree with this ^^ you see, when I started playing it was in November, But I only created my character and didn't do anything else.

When I came back to the game in January I was no longer allowed to access the Olvia servers so.. everyone leveled much faster than me and also put pressure on me to level too! And kept telling me to go to Olvia channels when I couldn't! So I've never been able to access them since I started playing!

Posted

Lets not forget that this person that hasn't logged in for 30 days will have missed out on making plenty of silver and world bosses that you shouldn't have missed out on. This is their compensation. People complain that they get 20-30m as well but you can make 10x that in a 30 day time span if you play regularly. This is their compensation. 

Its not game breaking which is all that should matter.

Posted (edited)

Lets not forget that this person that hasn't logged in for 30 days will have missed out on making plenty of silver and world bosses that you shouldn't have missed out on. This is their compensation. People complain that they get 20-30m as well but you can make 10x that in a 30 day time span if you play regularly. This is their compensation. 

Its not game breaking which is all that should matter.

I know several people that quit the game 30 days before DK release, then returned the day it was released. all of them had over 220ap on their mains, and wasn't hard for them to make a tri weapon the day DK was released.
Also since they all had amazing gear they could just PK anyone on sight because most people were plebs. 

Olivia can be exploited by returning players and shouldn't be available to anyone but new players.

Edited by xcandykitten
1 person likes this

Posted

if you get a free voucher for anything and you wont cash it in time, its your problem.

You are like a baby .. always ready to cry.

I am kinda fresh player .. been to olvia and also joined guild .. left olvia to another channel to be with guild since lvl 8 (5 minutes playing) .. there is not much of difference between the bonus. Also .. so you can get exp faster .. then what? Killing more enemies gives more items .. and its not like it matters from 56 ..

from 1 to 50 within 2 hours .. from second character .. deleted few cuz I dont like them (learned later something about house fame) .. but it still doesnt matter. The game is totally different than any other games and level is not so much important here.

Posted

Olivia isn't recognized as an exploit. Just something to take advantage of. If everyone whined when someone had an "advantage" there'd be posts spouting bs everywhere.

They're given an advantage because they were gone for 30+ days. This is compensation so they can CATCHUP with other players. The whole point is to catchup, don't get mad because of that advantage in leveling because likely you've had an advantage over some other person as well.

New and returning players shouldn't get punished simply because you don't like it or think its unfair.

Posted

It's not a punishment having to play the game the way everyone else does though, is it?  The point is that there are plenty of people playing this game casually, some might not even be able to play more than 1-2 days a week. They need to catch up too. If you re-roll you need to catch up, regardless or gear or 'how' much silver you've got. 

The game is punishing enough, you can go from having duo accessories to no accessories at all, so in the end how long you played doesn't even need to really matter when it comes to wealth or progress outside of leveling. Everything is RNG.. I have a friend who played since launch -pretty much 5/7 days a week, who just now got his muskans. 

Either way I am not suggesting that we punish anyone, I am suggesting that we make it easier to get to 59 over all, so that everyone can catch up to that point, new alts, new players, returning players. 

Posted

Is it really fair and encouraging that somebody who's quit the game a month prior to release should be able to level their DK to 59 200% faster than I? Simply because I have stayed with the game since launch? 

Getting to 59 isn't difficult, I know that. But it is still a time commitment that I could be spending getting to 60 or 61. Incentives for coming back, or buying BDO should be a thing, yes. But it shouldn't be punishing to those who's been here the entire time. Give them a free value pack, give them a few 1 hour loot increase scrolls, feed them some blackstones so they can enhance their gear without requiring to much funds. 

If you guys think that 59 is something people should get for free, this should apply to everyone, not just new players. Why should my new character have a harder time catching up than someone who left and returned? 

Alright rant over. 

But these players who have left the game for month(s) will most likely not have as good as gear as you, you'll still most likely have better armor and the funds to buy a better weapon for your DK than someone who has just come back. I think it's a nice incentive that will bring players back to the game and I don't have a problem with it.

Posted

When I started I went straight to the "normal" channels, because it makes no sense to me to rush leveling in a new game when I'm tyring to learn how the game works.. but that is just me :D

The Olvia channels should be open for both new and returning players, but the returning status should take longer (90 days) to kick in. Why? I know many players who stop playing for a month and then come back to get the returning player rewards and the Olvia exp buff. After getting the rewards they stop playing again and return when they can get the rewards and exp buff again. It annoys me that my friends play on and off - not because they lost interest, but because by doing this they get free stuff and 24/7 exp buff... These rewards should be something that make people want to return or start playing - not something that encourages them to only play every other month.

Posted (edited)

I was wondering the same thing.

I suggest Olvia Servers to be open for every character until level 55-56. You can then be more open minded to what class you wanna play plus you can boost your family fame having more than one character. In that case, if I want to level up a newly released character or a new Alt, I can do it in a server with the same chances as the returning players. Of course the bonus XP in those servers are not an exploit but make the most players not staying into the game because they think "nice, I leveled my new Dark Knight to level 60. I will come back after a month or more, to level a new char as easy as I did with my Dark Knight". And thus, this System tends to make players to stay away for a month or more.

Total Verdict: Maybe trying to build a System for the returning Players, they actually build a System which also urge players to leave the game as well in order to access into Olvia Servers later on?

I can think of players to keep playing from 2 different accounts 2 or more characters only to level up faster than others. One account per month and job done.

Edited by Oldar

Posted

But these players who have left the game for month(s) will most likely not have as good as gear as you, you'll still most likely have better armor and the funds to buy a better weapon for your DK than someone who has just come back. I think it's a nice incentive that will bring players back to the game and I don't have a problem with it.

Exactly this.

I was gone since early summer of last year, and just recently came back and have been grinding on the Olvia channel. If you compare my gear, silver, and level to someone who's been consistently playing for the past several months, you'd see that people like me actually NEED this kind of thing to do any sort of catch up in levels.

With that said though, I'd like to see a bigger gap in time to have a player labeled as "returning". Between 3~5 months minimum of not logging in would be great. So that the 30-day quitters can't take advantage of bonuses that are meant for those who are MONTHS behind or are brand new. Olvia works, but it isn't perfect.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0