• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Most tanky class?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

When talking same level/equip what class is hardest to kill?

Ie - has most iFrames/superarmor/block while being able to still deal some dmg?

Posted

There is no tanky class. AP is absurdly OP.

And it should make sfu everyone who think berserker or valk is tanky:

Posted (edited)

DK seem pretty "op" for that tho.

1 active block ( so far, you can activate the block during most skill it will work )

2 skill with frontal block ( and pretty low CD )

1 skill with super armor

forward dodge ( with iframe ) every 2sec ( using mana )

Side dodge ( with iframe ) every 2sec giving back mana = totaly free, and if you alternate with the forward dodge, iframe are totaly free.. unlike any single others class.

as for the damage.... with only a +7weapon & +0 secondary weapon.. the DK already do way more damage than my tamer with a pri main hand & +7 second hand 9_9

Edited by woots
2 people like this

Posted

People still use that video as an excuse to go full glass cannon? 

if you focus on full DR and go over 400 DP you can tank 6 people that have an average of 180-200 AP...

That video is probably an evasion build .

1 person likes this

Posted

People still use that video as an excuse to go full glass cannon? 

if you focus on full DR and go over 400 DP you can tank 6 people that have an average of 180-200 AP...

That video is probably an evasion build .

Its mix...Earrings DR, belt Eva, Rings DR, OH Eva, Neck Eva+DR... Full DR would be blown up anyway... Full eva would probably survive with luckier RNG... Still if you want full Eva build you will lack a lot in other stats (green acc needed), so he would have less AP, HP and DR...

Posted

Out of the 8 classes I've played(no valk). My experience is that my Giant is the most tanky. It's the only class I've been able to face Karanda's feather rain with and live. But I think I would like Wizard more because of the insane amount of super armors and frontal blocks. This is my personal opinion, other's experiences may be different than my own.

Posted

DP wizard/witch is tanky, and useful.  And annoys other people.  So they are awesome.

Giants i guess are tankish. But smelly, and hard to find good clothes for.

Posted

This thread is a good chance to ask some more knowledgeable than me how DP vs AP actually works, is that simple that every DP negate one AP of dmg? how this works exactly?

Example, let's say that Player1 with 200 AP hit Player2 that has 300 DP with a skill that does 5x600% dmg how much dmg Player2 is going to eat if we assume that all hits hit/no evade & why? can someone explain in detail in order for everyone else to understand?

Posted (edited)

No its not point for point. It used to be 3/4.  So 150 ap to 200 dp. About.  (back when mediah was end game)

But since awakening skills scale so high, even that doesn't really work anymore. You need a significant amount of DP to offset 200AP. Like 360+, people normally say 400 even. So now it may be more like 1/2.

Also its tough since DP is a mix of  Evasion and  DR. So there is  RNG in the mix, as well as your 200dp not being the same as my 200 dp. The mix of  DR and EVA have an impact. Lots of people like to go  EVA and RNG it. I do a mix cause im lazy ^_^

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

This thread is a good chance to ask some more knowledgeable than me how DP vs AP actually works

I wonder if even the devs know it. But what is sure is that players don't... we can at best make biased speculations.

Posted (edited)

https://streamable.com/jamlt

Edited by Chors
2 people like this

Posted

Just for those wondering... First video is same gear as on the one before it, just lower grade of neck and belt... It also deals same low dmg...

And valks gear aint full DP but AP/ACC/HP... That one was surprising...

Posted

lol 260ap. good luck with that see you in 2 years.

Posted

Just for those wondering... First video is same gear as on the one before it, just lower grade of neck and belt... It also deals same low dmg...

They got 1khp buff for RBF in KR afaik. And valk is using tet rosar, tet centaur etc. Pessle uses TET centaur too + tadd. 

Regarding Goliath, i see him in RBF from time to time and hes still tanky as f even if geared players from EU servers jumps on him. That KR vid with 260ap ranger is somehow weird, it was discussed a lot last year in PvP section.

1 person likes this

Posted

lol 260ap. good luck with that see you in 2 years.

Good luck with 413 DP

Posted

André the giant.

Posted (edited)

Good luck with 413 DP

I sit at 310ish and do i quite good in node wars.

I imagine at 350 you can tank 80 % of players at this moment. so 413 is just dumb.
ofc there's always that ONE guy at 245+AP that wrekts eveything. but at 245ap you cant have much dp so you die equaly as fast.

Edited by Sizer

Posted

I currently sit at 370 dp as a zerker.  While I can tank the average RBF player, people above 240 ap still burst me down in 2-3 combos, usually due to me being cc'd.  Aiming for 400 dp or higher, simply because so few people do pure DP.  I personally love the reactions when people don't melt me like they are used to.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, that thread must be bugged. I only saw like two posts complain about wizards

Posted

can you please dont being so ignorant?

already been debunked of that video is outdated.

Posted (edited)

can you please dont being so ignorant?

already been debunked of that video is outdated.

WTF you talk about? Nothing has changed. This gear is not even accessible yet in the EU/NA and you talk bullshit it is outdated. Nothing is outdated, it never has been fixed.

Edited by Hekki

Posted (edited)

how does that valk have 4655 hp without dp accessories? health training, 300 from boss armor, 100 from guild, 150 from elixir, maybe 500-600 from gems, 150-200 from alchemy stone, 200 from passive, that's only mid 3000s. how did he stack another 1000 something hp?

Edited by emory

Posted (edited)

WTF you talk about? Nothing has changed. This gear is not even accessible yet in the EU/NA and you talk bullshit it is outdated. Nothing is outdated, it never has been fixed.

you are the stupid,est person I have ever...

did u even bother clicking the thread I linked or you just too, sigh, w/e.

everytime I see people use that zerker video my IQ literally just drops

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

My goal is to sit around 4-4.5k HP AND LIKE 300-350 DP with around 200-220 AP...  as a Warrior that mostly PvE's I can basically tank anything.  All of that is achievable...  just need to inch my gear up a bit and I'm there.

I feel like Warriors are very tanky.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0