• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Connection Issues

261 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Put in a ticket, got a laundry list of things to check, guess what no problems on my end.

When using BDO's suggestion  WinMTR

All I get is packet loss but only to the BDO IP's, absolutely none to any of the others.

About time BDO started doing something about their servers being problems, instead of blaming the player base.

Edited by Shaynna

Posted

Having the same problem here i connect and get disconnected in less than 5 minutes

I'm from Puerto Rico, and my friend can play in her house but i can't here

Posted (edited)

I'M just registered this FORM because IM DONE WITH connection with server issue I'm supporting this game with buying pearls and YOU GUYS not even try to satisfy us! I COULDN'T ABL E TO PLAY The DAMN GAME! IM so frustrated its keep saying connection lost from the server every freaking 10 MIN sometimes it's okay i can play for hours and MOST OF THE TIME It's MAKING THE SAME PROBLEM FIX IS BULLSHIT PLZ IM SO DONE! ITS BEEN LIKE THIS FOREVER SINCE I BOUGHT AND STARING PLAYING THE GAME! FIX THIS ISSUE PLZ YOU GUYS HAVE ENOUGH $$$ to getting it fixed I wont buy and more pearls until this crap is fixed for good.  ¬¬

Edited by BySpiDeR
6 people like this

Posted

Same problem, tryed everything and... nothing :(

Posted (edited)

Hello

I'm new here. and been trying out this game "NOT" i get disconnected black screen etc etc as everyone in here.

I have never had a problem like this, all run perfect super fast whit other games (eq swtor, wow lotr. FFXIV, ark, naval action, star citisen,  and the last game really puts your computer to a test.

my connection is 500/60 Mbit

intel Core i5/i7

Asus z270

8-32gb ddr4 2666mhz Kingston fury

nvidia gtx 1080/1080TI

1 gbit lan

rooter from provider ! Netgear Model C6250EMR (lan)

rooter local d-link dir 890L Tri band

F-secure from web provider

I have now installed the game on 4 different computer 3 laptops ( Acer Aspire E 15 (F-secure from web provider, says it got tronja on it 1 out off 20 log in)  ( acer aspire 7738g windows defender ) ( Hp Pavilion G7 Norton antivirus.) All windows 10. To see and whit same result. random log in random craz.

it take me almost 1 hour whit several attemps to log in.

My experince whit this game after 3 days !

Worst log in EVER takes FOREVER to log in, to select a toon.

then the hour long disconnect ! and in game disconnect..

Non of your solutions as hot fix works. it must be in your end !

best regard

a new frustrating gamer

Edited by rdue
2 people like this

Posted

Now it's 2 days it's logging my character but I cannot interact with anything and then disconnecting after some minutes with my evergreen lovely notice "connection with the server has been lost"

At some point I also saw my horse dying (no mobs in that area and I am under lvl 50) so....I am honestly speechless.

Posted

Now it's 2 days it's logging my character but I cannot interact with anything and then disconnecting after some minutes with my evergreen lovely notice "connection with the server has been lost"

At some point I also saw my horse dying (no mobs in that area and I am under lvl 50) so....I am honestly speechless.

It seems like it's getting worse every day, can't seem to stay online for more than 15 minutes. I have been in the game for over a year and this is the first time I am seriously thinking about taking a break from it as the game won't let me play it. Grinding is out as I die too frequently from lags and desyncs. Fishing is out as I can't stay connected long enough, and so on...

Please give this issue priority over other things.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good evening.

As of today, we have applied a few fixes to the NA servers aiming to resolve the issues some of our players are experiencing. NA players, are you now able to maintain a stable connection to the server?

Posted

No. In fact, after today's patch I can't even get past the connect screen.  Have now tried repair twice with no luck.

Posted

Since this last patch I now have been having issues staying connected, dsync'd twice, game froze wouldnt reload then lost connection to server, unable to get back in x2 so far keep loosing connection trying to load in. Everything else is working fine, internet wise and other games having no issues.

ok just tried again, was barred from channels for 23 sec waited till timer ran out, selected home server, says unable to change channels, then dropped my connection and went to desktop. Ugggg whats going on

Posted

Doesn't that just make you feel like such a valued customer when you cannot connect for weeks.

What does the company do?

DK AWAKENING!

That's great, mind making the servers playable for the rest of us that bought your game?

1 person likes this

Posted

Day 3 of log and no interaction during the evening, just run where you want and pet the mobs which ignore your presence for few minutes then Connection with the server has been lost. EU server.

This morning, before work, I logged, no issues. Around 6.30 pm I logged, catched a pair of horses, no issues. Disconnected at the node war and started the issue.

This happens (to me) from the node war time (evening) and go on until 00.00/01.00 am CET and during the whole weekend.

Posted

Servers are still unstable, the "fixes" didn't do anything, it might have made it even worse tbh.
Just dc'ed after "lag" out (despite no stutters or lag on discord/streams) and came back dead on wizard alt.

Posted (edited)

Good evening.

As of today, we have applied a few fixes to the NA servers aiming to resolve the issues some of our players are experiencing. NA players, are you now able to maintain a stable connection to the server?

For me the connection does seem to be more stable. My screen froze once during fishing but other than that the lags and DC's have been  a lot less since maintenance. So whatever you did, thanks!

EDIT: The lags seem to have cleared up for a large part but I'm still unable to fish as I am getting black screen and screen freezes all the time when fishing. This doesn't happen when I'm not fishing. I have spent a lot of time figuring out how to stay connected but nothing seems to help.

Edited by Ashni

Posted

Again you disconnect meh "Throws laptop out the window" >.>

1 person likes this

Posted

The connection issue that are affecting the majority of the population is how you have configured the following channels:

B1, S3, S5, C1, C3, C5, M3, M5, VA3, VA5

33% of your servers are currently unplayable. They rubberband, reload, and disconnect you constantly. Find what these servers have in common and you'll have identified the problem.

@GM_Horizon

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well I can log on the servers now! Still occasional lag but at least I can play

Edited by Pikeasey

Posted

The connection issue that are affecting the majority of the population is how you have configured the following channels:

B1, S3, S5, C1, C3, C5, M3, M5, VA3, VA5

33% of your servers are currently unplayable. They rubberband, reload, and disconnect you constantly. Find what these servers have in common and you'll have identified the problem.

@GM_Horizon

i can easily say that in my experience the issue is with those exact channels the guy I quoted listed but I thought you guys had already informed us we may experience an issue with those channels due to them being reverse proxied? 

I'm not familiar with how internet infrastructure works but I'm fairly certain trying to research what the problem is would be redundant considering you all have already told us what the possible issues are with those channels so I hope that helps your teams find a resolution faster.

I can possibly try a vpn and a different dns server address just to see if that works as a bandaid for now and have others try it as well.

Posted

I don't know but I tried also the other channels not listed here and I have the same issue, no matter what I do, once the node war starts I just see my character for 1 second and "connection with the server has been lost", same for the whole weekend.  EU Server

For example tonight I left in autoloop my horse and never dcd, right now is the same: my trainer is in autoloop with the horse and no issue, but everyday around 8.00 pm it spits me out and cannot log in anymore until midnight, same for the whole saturday and sunday. Before kicking me out I start to have weird messages of error like if I try to ride my horse it says "action doesn't exist"...or something like that and the character just run against the horse forever or if I am gathering something it says that the resource is no more available.

Posted

Since about 9 US Central, it has been impossible to connect to any server. Basically same problems as what everyone is describing. Losing connection immediately upon logging in. Losing connection after a very short time. It doesn't seem to matter which server or whether they are "crowded" or not. Flushing DNS did not resolve the issue.

What makes this experience 1000x worse is that the client completely shuts down after every lost connection and it takes several minutes to relaunch. Why does it do that? Please please change this behavior as it's so unnecessary and magnifies player frustration.

One thing I've noticed is that BDO launches a watchdog program called XINGCODE on the client. From what I can piece together, this is some sort of anti-hack/exploit detection software. I wonder if this is what's at the root of the connectivity issues as well as the client getting shut down.

Posted

Connection issues have been so bad this past week that I can hardly do anything aside from processing in town and gathering, and even during gathering I'll sometimes hit lag. Grinding is strictly out of the question for almost two weeks running now, and PvP is a toss up if I ever get into any. Love the game, and unless things get worse or don't improve after a long period of time, I'll keep playing, but please do hurry towards a fix.

I've tried the suggestion in the OP but it doesn't seem to help. I'm not having connection issues on other games.

Posted (edited)

First and foremost....it is NOT on our end my fellow players.   I too put in a ticket and got a laundry list of things to try.   Not only did I do EVERYTHING by the book as listed not ONCE....but EVERY TIME  I was given additional things to try NOTHING worked.  It is NOT my pc...it is NOT my connection or DNS or IP or Internet Provider...IT IS BDO....PERIOD!!!  I love the very first post by BDO into this topic and how very easily they turned the fault on ALL of us.  A few people I can see....but this many people and for THIS LONG.  

Edited by Catize
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I haven't checked this thread in a while, and thought I would to see if there were any updates. Seems not.

I simply cannot believe that this is is still not being attended to. How can this still be an issue after months of reports and complaints. This is seriously a complete joke.

Recent apparent "fixes" have done absolutely nothing. I have multiple accounts on multiple PCs all getting DC'd, reloaded and sever lag. I have guild mates and friends all over the country and world getting the same issues, usually exactly at the same time.

This is not on the individual players end, that just cannot be possible when everyone is on different hardware, different routers, different ISP in different geographical locations.

How many times does this need to be stated?

I have at least 6-7 other MMO's installed on my system right now and multiple other online orientated games. I can log into any one of them at anytime of the day and NOT experience any of the issues I have been with BDO. It is not on my end.

Getting 15-30 secs lag spikes, reloads, unable to stay connected half the time, connection errors on logging in. Serious serious issues.

I am starting to suspect that you either simply cannot fix it or simply do not want to fix it.

I could send you an ever increasing list of people who are either A: No longer willing to even bother with your game, or B: will keep logging in for rewards etc, but are no longer willing to spend any time or any money on an increasingly poor service.

I've been such a massive fan of this game, I am 100% in love with my characters, I have spent more money than I should and would be willing to spend more, but it is getting so frustrating and troublesome to do anything without having to be constantly fighting the servers. I am not the only one feeling this way, and how are you expect to impress new players with such poor performance?

This has gone on for too long folks. Too long by far.

Edited by The Monk
5 people like this

Posted

Submitting tickets feels like a waste of time. However, if they are not going to provide a working product that we already paid for. Might as well.

Anyone else submitting a ticket, I suggest doing all this when you file. That way they pretty much have to give you an answer. Instead of copy paste tech support that doesn't actually do anything.

BDO's suggested answers to fix/or diagnose said problem.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

I am GM Thank you for contacting the Black Desert Online Customer Support and your interest in the game.

Looks like we're going to need to take a look at your log files. We'll also need some additional data about your PC and internet connection.

Please download and run the following program:
https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/205838589/WinMTR.exe

Put in the correct IP based off server (So use the NA if you are playing on the North American server, EU when in Europe):

NA - 209.58.130.81

EU - 94.75.194.70

Please uncheck the "resolve names" setting under the "Options" (button).

Click Start with the IP in the box and let it run for the whole gaming session (so start it with the game and let it run). Stop it afterwards and save file to text file and upload the results to this ticket.

Then go to this URL: http://t1.re
We need the ID. It is the first line and highlighted RED. Include that ID in this ticket.

Also please tell us your Channel/Server:

Channel:
Server:
Approx Time:

For your log files: Please navigate to your installation folder and locate the folder called "Log" (it's used to be in your c:\Program Files(x86)\Black Desert Online), zip up that folder and send it in. (You may use the built-in feature of the windows: right click on the folder, send to, Compressed (zipped) folder.)

Finally, if you could also please send us your DxDiag, it will help us assist you further.

Windows 10 / Windows 8.1:
Open DirectX Diagnostic Tool
- Right click on the Start button
- Click on the Run
- Type dxdiag in the box, and then press ENTER.
- When it's finish the run, Click Save All Information.
- Save it someplace you can find it.
- Upload that file to this ticket.

Windows 7
Open DirectX Diagnostic Tool
- Click on the Start button
- Type dxdiag in the search box, and then press ENTER.
- When it's finish the run, Click Save All Information.
- Save it someplace you can find it.
- Upload that file to this ticket.

Thank you for your cooperation while we look into this issue further,
END OF FIRST HALF- *I did all this, nothing was wrong on my end except the packet loss to their EU and NA servers on WINMTR
BEGIN THE 2nd HALF

Please try to run a Windows System Scan

Open up your command prompt as an Administrator. To do this please type cmd into the window search bar right click on it and select 'Run s Administrator'. When the command prompt is running type the following into it and press enter

sfc /scannow

This will check the windows system files to ensure none of them are corrupted and if they are it will repair

Have the latest version of DirectX

Unfortunately, the smaller web-installer version of DirectX cannot repair a broken installation, where the bigger actual DirectX distribution can. Please download the full DirectX redistributable package and run a repair from that, then try again.

Other than this, suggested to:

- Update all the drivers (especially the VGA and Motherboard) to make sure that's not an issue

- Check the memory of the PC with a memory tester program, application (Windows 7-10 have it by default).

- Check your PC's temperatures - especially the CPU and GPU temperatures

- If you have your computer overclocked restore the default values

- Have / use an up-to-date anti-virus program as well to make sure you have no "unwanted" programs in your system.

- Make sure you have enough space on your HDD for the temporary files (50gb for the game files, another 8-16gb for the temp files and swap file).

- Check for windows updates (Service Pack 1 for an example if you have Windows 7)

- If you have any "overlaying" program installed, like Geforce experience, MSI afterburner, Steam, Skype etc... could you try to disable them

- Disable any GUI/Taskbar / start menu skins / modifications

- Suggested to try to make a new user account on your PC/Windows and try to run the game on that. (Do not enable any programs other than the drivers.)

- Suggested to uninstall / disable the Skype preview app for windows 10 if installed. (not the regular skype but the special app)

Make sure Automatically Manage Paging file is on.

Windows 10:
- Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
- Type performance into the search field > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
- In the new window, go to the Advanced tab and under the Virtual memory section, click on Change.
- Check the Automatically Manage Paging File Size For All Drives check box.

Windows 8:
- Right click on computer option and click properties.
- Open the Advance System settings Options dialog box.
- On Advance option tab, click on performance setting option.
- In Performance Option, Click Advance
- On the Advanced tab, Click Change to display the Virtual Memory dialog box
- In virtual Memory option
- Drive [Volume Label] and Paging File Size (MB) Shows how virtual memory is currently configured on the system.
- Total Paging File Size For All Drives Provides a recommended size for virtual RAM on the system and tells you the amount - currently allocated.
- Check the Automatically Manage Paging File Size For All Drives check box.

Windows 7:
- Choose Start > Control Panel.
- Click System and Security (Windows 7), or System and Maintenance (Windows Vista), and then click System.
- In the Computer Name, Domain, and Workgroup Setting section, click Change Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings in the Performance area.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Change in the Virtual Memory area.
- Select the Automatically Manage Paging File Size for All Drives option.

Install ( or update ) C++ with these redistributes (install both)

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package [64-bit] https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2092

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package [64-bit] https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

- Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

- Multibyte MFC Library for Visual Studio 2013 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40770

- And/or you may check for the other packages (new version / 32 packages) as well. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

Depending on the configuration of your computer permissions, it may be necessary to run the Black Desert as an administrator. In order to do so, right click on the launcher icon and click “Run as Administrator”.

Sometimes other programs can cause issues, either because they are exceeding what the RAM is capable of or a number of other reasons. In order to see what programs are running and ham much RAM they are using, right click on your program bar, click “Start Task Manager”, click on the “Processes” tab, and sort by “Memory”, if you notice a program is using a lot of memory safely close the program and see if this solves your problem.

You may try to run the game in Compatibility mode: Windows XP Sp3
- Right click on the launcher
- Properties
- Compatibility mode
- Windows XP SP3.

In the mean time can you please try a clean boot, this error can be caused by other programs blocking the game executables or Xigncode from running. Here is an excellent guide on how to do this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My End Result----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GM 
Hey there,

After extensive investigation on our NA servers the last few days, we have found a leading hint towards the root of the issue and we will be applying a number of fixes in the upcoming days, following the prior tweaks we have performed in order to resolve the issue. While I do understand it is a very frustrating issue that has been ongoing for a while, please give us some days to implement the new fixes as we unfortunately cannot apply them instantaneously. If the network and/or connection issues keep on happening after mid next week, I advise you to create a follow-up to this ticket so we can further look into the issue.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused, please bear with us while we are working on resolving it.

Best Regards,
GM
Black Desert Online Customer Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*GM's omitted because it is a company problem.

I did all that and nothing was my computer's fault, ISP, or line.
It's still happening.

So what do I get to do.....Submit another ticket.....

It is not frustrating, it is completely UNACCEPTABLE. This problem has been happening since merger and BDO has done nothing about it. Nothing has changed as of today. Exactly how long are we supposed to support a product we bought but yet cannot actually use?

1 person likes this

Posted

starting to disconnect a lot since Friday mainly doing afk activities. Will keep observing to see if it's just a coincidence..