• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Flickering effect

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Needs on/off option. My eyes hurt after some time

Posted

I don't even see it. What am I supposed to see??

You may be legally blind, you should see an eye doctor.

If you can see him that is.

2 people like this

Posted

Yup, stop this

Posted

There's a setting in the game that turns the flickering off. I was lvleing with a witch the other day and the flickering was DRIVING ME MAD, so I messed around with the settings and there is in fact a way to turn it completely off.

I forget which setting it is, but it might also disable screen shaking (a massive annoyance that I am so glad can be turned off)

Posted

There is a setting which completely turns off the "Critical", "Back attack", "Down attack" etc. notifications, just turn them off,

Posted

There is a setting which completely turns off the "Critical", "Back attack", "Down attack" etc. notifications, just turn them off,

annoying people like you.. that does not remove the screen flicker... but there alwways has to be one person in each of these threads..saying this lol

2 people like this

Posted

Emphasis mine. Yes, you can turn off the notifications (ie, the text).

You cannot turn off the black flickering at the edge of the screen.

It's not bad youtube quality being the cause of that in the original post, it's the actual goddamned game.

1 person likes this

Posted

There has to me some fix already in game as I've never noticed this. I've it on max setting with most of the combat effects set to 0.

Posted

I noticed this for the first time tonight, it was also the first time I've grouped up in a very long while so I wonder if that had something to do with it. I get sick because of it and had to stop for a bit.

Posted

I've recommended this game to friends who quit before spending a single hour due to this.

Posted

It's absolutely sad that I saw these threads a year ago and I still see them

Why the heck has this not been fixed yet? I recall someone informing Jouska in a thread and he said he'd look into it, and nothing came out of it I guess. How the heck is this allowed to persist?

Posted

Signed.

This effect is abysmal, not sure how something like this past their art director, surely one would think constantly pulsing the peripheral vision of players would be distracting.

Posted

There has to me some fix already in game as I've never noticed this. I've it on max setting with most of the combat effects set to 0.

If you mostly solo it's ignorable on some classes, but the second you get into a group with someone like a ranger - it's instantly noticeable.

Posted

My wife actually stopped playing the game months ago for this reason alone. Long before that she had to stop playing with me completely (she is Valkyrie, I am Ranger) as the issue is a lot worse since it flashes her screen every time either one of us gets a critical hit. No amount of tweaking game settings will get rid of this effect... So she stopped playing and stopped buying pearls.

Posted

There's literally no reason to have the black flickering. It makes parties much more annoying due to this too. 

U can completely turn off the effect from parties. This got added some patches ago. Kappa

My wife actually stopped playing the game months ago for this reason alone. Long before that she had to stop playing with me completely (she is Valkyrie, I am Ranger) as the issue is a lot worse since it flashes her screen every time either one of us gets a critical hit. No amount of tweaking game settings will get rid of this effect... So she stopped playing and stopped buying pearls.

I stopped grinding too for 2 months until the party one got fixed. You can turn it off in the options. It's a bit tricky. I would look it up if I wasn't in vacation. 

Posted

U can completely turn off the effect from parties. This got added some patches ago. Kappa

I stopped grinding too for 2 months until the party one got fixed. You can turn it off in the options. It's a bit tricky. I would look it up if I wasn't in vacation. 

Did the meaning of Kappa change overnight?

Either way, no, you can't turn it off.

Posted (edited)

Did the meaning of Kappa change overnight?

Either way, no, you can't turn it off.

Used kappa wrong, thought it means something else. Sorry its my third language.

If you can't find the option it's your problem. I play without this effect since the patch and my eyes stopped bleeding while in party

Edited by RedBulliChain

Posted

Let's get ignored by the devs again RIP

Posted

I know what they'll do about it and how they'll "fix" it:

Add more blur and god rays. Can we do bets on that? :D

Posted

I do not have this effect? Is it only on very high? Or have I turned it off somehow? Cause remember Sorc was a pain to group with due to this.

Posted

My eyes hurt so much due to flickering. I am joining community - This has to stop. Fix it please.

Posted (edited)

That's why I stopped playing. Developers do not care, they're too busy creating new costumes. And because they have bad servers.

Edited by Luka_

Posted

rito pls

Posted

They need to put an on/off option.

People who are seriously grinding dont want flashy effects.. we just want to get kills and combos, not the whole screen flashing.

Try find a way to fix this.

And anyone saying "i fixed it".. either say what you did or dont bother commenting.

Posted

You may be legally blind, you should see an eye doctor.

If you can see him that is.

Salty much?

You may be certifiably mentally challenged if you think that I'd be legally blind. I mean obviously I could have been using a text-to-speech software to read out your negative comment but playing the game would be certainly a challenge that way.

Maybe you should think before you emit all that bullshit :)