• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Flickering effect

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Salty much?
You may be certifiably mentally challenged if you think that I'd be legally blind. I mean obviously I could have been using a text-to-speech software to read out your negative comment but playing the game would be certainly a challenge that way.

Maybe you should think before you emit all that bullshit :) 

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house, all I'm gonna say on this comment lol.

Salt has nothing to do with this by the way, you may have to actually look up how to use the word. Or have it read to you, what do I care.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house, all I'm gonna say on this comment lol.

Salt has nothing to do with this by the way, you may have to actually look up how to use the word. Or have it read to you, what do I care.

You certainly do care, otherwise you'd not have bothered to attack me in the first place :D

Posted

You certainly do care, otherwise you'd not have bothered to attack me in the first place :D

Welcome to the internet, you're going to get trod on, get used to it.

I DO care about you not being able to see it cause it raises serious questions as to whether or not you can actually see, hence, my first post.

What I don't  care about, as my post said, is whether or not you read what "salt" refers to or have it read to you. That's entirely up to you, and none of my business.

Posted

I'm just gonna do this again. Get on Pearl Abyss about fixing this simply idiotic shitty system. Frankly just want whoever is in charge of this to do their darn job (who knows who is, so everyone is getting pinged). This has been negative feedback continually brought up from since the game was in beta for North American server, fix it.

There is no reason for bugs that physicals prevent people from playing your game to exist for over a year. 

@CM_Yukimura

@GM_Gemu

@GM_Rhotaaz

@GM_Dew

@GM_Salome

@GM_Caramel

@GM_Vheena

@GM Creat0r

@GM Felaxus

@GM Kaiji

@GM Moose

@GM_Axion

@GM_BBrilliant

@CM_Aethon

@CM_Praballo

@CM_Serenity

@PM_Belsazar

@PM_Jouska

@CM_Yukimura

Posted

Welcome to the internet, you're going to get trod on, get used to it.

I DO care about you not being able to see it cause it raises serious questions as to whether or not you can actually see, hence, my first post.

What I don't  care about, as my post said, is whether or not you read what "salt" refers to or have it read to you. That's entirely up to you, and none of my business.

I do see the slight black flickering, but I consider it borderline annoying if at all. I just don't mind, I can focus it out. So I assumed there could be maybe something else that everyone is raging about :D

I find it very doubtful that you were concerned about my well-being at all, given how aggressive your tone of voice was.

Saying that "i should get used to being trolled" isn't really justifying you behaving in a ----- way :)

Posted

Never noticed this much less had an issue with this until you retards who get triggered by everything noticed it for me. 

Now I can't unsee gg

3 people like this

Posted

I can assure you guys we're not blind to the previous mega thread regarding this, and we've shared your concerns with the developers regarding the screen flicker. At this moment I do not have any additional information to report, as soon as I do you will know. I'd probably come swinging in like Miley Cyrus on a wrecking ball, shouting at the top of my lungs.

Yea... try getting that image out of your head now.

3 people like this

Posted

I quite remember having this problem, and now I never do.

I have no idea what I did lol, but I no longer see it. Was super annoying.

Posted

I can assure you guys we're not blind to the previous mega thread regarding this, and we've shared your concerns with the developers regarding the screen flicker. At this moment I do not have any additional information to report, as soon as I do you will know. I'd probably come swinging in like Miley Cyrus on a wrecking ball, shouting at the top of my lungs.

Yea... try getting that image out of your head now.

I'm trying to figure out what your job actually is since we had a user on our discord mail Pearl Abyss and get the reply back that "they might implement a toggle for this when we update the graphics", i.e. the SweetFX nonsense they're adding.

Is this really how this communication with the devs has to go down? O_o

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Werid i dont have that.... Well i might have it a little & not notice but nothing that major.

I have most of the sliders turned to 0 except the top 2? & the view draw distance one, hit effects off & turned off the CRIT/BACK ATTACK things in the other part.

UPDATE: yeah its there, not as bad as the video, more white flashes than black flickers for me tho i think thats due to SLI issue.

Edited by prymortal

Posted

We'll all know hell has frozen over when Jeynar contributes something that isn't totally negative, or a complaint of some sort. :D I consider him the forum mascot. 

Seriously, there's so many threads on this, and we still don't have a fix. Why? In the last thread I linked it was acknowledged by the CM's who claimed to have forwarded it to Pearl Abyss. Can we have a timescale on a fix already?

Honestly, I'm betting your guess is as good as theirs when it comes to PA's responsiveness to change requests. 

Posted

We'll all know hell has frozen over when Jeynar contributes something that isn't totally negative, or a complaint of some sort. :D I consider him the forum mascot. 

Be fair, I've handed out credit where it's due.

That should give you an idea of how often it's due though ;)

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to figure out what your job actually is since we had a user on our discord mail Pearl Abyss and get the reply back that "they might implement a toggle for this when we update the graphics", i.e. the SweetFX nonsense they're adding.

Is this really how this communication with the devs has to go down? O_o

ahahah, savage !

Guess its perfect to rekt every single of their "we have to wait for official answer" / we now, know they report jack sh#t to the devs ?

Kakao is such a mess 9_9

Edited by woots

Posted

I quite remember having this problem, and now I never do.

I have no idea what I did lol, but I no longer see it. Was super annoying.

Maybe you stopped partying with people? :D

Posted

Maybe you stopped partying with people? :D

Haha yea no, i party with my guild members all the time.

Posted

I know the effect the OP is referring to, this change request was already on the list, but I will add the additional feedback now.

We're almost at the one year anniversary of Jouska adding feedback! Does it really take this long for Pearl Abyss to respond to you guys?

Posted (edited)

well, be happy. a couple of patches ago, it was white...maybe disabeling the postFilter in the game config file would help? didnt tested it out.

Edited by Alextrazsa

Posted

I thought my screen or video card was failing because of this.

Posted (edited)

Seriously, there's so many threads on this, and we still don't have a fix. Why? In the last thread I linked it was acknowledged by the CM's who claimed to have forwarded it to Pearl Abyss. Can we have a timescale on a fix already?

There's the black effect and the lightning hit effect on bosses which will suck your eyes dry.

Example below on Kzarka : 

Edited by Syan

Posted

We're almost at the one year anniversary of Jouska adding feedback! Does it really take this long for Pearl Abyss to respond to you guys?

@PM_Jouska

Posted

I THINK I FOUND THE SOLUTION! 

I was messing around with my settings and came across a peculiar setting that I think is what cured me of this "disease." Please try it out guys and let me know if it helps you out.

@CM_Aethon

Screenshot (883)_LI.jpg

Posted

I THINK I FOUND THE SOLUTION! 

I was messing around with my settings and came across a peculiar setting that I think is what cured me of this "disease." Please try it out guys and let me know if it helps you out.

@CM_Aethon

Screenshot (883)_LI.jpg

"Hit Type" = "Critical", "Down Attack", "Back Attack" so on and so forth.

It literally just removes the text of party members' attacks. Just like has been said a million billion times in this thread already.

Could you please try shit out yourself before praising it as fixed?

Hell, Pearl Abyss themselves have come out and said it won't get a toggle till the god flare shit is added to the game (if you bypass the wall that is Kakao apparently you can get qualified answers to technical issues).

Posted

"Hit Type" = "Critical", "Down Attack", "Back Attack" so on and so forth.

It literally just removes the text of party members' attacks. Just like has been said a million billion times in this thread already.

Could you please try shit out yourself before praising it as fixed?

Hell, Pearl Abyss themselves have come out and said it won't get a toggle till the god flare shit is added to the game (if you bypass the wall that is Kakao apparently you can get qualified answers to technical issues).

I said I think it worked and it says it gets rid of the effects, so thats why I was thinking it might work, the reason WHY i posted that was because I DO NOT EXPERIENCE THE EFFECT, so i was assuming it was thanks to that, seeing that its the only thing not checked. SO sorry for assuming that I May have found a fix. 

Posted

during parties with some classes, I see it MUCH more than others, It don't seem to be tied to crits, special attacks, etc.

I also had some dufus who claimed he was a GM in our guild(he left fortunately) who said it was 'due to hitbox detection' or some bullshit. (No offense)

Truth is, and has been stated so often before, Why are some of these things even IN the game. I mean, judging from the concept of 'all the spam on by default' i assume koreans absolutely love this flashing, seizure inducing crap, but It only gives me a nightmare of a headache seconds after It starts happening.

Please ffs, Just fix it. Stop telling us your 'looking into it' and just damn well fix it.

Posted

Since the other thread got deleted......

I noticed this the first time when I did a tamer character and summoned heilang.. those off screen attacks (maybe on screen too) made my screen flash for real. Havent summoned heilang since lol