• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Once again, RNG is too punishing

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Yep. Totally agree. Not much else to say.

12 people like this

Posted

Grind, and/or life skill for silver. Save your money, or if you must, spend it intelligently and save what you can. Then buy and pre-order your gear, it takes patience, but BDO is about the long con. Even if it takes weeks or months. That is one solution if you feel like the RNG is punishing and that the game needs to be made easier.

The RNG isn't too punishing from my perspective, and I'm not all that geared, it just punishes people who are impatient, and those who haven't thought through their gear progression path very well. There are times where you just get crushed by RNG and it does feel unfair, whereas some people one tap TETs, and there are times when you get 3-4 good enchant successes in a row. People tend to remember negatives much more strongly than positives though. 

This game focuses a lot on your character's progression. Making that easier at the top end makes the top end less special. Less meaningful. No reason to take that away from people who've worked long and/or hard to get where they are.

Bad luck comes and goes, you'll get your day. 

7 people like this

Posted

I stop when I have TRI weapon for both my zarka and dande, and start to work on my accessory.

With all Tri AP accessory I can boost my ap to 230, and I think that should be enough to fight 95% of the people in this game. 

7 people like this

Posted

Would love to see some sort of system to regain enhance levels that have been lost due to failures.  

Something like: Fail DUO to TRI..falls back to PRI, but gets an "XP bar" that can be filled by killing things while equipping the item.  When it fills to 100%, it can be enhanced back to DUO with 100% chance of success (you still need to use a hard/sharp).

This would keep the Korean grinder mentality the devs seem to love, slow down rage enhancing, and also give the player hope of another try without the dread feeling that you are going to waste hundreds of milions of silver on a bad streak of luck just getting back to DUO.

1 person likes this

Posted

Im gonna leave this here. 

2017-03-11_207415010.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

only 8 tet fails, talk to the people who have done dozens yes plural on that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Im gonna leave this here. 

2017-03-11_207415010.jpg

oh yea.... you're a really cool dude...

6 people like this

Posted

I did about 28 tet attempt in total and I've failed every one of them.

So I can feel your frustration of not progressing in the game due to RNG, while other can achieve a higher goal.

Posted (edited)

Would have to agree with the RnG statement. I quit the game for a month because of trying TET and consistently failing to get back to TRI would wipe all my mats out.

There needs to be some sort of reward for the time that we put into the game or else, like OP said, you just end up going to play another game because this game isn't fun anymore.

However I won't agree to the OP suggestion of how to fix the enchant system. Adding a % based increase towards your highest achieved enchant level would mean that once you reached TET it would be stupid easy to get PEN and then everyone would have PEN. 

The proposed exp bar in one of the comments isn't a bad idea though. Fail back to PRI and then kill monsters to fill the exp bar up and then have a guaranteed DUO enchant success would be interesting.

Edited by Chokeville
1 person likes this

Posted

well the thing is, you dont have luck but some people get tri ogre with 0fs. Think about them and be happy

Posted

oh yea.... you're a really cool dude...

I already know... But thanks!

Posted (edited)

Thoses RNG citicize thread are going on since release, but... nothing ever change 9_9

but +1 RNG in that game is just cancer

Edited by woots
2 people like this

Posted

The RNG isn't too punishing from my perspective, and I'm not all that geared

How can you criticise RNG when you just said your not that geared 😑 I'm confused by that statememt

2 people like this

Posted

How can you criticise RNG when you just said your not that geared 😑 I'm confused by that statememt

I'm not that geared, but when I say that, I'm comparing myself to people in my guild who're TET boss gear, weapons, with DUO/TRI yellow accessories. I just don't have the time for BDO I used to. 

However, I have failed TRI's from 28 to nearly 75 stacks before, I've failed +15 from 20 up until 45, I've failed two entire TRI accessory roulettes in recent memory, went and did three TET roulettes without getting any gains. But I've also one tapped two TETs, and gotten 4 TRI accessories in a day, gotten a Dandelion from bid, gotten 4 earrings in 30 minutes at pirates. 

Just because I'm not exceptionally geared, doesn't mean I haven't enchanted my fair share of gear. 58 failstack PEN attempt was fun. You also need to remember, like I mentioned, people tend to remember the negatives more strongly than the positives, and RNG is pervasive through all aspects of this game. Just because your enchanting is going sub-par, doesn't mean that the entire game is screwing you over, even if the enchant is all you presently care about.

Posted

Combination of full RNG based progression + this communist economic system where prices are controlled, do make players 0 impact on own progress in game. This is pure cancer system that faster or later will kill this game.

3 people like this

Posted

Would love to see some sort of system to regain enhance levels that have been lost due to failures.  

Something like: Fail DUO to TRI..falls back to PRI, but gets an "XP bar" that can be filled by killing things while equipping the item.  When it fills to 100%, it can be enhanced back to DUO with 100% chance of success (you still need to use a hard/sharp).

I don't  see how this would help in the long run. This game doesn't need yet another fail stack mechanic added on top. Personally, I think the whole idea of enchanting and fail stacks should be removed. There are many different ways to add progression and even make it a bit grindy without punishing players for failures they have next to no influence in. But I'm also aware that this is definitely a lost case for this game.

I'd even go as far to say that many players spending lots of time in BDO don't even notice how overwhelming and alienating BDO's enchanting mechanics can be. I've started at release and only recently started upgrading my gear, because I always considered it too confusing and ridiculously complex. I'm definitely not alone with this, I guess. But if you make it even more complex with more "failstacks" or anything like that, you could just scrap the whole thing (or the whole game in general).

I'm pretty sure there are players not having problems with this, but one also have to keep in mind that those hard core players – which I don't consider myself being part of – can't sustain a MMO alone. For the wide success you'll need players playing the game more casually. I'm not talking about "100% casual" and I also agree that you shouldn't be able to get the best gear in the game just by logging in once every few days or anything like that, but I'm pretty sure like 99% of you have to agree that the whole "fail and you lose everything" concept is just pointless and annihilating to players not 100% and absolutely hooked to the game. But yeah, I guess it's just another dead horse beat it up thread.

As it's been mentioned, TRI items are probably good enough right now in the game, but the whole "success or fail even harder" mentality for higher end gear feels just ridiculous. I also can't think of any MMO doing this, not even Eve Online, where pretty much anyone in the game agrees on the mentality "don't use it, if you can't afford losing it".

1 person likes this

Posted

Or just remove that -----ing degradation... +15 was good as it was... And even then people complained about low succes rates... This is pure cancer...

3 people like this

Posted

There should be items we could farm to increase our chance for successful enchant.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hear you! They tell me I am lucky cause I can get FS of 20+ with ease... I tell you how to get that.. by being unlucky.. Still have armour under +15 sitting and laughing at me on +12.. even trying to follow the guidelines etc..

Though been pretty "unluck" with my weapons and pri'ed them with no stacks.. Yeah I change around, sometimes I have the feeling that some of my alts are more lucky then the others..

So failing feels so bad, succeding feels like "about freaking time" instead of "----- yeah that's awesome". Especially consider the silver sink it is to upgrade.. (lets not talk about acc.) Think LazyPeon, yep him, suggested that we had no durability loss, and I was like "Get out of here".. But with my insane luck, that would be kinda nice, and I would still use tons of money to get FS anyway... But ofc that would ruin the market for lesser gear.. I don't know..

I have no answer to this, maybe at certain FS it is guarenteed or something? Really have no real solution, that there is just as many people finding it ok as it is now. Maybe they are the "unlucky" one who can not stack 40+ FS..

I already know... But thanks!

uff that lift though 🙈 Hope it isn't you :)

Posted

There should be items we could farm to increase our chance for successful enchant.

Thats 'Valk's Cry' be-careful what you wish for :P

1 person likes this

Posted

You need to start playing for fun. If you let it affect you, you won't enjoy the game.

I do agree that these "mechanics" are completely infuriating for most people.

The way I see it, all it would take was that it would be ajusted to:

-Item never downgrades/lowers tier for weapon and armor
-Sinlge loss instead of double loss (and you'd only loose the lower level one) on accessories

I really don't get why a game that is so alt friendly ends up being the exact opposite. If it's hard to get gear for a char, imagine a whole bunch

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe ive just been lucky but i didnt think going for tri and failing can have a chance to downgrade back to pri. I thought that was only with tet and pen attempts?

Posted

You were lucky. DUO to TRI may result in PRI. My first TRI attempt was "that lucky". Needed a few more stones to get back to DUO. Never again :P

Posted

After going for TET on my awakening weapon, i lost few hundred mil, all my armor is PRI instead of DUO / TRI, and all my main / awakening weapons are PRI. Went DUO / PRI and back and forth on my awakening a shitload of times. Awesome....

Anyway, after quitting for like a week, i was like, you know... ok. Screw that. Im going back to TRI, and im staying there, screw TET. Yeah.... I failed going from PRI to DUO 7 ****ing times in a row, on a blue weapon, starting from 22 fs!

**** this game. I am out.

But you know what's the most annoying and frustrating thing? That BDO could've been a really amazing game, honestly. It could've been, but it's not. That's what pisses me off.