• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Once again, RNG is too punishing

116 posts in this topic

Posted

If they make enchanting easier, threads will show up how bored people are and nothing to work for anymore.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you are bored you might quit at some point but you can also quit when you are frustrated and pissed-off as hell.

Edited by eitheldin
2 people like this

Posted

If they make enchanting easier, threads will show up how bored people are and nothing to work for anymore.

Or they would be just gearing alts and actually playing PvP instead of roulette...

1 person likes this

Posted

People and their salt :D . They showed their OMFG BUILD and then try to descredit you because they accomplished several TET. It's just pitiful....

That said, il you tempt TET, you know the risk. I'm an unlucky brat so I'm not going farm like a moron just to tell to others "Hey Look to my build". Some people could reply me with "Git gut" or "Losers" because they are just lucky (brotum & brouver carried) and they didn't play for exactly 120 days in game (more 1/3 ; 2/3 afk)

Posted (edited)

recently made the mistake of trying to TET my Liverto - 100 mil or so later I haven't even been able to get it back to TRI (and I only made 1, yes 1 TET attempt), and now I have a weapon with no durability (for like the third round), I cant buy black stones cuz of the retarded marketplace bidding system, and I have something stupid like 70 - 60 - 35 failstacks across characters with little to no use for them aside from taking another huge gamble with accessories. Wonder if I should just say ----- it and try to DUO my Ogre ring or something...

Edited by jjmagnot

Posted

I dont see the issues? 

You made a 100 stack without needing to do pen attempts 

thats very very lucky 

it sounds like you dont think fail stacks are progression

3 people like this

Posted

There is no reward in this game if you don't have good luck. You can literally play this game for a decade and if your luck is bad, you can still have the worst gear and actually have REGRESSED instead of progressed.

Here's my reward for 3 MONTHS of grinding shards, money, and 2 events in my attempts to get a single TET Dande:

186 total concentrated black stones (weapon) used.

1.2 billion silver spent -- 91 PRI>DUO failures, 36 successful (28.3% success rate)-- 43 DUO>TRI failures, 8 successful (18.6% success rate) -- 8 TET failures (0% success rate)

What do I have to show for it? a PRI Dande Katana at 23 durability, no money, the following failstacks across 7 characters: +101, +63, +57, +48, +39, +35, and +3... and 3 months worth of work gone.

I know what you're thinking: "Why not just BUY the TET Dande Katana!?" Because out of the 21 EVER SOLD, I have never been able to snipe one; also, I have only been online when 2 were posted... Doing the math, Karanda was released roughly 5-6 months ago, or ~162 days, making a TET Dande Katana available once every 7.7 days. My chances of being online during its posting is and was slim to none, not to mention IF I was able to snipe and not beat out by a pre-order.

When you don't reward players for their hard work and effort, you will lose them to other games.

My potential solution: Please make a "memory system" for weapons that have reached their highest progress. So if TRI has been the highest you've got, it should be slightly easier to get back to DUO and TRI upon fails that increases with each fail and has a cap. So for example, if I reached TRI already with my dande, attempted TET and failed back to DUO, the chances of my getting back up to TRI would be: [# of failstacks + 3%] and each time I achieve TRI, it goes up by 3% making it easier to make additional attempts, but maybe caps at 15% (obviously, BDO could play with these numbers). This would get rid of the desire for Valk's cry, and give people more hope when attempting to make progress with their gear.

I love this game. I really do. But I feel like I am going absolutely nowhere...and all of my hard work, grinding, and dedication have nothing to show for...

This game has a rule:

Don't enchant what you can't afford to lose.

Basically: You've been rage-enchanting after a certain point. Don't fall into that trap! 

Be patient. Don't go enchant 'because you think it should work', only go enchant when you have something to fall back on (like a tri blue awakening or something similar, or even another duo or tri dande). 

This is a mistake a lot of people make. They gamble their entire fortunes away, believing that 'it should work this time'. They have no backup, and start rage-enchanting at a certain point. And then, they get frustrated, end up with a PRI awakening and come here to post ;)

Just be aware of this! BDO is not a game where you rush to max level. It is a game where you take your time, and bide it!

4 people like this

Posted

There is no reward in this game if you don't have good luck. You can literally play this game for a decade and if your luck is bad, you can still have the worst gear and actually have REGRESSED instead of progressed.

Here's my reward for 3 MONTHS of grinding shards, money, and 2 events in my attempts to get a single TET Dande:

186 total concentrated black stones (weapon) used.

1.2 billion silver spent -- 91 PRI>DUO failures, 36 successful (28.3% success rate)-- 43 DUO>TRI failures, 8 successful (18.6% success rate) -- 8 TET failures (0% success rate)

What do I have to show for it? a PRI Dande Katana at 23 durability, no money, the following failstacks across 7 characters: +101, +63, +57, +48, +39, +35, and +3... and 3 months worth of work gone.

I know what you're thinking: "Why not just BUY the TET Dande Katana!?" Because out of the 21 EVER SOLD, I have never been able to snipe one; also, I have only been online when 2 were posted... Doing the math, Karanda was released roughly 5-6 months ago, or ~162 days, making a TET Dande Katana available once every 7.7 days. My chances of being online during its posting is and was slim to none, not to mention IF I was able to snipe and not beat out by a pre-order.

When you don't reward players for their hard work and effort, you will lose them to other games.

My potential solution: Please make a "memory system" for weapons that have reached their highest progress. So if TRI has been the highest you've got, it should be slightly easier to get back to DUO and TRI upon fails that increases with each fail and has a cap. So for example, if I reached TRI already with my dande, attempted TET and failed back to DUO, the chances of my getting back up to TRI would be: [# of failstacks + 3%] and each time I achieve TRI, it goes up by 3% making it easier to make additional attempts, but maybe caps at 15% (obviously, BDO could play with these numbers). This would get rid of the desire for Valk's cry, and give people more hope when attempting to make progress with their gear.

I love this game. I really do. But I feel like I am going absolutely nowhere...and all of my hard work, grinding, and dedication have nothing to show for...

dis sht will repeat itself until u learn to get a back-up. Well deserved. xD

Posted

Im gonna leave this here. 

2017-03-11_207415010.jpg

Those are just rookie numbers, your accessories are pure garbage and nobody asked to see your underwhelming gear anyway :3.

Posted

Those are just rookie numbers, your accessories are pure garbage and nobody asked to see your underwhelming gear anyway :3.

EZ game is EZ... Made a PEN bares necklace last night for fun with 40 stacks. 

Posted (edited)

Enchanting should not be made easier, but it should be made that u can avoid cancer RNG, for the right price. Right now u are not allowed to play this game if ur RNG luck is sh1t.

Edited by FapperJack

Posted

Should just make force enchanting the only way to upgrade gear. The cost of upgrading a DUO to TRI via force is really close to the difference in price between a DUO and TRI. Forcing to PRI is 7, to DUO is 12, to TRI is 30. TET could be 120, and then PEN could be 260. Accessories could use cron stones to upgrade, or just removed and a black stone for jewelry added in that is a combination of hard and sharp shards and black stones, I doubt many even use cron stones. Could go by the same durability loss system weapon and armor use, keep the need for same kind of jewelry and memory fragments.

Costly, but you know you will eventually get there. But no, they'll probably just give us valk's advice instead.

The second a game similar to Black Desert but with better gear progression comes out, I'm jumping ship on to it for sure.

2 people like this

Posted

Would love to see some sort of system to regain enhance levels that have been lost due to failures.  

Something like: Fail DUO to TRI..falls back to PRI, but gets an "XP bar" that can be filled by killing things while equipping the item.  When it fills to 100%, it can be enhanced back to DUO with 100% chance of success (you still need to use a hard/sharp).

This would keep the Korean grinder mentality the devs seem to love, slow down rage enhancing, and also give the player hope of another try without the dread feeling that you are going to waste hundreds of milions of silver on a bad streak of luck just getting back to DUO.

Hell no, rich people will be walking around with PEn everywhere.  Current system is fine.

After going for TET on my awakening weapon, i lost few hundred mil, all my armor is PRI instead of DUO / TRI, and all my main / awakening weapons are PRI. Went DUO / PRI and back and forth on my awakening a shitload of times. Awesome....

Anyway, after quitting for like a week, i was like, you know... ok. Screw that. Im going back to TRI, and im staying there, screw TET. Yeah.... I failed going from PRI to DUO 7 ****ing times in a row, on a blue weapon, starting from 22 fs!

**** this game. I am out.

But you know what's the most annoying and frustrating thing? That BDO could've been a really amazing game, honestly. It could've been, but it's not. That's what pisses me off.

You lost a few hundred mil.

A tet dande is worth 1.5 bil on marketplace.  Why would you expect to get it for a few hundred mil? If you did that would be really lucky on your part.

recently made the mistake of trying to TET my Liverto - 100 mil or so later I haven't even been able to get it back to TRI (and I only made 1, yes 1 TET attempt), and now I have a weapon with no durability (for like the third round), I cant buy black stones cuz of the retarded marketplace bidding system, and I have something stupid like 70 - 60 - 35 failstacks across characters with little to no use for them aside from taking another huge gamble with accessories. Wonder if I should just say ----- it and try to DUO my Ogre ring or something...

YOU

SPENT

100 MIL

GOING FOR TET

WHAT

THE

-----

DID

YOU

EXPECT?

THERE IS A REASON TET ITEMS HAVE A HUGE INCREASE IN PRICE ON MARKETPLACE.

1 person likes this

Posted

Todays harvest of failstacks went great. my third stack to above 93 so if all goes well I will have a third PEN stack after some more tries, Also managed to harvest 8 new stacks at all above 44.

So now I am sitting on 12 stacks with the lowest at 44, at least I got one char for DUO right? 9_9
Such an awesome game, I love it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm eager to see what the new crone stone system brings.

Posted

You lost a few hundred mil.

A tet dande is worth 1.5 bil on marketplace.  Why would you expect to get it for a few hundred mil? If you did that would be really lucky on your part.

It wasnt a dande, it was a regular blue awakening weapon. And TRI blue awakening was worth like 320 mil or something. That, PLUS the several hundred millions, yeah, thats more than a TET blue weapon, PLUS, my weapon is -----ing PRI now.  Smartass.

Posted

It's always, always, ALWAYS better for people to quit happy that they "ran out stuff to do" than quit in frustration.

Always.

You will come back remembering happiness, you will never return remembering frustration.

5 people like this

Posted

It wasnt a dande, it was a regular blue awakening weapon. And TRI blue awakening was worth like 320 mil or something. That, PLUS the several hundred millions, yeah, thats more than a TET blue weapon, PLUS, my weapon is -----ing PRI now.  Smartass.

Why would you even go for a tet blue awakening weapon lmfao.  Be lucky it DIDN't go up so now you have a tet stack for an actual valuable item. 

Grats man!

Posted

Why would you even go for a tet blue awakening weapon lmfao.  Be lucky it DIDN't go up so now you have a tet stack for an actual valuable item. 

Grats man!

Because i dont have a Dandy weapon? and i need to increase my AP?

Posted

Hell no, rich people will be walking around with PEn everywhere.  Current system is fine.

HELL NO, lucky ppl are already walking around with full TET these days. Current system is broken. I'd like to see unlucky ppl having a chance. Make everything forcable is the only way to salvate those who are condemned by RNG.

Posted (edited)

HELL NO, lucky ppl are already walking around with full TET these days. Current system is broken. I'd like to see unlucky ppl having a chance. Make everything forcable is the only way to salvate those who are condemned by RNG.

And / Or remove the gear downgrade

And / Or boost the base enchant chance ( and no the sh#tty incoming kr fail stack % cap raise to just even more promote the cash shop fail stack )

there is so far many other nice way to build a gear "progression" but thoses guys look way too entitely to turn that as pure cancer just to promote their damned cash shop - force "infinite grind time - be lazy and create no content other than "grind XXXXXX hours because cancer gear".. etc

Edited by woots

Posted

TET katana.. 31 stacks... Luckyyyy

Posted

+101, +63, +57, +48, +39, +35, and +3..

Can't speak about gear that much, but I've been crushed by RNG when making belts and lifeskill clothing and although you may not have the silver anymore you've still got a lot of money in these failstacks. BDO is unique in that although you may not have a lot of silver, you can build your wealth back up very easily. Grind some more, take a break and do some life-skills and then use those failstacks to enchant gear to use or sell. 

1 person likes this

Posted

It's always, always, ALWAYS better for people to quit happy that they "ran out stuff to do" than quit in frustration.

Always.

You will come back remembering happiness, you will never return remembering frustration.

I don't think the game devs want you to quit at all. It is an MMO after all.

Posted

Because i dont have a Dandy weapon? and i need to increase my AP?

If you had a tri blue awakening your AP should be fine or you are not using the correct accessories.  And eventually you will have a dande, obviously, so why waste precious failstacks on insignificant items/

Nobody is rolling around with full tet that didn't earn it.  People might get a lucky tet here and there but implying people are walking around in 7/7 full tet and didn't spend hundreds of hours of grinding or lifeskilling to get tot hat point is dumb.

1 person likes this