• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Once again, RNG is too punishing

116 posts in this topic

Posted

There is no reward in this game if you don't have good luck. You can literally play this game for a decade and if your luck is bad, you can still have the worst gear and actually have REGRESSED instead of progressed.

Here's my reward for 3 MONTHS of grinding shards, money, and 2 events in my attempts to get a single TET Dande:

186 total concentrated black stones (weapon) used.

1.2 billion silver spent -- 91 PRI>DUO failures, 36 successful (28.3% success rate)-- 43 DUO>TRI failures, 8 successful (18.6% success rate) -- 8 TET failures (0% success rate)

What do I have to show for it? a PRI Dande Katana at 23 durability, no money, the following failstacks across 7 characters: +101, +63, +57, +48, +39, +35, and +3... and 3 months worth of work gone.

I know what you're thinking: "Why not just BUY the TET Dande Katana!?" Because out of the 21 EVER SOLD, I have never been able to snipe one; also, I have only been online when 2 were posted... Doing the math, Karanda was released roughly 5-6 months ago, or ~162 days, making a TET Dande Katana available once every 7.7 days. My chances of being online during its posting is and was slim to none, not to mention IF I was able to snipe and not beat out by a pre-order.

When you don't reward players for their hard work and effort, you will lose them to other games.

My potential solution: Please make a "memory system" for weapons that have reached their highest progress. So if TRI has been the highest you've got, it should be slightly easier to get back to DUO and TRI upon fails that increases with each fail and has a cap. So for example, if I reached TRI already with my dande, attempted TET and failed back to DUO, the chances of my getting back up to TRI would be: [# of failstacks + 3%] and each time I achieve TRI, it goes up by 3% making it easier to make additional attempts, but maybe caps at 15% (obviously, BDO could play with these numbers). This would get rid of the desire for Valk's cry, and give people more hope when attempting to make progress with their gear.

I love this game. I really do. But I feel like I am going absolutely nowhere...and all of my hard work, grinding, and dedication have nothing to show for...

Do what I did.. Say you're quiting and then yolo 1 stack on all Tri weps offhand too and get TET.. all of them for me went TET first try back to back 1 stack -_- I still quit in the end because it just wants to milk me of more value pack money.

Posted

1 year of playing and I have 2 billions and most of my boss gears are DUO.

Now I mostly AFKing as a reminder of RNG in this game and using this game as a reminder to stop me from playing another MMO.

Posted

Everyone on the forums are such whiny entitled little -----es.  Why don't you go like log in and play the -----ing game instead of whining all day to make it easier?

There are so many people running around in game with at least full tri armor/weapons.  IT ISN'T THAT HARD TO GET.  If you don't want to play for the fairly minimal time required to get to this point then seriously just quit.  The fact that you whiny entitled brats somehow think it's fair to completely change the system a year in to the game so you guys get for free what everyone else up to this point had worked for is ridiculous.

This has already been said 2342342343243 times but the system is fine because THEY ALREADY IMPLEMENTED SERIOUS DIMINISHING RETURNS.  Getting PRI is stupidly easy.  Getting DUO is very easy.  Getting TRI is an average challenge.  Getting TET is hard.  Getting PEN is near impossible.  Yet every single tier SCALES LINEARLY.  So even those who have achieved the impossible, they only gain a small advantage.  So -----ing get over it.

1 person likes this

Posted

This crap is not hard, it is RNG - players do not have control over RNG and that is the problem.

Months ago some people said buy items in AH, great now there is no decent items in AH.

This game have completely broken progression system. You say if we do not like it then we should leave. Effect of it is only less than 100k characters per region have 56 lvl while the rest from over 1,5kk (characters) just left the game.

Posted (edited)

As soon as someone has no argumentative leg to stand on they call someone a troll or throw insults

Considering yours answers and how bad you missed many point, so considering that forum, yes, that's indeed a possibility to consider.

And I didnt insulted you. You miss many point, you understood every poorly what i've said. It dont attack you own person. Since i only spoke about somes of yours particular action.

i.e : Doing a "stupid" action wont mean the whole person is necessary stupid for everything.

=> you see the issue with your understanding ?

I didn't lose credibility. You did when you had to start hurling insults.

Stop the victim syndrom  that will not work baby boy.

So far the only thing you are able to speak about regarding games are => cash crap asian mmo which clearly only provide pvp parody.

You didnt even seem to understand how rogue like games work, and you jumped on that thinking it would proove "your point".. when it more than doesnt..  9_9

(you demonstrated __ ___ ___ ) over and over.

Its not out of context, you provided me somes screen displaying only a few different gear aviable => not all gear sitting at the market. So i cant exactly choose the gear i want => so i cant avoid RNG.

So like you just need to read again, me asking you to provide screenshot of ALL possible PEN gear sitting at the market outside "bidding", that's the only situation where RNG could be fully avoided. And in that sutuation, i will agree that the market allow you to totaly skip RNG.

Furthermore i like how you cut out specific parts of my answers to take them out of context.

I only quoted somes part, but i've readed the rest, doesnt change what i've said, nor your "initial meaning" Nice try ^^

And since you are so keen on saying "I wont even bother to make you understand" Allow me to also lay out the fact that this purposefully contradicts your post in it's entirety making you also a hypocrite.

lol.

Its not contradicting anything, you just did missed the point so bad that's you answer is out.

Not stating about you saying that the cash shop allow to skip RNG => skip the part of the original "game design", Which is WAY beyond a simple convenience.

Also tend to show that the RNG is an annoyance, otherwise, why would devs sell something to totaly skip part of their game ? xD

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

At this point, pardon me, but i wont even bother trying to make you understand.

Yet here you are still trying to explain it to me.

There are a few facts here that are important.

1.You took me out of context and removed part of my answers to make it match your frame of the argument

2. Instead of refuting what i say you say it has something to do with me not traveling the earth? And my mental instability Saying my actions or views are "insane" your words not mine.

3. Now keep insulting me instead of actually refuting or discussing the reasons i lay forth.

But you wont bother trying to make me understand right? Even though you keep trying.
Also your last post was completely unreadable and barely in English so half of it made no sense
Therefor i wont comment on it. Because then it's at risk of interpretation instead of your opinion.
A restructure in actual English would help.

I already proved my point and you already ate your words so i am done with this thread.

But i'll leave you with this.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser - Socrates 

Edited by Freeway

Posted (edited)

-snip-

Yep you have more than clear understanding issue. ( especial when the "insane" usage wasnt to do a statement on your "mental health". As i said early, stop the victim syndrom that wont work. )

how do you even want to "debate" when you dont even correctly understand what you read, the issue is way beyond the mistake i can do in english.

And quoting socrate when you miss simple point, that's pretty ironic xD

Edited by woots

Posted

people have 100% control over the RNG. and that is if you roll enough times you will get it. People are just mad that it takes that 10 rolls for a tri sometimes when others yolo it and get it first shot. They get even saltier when it happens for tets and above also. The entirety of this game is to grind mats to try again when you dont succeed 

Posted (edited)

Combination of full RNG based progression + this communist economic system where prices are controlled, do make players 0 impact on own progress in game. This is pure cancer system that faster or later will kill this game.

There's literally nothing wrong with the "communist" economic system.

The only issue is that the supply of items in this game is miniscule compared to the DEMAND of the playerbase. There needs to be more things generating supply in this game. This issue remains even if the price caps are removed, except now only the super rich and wealthy can ever buy anything and you have 90% of the players getting zero progression.

Another thing is how there's no quality "silver sinks" in this game. Something you can buy from NPC's that deletes silver from the game. Something a lot of players WANT (dyes, pets, furniture, overall customization) but not something forced on players (repairing, horse stamina, etc). Keep in mind the stuff I put in brackets are not the specific things Im requesting they throw into these categories, they're just EXAMPLES of other things they can come up that might be similar to them.

Lastly the entire pearl->silver system needs to be totally overhauled and more automated similar to the WoW token from Blizzard. I should be able to queue up for a specific item I want, a pearl buyer should press a button that says "I want silver" and get the silver from me as the game generates the item I want. What we got now is a total nightmare.

Solving these three issues makes silver more valuable as a currency, increases the marketplace activity and health, and generates more cash to the dev.

Edited by Alu7
1 person likes this

Posted

There's literally nothing wrong with the "communist" economic system.

The only issue is that the supply of items in this game is miniscule compared to the DEMAND of the playerbase. There needs to be more things generating supply in this game. This issue remains even if the price caps are removed, except now only the super rich and wealthy can ever buy anything and you have 90% of the players getting zero progression.

Another thing is how there's no quality "silver sinks" in this game. Something you can buy from NPC's that deletes silver from the game. Something a lot of players WANT (dyes, pets, furniture, overall customization) but not something forced on players (repairing, horse stamina, etc). Keep in mind the stuff I put in brackets are not the specific things Im requesting they throw into these categories, they're just EXAMPLES of other things they can come up that might be similar to them.

Lastly the entire pearl->silver system needs to be totally overhauled and more automated similar to the WoW token from Blizzard. I should be able to queue up for a specific item I want, a pearl buyer should press a button that says "I want silver" and get the silver from me as the game generates the item I want. What we got now is a total nightmare.

Solving these three issues makes silver more valuable as a currency, increases the marketplace activity and health, and generates more cash to the dev.

Agree.

Even tho, the current CS item on the market already give them the money they "want", they just didnt bothered at all to make something nice for the players ( saddly )

And indeed, a "quality silver sink" like you spoke about would be so much welcome, but their greed made them lock everything behind the cash shop wall :/ ( even the outift ou craft in game.. that's pretty crazy )

Posted (edited)

people have 100% control over the RNG. and that is if you roll enough times you will get it. People are just mad that it takes that 10 rolls for a tri sometimes when others yolo it and get it first shot. They get even saltier when it happens for tets and above also. The entirety of this game is to grind mats to try again when you dont succeed 

though I don't agree with your opinion about being in control of randomness, because that's not technically possible, I understand  what you are saying here. Murphys says anything that can happen will eventually happen. 

That said, this game is basically a glorified farming simulator, and that's not good. I'm not denying that some people like grind-as-gameplay style games, some do sure, but most don't. Its sad too because so many can see the potential BDO has that it is currently squandering.

Edited by jjmagnot

Posted

There should be items we could farm to increase our chance for successful enchant.

Agreed a seed that is rarer than sharps that can only be gathered and grow time of say 3 days.

Posted

There is no reward in this game if you don't have good luck. You can literally play this game for a decade and if your luck is bad, you can still have the worst gear and actually have REGRESSED instead of progressed.

Here's my reward for 3 MONTHS of grinding shards, money, and 2 events in my attempts to get a single TET Dande:

186 total concentrated black stones (weapon) used.

1.2 billion silver spent -- 91 PRI>DUO failures, 36 successful (28.3% success rate)-- 43 DUO>TRI failures, 8 successful (18.6% success rate) -- 8 TET failures (0% success rate)

What do I have to show for it? a PRI Dande Katana at 23 durability, no money, the following failstacks across 7 characters: +101, +63, +57, +48, +39, +35, and +3... and 3 months worth of work gone.

I know what you're thinking: "Why not just BUY the TET Dande Katana!?" Because out of the 21 EVER SOLD, I have never been able to snipe one; also, I have only been online when 2 were posted... Doing the math, Karanda was released roughly 5-6 months ago, or ~162 days, making a TET Dande Katana available once every 7.7 days. My chances of being online during its posting is and was slim to none, not to mention IF I was able to snipe and not beat out by a pre-order.

When you don't reward players for their hard work and effort, you will lose them to other games.

My potential solution: Please make a "memory system" for weapons that have reached their highest progress. So if TRI has been the highest you've got, it should be slightly easier to get back to DUO and TRI upon fails that increases with each fail and has a cap. So for example, if I reached TRI already with my dande, attempted TET and failed back to DUO, the chances of my getting back up to TRI would be: [# of failstacks + 3%] and each time I achieve TRI, it goes up by 3% making it easier to make additional attempts, but maybe caps at 15% (obviously, BDO could play with these numbers). This would get rid of the desire for Valk's cry, and give people more hope when attempting to make progress with their gear.

I love this game. I really do. But I feel like I am going absolutely nowhere...and all of my hard work, grinding, and dedication have nothing to show for...

that sucks, and i agree that RNG regrading in general is a horrible idea. There are other ways to stunt progression without making it a dice roll. For example lvling to 61 is "hard" but there is no rng to it. but id like to leave with you a reminder that fail stacks do have a monetary value. You might have crap gear but u actually are sitting on a pen stack and two lower tet stacks. How much money do you suppose some one would pay for your 101 stack? Id drop 3 bill on that in a hear beat and never look back if it meant i could avoid failstacking. 

btw if u private message me ill tell u a better way to get that tet.

Posted (edited)

people have 100% control over the RNG.

Either you don't know what the word, "control" means or you don't know what, "RNG" is.  Which is it?

Edited by Drakkaelus

Posted

Either you don't know what the word, "control" means or you don't know what, "RNG" is.  Which is it?

There are 2 variables one is chance to succeed and the other is number of time you are allowed to try. fail stacks help one variable and you are allowed to try multiple times. both variables are controllable. 

Wow see you have control. Now its not the amount you want but its there. 

Posted

KR mentality - Biggest stack of cash wins

NA mentality - Those that are talented and work hard get ahead

Why are you all really angry with RNG? Well its because it goes against our western mentality of what is right. To us, what they are doing reeks of dishonor.

But they will never hear us, because they don't think like us.

Please watch this, its informative on this morally wrong issue...