• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Karma is just plain stupid

59 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The karma system needs to be removed.

Its just stupid and i cant explain my frustration to how many times this shit has screwed me over. 

"lets make a pvp game where we punish those who pvp by loosing their shit and having to spend an hour if not hours grinding the -----ing karma back on low level spots where no one goes"
"Hey allso lets make it so everyone and their mother can attack you but if you defend yourself and kill the attacker you get more negative karma" 
Bilderesultat for retard

Edited by Piffi
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I love this system. PK mode .. It reminds me of the first MMORPG I played, Rappelz.

The whole system is exactly the same, Except for how you get the karma back, instead of killing mobs there was a place where you can donate to a fetish with in-game money. or a p2w item that purify negative karma completely. I'd like to see this idea here too.

Edited by ☠ ⓜⓐⓓⓝⓔⓢⓢ ☠

Posted

I love this system. PK mode .. It reminds me of the first MMORPG I played, Rappelz.

To wear off the negative karma, instead of killing mobs there was a place where you can donate to a fetish with in-game money. or a p2w item that purify negative karma completely. I'd like to see this idea here too.

I mean if they removed the punishments souch as gem & experience loss then sure why should you not be made "rogue" but I'm not for loosing millions in gems and xp just cus for example, some idiot decides to grief a 5 man group with a low geared alt then swap back to his main just to cuck them. This has happen't to me several times when grinding at its getting old and annoying.

Posted

I mean if they removed the punishments souch as gem & experience loss then sure why should you not be made "rogue" but I'm not for loosing millions in gems and xp just cus for example, some idiot decides to grief a 5 man group with a low geared alt then swap back to his main just to cuck them. This has happen't to me several times when grinding at its getting old and annoying.

I'm pretty sure you don't lose exp and gems in pvp.  If a mob kills you then yeah you lose exp and gems.

Posted

@ChoeChoeTrain

Scroll down to the chart. 

Tldr, you do lose stuff if you're negative.

Posted

The only change I'd like to see is that you should be able to defend yourself without losing Karma. Red or not if someone attacks you they made a conscious choice to initiate PVP and it shouldn't force you to flag and go further into the red just to defend yourself. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The only change I'd like to see is that you should be able to defend yourself without losing Karma. Red or not if someone attacks you they made a conscious choice to initiate PVP and it shouldn't force you to flag and go further into the red just to defend yourself. 

If not including the exp and gems and negative karma all around at the very least what you said here should be changed.

In fact it baffles me that it isn't already like this, kinda shows how short thought they were on open world pvp.

Posted

@ChoeChoeTrain

Scroll down to the chart. 

Tldr, you do lose stuff if you're negative.

oops I was talking about if you weren't negative. If he was talking about being neg and pvping thats mb.

Posted

Had to defend my spot again and the ----- kept returning even tho group was full.
Look at my karma and its 13k
Bilderesultat for the office god no gif

Posted

BDO is NOT a PvP MMO.

BDO is NOT a PK MMO.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

BDO is NOT a PvP MMO.

BDO is NOT a PK MMO.

"Game has pvp but not a pvp game"

Edited by Piffi

Posted

BDO is NOT a PvP MMO.

BDO is NOT a PK MMO.

that depends entirely on the players. If we wanted we could all go red karma and PK the sh1t out of eachother

Posted

BDO is NOT a PvP MMO.

BDO is NOT a PK MMO.

Denile...it's not a river in Egypt.

1 person likes this

Posted

"Karma is just plain stupid" lol that title is just plain stupid.

1 person likes this

Posted

Learn some anger management skills and learn to share.  Pot calling the kettle black on the retard comment imho.

2 people like this

Posted

Quit whining cause you lost, lmao

1 person likes this

Posted

"Karma is just plain stupid" lol that title is just plain stupid.

Ok, you read the title.

Learn some anger management skills and learn to share.  Pot calling the kettle black on the retard comment imho.

Anger management? you came to the conclusion that I was angry by me typing? dr.phill, there is a difference between angry and frustrated.

Quit whining cause you lost, lmao

I wasn't aware that you can go negative karma by loosing. 

-The fact you can become red is cool, what I'm saying is that the punishment and the sink hole is unnecessary to have in a game where its only engaging gameplay is grinding for exp and pvp.

BDO is NOT a PvP MMO.

BDO is NOT a PK MMO.

Every time I come to read other comments i see this and all I can think of is this guy.

Bilderesultat for history channel guy

Posted

Yeah, learn to share

Posted

that depends entirely on the players. If we wanted we could all go red karma and PK the sh1t out of eachother

And guess what, 95% of the Population don´t like PK´ers. B|

"Game has pvp but not a pvp game"

HAS PVP is NOT the same as is a "FULL PVP" Game.

With your Logic you could say BDO is a PVE Game, because it HAS PvE......

BDO is a PvPvE Sandpark MMO, even told by the Developers, you CAN kill Players, but if you can´t take the Pain, don´t do the Crime.

And yes, get some Anger Management.

2 people like this

Posted

BDO is NOT a PvP MMO.

BDO is NOT a PK MMO.

This is an open world game. If you want access to the best spots you're gonna have to fight for it. This game might not revolve around pvp but if you want to get in the most profitable or highest exp per hour areas you are going to have to pvp. PvP is a large of this game whether you like it or not. So git gud or git out my way. 

Posted (edited)

This is an open world game. If you want access to the best spots you're gonna have to fight for it. This game might not revolve around pvp but if you want to get in the most profitable or highest exp per hour areas you are going to have to pvp. PvP is a large of this game whether you like it or not. So git gud or git out my way. 

What are you drinking?

Read the whole Context, yes you CAN PK everyone, but also live with the consequences it brings, aka -Karma.

Git Gud at reading and understanding.

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

Sure, feel free to be antisocial.  Just stop whining about the consequences.  Sound like you need to "Git gud!"

Posted (edited)

alot if think want solve the issue.. like a 10 minute debuff  when one ppl are PK.. Remove Elion tear use positbility when die in pvp and remove the *go to node* choice on all way.

the trouble . is that Actualy Pearls abyss dont care of player and never communicate. seriously a Q:A need to be do each month. not 1 each fking years.

Communication is realy important. and Kakao/PA are realy bad on this think. So smooth the probleme will never be do.

The only way to solve this. is accept the actual system or never go Sausan/pirate.

Edited by Catastigma

Posted (edited)

Sure, feel free to be antisocial.  Just stop whining about the consequences.  Sound like you need to "Git gud!"

pvp is player to player interaction and not antisocial at all, aside from the karma bombers the people who actually fight for the fight/spot tend to talk between and after the fights. Maybe you just get to salty to talk to the person who kills you and think everyone else are like that.

Edited by Piffi

Posted

Yep, as I expected.  well I guess it's better that you beat up under geared pixels than kicks kids from their wheelchairs irl and yell "pwned!"  a good outlet for your tendencies.

Hm so if a under geared guy tells me to invite him else he gonna grief me I am antisocial cause I don't want to carry him for no reason? Why am I forced to carry low geared ppl who are too lazy to grind another spot with less amount of mobs since they don't need main spots cause of their low gear since they can't handle the whole amount of mobs at this spot anyway? :thinking:

1 person likes this