• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Karma is just plain stupid

59 posts in this topic

Posted

The karma system needs to be removed.

Its just stupid and i cant explain my frustration to how many times this shit has screwed me over. 

"lets make a pvp game where we punish those who pvp by loosing their shit and having to spend an hour if not hours grinding the -----ing karma back on low level spots where no one goes"
"Hey allso lets make it so everyone and their mother can attack you but if you defend yourself and kill the attacker you get more negative karma" 
Bilderesultat for retard

Lineage 2....which is where the sieging/karma system/gear enchanting from this game came from.... however this version is softcored.... In Lineage 2 you PK once and your negative period.... here they give you 5 PK's before you go negative..... The PK system here isn't that bad. The only reason why it's so bad now compared to when this game launched is because they removed exp loss in pvp.... With exp loss in pvp not many even flagged to pvp.... Now that there is now exp los.... Karma bombing was born.... Enjoy carebears! You guys asked for it!

Posted (edited)

Lineage 2....which is where the sieging/karma system/gear enchanting from this game came from.... however this version is softcored.... In Lineage 2 you PK once and your negative period.... here they give you 5 PK's before you go negative..... The PK system here isn't that bad. The only reason why it's so bad now compared to when this game launched is because they removed exp loss in pvp.... With exp loss in pvp not many even flagged to pvp.... Now that there is now exp los.... Karma bombing was born.... Enjoy carebears! You guys asked for it!

The social aspect and "server life" of Lineage 2 were also head and shoulders above anything BDO has ever done.
Server life was a thing at that time, and the social lever was a real tool to overcome conflictual situations.

In BDO, you can achieve everything solo, in your bubble. The other players are more or less improved NPCs with usually shitty color patterns.

Different time, different players I guess.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

I am -500k Negative karma for more than a month now, I've been on the desert since I got that because I can't afford to lose my gear. Do we still drop or downgrade our gear when you're negative? 

Posted

yes

Posted

I'm pretty sure you don't lose exp and gems in pvp.  If a mob kills you then yeah you lose exp and gems.

You 100% do...the karma system is broken.  Let me rephrase that, the karma system is fine, you need some type of karma system to prevent non stop griefing.  However, right now the player you kill spawns ten feet away and loses nothing, and they just keep taking the mobs you and your group were farming, or talking trash, or whatever your reason was for the PK.  You absolutely need a karma system, but right now its stupid...

Nah, what made it different was that the player you killed in L2, lost xp, so they didn't keep coming back over and over...you are correct in the system is fine up to that.  Give them a penalty as well, that fixes the problem.  To many on here defend the innocent pve grinder, but they fail to realize soooo many of these so calling innocent grinders are not just innocently grinding.  They purposely ruin a spawn were a group is farming or they come in typing lol at the beginning just to grief.  I'm all about the pve player wanting to grind in piece being able to...but what is in place now is the absolute most stupid system i've ever seen.

Posted

You 100% do...the karma system is broken.  Let me rephrase that, the karma system is fine, you need some type of karma system to prevent non stop griefing.  However, right now the player you kill spawns ten feet away and loses nothing, and they just keep taking the mobs you and your group were farming, or talking trash, or whatever your reason was for the PK.  You absolutely need a karma system, but right now its stupid...

Nah, what made it different was that the player you killed in L2, lost xp, so they didn't keep coming back over and over...you are correct in the system is fine up to that.  Give them a penalty as well, that fixes the problem.  To many on here defend the innocent pve grinder, but they fail to realize soooo many of these so calling innocent grinders are not just innocently grinding.  They purposely ruin a spawn were a group is farming or they come in typing lol at the beginning just to grief.  I'm all about the pve player wanting to grind in piece being able to...but what is in place now is the absolute most stupid system i've ever seen.

There used to be exp loss in this game.... For first 3 months.... carebears complained about it.... so exp loss got removed.... now karma bombers are a most commonly used tactic.... when exp loss happened? Karma bombers didn't exist

Posted

I've read all the posts on this thread, and here are my 2 cents (or more!):

• Only the player who pulls the “first strike” and/or is PvP-flagged first should get a Karma penalty; a player defending himself and killing the attacker who was PvP-flagged first should never lose anything at all, especially not Karma.
  • Likewise, if a “defending” player dies from the attack of another player, who was PvP-flagged first, the defending player should never lose experience or anything else. This is not “carebear” talk; this is simply to prevent the sad result of lower-geared players (who are trying to gear up!) getting stuck in limbo forever, as they take 1 step forward (with regards to EXP), then get pushed 2 steps back by getting ganked. Who would want that? What about low-geared Karma-bombers? Refer to the previous bullet point; problem solved.
  • What about low-geared players “griefing” you in your precious grinding spot? I'd say try to talk to them with one goal in mind: One of you, two, switches channels. If you were there first, he's the one who should try to switch from the beginning. If, for some reason, he doesn't; you can suggest that as you were there first (and don't be greedy with the square area of your spot either!). If he refuses and it seems to become a nuisance for you, you can just switch channels yourself; it's not like you're gonna lose anything most of the time. And a solution from Pearl Abyss is to increase spawn rate according to how many parties are in the area, or even according to how many players (regardless to whether they are the in the same party or not) are in the area. This may already be the case, but perhaps more tweaking and increasing spawn rate even further is in order.

With the changes above, I believe the Karma system can stay and work perfectly well.

Posted (edited)

I never had any problem with lower geared people ( to me) outgrinding me.  It makes no sense that better geared people would have a problem either.  l2share l2grind.  Let me explain in terms that perhaps you can understand.  The financial risk to the game of unleashing pk with lower or no consequences upon 90%+ of the players who aren't in the best gear and simply trying to play the game FAR, FAR outweighs the minor financial risk to the game due to <10% of the very well geared elitist players who may only get 98% of max grinding potential vs. 100%.   I am sorry, but your maximum grinding convenience just isn't that important to the health of this game.  Now go get your effing shine box.

Except those 10% of players are your hardcore players who spend more money on the game instead of waiting to snipe a costume off the market and begging people to post value packs so they can buy with silver. These are the people blowing 100's a week on artisan memories and grinding their ass off to stay competitive, and care about efficiency. So the financial impact if the top 10% of people took off is much more impactful than the other 90% of the freeloading playerbase. If that 1 undergeared player takes 1 pack in your rotation, you are being less efficient now and wasting your time. I get it, not all people care about efficiency, and don't value their time the same way. But to clap back at people who do, is being just as hypocritical as the person you're calling out for being a hypocrite. 

Edited by Shansti

Posted

Except those 10% of players are your hardcore players who spend more money on the game instead of waiting to snipe a costume off the market and begging people to post value packs so they can buy with silver. These are the people blowing 100's a week on artisan memories and grinding their ass off to stay competitive, and care about efficiency. So the financial impact if the top 10% of people took off is much more impactful than the other 90% of the freeloading playerbase. If that 1 undergeared player takes 1 pack in your rotation, you are being less efficient now and wasting your time. I get it, not all people care about efficiency, and don't value their time the same way. But to clap back at people who do, is being just as hypocritical as the person you're calling out for being a hypocrite. 

proof?  Those are the people who don't have to pay for those because they easily get them in game.  Also, anyone who plays that much probably can't afford to spend a lot, lol.  Lastly, the loudest mouths against p2w are the hard core players, so I doubt they spend a lot.