• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Disable pearl gifting

130 posts in this topic

Posted

@PM_Jouska, @CM_Aethon, @CM_Praballo, @CM_Yukimura, @CM_Serenity, @GM_Gemu, @GM_Rhotaaz

Now days on EU servers its almost impossible to buy any boss gear, T6 and above horses without spending 50-100euros on gifting pearls to the sellers.....

let me give you some examles:

"WTS TET sorc weapons dande/kzarka. Pearls for chance, don't care about successful transaction"

"WTS nouver/kutum/kzarka box for pearls"

"WTS T8 B - 15 Skills (6/7 for T9 Awakening) - Pearls" (asked the person wanted 15k pearls)

Let me ask you this: Was the idea of pearl shop gifting to turn this game into something where you cannot purchase any of the above mentioned items without paying real life money to the seller?

The gifting option has now achieved that. 

Disable gifting from pearl shop or add some limits to it, such as cannot gift to other people than who are in your guild or something.

The current state of the game cannot be healthy for it on the long run.

42 people like this

Posted

It's a -----ing joke but the company don't care cause it's all about the monies 

Posted

so p2w when you're not sure that you will have the item

Posted

@PM_Jouska, @CM_Aethon, @CM_Praballo, @CM_Yukimura, @CM_Serenity, @GM_Gemu, @GM_Rhotaaz

Now days on EU servers its almost impossible to buy any boss gear, T6 and above horses without spending 50-100euros on gifting pearls to the sellers.....

"WTS TET sorc weapons dande/kzarka. Pearls for chance, don't care about successful transaction"

"WTS T8 B - 15 Skills (6/7 for T9 Awakening) - Pearls" (asked the person wanted 15k pearls)

Let me ask you this: Was the idea of pearl shop gifting to turn this game into something where you cannot purchase any of the above mentioned items without paying real life money to the seller?

Disable gifting from pearl shop or add some limits to it, such as cannot gift to other people than who are in your guild or something.

Or... you just let someone else gift, then stalk market and attempt to snipe the boss gear that doesnt hit pre order :)

3 people like this

Posted

Is there a reason to rush boss gear and T8 Horses?

I play this game to enjoy it (yeah the RNG) i get happy if i get the loot from my own. 

Whats the point of buying it, even more if you pay with real mony for it. 

2 people like this

Posted

Removing this feature is pointless, if they can't ask for pearls they will ask for actual money.

4 people like this

Posted

But you dont have to gift any1 pearls for them to post something. They will post it eventually anyway.

The persons with the highest pre-order or the one with the most luck, will get the item, not the poor soul that gave away a cash shop item.

To be honest, I dont think anyone actually gifts Pearl items prior to a successful trade. No one is that stupid. There's just a bunch of greedy people trying to lure cash shoppers into giving them stuff, but I highly doubt anyone accepts their shitty deals.

It does look bad though. Especially for players new to the game. First impression of BDO is a bunch of kids demanding cash shop items just to sell something. 

3 people like this

Posted

Speaking as someone who has sold these kinds of items for pearls. If there was no option for gifting pearls, I wouldn't have sold the extra pieces of boss gear I've gotten. So to make this clear:

The sole reason why I've even bothered to sell my extra pieces of boss gear is because of pearl item gifting. If it wasn't enable, the extra pieces of boss gear I had would be sitting in my storage right now.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

even as someone who only AFK trains up horses  (8 hours on a wagon while I'm asleep) ... I wouldn't let a T6 /w the holy Trin skills go for anything less than Pearl Gifts.   ..I don't know why Kakao ever went with this bullshit line in the first place about how Pearl Items on the Auction House was gonna "allow accessibility to all their players" when we all knew only a Black Market would have consistently equalized supply to demand

And if Kakao expects any of us Trainers to reverse course on this, they know what they need to bring to NA to fix it   (along /w higher T7/T8 breeding RNG and much faster XP rates on anything above a T4)  ... Don't get me wrong,  T5's in the wild was a nice Gesture but let's not forget that KR has had those for more than a year now, proving that Daum was dragging their asses extra hard on trying to equalize out this situation for us

Edited by iller
1 person likes this

Posted

Prices for horses are too low and breeding rng is too crappy. No sane breeder will sell a courser T8 horse (or even good T6) for funny amount of silver to a stranger. Removal of gifting will lead only to their almost complete disappearance from horse market.

2 people like this

Posted

They knew this would happen, it happened when gifting was enabled temporarily for the holidays. it was already an annoyance within a day. They saw it, we complained about it, they said "we keep this forever"

Money speaks. It always has. Quality of localization, community, servers are not priorities. But hey, we are gonna get new forums soon! Thanks to pearl gifting!

2 people like this

Posted

Prices of all rare items and IS items are far far too low (whole idea of this communist economy system with prices controlled by devs is sick) in effect nobody sell this items - because of it silver practically does not have value at engame what again discourages people to sell anything and cause even less supply on market. And because demand growing people try as they can to trade valuable items for other valuable items.

Posted

Removing this feature is pointless, if they can't ask for pearls they will ask for actual money.

What are you talking about, players were selling hundreds of dande/kzarka/boss gear before gifting just for silver (i will remind you that even selling them for only silver can make you billionaire if you do world bosses often) and noone were spamming global chat about wanting real money to register them... Why? Cause its legal to ask for pearl gifts, but asking for real money can make you banned... Do you really think that players will risk ban and ask for real money directly on global chat?

1 person likes this

Posted

Well it was not PA or Kakaos intention or idea that it turns out that way. Sadly there are dumbass fktard people that just purely want to scam.

If you think about it, NO... not a single item ingame is worth 50-100€/$ rl money in return just for putting it up and in addition to that.. the potential buyer not having the 100% chance to get the item.

Everyone that want to trade any item ingame for a pearl gift ie. real money is just an utter a.s.s.hole and scammer

(and yes i know that kakao will deal with scammers according to tos if you can proove that you got scammed... well how do you do this as the buying person? if you don't get the item you cant say the seller scammed you since rng was a -----. The seller is safe anyway. getting gifts or the silver for  the item.)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Speaking as someone who has sold these kinds of items for pearls. If there was no option for gifting pearls, I wouldn't have sold the extra pieces of boss gear I've gotten. So to make this clear:

The sole reason why I've even bothered to sell my extra pieces of boss gear is because of pearl item gifting. If it wasn't enable, the extra pieces of boss gear I had would be sitting in my storage right now.

What are you even talking about, we didnt had gifts for over half of year and number of kzarka/dande/boss gear sold on MP were in thousands!! Great ammount of richest players in game with eq worth 15B+ are doing only trade crafting, imperials  and world bosses... They not sell that items only to get pearl gift, they sell to earn another billions... Gifts are just nice addition, keeping piece bosses in Wh forever and not make profit with them would be just stupid...

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

Speaking from a horse breeding perspective. There have not been to my knowledge and seems most of the other full time breeders a T8 that leveled naturally into courser status or even relatively close. Any T8 courser, has taken skill change coupons, seems on average of 7/skill. So to sell for pearls to recoup some loss I can see. Though most of the breeders I know of, do not require pearls, since they will not sell a courser except to guildies or friends who offer the pearls to recoup. They tend to rarely advertise it. Since a t8 anywhere near courser status has cost the seller pearls, I honestly do not see the issue asking a fair, again a fair amount to recoup pearls spent to get it there. 15k? Bit much imho.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is the closest, by far, that the game has come to becoming a genuinely P2W experience. I don't say that lightly.

Gifting pearls as a gesture of friendship between players is nice and all, but when it opens the door to this kind of abuse then it is going to cause far more problems than it solves.

3 people like this

Posted

If they did disable gifting pearls and then people started to ask for real money for there items in chat. 

I would take screenshot and report them without hesitation.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

What are you even talking about, we didnt had gifts for over half of year and number of kzarka/dande/boss gear sold on MP were in thousands!! Great ammount of richest players in game with eq worth 15B+ are doing only trade crafting, imperials  and world bosses... They not sell that items only to get pearl gift, they sell to earn another billions... Gifts are just nice addition, keeping piece bosses in Wh forever and not make profit with them would be just stupid...

Stupid? Or realizing the amount of silver you get for the base piece is not worth how rare the item is?

EDIT: Oh, and then there's dealing with the asshats that sell the most coveted pieces of boss gear for MINIMUM PRICE. Screw that shit.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted (edited)

Stupid? Or realizing the amount of silver you get for the base piece is not worth how rare the item is?

Ppl who do bosses regularly got usually at least 1-3 boxes per week... Its at least 700m+ per month additional profit for them (2B+ from crates and imperial)... How its not worth? If its not then how there were thousands of dande/kzarka/boss pieces sold before gifting? How there were thousands sold before even free piece gear box event?

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

Ppl who do bosses regularly got usually at least 1-3 boxes per week... Its at least 700m+ per month additional profit for them (2B+ from crates and imperial)... How its not worth? If its not then how there were thousands of dande/kzarka/boss pieces sold before gifting? How there were thousands sold before even free piece gear box event?

Yes, well, not everyone has that kind of RNG. Been doing bosses religiously for the last year and have only received 5 Kzarka's 4 Bheg's and countless Liverto's.

Posted

That is depend by RNG and hidden luck stat. Alot of people who make bosses get nothing.

Posted

Put "WTB" and "WTS" as well as "Selling" and "Buying" into the Ingame Spam Filter and you wont notice (or very rarely) any of those Pearl-Gift-Sellers.

Yes, its cancer and it should be removed (or only allowed between Guildmembers), but this way at least you wont notice it.

However its also quite nice for sniping T8 horses. Just watch the Horse market for ~30 minutes after someone wrote "WTB/WTS T8 for Pearl Gift" and get your Courser for 0 Pearls.

Posted (edited)

Not like @GM_Rhotaaz didn't tell people to REPORT PLAYERS DOING THIS nope not at all...

Edited by Asterotis

Posted (edited)

Not like @GM_Rhotaaz didn't tell people to REPORT PLAYERS DOING THIS nope not at all...

Greetings Adventures,

At Kakao Games we look to promote a safe and friendly gaming environment and create a place where everyone can enjoy Black Desert Online to the fullest. Part of our policies to ensure this means we do not tolerate players scamming each other. In the past, we have dealt swiftly with several exploits and punished players harshly for in game scams. Such as deceiving players into sending out Gift Letter of Repayments.

Recently, we’ve become aware of players making deals using the gifting system to offer incentives for placing items on the market place. We would like to offer some transparency on our policies for this.

Example:

Player 1 has told Player 2 that he will gift him 1 Horse Armor Set and 2 Pets if Player 2 lists a Dandelion Longsword on the Market Place.  Player 2 requires the pearl items be sent to him before he lists the item, Player 1 agrees and sends the items.

The gifting system is intended as a way to give items to your friends or loved ones. It is not supposed to be a means to facilitate in game trading. However, since at every stage of the transaction, our normal mechanics are being used, if done honestly, we do not consider this to be a violation of the terms of use.

We want to remind you, there are multiple problems with making this kind of deal. Firstly, even if both parties do everything in their power to make it work, there is no way to be certain the intended person will receive the item from the market place. Secondly, not everyone is honest and people will try to scam you! We strongly urge you not to arrange such a deal unless you are willing to take the risk of losing all of the items involved.

Additionally, anybody caught scamming other players, will have their accounts suspended and all gains removed. This could include item deletion or even downgrading your gear.

Items and/or pearls will not be restored to the gifting player.

We hope this clears up the questions you may have had about these transactions and once again urge you to avoid risking such deals.

He said to report players that are scamming people by not posting the in game items after they've received the pearl items.

Nothing about what the OP is complaining about is against the terms of service. In general s/he is fed up with people expecting pearls in exchange for the most coveted items in the game. This will not change either unless Kakao changes their stance on this, or disables the pearl item gifting feature again.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken