• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

When will the Dark Knight awakening come out?

92 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I been playing BDO (On the European servers) for just over a week or two as a Dark knight and I'm curious as to if there's been any information at all on the release date of the awakening?

I know on the Korean version of BDO the Dark Knight class got its awakening about a month or so after it's initial release, so will that be the same for the North America and European version?

Edited by unheardwolf

Posted

No one knows for sure of course but one would assume. 

Posted

Ah I see, though considering what I heard about the Korean version got it about a month (Maybe just a bit over, not 100% certain.) we'll just have to hope it'll be sometime towards the end of March or early April.

Okay quick update whilst playing, I heard that the Dark Knights awakening is never coming out, though of course I'm taking this with a pinch of salt but I do want to know if this is correct, I mean it would be unbalanced for all classes to have an awakening but Dark Knight.

Posted

Okay quick update whilst playing, I heard that the Dark Knights awakening is never coming out, though of course I'm taking this with a pinch of salt but I do want to know if this is correct, I mean it would be unbalanced for all classes to have an awakening but Dark Knight.

Stop trolling or use your brain to not get so easily trolled.

Posted

Stop trolling or use your brain to not get so easily trolled.

I apologise for it to appear as me trolling I should of mentioned that multiple players stated it in-game so it wasn't misinterpreted as me myself saying that. 

Posted

I apologise for it to appear as me trolling I should of mentioned that multiple players stated it in-game so it wasn't misinterpreted as me myself saying that. 

20 people per day ask exact same question in general chat and people tend to get fed up :)

Anyway Kr had 4-5 weeks before DK awakening was released so expect the same if not longer for us.

it will give you time getting familiar with the preawakened class, maybe get ur self a lucky drop from Harpia and prepare mats for enchanting.

This delay is a good choice from publisher not to rush and let player prepare a bit.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ah I see why people get fed up now, though hopefully the devs shed some light on the release date on awakening. :)

However after searching around for a little bit I found a thread which mentioned the Korean release date of Dark Knight and then the Awakening release date. Dark Knight came out on 22nd of December in the Korean version and then on the 19th of January the awakening came out, so hopefully we should see it by the end of the month.

Posted

Am I really the only one playing DK who is not in a hurry to get awakening? I'm actually really happy it's not here atm and I hope it will take a few weeks. I will probably do something different than grinding once it will be here since all that hype - will need a few weeks for this to calm down.

Posted

Am I really the only one playing DK who is not in a hurry to get awakening? I'm actually really happy it's not here atm and I hope it will take a few weeks. I will probably do something different than grinding once it will be here since all that hype - will need a few weeks for this to calm down.

I always take my time. 55-56 took me around a week on Olvia channels with 2 different chars each cause i can't grind for long before i simply hate it. Same with DK, took me around a week to 55 and 5 days later i am 30% to 56. I just like doing everything so life skilling, especially hunting whales and fishing hotspots on the way is what i enjoy.

Once Awakening releases i will level to 56 if i am still not there at that time but after that, back to my everyday routine

1 person likes this

Posted

I gotta lvl up till 55 but that's bout it - I'm at lvl 50 wondering where to go now :D

Posted

I'm so bored of pre-awakening that I'm feeling that pull back to my old mains. Granted, one is the sorc which I haven't played since last year. Just...this current DK is too slow and dull for me. I've got a 57 witch and sorc. The sorc is infinitely more fluid with awakening than the DK, and the witch hits a hell of a lot harder and wider. They both have better sustain and survivability all around, and did before awakening at that. DK just isn't giving me the fluidity or the impact without awakening that I want, so I'm thinking I'm going to park it at 56 and go back to my other characters until further notice. I can only hope that Awakening even resolves these matters...

Personally, I'm really hoping they put out the awakening today, but I know that's almost definitely not happening.

Posted

I would suppose a months time, so maybe 2-3 more weeks, would make sense. They would have to release Kamasylvia at the same time as, correct me if I am wrong, the awakening quest for the DK involves going to Kama to complete

Posted

I'm so bored of pre-awakening that I'm feeling that pull back to my old mains. Granted, one is the sorc which I haven't played since last year. Just...this current DK is too slow and dull for me. I've got a 57 witch and sorc. The sorc is infinitely more fluid with awakening than the DK, and the witch hits a hell of a lot harder and wider. They both have better sustain and survivability all around, and did before awakening at that. DK just isn't giving me the fluidity or the impact without awakening that I want, so I'm thinking I'm going to park it at 56 and go back to my other characters until further notice. I can only hope that Awakening even resolves these matters...

Personally, I'm really hoping they put out the awakening today, but I know that's almost definitely not happening.

We all hope they push the awakening today, but we know that they won't. I got my DK to 57 and decided to work on earrings to increase gearscore. At 57 the DK learns some pretty nifty flows, so I would suggest trying to drag her to 57 before awakening. And then anything higher will be a cakewalk!

Posted

I don't like awakening. The last 3 classes I played, awakening changed the play style so much I stopped playing them and they are now just storage alts.

Since I like DK quite a lot, I am hoping for never on awakening, but oh well.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well you will be disappointed because DK becomes a medium to long ranged dark magic user with awaken, pre-awaken is more of a mobility tool after awakening.

Edited by Kagare

Posted

The number of lifeskillers on these forums is obscene tbh.

"I hope awakening would never come out" - clearly shows you are just either a fishing buddy or you have no idea / interest in pvp. DK's might be one (if not THE) strongest of pre-awakening classes and it's more or less valid as of now, however without the superarmors, iframes and damage that awakening supplies this class is useless in medium / large scale battles. If you engage, expect to be lieing on your back within 1 second vs semi-oriented people that ain't braindead.

Source: Level 59 DK with 520+ Gearscore doing Sieges

1 person likes this

Posted

I mainly do bosses so the damage boost from awakening would be very useful! :P 

Posted

My odds are on the end of the Dark Seal event for awakening, which is the end of March

Posted (edited)

Realy hope it will be this week... 

Edited by Balvor

Posted

You can see new map in mini map and I hope it will  come next week.

17390808_1411439628900499_3409106971093065719_o.jpg

Posted

The number of lifeskillers on these forums is obscene tbh.

"I hope awakening would never come out" - clearly shows you are just either a fishing buddy or you have no idea / interest in pvp. DK's might be one (if not THE) strongest of pre-awakening classes and it's more or less valid as of now, however without the superarmors, iframes and damage that awakening supplies this class is useless in medium / large scale battles. If you engage, expect to be lieing on your back within 1 second vs semi-oriented people that ain't braindead.

Source: Level 59 DK with 520+ Gearscore doing Sieges

No. I'm a fricken' life skiller and I cant stand playing non-awakened classes. It's to frustrating, when you're used to Ferrari type gameplay on any awakened class melting mobs like a knife through butter.

You're easily interrupted, cc'ed and with mediocre dmg. You cant defend yourself against equally geared players and you get out-farmed by plebs dashing around doing double  dmg with half your gear pressing 2 buttons. Why would anyone want to endure that non-awakened crap any longer than needed?

It's basically idiots asking for delayed DK awakening or pervs into different types of suffering, because turned on by pain and humiliation. I can assure you that majority of life skillers prefers having access to awakening lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

No. I'm a fricken' life skiller and I cant stand playing non-awakened classes. It's to frustrating, when you're used to Ferrari type gameplay on any awakened class melting mobs like a knife through butter.

You're easily interrupted, cc'ed and with mediocre dmg. You cant defend yourself against equally geared players and you get out-farmed by plebs dashing around doing double  dmg with half your gear pressing 2 buttons. Why would anyone want to endure that non-awakened crap any longer than needed?

It's basically idiots asking for delayed DK awakening or pervs into different types of suffering, because turned on by pain and humiliation. I can assure you that majority of life skillers prefers having access to awakening lol.

Git Gud.

While we are handicapped against other classes right now we are by no means screwed.  I have beaten many people equal geared in pvp.

Grinding does suck though, its not horrible, but its not amazing either.

Posted

You might want to carefully re-read what you quoted.

I'll give you the big hint on what you seem to have missed:

"
however without the superarmors, iframes and damage that awakening supplies this class is useless in medium / large scale battles."

Posted

Dark Knight is probably the best class I played to date. I can easily kill awakened Witches/Wizards/Rangers in wars, easier than I did with awakened Sorceress.
174 AP on DK with shit rings (pri blue coral lol) etc but Kzarka and Nouver, vs 165 Awakening AP on Sorc, and a lower lvl on my DK, and its much more doable. Sorceress is a really weak class imo. Skills are bugged and not working from launch in Korea (!!!).

I watched a full bossgear 200+ AP Sorceress fight my GM, no bossgear Berserker, and the Berserker won easily (just berserker things). Didn't even have to heal. The Sorc then tried to fight a Wiz and lost just as hard. And in general Sorceress just feel really weak unless you are lvl 60 and 250 AP or something. I can do more on my lvl 56 non awakened DK than I ever could on my 57 awakened Sorceress.

Posted

The crazy part? Both my wiz and dk are 57. My wiz can clear super fast pve, but I constantly lose in pvp against a couple guildies. Once I switched over to 57 dk, I am winning most of my fights. Only one I can't beat at all is my fiancee, which is the guild leader.