• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The top 2% has more wealth in BDO than the bottom 98%

55 posts in this topic

Posted

I was curious how the wealth is distributed among players, so I exchanged my silver into gold bars as the wealth ranking only watches silver. Then I incrementally exchanged it back and watched my wealth rank go up from E grade to #2. You can see on the attached image how unevenly the wealth is distributed. The end result is in the title: the 2% has as much wealth as the bottom 98%. The whole report can be read here. I also have a "how to get rich" guide!

wealthres.png

10 people like this

Posted

Wealth is per channel...

2 people like this

Posted

lol. Id be more concerned about wealth inequality in real life.

18 people like this

Posted

Wealth in this game fluctuates so much so it's hard to gauge

ive gone from 5bil to 100mil in a day, basically all wealth measures is how many people hoard their silver instead of spending it on gear upgrades

3 people like this

Posted

Murica 

Posted

Interesting little experiment. *Thumbs Up*

1 person likes this

Posted

some people wear 10-15 bil in gear and have 50 mil to their name 

not everyone is a life skilling noob that just collects silver with no intention of spending it 

6 people like this

Posted

wealth is a meaningless measure imo. just shows how many people hoard their silver instead of spending it

2 people like this

Posted

I'm wearing gear worth 6 bil that I spent 12 bil on... Does that count?

1 person likes this

Posted

I was curious how the wealth is distributed among players, so I exchanged my silver into gold bars as the wealth ranking only watches silver. Then I incrementally exchanged it back and watched my wealth rank go up from E grade to #2. You can see on the attached image how unevenly the wealth is distributed. The end result is in the title: the 2% has as much wealth as the bottom 98%. The whole report can be read here. I also have a "how to get rich" guide!

wealthres.png

Congratulations to BDO on having a wealth gap between the uber-rich and everyone else that is far smaller than the one that exists in real life. Apparently the wealthmongers here are total noobs.

3 people like this

Posted

Case in point 3 months ago I first page with 3 Bill and 100/160

Now I'm 500 gs dot with 2 mill to my name

Posted

If I hoarded all my silver I would look like the top 2% but I used it to improve my character some players are hoarding with no intention of spending it.

Posted

This is exactly this broken RNG what people complain from the begining - some people grind hours on the spot and get nothing while somebody other (usually 1-2 same people) getting rare drops all the time. There are people who does nothing but raid bosses and have everything, while other did not saw boss box on eyes.

Some people simply are blessed by RNG, here theory about hidden luck stat is very probable.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is exactly this broken RNG what people complain from the begining - some people grind hours on the spot and get nothing while somebody other (usually 1-2 same people) getting rare drops all the time. There are people who does nothing but raid bosses and have everything, while other did not saw boss box on eyes.

Some people simply are blessed by RNG, here theory about hidden luck stat is very probable.

RNG isnt RNG if there's a hidden luck stat. Most people just come up with weird hypothesis. There will always be those couple of people that are incredibly lucky. 

Posted

RNG isnt RNG if there's a hidden luck stat. Most people just come up with weird hypothesis. There will always be those couple of people that are incredibly lucky. 

Ofc it is still RNG. RNG is supposed to simulate random events, and problem is the algorithm is obviously broken. Existence of incredibly lucky and and unlucky means the system is broken. In real world you can be lucky in gambling once, even few times in a row but you can not be all the time. And people who think otherwise lost entire fortunes in the past (and that is reason gambling is illegal in many countries).

Posted

your graph assumes there is an even distribution of players based on the grade 

your math is flawed 

there could well be 90% of the player population in the B rank grade alone 

Posted

where is bernie when you needed him the most?

Posted

I volunteer and im open for donations from this day on to "fix" this outrageous unfairness.

lets all work together and make bdo a better place!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ofc it is still RNG. RNG is supposed to simulate random events, and problem is the algorithm is obviously broken. Existence of incredibly lucky and and unlucky means the system is broken. In real world you can be lucky in gambling once, even few times in a row but you can not be all the time. And people who think otherwise lost entire fortunes in the past (and that is reason gambling is illegal in many countries).

Everyone has their luck in their own hand... In my guild my mates also complain about me being "so damn lucky" because after playing a year now i have dropped 3 kzarka, 2 dande, 1 tree spirit armor, 1 red nose armor, 1 kutum box and 1 nouver box. But the thing is, i usually try to go to every possible boss spawn where my mates just don't go to bosses that often, even if they are online at the time and active. Same goes for marketplace trades. Though there i am pretty lucky since my duo kutum ornamental knot for DK was put up around 9am where i was at my pc waiting for my  time to go to work. At 9am there are only a few people bidding on such items.

Also... this wealth topic, even though its nice, is pretty much pointless.

Edited by Micariel

Posted

because of investment bank!

Posted

lol. Id be more concerned about wealth inequality in real life.

He's a goblin. There are no goblins irl, hence he discovers the many different fantasy worlds economics.

1 person likes this

Posted

very interesting analisys.. tx for doing it

I think something similar but not at 2%

Posted

Welcome to Capitalism 101.

In this lecture we will try to explain how this happens...

Money begets money. Thats it. The more you have the easier it is to get more.

Tadaa

Posted (edited)

Not sure if relevant, since half the people on wealth rank are life skillers with crap gear lol.

Marjory of players "wear" their wealth.

When I have around 2 billion laying around, I'm usually as high as number 1 or 2 on the wealth rank on most channels. But that's pocket change, compared to the value of top players gear. I mean, just their TRI Ogre is worth more than all my silver.

Edited by Solsi
edit
1 person likes this

Posted

Nice analysis but silver in storage doesnt equal your value as gear isnt counted in any way. I would rather have TRI Ogre than 3b in storage while others would choose the other way around and just hoard silver :)

1 person likes this