• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I really wish we weren't forced to use awakening weapons to be competitive.

47 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This seems absurd to me, a class sells you on one thing and then drastically changes, in some cases to what might as well be a completely different class (like ranger, going from ranged to melee)... Why? Why can't we just use the weapon and playstyle we want without being massively penalized for it?

I didn't expect the damage difference between awakening and not to be this absurd back when I bought the game at launch (and quit for a while shortly after for various non-game related reasons), and now I come back and feel like I have to flat out reroll because my class basically doesn't exist anymore post 56.

This is some BS... Awakening should have been an optional alternate playstyle, not a forced change... as it is now on the couple of classes I play I use my default weapon for one or two abilities and then I have to use awakening for any real damage.

Edited by Divenity
10 people like this

Posted

The devs actually agree with you and this is something pearl abyss has said they'd like changed

2 people like this

Posted

The Ranger one is a bit weird, though it's absurdly strong. I actually love the Awakening weapons on my Musa and Wizard. Very fun. To each their own though.

Posted

The devs actually agree with you and this is something pearl abyss has said they'd like changed

I'd appreciate a source on that, because it's about all that will keep me from just forgetting this game ever existed at this point.

Posted

Berserker's still use quite a bit of their pre awakened kit, some classes like musa/maewha pretty much live in their awakening due to the complete lack of superarmor on their pre awakened kit.  Unfortunately this game has devolved into 1 cc and you're dead so you're required to stay in superarmor/block

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I dont understand why they couldn't just add more skills or something.

Posted

I'd appreciate a source on that, because it's about all that will keep me from just forgetting this game ever existed at this point.

http://dulfy.net/2017/01/21/black-desert-devs-talks-about-second-awakening-and-console/

basically theyre talking about adding a "second awakening" for the mainland because awakened skills are too strong and they want to make unawakened viable...they haven't talked a whole lot about how it would work but they DO feel the same as you and would like to make it where you aren't forced into fighting with awakenings a majority of the time

Posted (edited)

I can confirm for you that they've talked about actually buffing/"Awakening" the mainhand weapon to put it up to snuff with the current Awakening weapons. 

Edit: Saw Reave711 posted this. 

http://dulfy.net/2017/01/21/black-desert-devs-talks-about-second-awakening-and-console/

basically theyre talking about adding a "second awakening" for the mainland because awakened skills are too strong and they want to make unawakened viable...they haven't talked a whole lot about how it would work but they DO feel the same as you and would like to make it where you aren't forced into fighting with awakenings a majority of the time

Edited by Ayl

Posted

Thank you.

Posted

My zerkers pre awakening is pretty viable :^3

In fact, his pre awakening is better than most awakening xD

Posted

Yeah it sucks to be ranger cuz our awk is sh1t.   I picked this class because I wanted to play ranged DPS not some close range BS.

2 people like this

Posted

awakening made a casual game even more casual. awakening change the game in a bad way

2 people like this

Posted

I like the awakening for the extra skills it gives, but I hate that it homogenized the classes rather than amplifying what made them unique.

2 people like this

Posted

Ninja awakening is fun to play as you switch alot between SS and SK. Hard as tits as you need to pull of many combos for dank damages

Posted

they are making a "2nd awakening", which is rumored to buff the non awakening skills to be on par with awakening skills. idk when this will be implemented, but there was a talk about this like 2 months ago.

Posted

This seems absurd to me, a class sells you on one thing and then drastically changes, in some cases to what might as well be a completely different class (like ranger, going from ranged to melee)... Why? Why can't we just use the weapon and playstyle we want without being massively penalized for it?

I didn't expect the damage difference between awakening and not to be this absurd back when I bought the game at launch (and quit for a while shortly after for various non-game related reasons), and now I come back and feel like I have to flat out reroll because my class basically doesn't exist anymore post 56.

This is some BS... Awakening should have been an optional alternate playstyle, not a forced change... as it is now on the couple of classes I play I use my default weapon for one or two abilities and then I have to use awakening for any real damage.

OP before awakening and OP after.

Ranger tears are crocodile as -----. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

awakening made a casual game even more casual. awakening change the game in a bad way

that's the devs fault for making awakening ridiculously strong instead of just add another weapon to open up even more the gameplay possibilities.

And that, only because they wanted to create another mandatory reason to have ppl grind, and grind, and grind...

And yeah they want to """awake"""" the base weapon, but lets see how they are going to turn that into another super grindfest 9_9

Edited by woots

Posted

Wizard and Witch awakening also changed the class to the worse. You get new spells which are all short range. The gameplay become dull, there is no more planning when to use Blizard or Meteor as you don't need them anymore. Just smash 4-5 aoes on short cd and everything die. They are stronger but gameplay got dumbed down. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Wizard and Witch awakening also changed the class to the worse. You get new spells which are all short range. The gameplay become dull, there is no more planning when to use Blizard or Meteor as you don't need them anymore. Just smash 4-5 aoes on short cd and everything die. They are stronger but gameplay got dumbed down. 

I agree with the op, but not you. Blizzard and meteor are silly spells in the first place. In a game about grinding as quickly as possible, using these buttons every other 5-10 packs isn't fun, or productive. Sure, it was cool the first few times you cast it. But they don't fit the gameplay at all. I am glad those became obsolete. The cooldowns make them completely inefficient spells for pve, and in pvp you're either never getting off a good one due to the fact that players aren't going to stand still for 5 seconds to take full damage, or they are killing you before the damage goes off. And when it gets to the point that you can consistently pull it off in pvp, it becomes broken and imbalanced.

It's either inefficient, or imbalanced with these big cds. There is no middle ground.

I DO miss my main hand kit though. Chain lightning was so strong for levelling and it just becomes completely useless later. I love the spell (along with a few others in the base kit). I would never think about speccing back into them now, though.

2 people like this

Posted

I agree! I grew to love using bow as a ranger! Q canceling backwards and forwards was rly fun. Now the awakening is just another boring melee class. It is rly strong but still if I wanted to be melee i wouldn't have picked a class with a bow!! 

Posted

Flowbie planning where to use Blizard, Meteor and Lightning ultimate was part of tactic which is just gone. Blizard is pretty strong in Sausans. I also liked Chain light with mana and hp leach also other spells as well, there was variety which is gone with awakening just smash 5 buttons and that's all. 

Posted

Yeah it sucks to be ranger cuz our awk is sh1t.   I picked this class because I wanted to play ranged DPS not some close range BS.

I completely understand the desire to be mostly ranged DPS and the wish that our awakening contributed to that.

However, the awakening isn't bad, its actually quite strong. And most talented rangers still utilize the bow in PvP.

1 person likes this

Posted

just stay lvl 49 then.

giphy.gif

Posted

Flowbie planning where to use Blizard, Meteor and Lightning ultimate was part of tactic which is just gone. Blizard is pretty strong in Sausans. I also liked Chain light with mana and hp leach also other spells as well, there was variety which is gone with awakening just smash 5 buttons and that's all. 

I don't know about planning...drop it on the biggest packs in your rotation and move on.

Rather than reiterate my original thoughts, I will say that it can't change. The thing that makes Wizard/witch valuable is that we have big AOE/damage in general. We are the definition of a damage class. As such, we sort of lack mobility and survivability. If our awakening didn't do what it does currently, we would be useless. We don't have the mobility that the other dps classes have (tele is decent but nothing compared to blader, ninja, etc). We also don't have the tankiness of other the bruiser-like classes. All we have is this big aoe mechanic, really. If meteor, blizzzard, etc were still viable in awakening, it would mean that our awakening skills are subpar. We would then be a pointless class.

Posted

if they could tone down awakenings n buff pre awak then all classes surely would be alot more interesting. Imagine wiz ligthing+residual ligthing combo being twice as fast casttime with a slice of superarmor ontop

1 person likes this