• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

To avoid forum clutter we will use this forum topic to discuss the recent Cash Shop prices and all things cash shop related.  If you have not read the CBT-2 Patch Notes you can find them in the link below.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Full Costume sets are overpriced for B2P, shouldn't be over $25. 

Pets could be $5 for 1 and $15 and still have tons of people buying them. 

I want to buy $25 of pearls and actually be able to get a 3 pack of pets or a full costume, otherwise it feels like a waste. 

Edited by Miss Major
43 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'd rather things be cheaper and buy lots of things, than buy one very expensive item.

And at people saying its half the price of KR, doesnt mean its still not insanely high priced.

and my post from the other thread

"Maybe they put the prices like this to make conquers package look like a steal. Then will lower the prices once a bunch of people upgrade their pre-orders."

conspiracy_keanu.jpg

Edited by Zev
12 people like this

Posted

3 x 18 pets is 162$ thats like 200 lumber jack dollars here in Canada.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Cheaper. You've turned into ''we what your money. PAY FOR STATS.'' 

Edited by Marijuoanna

Posted

I'd rather things be cheaper and buy lots of things, than buy one very expensive item.

And at people saying its half the price of KR, doesnt mean its still not insanely high priced.

They are about 3x the price of where they should be even for the high end, it should actually be slightly lower than 1/3rd the current prices.

I mean we already paid for the game charging 2-3x times what we already paid to get 2-3 costumes that are CHARACTER LOCKED is beyond horrible.

17 people like this

Posted (edited)

Pets are overpriced AF, 27$ for 3.

40$ in CAD.

Why is Canada getting shafted for the lack of maple syrup it ships to Daum.

An issue very few mention is the underwear, an appearance item that costs 7$ and other players cannot see it on your character, toggling "Display lingerie"  only lets you the user see it, the game force's other players to see your normal costume and not your sexy lingerie contrary to what is displayed on your screen.

A visual toggle for Lingerie, for the sake of immersion of other players who aren't interested should be added, or a better solution if there are better ideas.

Edited by CriticalCore
Added invisible underwear thread.
18 people like this

Posted

I can understand why they are priced at what they are, games aren't cheap to make or maintain.  Selling more at a lesser price doesn't necessarily mean the game can survive; we seen plenty of MMOs cave with their less expensive cash shops so lot of good that did them.  I'm Canadian so I'm paying even more than what you guys see as high but I can understand why it's priced at what it is currently.

1 person likes this

Posted

I vote no one spends the free money they gave us, the prices are too high to even use that.

12 people like this

Posted

Prices are really unpleasant seeing as not even the 2,500 pearls you get from the conquerors package is enough to purchase a full armor/weapon set.

36 people like this

Posted (edited)

About what I was expecting. Korean game is Korean. At least the luck undies and pets are the only things I feel the urge to spend on.

EDIT: Nothing from the cash shop should be character locked though. If I spend real money on it, I should be able to move it to any character I want, any time I want. It's really unfair to those of us who play lots of characters.

Edited by Naturallog
18 people like this

Posted

In KR, a Ghillie suit is 440 pearls. In NA, its 3200 pearls.

16 people like this

Posted

Costumes are too overpriced... $32 for a costume and weapon is more than the base game!  Everything in general just looks a tad overpriced... People might not buy anything because it's so expensive.

9 people like this

Posted

It's way expensive considering:

-Buy to play game

-In-game "gear" appearance is so underwhelming compared to cash shop costumes that you have no real options

Kind of feels like a major cash grab and a punch in the face

19 people like this

Posted

Prices are really unpleasant seeing as not even the 2,500 pearls you get from the conquerors package is enough to purchase a full armor/weapon set.

I was naive to think that the 2,500 pearls would be enough for a costume + one pet, I was way off there. I now know why they're only giving us one conqueror's costume. 

2 people like this

Posted

The only reasonably priced things are the dye boxes. And maybe some of the expansion slot stuff. Maybe. Costumes costing more than the game? I have no words for that. Definitely won't be buying any additional pets at this price either. If I feel like the one from the pre-order isn't sufficient enough to not feel like I'm at a disadvantage, I guess I'll just have to stop playing.

4 people like this

Posted

It's way expensive considering:

-Buy to play game

-In-game "gear" appearance is so underwhelming compared to cash shop costumes that you have no real options

Kind of feels like a major cash grab and a punch in the face

Sounds like a sustainable business plan; they just need to get the prices right.  

4 people like this

Posted

Costumes are way too over price for a game you already pay for, I refuse to pay more than 20$ for a costumes, and only if it is really cool like I still wish the option of getting a cheaper one.

Please re-consider the prices for the launch, other wise huge disappointment!!

6 people like this

Posted

The only reasonably priced things are the dye boxes.

Random one-use dyes should be purchased for silver. If I spend money on dye I would expect to get an endless bottle of exactly the color I want. And be able to use it on all my characters.

I had enough of the RNG dye from Vindictus, let's not start bad cash shop policies in this game as well.

9 people like this

Posted

Won't be buying 80% of the stuff I had planned now that I see the ridiculous prices you are trying to charge.  

7 people like this

Posted

We get 2500 pearls when we preorder conquerors pack. I feel a full set costume should be at max 2500 pearls in my opinion.

15 people like this

Posted

Sounds like a sustainable business plan; they just need to get the prices right.  

It's not supposed to be sustainable. the whole point is to cash grab and drain the whales. It was a good decision on their part

1 person likes this

Posted

I was naive to think that the 2,500 pearls would be enough for a costume + one pet, I was way off there. I now know why they're only giving us one conqueror's costume. 

Same here, 2,500 should get me both considering that later I'll get boring and may invest another 25$ for another costume and pet.

3 people like this

Posted

In KR, a Ghillie suit is 440 pearls. In NA, its 3200 pearls.

Both versions use a different metric for pearls. For example 800 pearls in KR is around 50 usd and 3200 pearls here is 32 usd

That said, yes the pricing for pets and costumes (maybe horse costumes as well) is too high. When you can't even get a full costume set for the pearls in the Conq package, the prices are too high. And as people pointed out to get tier 3 pets is extremely expensive.

2 people like this