• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

I am fine with the price, it's the lack of value and the high price that will stop me from purchasing.

Get rid of classlocks on costumes and make them account wide with the ability to claim unlimited copies or store them outside of the bank or player inventory.

If you did that I would even pay 50 per outfit.

Dyes need to be permanent and account wide.  Single use rng boxes I will never touch.  I tried it in beta and didn't get the colours I wanted let alone 15+ I would need for a costume.

Mounts should be the same as "costumes".  Give me an account wide option even if it will double the cost.

You joking right? I wouldn't buy costume or anything like that for price that I normally buy brand new games. Looks like you are madman or have no idea what to do with money.

Posted (edited)

Did they forget that MICRO-transactions are moneyprinting machines? It's a psychological game; all they need to do is play it

edit to clarify: people will end up dropping more than 30 on costumes if each costume isn't 30.

Edited by cheddar

Posted

You joking right? I wouldn't buy costume or anything like that for price that I normally buy brand new games. Looks like you are madman or have no idea what to do with money.

no, account wide adds a massive amount of value to an item.  Remove the class restrictions on outfits and give me an account wide unlock and they will see me purchasing costumes, mounts, etc quite often, even if it costs 50 dollars per account wide item.

Posted (edited)

Do you agree, that we both cannot proof our points of view. Hence, we must accept, that we differ in our opinions on these matters?

No. I've already given an example based on numbers admitted by Blizzard. There's at least something to base my claims off of. While it should be assumed that Daum's servers won't be as cost-efficient, simply do to matters of scale, the fact that the player base is so much smaller should keep running the game off of the initial purchase alone well within Daum's budget while providing a healthy profit for quite a while. Burden of proof lies upon you for the suggestion of BDO's bandwidth costs being significantly higher.

That is snobbish sobbing most of the time. Most people will pay. And if they buy only one part of the set each month, that is also okay.

I won't. The people on the forums dedicated to the game might, but I imagine that there's already a sizeable portion like myself who have mostly written this game off in its entirety already. The major concern is that most people won't pay, that most will get fed up the moment they see those ridiculous prices, or become aware of the mediocre deal they get with the buy-in package. And if that starts to push into Daum's projections, you can expect the game to fall apart further and further towards P2W that we have another Archeage on our hands.

With the way things are going now, with no signs of improvement, I have to say that I'm here mostly for curiosity in how BDO ends up collapsing upon itself (as the current state of affairs is actually really interesting from a narrative standpoint, if slightly depressing), rather than interest left in playing the game itself (but hey, if the managers listen and actually do something good, cool new game to buy, win-win for me).

Edited by Weather-----

Posted

It does.

i thought so. you can buy dye with mileage currency. 

i find it problematic that we have such a great game just around the corner and all anyone can talk about is dresses and making their booties match. 

Posted

no, account wide adds a massive amount of value to an item.  Remove the class restrictions on outfits and give me an account wide unlock and they will see me purchasing costumes, mounts, etc quite often, even if it costs 50 dollars per account wide item.

To my country standards it's sick. And damn costume still isn't worth same as whole game. Also consider not everyone will be playing on 235872635 diffrent characters. Even if, not always use same costume for every single character. But if you insist then go ahead buy pants for price of ferrari... -_-

Posted

i thought so. you can buy dye with mileage currency. 

i find it problematic that we have such a great game just around the corner and all anyone can talk about is dresses and making their booties match. 

Because this is how DAUM will make money in the future. Box sales are over -> cash shop sales = income. 

People want this game to succeed -> people tell DAUM how to improve stuff.

To my country standards it's sick. And damn costume still isn't worth same as whole game. Also consider not everyone will be playing on 235872635 diffrent characters. Even if, not always use same costume for every single character. But if you insist then go ahead buy pants for price of ferrari... -_-

It would be nice if the costume was like 15€ for ONE character and 25-30€ for the whole Account -> both sides could buy how they want it.

Posted

It would be nice if the costume was like 15€ for ONE character and 25-30€ for the whole Account -> both sides could buy how they want it.

Yea that's more like it, but not 30 or 50! Guy up there is definetly nuts.

Posted

Because this is how DAUM will make money in the future. Box sales are over -> cash shop sales = income. 

People want this game to succeed -> people tell DAUM how to improve stuff.

i simply dont feel the cash shop or prices need improvement.

Posted

yeah I'm an altaholic.  They need to create separate price systems.  Base price, then account wide unlock price.

Posted

So I heard cash shop will be open from March 3 instead of March 10? Is this true?

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska My suggestion to make the game better at release :

Cash Shop

- reduces Cash Shop prices or remove ALL buff/bonus stats on costumes/underwear/pets...

- remove the boat/wagon licence when we bought their skins

- remove Ghillie suit or make it available only on game

- pets should be available only on game

Game 

- add more reset skill in game by "hard" quests or npc

- disable potions in arena

- energy system is crap, we spend to much energy and we can't regen when we are log out.

Edited by Grimbergen

Posted

So I heard cash shop will be open from March 3 instead of March 10? Is this true?

03.03| 08:00 UTC
• Hard Launch for everyone who purchased the game will begin
• Cash Shop will be opened

1 person likes this

Posted

My bad I'll look into it.

edit: In my thread I found 1 person (you) who somehow got a T1 from 2 T1's. Out of like 5 pages worth. Sorry for missing it. I tried to keep track of everyone.

If you got T1 from 2x T1's you must be very unlucky. D:

It's all part of my cunning plan you see. If I use all my bad luck up in the beta then when I upgrade weapons it will work every time!

(I know the maths behind this may be somewhat incorrect)

Posted

03.03| 08:00 UTC
• Hard Launch for everyone who purchased the game will begin
• Cash Shop will be opened

Thanks man!

Posted

STO does ship purchases with account wide unlock for 30 bucks with no problems.

And they even do three packs for 50 when the new ships release, then later up it to 60.

I have known LOTS of people that have purchased ships with no intention of actually using except for the admiralty system (which I personally just don't understand).

Single character unlocks should be 10 for costume and 15 for costume+weapons in my opinion.

Pets should be a dime a dozen (not literally, just meaning REALLY cheap).

Dyes should be account permanent unlocks with a reduction in price.  And yes they should be sellable on the AH because people are going to get TONS of doubles.

Everything should see a reduction in price, but not some "hai look gaize we slashed the prices by 10-15% because we care so much!".

Jorm

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I sincerely hope DAUM/PA work together and respond to the player feedback on cash shop prices in a reasonable manner. It feels like an overwhelming amount of players consider the current prices to be too high, especially if you compare to other cash shop markets where costumes and pets run between $5-15 (and come with perks like being account bound, tradeable, loot actions, etc.). Right now the two games I know with a pretty successful cash shop are League of Legends and Guild Wars 2, and I've spent way more money over the years than I thought I would on a game because the purchases come at $8-12 intervals.

My only fear with DAUM/PA agreeing to lower prices is that we'll enter the realm of RNG boxes. 

Already available on KR, where prices are even higher than ours. Price of items will not impact their decision to include these in our version - greed and the desire to turn a quick profit over long-term sustainable income will.

Edited by Thaiden
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Already available on KR, where prices are even higher than ours. Price of items will not impact their decision to include these in our version - greed and the desire to turn a quick profit over long-term sustainable income will.

the prices on the KR servers are not more expensive.  If you use the rate of exchange between the Won and US Dollar, then convert that to pearls, the cash shop prices are very similar if not cheaper in Korea (mainly due to older items in KR being on sale but those same items being new to the NA/EU and character slots).

A lot of people reporting that it costs more in Korea were adding in third party costs to convert their money to won.

Edited by illgot
1 person likes this

Posted

I cant afford it so you cant have it either , entitled generation.

Anyone can afford it (except those poor people in Romania), we just don't want to overpay. Just because you can afford to overpay for something doesn't mean you should. Go away troll.

6 people like this

Posted

I cant afford it so you cant have it either , entitled generation.

That is not at all what anyone said here.

It's more like: 30 euro for a single character-bound costume is way overpriced. No digital costume is worth that much money, no matter how rich you are. People who have even the slightest bit of a clue on the value of money and the value of digital goods will agree to that, no matter how rich they are.

1 person likes this

Posted

3 people like this

Posted

i dont think its that important if a costume costs $10 or $30, unless it gives you gamplay advantages.

if it gives gameplay advantages, what already totally sucks, it got to be effortable by everyone.

unless you want to play a game everyone calls p2w

Posted

We will be still free loaders for those who aren't blessed with common sense.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just didnt like how PVT Wiggles seemed unwlling to outright call it P2W. Lazy seemed to keep pointing out you are paying for stats and items that could not be achieved in game which makes them all Pay to Win, Its just a matter of how severe. I would view a 20% XP gain on mounts which are vital to a large portion of the game as Pay2Win. 7%XP gains from combat are pretty decent but it seems more like a convenience, reaching level 55-60 quickly doesnt change much.

The paid for pets, mounts and ships are the worst as it has the greatest possibility of affecting monetary gains which will affect the ability of guilds to wage wars, pay for bounties and obtain more. That is completely Pay 2 Win. Anyone purchasing all of the various types of pets will be at a distinct advantage.

Everyone complaining about the price on the clothing with complaints of them being cosmetic shop items seem not to understand that those items come with stats so it changes the cost because they indeed do have stats. For the Mounts a +500 stamina set affect is huge.

3 people like this

Posted

Pre-orders are over in less than 19 hours and still nothing has been said... Much sad. So disappointment. Wow.

1 person likes this