• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

Seems we're getting the good part of the deal, i don't really forsee a company cutting down their prices even future than almost a 100% on their prices (like costumes).

Besides, 32$ isn't really expensive, sure you can't buy all of them right away.. but over time and the year it shouldn't really pose much of a financial burden.

What worries me mostly about prices is dyes thou, unless their permanent rather than 1 use..that could get -very- expensive quickly.

that being said, i agree with whomever said, that those colors are painful for the eyes...going to edit to edit the format to remove the painful colors from the post

Sadly the most likely truth.

Posted (edited)

That seems kind of drastic, you do realize if there's not enough income supporting the game, they'll just shut down the server and thus we get no game...

It's a Cost/profit concept, if their not getting anyone to buy from the CS, the game isn't producing income, if it doesn't produce steadily income from all of us, then the game shuts down.

I can't really say that 9$ for a pet is something not everyone can afford, i mean it's basically a few burgers in term of price.

no, if (and this won't happen because people do not have that much self control) the cash shop sales are lower than expected, Daum will increase the value of the items by either lowering the prices or altering their functionality (making them account wide).

They made millions just from preorders, they aren't going to abandon the market because they can't make the insane margins they are looking for (considering Daum is only paying licensing fees and not development costs).

Edited by illgot
2 people like this

Posted

Posted (edited)

@White_NO

No, why, You think they will rather die then lower the prices? :D That would be drastic , and suicidal :D, trust me they will change their mind. Other thing is that they do have other markets already to survive. We have to fight for our own.

Edited by FunkyKoval

Posted (edited)

no, if (and this won't happen because people do not have that much self control) the cash shop sales are not what they expected, they will increase the value of the items by either lowering the prices or altering their function (making them account wide).

They made millions just from preorders, they aren't going to abandon the market because they can't make the insane margins they are looking at (considering Daum is only paying licensing fees and not development costs).

Or they turn to the alternative and increase the prices and rely in the "whales" which many other companies does.. or they add P2W items to compensate and courage purchase which so many other games does.

You, just as i am making speculations based on our lack of information and knowledge about their marketing/analyst team standpoint, what we have in front of us is acceptable in my eyes (maybe not in yours) and i don't really see them reducing the prices any future... or what do you think our Korean counterpart will think when they see our prices compared to what they've had for ages?

We can estimate that whoever managed to convince their developers to cut the cost down by nearly 100% on most items from the original prices in Korea's done a good job.. do you really think they'll cut it by 200% etc?

I know if my LK came to me and told me he just altered our contract to reduce the price by 200-300% so e could make a sale I'd strangle him, as even if they have a lot of users we'd run negative net income due the increased burden it will generate more tickets, more database, and net traffic which means more resources to maintain those parts.

Edited by White_NO

Posted

no, if (and this won't happen because people do not have that much self control) the cash shop sales are lower than expected, Daum will increase the value of the items by either lowering the prices or altering their functionality (making them account wide).

They made millions just from preorders, they aren't going to abandon the market because they can't make the insane margins they are looking for (considering Daum is only paying licensing fees and not development costs).

$32 for an account bound costume seems fair.

All other items (except weapons) are interchangable betweens chars anyway.
So why make an exception with costumes, eh.

Posted

You make a valid point, and changing how the costumes are allocated it something we're more likely to get a breakthrough/changed rather than the price of it.

But i suppose that's why we have this thread pinned on the front site :) hopefully one of the GM's notice your suggestion and the guys in charge of the income believes it won't affect income negatively.

Posted

The same reason they made costumes "class based" even when it is the same costume across all classes of that sex.  So they can try and force more sales.

Posted

The same reason they made costumes "class based" even when it is the same costume across all classes of that sex.  So they can try and force more sales.

I know that this is the reason, I am only pointing out how flawed the design is. :)

Posted

Or they turn to the alternative and increase the prices and rely in the "whales" which many other companies does.. or they add P2W items to compensate and courage purchase which so many other games does.

You, just as i am making speculations based on our lack of information and knowledge about their marketing/analyst team standpoint, what we have in front of us is acceptable in my eyes (maybe not in yours) and i don't really see them reducing the prices any future... or what do you think our Korean counterpart will think when they see our prices compared to what they've had for ages?

We can estimate that whoever managed to convince their developers to cut the cost down by nearly 100% on most items from the original prices in Korea's done a good job.. do you really think they'll cut it by 200% etc?

I don't understand why there are people who have struggled so hard to have to pay more. It is a fact that prices with distance are the highest in the comparison to other b2p titles.

It is up to us whether prices remain so. Korea does not interest me, ist F2P in Korea. the prices are there by the way, although not as high as you have taught.

20000 WON = 15 Euro not 50

http://www.blackdesert-online.de/2014/12/24/black-desert-shop-online/

1 person likes this

Posted

At this point im 100% sure that we will not get any response before launch...

Thats is not good taking in mind that they tried to be transparent as they could. 

Posted (edited)

And they pay for the host fees, the CS team, the Billing/accountant team, GM team, Design/management, Translation team, Technicians, HR, Server/database admins, etc.

You got to realize running any kind of business adds a lot of package to cover the cost, so to say it's just licenses fees is a bit... ehm...wrong.

While it is true their required income is less of that of the developers whom in addition need a large development team, they are in need of income to keep the lights on.

In the end we don't know enough about their marketing strategy, but per say why costumes for instance is class based could come from the developers designing it that way.

While honestly i wish they'd cut down the prices future, especially on dyes, and consumables.. from my perspective thinking that they'll lower prices signification's appears to be a pipe dream, however trying to change for instance the costumes to be account-based is more what we can try to push daum to handle, or get dyes to be permanently, and if there's RNG involved in the dye boxes, prevent it from giving us the same dye twice.

Cost-based reduction without reducing the existing prices so to say.

Edited by White_NO

Posted

Seems we're getting the good part of the deal, i don't really forsee a company cutting down their prices even future than almost a 100% on their prices (like costumes).

Besides, 32$ isn't really expensive, sure you can't buy all of them right away.. but over time and the year it shouldn't really pose much of a financial burden.

What worries me mostly about prices is dyes thou, unless their permanent rather than 1 use..that could get -very- expensive quickly.

that being said, i agree with whomever said, that those colors are painful for the eyes...going to edit to edit the format to remove the painful colors from the post

I'm pretty sure the prices that person posted have been proven bullshit in some other posts. Their cash shop has about the same prices. Some more expensive by a few $, some less.

Posted

At this point im 100% sure that we will not get any response before launch...

Thats is not good taking in mind that they tried to be transparent as they could. 

why should Daum respond.  Smart choice is to ignore this, see how sales go the first few months, then alter the cash shop prices if need be.

Watch the sales versus what people say on the forum.

If people were adamant about lowering the prices, they would refuse to buy anything from the cash shop even using their 2500 pearls from the Conq packs.

But we all know that won't happen.  Even people like me who are against the pricing versus value will probably purchase a few things to start out.  But over time I will certainly spend less here than other games because the value here is total crap.

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure the prices that person posted have been proven bullshit in some other posts. Their cash shop has about the same prices. Some more expensive by a few $, some less.

Hm, then i am indeed incorrect if the user's prices are up in the air, still i imagine the price-cut we can receive won't be to grand, and still stand for the ideas we should pitch to Daum is how to make what we buy more permanent or usable without trying to change the prices, prices are most likely handled by an accountant/analyst, while the design is handled by someone who'd work at design.

Trying to argue with an economist is like trying swim up river, as they only see numbers.

Edited by White_NO

Posted

Daum's silence on this is quite worrying.

Let me predict few things.

1. They won't lower any costume pricing. They are going to buff bit more.

2. They would lower pricing of other items by little margin

Either way, we got massively "frucked" in the digital butts.

1 person likes this

Posted

why should Daum respond.  Smart choice is to ignore this, see how sales go the first few months, then alter the cash shop prices if need be.

Watch the sales versus what people say on the forum.

If people were adamant about lowering the prices, they would refuse to buy anything from the cash shop even using their 2500 pearls from the Conq packs.

But we all know that won't happen.  Even people like me who are against the pricing versus value will probably purchase a few things to start out.  But over time I will certainly spend less here than other games because the value here is total crap.

as i said they sould at least tell us that they read our feedback if they want to be a transparent for their community. Ofcourse they can locked themself in a closet as AA developers did and say no word and have everyone deep inside...

Anyway there was also a topic regard a cash shop boat skin and fact that this comes with a license, and CM_Jouska replied there that he will check this out. So at least we now that they just avoid this topic all day long...

I mean its their bussines i get it, they can do whatever they want with it. They can also be clear qith community about this stuff i bet that wouldnt hurt them :) 

Im not excepting that they fully change the cash shop prices but at least give us any info regard this topic. I only except that much as a customer

Posted

While it is true their required income is less of that of the developers whom in addition need a large development team, they are in need of income to keep the lights on.

Oh noes... the 'lights on' argument. Poor multi-million company need make ickle pwofit or dey go busted. Aw. Bless (no pun intended).

Give it a rest... and perhaps turn your empathy away from corporations towards your fellow consumers... profit is one thing, but there's a line where profit rises from 'necessary' through 'sufficient' and 'plentiful' to 'obscene, immoral, and unethical.' If, as consumers, we accept that 'whatever they can get away with' is acceptable, utterly-understandable and laudable capitalistic practice... then we are our own worst enemies. I would argue that THIS situation is a direct result of a general acceptance of your kind of view and argument. So we continue to reap what we sow. Or rather, I'm reaping what you sow... which kindasorta irks me somewhatlyish.

Someone mentioned the prices equate to but a few burgers (sorry for not quoting the post directly)... as if pixels can be compared to, you know, actual food required for actual life. In the 'real value' stakes... it seems we're stuffed and making the wrong kinds of analogies and comparisons. Bottom line, the prices are exorbitant, and that in comparison to like across a plethora of MMO titles. Inventory priced per slot? RNG dyes? Come on people... coffee needs smelling.

16 people like this

Posted

What most people here forgetting is that monthly income is always different from region to region. This is a major factor too.
So for someone this can be fair and for someone can be to ridiculous.

Good example is STEAM in this matter, a lot of ppl in Eastern Europe are buying keys from their local resellers and not from steam because its to high for them.

If pearls are only avaible from Daum store this will be impossible to do.

Posted

Oh noes... the 'lights on' argument. Poor multi-million company need make ickle pwofit or dey go busted. Aw. Bless (no pun intended).

Give it a rest... and perhaps turn your empathy away from corporations towards your fellow consumers... profit is one thing, but there's a line where profit rises from 'necessary' through 'sufficient' and 'plentiful' to 'obscene, immoral, and unethical.' If, as consumers, we accept that 'whatever they can get away with' is acceptable, utterly-understandable and laudable capitalistic practice... then we are our own worst enemies. I would argue that THIS situation is a direct result of a general acceptance of your kind of view and argument. So we continue to reap what we sow. Or rather, I'm reaping what you sow... which kindasorta irks me somewhatlyish.

Someone mentioned the prices equate to but a few burgers (sorry for not quoting the post directly)... as if pixels can be compared to, you know, actual food required for actual life. In the 'real value' stakes... it seems we're stuffed and making the wrong kinds of analogies and comparisons. Bottom line, the prices are exorbitant, and that in comparison to like across a plethora of MMO titles. Inventory priced per slot? RNG dyes? Come on people... coffee needs smelling.

+100 Likes!  Excellent post.

2 people like this

Posted

The thing is we can't really do anything.

If we "resist" and don't buy stuff, they might decide that it's not worth economically for them and pull out from the west.
If we do buy stuff then the prices are right.

We are trapped. Life sux. Deal with it.

Posted

The thing is we can't really do anything.

If we "resist" and don't buy stuff, they might decide that it's not worth economically for them and pull out from the west.
If we do buy stuff then the prices are right.

We are trapped. Life sux. Deal with it.

Not really, if they choose not to listen to their customers, they will damage their reputation in the West, forever.

2 people like this

Posted

Not really, if they choose not to listen to their customers, they will damage their reputation in the West, forever.

Publisher disbands and reforms under a new name with a new leadership.

its now effectively a new company..reputation is sadly not exactly a publishers worry, unless they have several games under their belt.

Daum has one.

Posted

Have you bought the game?

If you believe that...that's your concern not Daums.

no it's not, if you don't match the costumes and weapons often there's massive jarring graphical clipping issues.

that totally and completely destroys any enjoyable aesthetic. 

Posted (edited)

They've set the expectations low and the masses went with it - missing the bigger picture and focusing on random details. 

They initially promised the costumes would be cosmetic only as well, but they're not. Those 'small, convenience' boosts make a big difference in the long run in a game without a real level cap. And the proposed prices are on par with the F2P version of the game in Korea. 
Like paying 30-50-100 euros for an incomplete game and needing to buy the rest of my crippled inventory space isn't enough, we have to then buy pets and costumes for 30 euros that give in-game bonuses. 

In BDO RU (subscription based) the cash shop stuff is sold for silver as well, so ideally we'd have them available for silver or loyalty in our version (all of them, everything). 
Oh, and as far as I remember, they said the costumes/pets won't be tradeable just for a while after launch to avoid big advantages, which means you're gonna see costumes for 70kk silver like on KR soon enough. Which means that, with no trading between players, Daum will become the only and biggest gold seller - for those of you worried about P2W.. 

Edited by hcd
words
1 person likes this