• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

On behalf of a human being who thinks that they have a right to voice their opinion:

Don't tell someone to make their own game if they're thinking that items in a game are overpriced for their value. You don't go into a 4* restaurant where you expect to get decent value for your food and get shit and just accept for what it is. You complain about it and either get a new meal or get your money back.

EDIT: That also leaves to the fact that just because you can't cook 4* meals doesn't mean that you're not allowed rating them.

sorry but this is a very bad example... if i go to a restaurant and expect to get some nice and tasty food, and all i get is the complete opposite of tasty food, i can complain about it, like you said and get something new or my money back....

but in the case of the cashshop you ALREADY SEE what kind of product you'r buying, before you get it, and if you buy it you'r lucky with it and no one is forcing you to buy the product, you are stilll able to enjoy the game without it....

your argument is invalid, yes you have the right to think its overpriced, but dont expect that they lower the prices just because you dont like it....

and there's also a diffrence in telling your opinion, or crying and whining about it like a baby....

but does she make your dentist appointments still or did you stop going entirely?

sorry mister, i dont get the joke.... 

Posted

sorry but this is a very bad example... if i go to a restaurant and expect to get some nice and tasty food, and all i get is the complete opposite of tasty food, i can complain about it, like you said and get something new or my money back....

but in the case of the cashshop you ALREADY SEE what kind of product you'r buying, before you get it, and if you buy it you'r lucky with it and no one is forcing you to buy the product, you are stilll able to enjoy the game without it....

your argument is invalid, yes you have the right to think its overpriced, but dont expect that they lower the prices just because you dont like it....

and there's also a diffrence in telling your opinion, or crying and whining about it like a baby....

when your mom stops making dentist appointments for you and you just stop going. 

The mark of adult hood!

Posted (edited)

when your mom stops making dentist appointments for you and you just stop going. 

The mark of adult hood!

mkay...

Edited by SirPotato

Posted

I'd rather be dumb and rich, then intelligent and complaining about $30 costumes. 

If a dumb person has more expandable income then you, which is indicative of a more financially successful life, maybe you should ask yourself why you're letting these idiots live the dream, while you struggle to afford $30 costumes?

Maybe after you're done here, you can visit Ferrari's forums and whine to them how you can't afford their cars. Visit retailers of Goût de Diamants and demand a free bottle because you too deserve to taste the worlds finest champagnes.

FLIP DA BURGERS - stop whining , no one cares

It's really difficult to gasp at the difference between "Not being able to afford it" and "Not willing to spend that much on it", right?

With my decent wealth and living circumstances I can easily afford 50+ costumes a month. But that doesn't mean I should just blindly accept the fact that I get ripped off by overpriced stuff. It's not worth it. It's as simple as that.

Until Daum (And all these pro-cashshop idiots) finally understands that 100.000 people buying $15 costumes is by far better than 10.000 people buying $29 costumes, they are going to miss out on a lot of money. It's so simple that it blows my mind that there are still so many idiots that don't understand this.

1 person likes this

Posted

For my opinion, the game looks great but having to keep paying to see my character different from others seems a big mistake not all have money to buy a thong toil away in for a character . or you can get stuff from the store without spending real money? I 'll think about before you buy it

Posted

I Don't have anything against the priceing in the cash shop as long as DAUM thinks it's good for them, if they only keep the serious p2w items out of the cash shop.

Also another point is that it's not as fun seeing all the plebs in the game with the same stuff as you have, save up for the stuffs or don't get them, all is fine as long as there are no p2w items.

Suggestion would be cool to see more cosmetic stuff in the cash shop such as outfits, horse armor, boats, decorations, festive items ....

Posted

No, people who preordered weren't aware of the prices. Even more those who preordered between CBT1 and CBT2 or way sooner than that.

1. They either weren't able to refund because of being way past the 14 day time that is set for one.

2. They pretty much lost the possibility to refund at all as soon as they accessed CBT2.

It's fun to read that my argument is invalid when I just proved you wrong, oh boy this is fun.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd rather be dumb and rich, then intelligent and complaining about $30 costumes. 

If a dumb person has more expandable income then you, which is indicative of a more financially successful life, maybe you should ask yourself why you're letting these idiots live the dream, while you struggle to afford $30 costumes?

Maybe after you're done here, you can visit Ferrari's forums and whine to them how you can't afford their cars. Visit retailers of Goût de Diamants and demand a free bottle because you too deserve to taste the worlds finest champagnes.

FLIP DA BURGERS - stop whining , no one cares

Well I can finally agree with something you said. You sure are dumb. Do you really think that a person's willingness (or lack of) to purchase overpriced virtual items is some kind of indicator of wealth? Anyone that has to say he is rich over and over on an Internet forum is likely someone who isn't. If that doesn't make sense to you that's OK. You are dumb so we don't expect you to get it.

Posted

For my opinion, the game looks great but having to keep paying to see my character different from others seems a big mistake not all have money to buy a thong toil away in for a character . or you can get stuff from the store without spending real money? I 'll think about before you buy it

On my screen, it looks like there's a barrier blocking you from creating a complete word.

Posted (edited)

Prices will start really high. There won't be any discounts until everyone burns through their first pre-order 2500 pearls. Players will leave in droves if the actually raise prices, so they will be very reluctant to drop them.

B2P plus expensive cash shop is really arrogant and severely overestimates the hype on this game. We do have our share of whales in America, but many of us are out of work due to our manufacturing jobs being sent overseas. We have to fight each other over minimum wage service level jobs, that too are dwindling. The assumption that all Americans are rich is completely wrong.

I know it's hard to implement in-game currency exchanges for cash shop currency. It invites gold spammers galore, but it also gives players a means to get cool stuff if we're willing to work for it.

Edited by oR-Bishop
1 person likes this

Posted

Frankly I would look to warframe's in game shop for what the value of items should be. They have a lot right in their system.

Especially the cosmetics.

Posted

No, people who preordered weren't aware of the prices. Even more those who preordered between CBT1 and CBT2 or way sooner than that.

1. They either weren't able to refund because of being way past the 14 day time that is set for one.

2. They pretty much lost the possibility to refund at all as soon as they accessed CBT2.

It's fun to read that my argument is invalid when I just proved you wrong, oh boy this is fun.

refund?!? what kind of refund are you talking about?? you want the money back you paid for the game? Is that what you'r trying to tell me?? if you knew how high the cashshop prices are you wouldnt even buy it or what?! hahaha thats super retarded, i bet you'r still gonna spend some cash but with a face like this  :( instead of that :).....

Posted

Are people really that happy about saving only 3$? Almost everybody seemed angry about the cash shop prices, but now they are all so grateful because the developpers changed the price of ONE things by 9% and promise discount? This is really amazing how it takes nothing.  

Posted

Are people really that happy about saving only 3$? Almost everybody seemed angry about the cash shop prices, but now they are all so grateful because the developpers changed the price of ONE things by 9% and promise discount? This is really amazing how it takes nothing.  

I don't see anyone who criticized them before being grateful actually most people even see this just as a further insult

Posted (edited)

refund?!? what kind of refund are you talking about?? you want the money back you paid for the game? Is that what you'r trying to tell me?? if you knew how high the cashshop prices are you wouldnt even buy it or what?! hahaha thats super retarded, i bet you'r still gonna spend some cash but with a face like this  :( instead of that :).....

I'm not going to refund the game, no, I'm rather going to happily enjoy it tomorrow with the explorer's pack I bought on the last day before the preorder ended.

Neither am I going to spend any money on the cash shop.

I'm just voicing other people's opinion on this matter which you're hardly understanding but that's not my problem that you don't.

It's okay to have another opinion but it's not okay to not understand others people and just keep on repeating the same stuff over and over again to make yourself feel like a better human being with an imagination of a bigger income. If you'd realisticly had that much more money than other people then you wouldn't be running around like an idiot spreading the words around in a fricking forum of a game. But I guess that's how "rich" people push their ego nowadays and it's none of my business 9_9

Also you shouldn't be throwing stuff around like the word "retard" if you can hardly voice your opinion without some emoticons.

Edited by Koda

Posted

I'm not going to refund the game, no, I'm rather going to happily enjoy it tomorrow with the explorer's pack I bought on the last day before the preorder ended.

Neither am I going to spend any money on the cash shop.

I'm just voicing other people's opinion on this matter which you're hardly understanding but that's not my problem that you don't.

It's okay to have another opinion but it's not okay to not understand others people and just keep on repeating the same stuff over and over again to make yourself feel like a better human being with an imagination of a bigger income. If you'd realisticly had that much more money than other people then you wouldn't be running around like an idiot spreading the words around in a fricking forum of a game. But I guess that's how "rich" people push their ego nowadays and it's none of my business 9_9

iam not "rich" but i can afford 30-50eur. per month, for something i love to do.... there's alot of people that spend 150eur. or more per month, for cigaretts and other crap that's wasting money in my opp.... :)

Posted (edited)

iam not "rich" but i can afford 30-50eur. per month, for something i love to do.... there's alot of people that spend 150eur. or more per month, for cigaretts and other crap that's wasting money in my opp.... :)

Whatever floats your boat man, if you think that virtual stuff like costumes have as much worth and is as valuable as actual clothing then go ahead.

Edited by Koda

Posted (edited)

When in game prices cost more than the game itself or more than clothes in real life there is something wrong. I'm hoping this is a market skimming technique to see who pays the outrageous prices then lower prices after the hype. The current prices are a 150% increase from what anyone has seen in any game ever plus in this game the costumes are the only thing that will significantly change appearance. I'm willing to buy 30 of stuff but not on just one costume i'll probably get tired of in a month or so. Please Lower the price Buam to at least something close to the market average. Twice as much is a lot to ask. I really want to see this game succeed and not fall off like a lot of MMO's in the past decade. This game is great but it has the chance to the be the greatest.

Edited by gaijin1210
Adding more
3 people like this

Posted

tfw 10 dollars in gw2 gets you an outfit and gw2 is in no danger of failing

I was planning to by an outfit for every character (5 as of right now) to outfit them all would be 160. That's.. ridiculous.. at that point it's just "welp might as well not buy anything at all" You could do like.. 15$ for a costume, 10$ for weapons and 20$ for the package together. Granted that'd be 100 coming out of my wallet but that's still 100 you're getting. GW2 is priced to where you can spend 20, get an outfit, and a costume, and have some gems left over. So people pour money into it. (ie me) because it seems worth it. i would like to buy costumes in this game because well, let's face it the regular armor is terrible and there's little difference between anything so people are obviously going to buy a lot of costumes. Everyone is going to want to buy costumes. Pricing them higher will just gate and discourage a vast majority and lessen your profit from it by a lot. 

I redeemed the free 60$ worth of daum cash (30+30) during cbt2 and got a full costume for my ranger, a dog, a cat, a helmet for my horse, and 2 dye boxes. Which is not actually a lot considering it was $60. That's a brand new ps4 game right there. In gw2 I could get an account boost, 4 outfits, dye packs, a make over kit, a name change, a character slot.. like damn. makes me luv you anet for not curb stomping my spleen whenever i go to buy something

3 people like this

Posted

It's 3 euro cheaper now! yay!

Posted (edited)

At this point I just want them to remove every stat/buff from every item so I can just stop caring about the Cs altogether. 

Edited by Gungan

Posted (edited)

I spent $500 a month on AA market from apex and credits. So I know the prices of that game items very well. Your items on average are 3 to 5 times higher than ArcheAge. 

First thing you need to do is fire your marketing vp or whoever was the idiot that came up with price gouging vaules ASAP and make the prices comparable to other games markets which everyone is use to paying. 

You don't want to be that guy with super over priced cash store items or your going to lose in a lot of revenue and also higher change for players to just ditch the game overall.

Edited by Plagueis
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Virtual costumes should NOT cost the same amount the game itself costs, this is degrading and i hope you guys are still fighting to lower the prices of such items that not only is cosmetics but from i hear also have some stats. This creates a wall and gives pocket warriors edge in this game on PvP side.

DAUM, you have already collected some millions out of the west, why not spare us and put reasonable cash prices and remove "slightly" P2W stuff?
I love this game but please... don't be SO damn greedy...

p.s. Please, no one should buy the overpriced things in the cash shop and maybe then they will think about price change, that is the only way to do it.

Edited by Shika
1 person likes this

Posted

Hey Guys, in BETA 2 there was an option in the stable to change the horse's appearance (not equipment, but color/hair) and you can do this with a coupon. I assumed it would be in Cash Shop but looking through the BETA 2 patch notes for Cash Shop it wasn't there. Where can you get this coupon?

Posted

At this point I'm seriously wondering if pro-cashshop idiots are still arguing here because they actually truly want to pay for overpriced stuff (for god knows what reason), or if they are still arguing just for the sake of arguing. Because they really want to have the last word or something... ¯\(ツ)/¯