• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

I´m already feeling sorry for the people that feel they have to spend money now.

Seeing how Daum is treating this, I won´t be surprised if they are actually going F2P later on.

I´ve been playing RU the last couple of months to see if I like this game, and I do, a lot.

Over there, almost everything is obtainable, if you put some effort in. Even these overpriced costumes.

And that is a F2P game.

After CBT2, I´ve been asking about their plans for the cash-shop and they weren´t ready to announce those!

But after gathering every penny from pre-orders and requiring you waiving your rights for a refund after playing CBT, they announce this money grabbing scheme!

I´m seriously pissed off.

But I will be playing nevertheless, because it´s such an awesome game.

The one thing I WON´T DO, is paying the ridiculous prices though.

Tl;dr

L7N2F42.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Bump, back to the top. @CM_Jouska, @CM_Praballo, @CM_Tytyes, any official news on why Daum is trying to trash their reputation with their customers? What exactly is the point of alienating the people who want to give you money in support of an excellent product? Is the strategy really to sabotage the game into going F2P due to lack of long-term profitability when everyone here is telling you exactly how to avoid doing that?

1 person likes this

Posted

Aw, this poor thread.

Posted

It's in the Cash Shop.

xD

Bump, back to the top. @CM_Jouska, @CM_Praballo, @CM_Tytyes, any official news on why Daum is trying to trash their reputation with their customers? What exactly is the point of alienating the people who want to give you money in support of an excellent product? Is the strategy really to sabotage the game into going F2P due to lack of long-term profitability when everyone here is telling you exactly how to avoid doing that?

Can you pass this along to the Daum Overlords?

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/30036-the-cash-shop-is-not-p2w-but-still-hurts-the-game/

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Aw, this poor thread.

It'll probably get locked sooner or later. Until then, this remains pretty on-topic - what happened to the items available in CBT2? Why were they removed while items with identical functionality remained? Asking Daum, since the playerbase already knows the likely answer.

Edited by lolfail
1 person likes this

Posted

LoL you guys, they stopped reading this thread awhile ago.

They will only change the prices if things don't sell. But by the number of 100 dollar people, they have no reason to believe people will not spend more money.

Posted

This has probably been said a million times over now, but:

"Lower the prices of the armour -- or for that matter, of everything."

$32 USD is a ludicrous amount to pay in a B2P game, nice as the armours may be. It doesn't help that the game almost bottlenecks you into buying the cash shop stuff, since all of the -- at least for Warrior -- in-game armour is peasant-tier in appearance. If they halved that price, I'd gladly dole out money to buy it. I'd say that even $25 is a bit too much.

Posted

suits.jpg

Posted

Like many people here, we've already bought the game and i'm sure we'd spend even a tiny bit more for costumes or other pearl items - but when some items are almost the price of the game it's seriously something people would rather not consider buying.

I don't really see how Daum will deal with this though, the shop prices are certainly something that could use some thinking over.

Posted

Well, they will make the game free2play and if that not enough they let you sell pearl items on the marketplace then, all of this while mocking of all who supported them.

Greddy company with shaddy bussines model with shittiest cash grab milking people and ruining a great game.

Posted

Repost from earlier, but with added feedback:

The cash shop should make you WANT to spend money on it, not HAVE to, in a B2P game especially. However, the current cash shop is structured as if BDO was a freemium mobile game, not a B2P MMO. Because the game carries an entrance fee, the pricing is unjustiably high, and there are too many P2W elements contained in it as well (again, much along the lines of a freemium mobile game).

I would love to hear the reasoning behind the current structure. Why was the cash shop structured like a freemium mobile title? Why was there no regard for the B2P model in place? Things were changed, but the problems still remain. Can we please hear any well-argumented explanation on this?

Also, if any shareholder 'recommended' this, slap them in the face hard. Shareholders only think of last-quarter and current-quarter revenue at any cost, they don't care about the long term wellbeing of the product they're investing into. And at this rate, the game has little chance of being a long term financial success after the initial honeymoon period.

The thing is - Maybe i'm not an expert - You might be working under the assumption that lowering the prices or removing some of the items will cause the revenue to drop. However, i'm 100% sure that after implementing the changes below the revenue will increase, simply because more people will be willing to spend money on the cash shop, and the people who already do will spend more on it. It's been proven time and time again over the past few years that lowering prices to a certain level causes the total revenue to increase when it comes to digital sales. You chose a B2P model, which should exclude anything that approaches the freemium F2P model currently in effect because currently, the business model is causing people to turn away from the game rathern than buy it.

Loyalties
+ Scrap weight limit increase items. Should be rolled into strength level gains only, which should give a little more per level. They feel like mandatory purchases, not a reward for playing every day and as such conflicts with the concept of loyalties.
+ Inventory slot should be 250-400 max, as a slot should be a regularly enabled purchase - 4 days for one slot when also saving for other items in the loyalty store when slots are per character is not a big ask, while the current 1000 loyalties push players far too heavily to the pearl option, this feels strongly like bullying.
+ Region storage: Scrap completely, as to not make housing, storage and contribution points worthless. People should be forced to engage in those mechanics if they want to use a lot of storage, as it promotes careful planning rather than reckless spending (again, opportunistic behaviour from the publisher rather than a service to a customer, especially as it's also a pearl option).
+ Artisans's Memory: Scrap completely, as it greatly impacts the economy by bypassing repairing and max durability mechanics. This can make crafting weapons redundant
+ Elion's Tear: Scrap completely. Makes playing carefully irrelevant unless the cooldown is 24 hours, at least. It's currently a mechanic/item which feels like it belongs in an EA freemium mobile game, not a B2P MMO. 
+ Energy Tonic: Scrap completely, as it's almost useless and is a slippery-slope item.
+ Max MP/HP: Scrap completely, as it is a slippery-slope item, as well as a 'mandatory' buy at higher levels.
Horse skill removal: As this item interferes with the horse market it should be removed. FIX NEEDED: Add more female horses to the RNG pool, as it currently seems to be 90/10 in favor of males. Changing this makes more horses available, making the breeding activity less strenuous and lets players find roughly the same benefit due to the increased supply.

Function
+ Inventory expansion coupons: Slash prices to 50/175/300. This is because the slots are character-specific. If the prices are that high to discourage people from buying them, remove this item completely instead and add a craftable ingame item to increase the amount of inventory slots.
+ Weight limit: Remove completely, roll into strength training - See above. The current implementation makes strength training useless and feels like a mandatory buy (again, freemium f2p rather than b2p mmo)
+ Region storage: Remove completely as to not interfere with contribution point systems. See above.
+ Elion's tear: Remove completely for obvious reasons, see above.
+ Black spirit essence: Remove completely to promote ingame crystal economy, or add them to ingame loot tables.

Costume
+ Slash all prices in half in this category. Way too expensive, obviously. If a costume costs as much as the game itself does, people are far, far less likely to buy any.
+ Remove all stats of any kind on the costumes and underwear. The P2W is strong here, especially in the treant costume. Costumes should be sold on looks, not stats - Again, this is a freemium f2p model talking, not a b2p model.

Furniture
+ Remove all buffs from using them. Any buff on a cash shop furniture item should exist on an ingame craftable item in the same magnitude, which is currently not the case.
+ Slash all prices in half in this category, due to their otherwise extremely limited use. Again the freemium model rears its head here.
+ Bring interior points down to the same amount of points as (the best) crafted furniture brings, as to not interfere with the investment mechanic (as they do currently). Again, this system seems like it was designed with a freemium f2p model in mind, not an b2p model.

Mount
+ Slash all prices in half in this category, same reasons as before - More people will be willing to buy the items, driving the total revenue up.
+ Remove all stat buffs, or bring the buffs down to the same magnitude as ingame craftable items at most.
+ Remove breeding resets. Again, this is a B2P game, not a freemium game. Increase the ratio of female to male horses instead.
+ Remove brand items for the same reasons.
+ Remove resurrection reset for the same reasons.
+ Remove skill training coupon. This one and the 3 previous ones make the ingame breeding mechanics completely pointless as they can be almost entirely circumvented. Again, a freemium item which does not belong in a B2P cash shop.

Pets
+ Slash all prices in half in this category to make pets more affordable, as a lot of people feel they are a must buy, or add more ingame ways to obtain pets instead of only the 5000 hour achievement. Once again, freemium vs B2P.
+ Remove nutritious feeds, as they should be available through ingame means only because of the progression on pets.

Dye
+ Single dye price to 5 pearls.
+ 3-dye pack price to 12 pearls. 
The price decreases here are necessary to promote more dye purchases in total, since the current system is far, far too RNG. The current pricing and system have been designed with the ability to sell dyes in mind, which is not possible in our version of BDO. A price decrease is the only way to fix this. Dyes are, strangely enough, the only item which costs more in real money than the Korean equivalent, even though the system which makes them work over there is not available here.
Remove any trace of the Merv system. This is, again, a freemium system, not a B2P system. Remove the dye tab in the marketplace as well.

I feel strongly that the above chances will turn the cash shop into a far more 'friendly' affair, removing the negativity surrounding the game of being a 'Korean cash grab'. These changes will increase the overall revenue because more people will be willing to buy the game, and both new and existing players will be much more willing to spend money on the cash shop.

Raising prices, or keeping prices high, is an easy way to lose business. This is a classic beginner's mistake made by young, ambitious accountants which have no feeling for the product they are selling. 

Daum, be brave, be smart, and implement the above changes. You will see your total revenue rise and your playerbase get happier. 

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the video

Posted

I don't actually own the game but was borderline buying it 20 minutes ago after seeing a very nice review of it on YouTube, until my common sense kicked in and decided to dig a little into the "English" version of the game (Was actually checking to see if this version retained all the cut scenes etc like the Korean version) and stumbled across that it has a cash shop.

Great.

Did further digging, here I am, I will not be purchasing, while the game looks great and no doubt I will have fun in it I just can't justify paying the price knowing of the extortion going on in the store for a B2P game.

You need to get your act together or turn it F2P before you lose even more (potential) new players and your current ones.

I will be back when it does, to try it, not to play it like I would if this shop didn't exist, let's be honest any game with this type of negativity surrounding it will never last unless it buckles under the pressure of greed forcing them to go F2P with the overpriced shop, because ----- listening to the community of gamers, what do they know.

Posted

I went out of my way to create this account purely to add my voice to the growing chorus of dissent.

Gamers aren't stupid; most of us research a game before we make an investment of time and money. This thread has caused a complete reversal in my desire to play BDO. I can see clearly now that Daum share the insanely cynical and greedy ethos of companies like Perfect World Entertainment. I got burned by PWI and it's not going down like that again.

Looked like a great game, shame about the Daum Sydrome.

Posted

I went out of my way to create this account purely to add my voice to the growing chorus of dissent.

Gamers aren't stupid; most of us research a game before we make an investment of time and money. This thread has caused a complete reversal in my desire to play BDO. I can see clearly now that Daum share the insanely cynical and greedy ethos of companies like Perfect World Entertainment. I got burned by PWI and it's not going down like that again.

CM_Jouska can you lock this thread? It's irrelevent by now. A new one can be started.

Posted

Don't you know Necromancy is a forbidden practice here

Posted (edited)

This game is such a cash grab. When using the auto path there seems to always be the chance that your horse runs off course and you come back to a giant troll that's beaten you and now your T5's horses face in....thus you purchase the death counter reset.

Just random little insidious nickle and diming behaviors like skill resets, dyes, and the easily deletable wallpapers/floorings <---which surprisingly the community doesn't CARE that it is so easily done. I swear, some of you couldn't bend over faster for DAUM if they pulled your hair.

DAUM is shady. I have little doubt they even care what their playerbase thinks of this. I truly despise this company and I have had my fair share of experiences with despicable companies and none has come close to how much I hate DAUM.

Edited by Lostarot

Posted (edited)

What i would like to see in the Cash Shop much smaller and more item for cheaper prices, Items that don't take up all of you armor slots or most of it and have more of a noticeable effect. Like for example Special Types of Gauntlets with a Ominous glow Like Dark Purple or Dark Red. Also greaves that like a Fire Trail or something. or even a Aura for your Character. Where is the Creativity?? T-T Here are Some Examples. 

78.jpg

DMC1_-_Ifrit.png

Edited by Evangilion