• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

Those prices are really terrible. Like terrible enough that I'm rethinking preordering at all. I shouldn't have to pay more than 10 or 12 bucks for a costume, honestly, and it should be account wide. (or even offer an account-wide unlock for an extra couple of dollars)

I have no problems with cash shops when they're somewhat reasonable. Would they rather I buy 1 costume at 30 bucks or 5 costumes for 50 bucks? Because I'm sooner to do the latter than the former. And I've done that in other games.

Posted

You can't even compare the prices to STO new ship releases since in STO it's an account wide purchase. =/

Jorm

Posted

Those prices would look normal to me if this game was F2P.

But this is just too overpriced, pets should be a bit cheaper as well as costumes with weapons too.

Exactly.

Posted (edited)

THE PRICES ARE FINE
also this will keep p2w in check way better later onto the game.

Also pets tier 3-4 arent a must have for those who cry about its price. But i do agree that costume price WITH A WEAPON  is  a bit too much.

For those who played kr/jp this isnt overpriced and its what we all expected.

Edited by tmw

Posted

I'm only here to echo the sentiment of many, many others. The prices in the shop are waaaaay too damn high. I'm the type of person that likes to drop a decent bit at a time..roughly $100 a month on cash shop items. That however, is only when it is worth doing so. As is, I don't feel like I'll be buying a damn thing outside of the free 2500 pearls I got with my preorder.

Posted (edited)

From a long term point of view I think the prices are too high.
I think people are more likely to spend more money on the cash shop if the costumes were about $15. I know I would.
Because then I'd attempt to get every costume I like, now I will limit myself very much into not buying more than one or 2. And Especially not gift as easily too.

Hope you reconsider the prices because I think think it'll bring you more money in the end. 
Everytime something new will enter the cash shop people will be more tempted to buy things when they aren't that highly priced -> impulse buying is something you should really not underestimate.

Edited by Tuff

Posted (edited)

We have higher prices than a F2P (Russian server), this can't be right.
A pet 9€ when the game mechanics needs you to destroy it?
Not to talk about a full costume, couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the pricing.
The game costs less than a costume.
Also horse armor 20€, like a char costume. What?

Most of the stuff prices should be cut to half.

You could keep the pet+premium feed 9€ and then add a simple pet without feed for less.

Edited by Seraph

Posted

140days of mileage collection to get the 200 extra weight PER CHARACTER assuming you don't spend it on anything else sounds like fun

Posted

32 euro for an outfit it's a little bit Expensive for me but i'll hope to take a outfit with my 2500 peals ... :( 

Posted

I hope all ragers havent quit Kr / Jp guild. :D

Come, I shall embrace and welcome back to Asia Guild.

Posted

These prices are a joke. An utter insult to people who would be your customers.

The prices are fine for the Korean version, where there's no entry fee to the game itself. But over here? You're overreaching.

Whoever thought of and greenlit these prices needs to get a reality check, and possibly a letter of resignation, because he's not doing Daum any favours. 

Also, @CM_Jouska and @PM_Belsazar , i'm very dissappointed in you and everyone else at Daum for letting these prices actually go live like this. If you actually agreed to these prices.... I really want to put an insult here, because clearly these prices are insulting to us.

Seriously. Cut all cash shop prices in half. I mean for gods sake, some items are even more expensive in real money terms than in Korea! Didn't anyone check and compare these?

Whoever thought of those dye prices needs to get a reprimand or get fired, and i truly, really mean this. THEY ARE TWICE AS EXPENSIVE AS THEY ARE IN KOREA. I mean, ----- me, those prices would be fine if dyes were permanently unlockable, but unless you forgot to put it in the patch notes, they are not and that kind of money for a disposable dye which doesn't even cover the entire item it's dying? Pathetically retarded. Dye prices need to be cut down to 5-10 pearls for a single dye and 13-25 for a pack of 3. 

IMPORTANT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT OF THESE PRICES:

They work in Korea because a) the game itself is free and b) cash shop items can be sold on the marketplace.

NEITHER is the case in EUNA. Most people won't even use the cash shop at all at this rate, losing you a lot of income. Because cash shop items can't be sold, the people with a lot of disposable income will have no reason whatsoever to buy multiples and people without that much disposable income won't even buy anything at all. Maybe 10 to 20% will buy items at these prices, once. If you slash the prices AT LEAST in half, that percentage may rise to 40 to 50%, meaning that you earn more absolute money with lower prices. 

I was planning on spending €15 a month or so in the cash shop, but not when i feel i'm being ripped off like this and i doubt that i'm alone, or even in the minority. EVERYTHING is too expensive, and some things even catastrophically so. I seriously hope that someone at Daum has a modicum of common sense and adjusts these, and the one responsible for thinking of and greenlighting this list is given a stern warning or a kick out of the door. 

7 people like this

Posted

Guess i'll write my post here instead as this seems to be the main thread.

Agreed on the pricing being too high for several items. 

I could buy clothes in real with that kind of price. Try to fix this Daum and take the feedback of the community during this CBT2 seriously, because otherwise this game will be short-lived.

The dyes being random, NOT account wide+permanent AND them costing 0.50 euros PER random dye? Come, -----ing, on. You have to be really joking here? Is this April 1st? Are we being played for fools?

If you can sell MORE items with a lower price, you should honestly go for that, mass producing has always been more profitable. It's been proven with every market, stock, game, whatever. Just do some research with other MMO's and their prices, and you'll see how much more profitable it could be. BDO won't have a large playerbase of Millions, so I can't understand how you decided on those prices.

If you sell 1 million costumes at even 10 euros each, that's 10m euros. Instead of selling 100k costumes at 20 dollars, which is 2m euros, or even if at 30 euros, that's 3m euros. Considering a lot of people won't even bother buying several because of the high prices. You're basically catering to the 1% of the community that might spend thousands of dollars just because. You should instead be catering to the at least 50% of the community who will probably spend a few dozen or even hundreds of dollars on cash shop vanity items.

Sincerely yours
Signed /Auri

2 people like this

Posted

Absolutely overpriced. 

And notice that many people would agree with a 20$ pricetag. Wow. This is how far we have come... people are willing to pay 20 bucks for a single 3d model that takes a couple of weeks to make. Compared to a game that takes 3-4 years to make and that costs 30-40$. How does that even make the slightest sense in any way? 

Remember when people made apps for the iPhone that cost 1,99$? When the app is good you can make millions with it (not so easy nowadays with the overflowing market). The catchphrase was microtransactions. Prices where people don't even think twice before bying because they hardly notice the impact in their wallet. THAT is how I imagine cosmetic stuff in games. Make it cheap enough so you buy a couple of items each month and thus generate a steady income for the publisher/developer. 

But instead they chose the Apple iPhone way... make it seem exclusive and shiney so you can demand a hefty (totally unreasonable) price. As some people have stated already, this can make the game die pretty quickly. Perhaps they looked at WoT and saw that they are asking up to 40$ for a virtual tank, but those tanks actually DO something other than look different... it's like paying for a new class. Not that I defend WoT prices or anything... I also think they're way too expensive.  

Posted

With the CAD dollar as low as it is I feel like we're getting double shafted. Poor exchange rate and madly high prices. So some suggestions:

1) Stand alone price regardless of currency, no exchange to USD BS.

2) Certainly NOT paying more for a costume than I paid for the game. Adjustments need to be made. ($10 a costume, $5 a pet feels appropriate, give or take)

3) You're looking at a demographic that may put like $25-50 into pearls. But even then, when that only gets you like 1 random dye and a class locked costume I doubt many will go for it. On the other hand, "oh $25 gets me 2 costumes, a dye kit, some bag space and a pet!!! Shut up and take my money, multiple times!"

4) I trust you'll make the right decision ;) 

Problem with exchange rates is the company has to Exchange what ever currency you are using to the currency they as a company use, so either you get shafted with the currency exchange or the company your are buying goods from gets shafted when they go to exchange the money, in most cases that burden falls on the consumer because of a countries poor currency performance.

If Daum as a global company uses USD as its base currency then all currencies outside of the USD get shafted those with a stronger currency than the USD still pay the same $32 for an outfit but their $32 is actually worth more than the USD they are matching when they should actually be paying less than the USD face value because their currency is stronger, or if a currency is weaker than the USD then they have to pay more of their own currency to match the USD, either way both ends get screwed.

Tho in this case every currency is screwed because of the prices being 3x higher than they should be, so even USD user get the shaft with the current cash shop.

Posted

For 32€ i can have:

- monthly ticket for public transport

- food for a week for my whole family

- 5-7 cinema's tickets

- 1 full new game or 2 bit older ones

In bdo i can buy for this 1 character bound costume, without options to choose colors first. In other words few pixels, which cost as much as a full game. Don't you think it's ridicolous?

I prefer save some money and buy real dress for myself than this as its now.

Wow you live in a cheap country. Only one of the following:

- monthly ticket for public transport 55€

- food for a week maybe 1 person if you buy cheap

-2 cinema tickets

-1 game that gives you maybe 20h of enjoyment?

Everyone here does want everything for free or what? Things do come with a price and the prices are ok no one is forcing you to get 3 t3 pets. No one is forcing you to get Costumes. Use your budget you have and buy what you want most no need to have everything.

For a Game to be rentable (Server Cost, development, Employees, Taxes,....) i gues they need about ~7$/Month if you compare with sub games. So for everyone who does not buy a thing they do need to generate the income from the ppl who do. As long as they keep rng boxes out of the game i'm totaly fine just take your time and get all you need in the long run.

Posted

I will still keep playing hoping the prices will be improved, but I have friends who are on the fence who aren't gonna play now. I agree the prices are steep. I understand that server overhead inflates these prices, but at the core the outfits are still just a few meshes and textures.

I was hoping to get a personal outfit, fish costume, and ghillee suit on my main, but this is $82. I can't pay this when I can't transfer the shared outfits. That's way too much.

I encouraged them to be active on the forums since Daum has listed to the player's opinion so far.

Posted

I don't really like cash shops at all and would greatly prefer a sub fee. But this is amusing. I have no issues with the prices where they are, the majority of these items are non consumable, meaning you keep it for your entire stay in the game. The higher prices mean that not everyone will have every costume and every pet. That's kind of nice, it makes the purchase a more meaningful one. Even more amusing is the outcry that we need the cash shop sooner so people can buy up everything they "need" to grind, followed by rivers of tears when the prices are announced... I'm sorta hoping for a monthly low cost pearl pack like many F2P games do, where the monthly pack is reasonable and every other purchase is nuts. I would buy that monthly like clockwork because it's like a sub to me.

1 person likes this

Posted

A few people have said it.. prices for pets and Costumes need to be cut. 30-50% 

$18-$20 for a complete set of Armor and Weapon I can maybe justify. 

$5 for a pet. 

I'm Canadian.. I have to pay USD.. 

3200 pearls is $43 dollars for me. If Yanks and Eurowhiners are losing their lunch of 32 think how us Canadians feel. 

Agree to those prices.

Also please make prices EQUIVALENT

NOT 32 $ THERE AND 32 EURO HERE

Posted

I'm not going to rage.  But I will say that I will definitely be spending less than I initially planned.  Significantly less.  The value just isn't there for me.

At more reasonable prices I'm willing to pump a steady stream of money into the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

The beta is open. I am so tempted to press play. Playing negates my refund opportunity. But I need a refund if they aren't changing these prices! Damn it! They're smart as hell.

Posted

The beta is open. I am so tempted to press play. Playing negates my refund opportunity. But I need a refund if they aren't changing these prices! Damn it! They're smart as hell.

you can download the Russian version for free and patch it= perma beta access

Posted

I don't really like cash shops at all and would greatly prefer a sub fee. But this is amusing. I have no issues with the prices where they are, the majority of these items are non consumable, meaning you keep it for your entire stay in the game. The higher prices mean that not everyone will have every costume and every pet. That's kind of nice, it makes the purchase a more meaningful one. Even more amusing is the outcry that we need the cash shop sooner so people can buy up everything they "need" to grind, followed by rivers of tears when the prices are announced... I'm sorta hoping for a monthly low cost pearl pack like many F2P games do, where the monthly pack is reasonable and every other purchase is nuts. I would buy that monthly like clockwork because it's like a sub to me.

+1

The monthly pearl pack is a nice thing i hope they do implement it.

Posted

I was not expecting these prices in a b2p game at all.

Also I don't understand the reasoning behind selling just 2 costumes per class (and 1 is the same for every class) when there is 20+ available. If you want me to spend that much at least give me more choices.

Posted (edited)

So Black Desert was supposed to be my only game for next few months where when i never do this i wanted to spend some money here. And it will be my game for next few months, but with that slightly change that i wont use cash shop with these prices. Most expensive 3200 for costume is 1/13 of my paycheck. Pets are no better. Glad i've Conqueror so i already have premium outfit and weapon, my conq pearls will be spent on pets, and thats it.

Prices 30-50% lower and im in.

Edited by Pshybysz

Posted

Id be fine with 5$ / Pet and 10-15$ for a costume and would see me spending a few for my 3-4 characters planned. But 30-60$.. nope sorry. that would be extremely disappointing.. Cash Shops in "the west" dont work with such high pricing.

OR... i might pay 30$ if i get the costume for EACH of my characters ever made.

Maybe offer 2 options 10$ - 1 Character  / 30$ - All characters ?