• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

I got it guys, i am the all knowing... this is how these people function, they do something retarded then they say hey we are listening to guys and change it when all along they were going to change it anyway but just in case lets form a sub sub reddit with intentions of overthrowing Daum. You know... just in case.

Posted (edited)

Maybe, but they've had over 14 hours and 39 pages of salt during which they could have replied. Even simply letting players know they'll consider our concerns would go a long way towards damage control.

guess they are too scared to answer and get right in the face that sh*t storm.

But, yeah they better do something and CLEARLY change the cash shop pricing, otherwise they are barely going to get any money apart "game sale"

And like someone said, ppl are more than ok to give them money, but clearly not at this price, i mean WTF do thoses guys thing we are all rich and dumb ?

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

guess they are too scared to answer and not getting right in the face that sh*t storm.

But, yeah they better do something and CLEARLY change the cash shop pricing, otherwise they are barely going to get any money apart "game sale"

Think about this, the cash shop functionality has zero changes between the free to play Asian versions and the buy to play NA/EU versions.  Items are single use and expensive, plus dyes are still RNG single use character bound.

Buy to play for the NA/EU is marketing.  This game is not intended to be buy to play by any means and the cost of entry will be dropped as soon as the box sales stop.  It will suddenly become a free to play game for the NA/EU and the best thing, they won't have to change anything about the cash shop.  This is their plan.

Replying about the costs in the cash shop doesn't help them.

Posted

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I wonder if Daum actually has someone going through all this, or if they're gonna just base their response off the number of rage posts?

If someone from Daum is reading, you might give some sign that you're going to consider our feedback. Or that you're at least hearing it.

they wont read this
they will look at the first 2 pages and last 2 pages, not more ...
after that they will change/ keep the prices ...
the community will be happy ... it will still be more expensiv as the RU server is ...
but it is easy to manipulate us ...

Posted

Think about this, the cash shop functionality has zero changes between the free to play Asian versions and the buy to play NA/EU versions.  Items are single use and expensive, plus dyes are still RNG single use character bound.

Buy to play for the NA/EU is marketing.  This game is not intended to be buy to play by any means and the cost of entry will be dropped as soon as the box sales stop.  It will suddenly become a free to play game for the NA/EU and the best thing, they won't have to change anything about the cash shop.  This is their plan.

Replying about the costs in the cash shop doesn't help them.

The costume prices are dramatically higher on KR-  keep in mind that their pearl cost is very different from ours. Of course, the KR game isnt B2P.

I've seen a few complaints about the dyes, did they take the dye seller NPCs out of the game?  You used to be able to buy dye for silver (and only like 11k silver at that!)

Posted

thats one of the reasons BDO wasnt sucessful in KR/JP etc. P2W (due to selling cash shop items on market in game) + stupid high prices (yes PVE and PVP content was another major problem ...)

Posted

Won't costumes be sellable on the market later on similar to how it works on GW2? Wouldn't that alleviate the problem with them becoming obtainable in game?

Posted

None of the things you mentioned are P2W because they are all obtainable within the game itself. And I did say SWToR is freemium, if you know what that means. In BDO none of the important game altering things are available in-game.

Comparing the WoW insta leveling to max to P2W is laughable. You get to level cap thats it, with zero gear to boot, who do you expect to win over with that?

Not all is obtainable in game in SWTOR like the pass to play a WZ, flashpoint, operation MUST be purchased for cartel coins. You MUST purchase a pass to allow you to use artifact gear (some of the better gear in the game). Also, for WoW, you get a free set of 650 gear (LRF ready) and being able to exchange real money for in game money pretty much makes it P2W as you can buy anything you want for the correct dollar amount.

Posted

I really hope they enable selling cash shop items on AH for ingame currency, because there is no freaking way that I will pay 30 eur for character bound costume. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok.... here are few things which i noticed while testing and looking at the cash shop prices.... i bolded some of the things which are kinda important to notice

2500 pearls given from the conquerors pack

700 used on underwear for 1 luck.

500 used for head accessory for chance to get increased knowledge level on monsters (affects dmg/loot)

500 used for ear accessory for chance to get increased knowledge level on monster 

Free to use on things like inventory space,costumes,beds (increases energy gain while you lie down in them), pets (auto looting and buffs) or weight limit (35 days worth of loyalty for only 50lt increase). = 800 pearls = not enough to get even one pet!!

Posted

They import games to different regions to make money. Not surprised they're reaching with the cash shop prices. Not that big of deal.

Posted

Won't costumes be sellable on the market later on similar to how it works on GW2? Wouldn't that alleviate the problem with them becoming obtainable in game?

-Well, people didn't want them to be sell-able via AH since it would allow a somewhat P2W, allowing whales to sell costumes via AH and using that silver to gear up. PEOPLE voted against it, and voiced their claims, now they're whining about the shop prices.

Posted (edited)

Everytime I sit and wait for a new MMO to come out because I've been fooked around by the previous one, I seem to be asked to pay more and more for an experience that feels less and less each time.

R.I.P MMORPGs - you were great in the late 90's and early 00's but the money-men have beaten you down and are now picking the flesh off your dead bones.

Edited by fleabite71
spelling

Posted

-Well, people didn't want them to be sell-able via AH since it would allow a somewhat P2W, allowing whales to sell costumes via AH and using that silver to gear up. PEOPLE voted against it, and voiced their claims, now they're whining about the shop prices.

problem is that cash shop items will be sellable in time...lol

Posted

So I took  A few hours away from the forums to let this whole problem by just a little for myself.  What I've settled on is this whole problem is absolutely spoiling the magic of the release of this game for myself and for my fiancé.  Even though I've played this game on the Korean servers for well over a year I was still extremely excited about the release of the game here despite the games minor flaws. 

I find myself overall feeling a little betrayed and less excited about the release of the game than I was this morning.  Usually a new game comes with this shiny new feeling  The takes at least a couple of weeks to wear off but mines gone before the game is even released because of this. 

To me the very core of an MMO is kicking ass while looking awesome, ( as a PVPer)  this game will absolutely get boring to me in a short period of time if I am sequestered to looking exactly the same for long periods of time armor wise or have to look like a hobo because I don't want to spend large sums of money on new costumes.

No I get that not everybody plays MMOs  for this reason,  but some of you were suggesting that we should not be upset about this because the costumes arent necessary.  To that I say maybe they're not necessary to you but to some of us it's absolutely not going to work running around looking like a hobo every day.  Additionally if you use one of the games in game natural armor skins then you basically look almost identical for the entire lifetime of your character because the armor skins just don't very that much on most classes.

Lastly I still don't feel like the games cash up items are P2W.  A 10% exp bonus is not going to break the game.  At the end of the day because of how long the XP Kurt is it really doesn't equate to much at all.  And even then that bonus doesn't give you anything the difference between being level 50 and 55 is preciously small.  The stamina boost only allows you to sprint slightly longer and by slightly I mean 1 to 2 seconds longer on the sprint total.  That's basically nothing.  Basically what I'm saying is these costumes do not provide any kind of competitive edge other than reaching level 50 10% faster. because of how short the curve to level 50 is compared to the curve between level 50 and 55 which as I mentioned before makes a little difference it does not really help you .

Pick the right battle guys the prices are the problem focus on that.  If the prices are  reduced then you can simply give them a few dollars for the costume and have the same benefit that everybody else has.  And if you still want at that point then I don't know what to say to you you're not trying to support the game they made which makes you not a customer.

Frankly if you're not paying them or never plan to they don't have to care what you think.

Posted

Full Costume sets are overpriced for B2P, shouldn't be over $25. 

Pets could be $5 for 1 and $15 and still have tons of people buying them. 

I want to buy $25 of pearls and actually be able to get a 3 pack of pets or a full costume, otherwise it feels like a waste. 

I agree for a B2P game these prices are a total rip off.

Let compare this with GW2 which is also B2P

Custom/Armor are about 800 gems which is about $10.00. When you compare the ghillie suit currently at $32.00 (just wow!)

I don't even want to start with Pets which are about 200 to 300 pearls in KR and we have to fork up 900... Come on now! Plus, KR BD is Free to Play?

Posted

I agree for a B2P game these prices are a total rip off.

Let compare this with GW2 which is also B2P

Custom/Armor are about 800 gems which is about $10.00. When you compare the ghillie suit currently at $32.00 (just wow!)

I don't even want to start with Pets which are about 200 to 300 pearls in KR and we have to fork up 900... Come on now! Plus, KR BD is Free to Play?

kr pearls are worth much more 32 usd costume is around 60 usd for them. but yes it is very overpriced imo

1 person likes this

Posted

I can afford the stuff in the cash shop,  but that doesn't mean I might buy something.

Costumes cost more, or about the same as some triple A titles on Steam in my country's currency. Some examples:

Dark Souls 3 - $26
The Witcher 3 - $24
The Division - $33
Far Cry Primal - $33

I can buy a costume and weapon here for $32 or I can buy one of those games that have much more value than a costume.

I've bought cash shop items in the past in other games, but I've never paid more than $10 for a costume, 15$ isn't too bad either if it comes with weapons as well.

3 people like this

Posted

The prices are way too high! I am really shocked. Who would spend so much money on a costume?! The prices are unreasonable! O_O And we can't even use those costumes for all our characters! 

I would love to spend my money on the cash shop. But the prices are off-putting. 

They really need to change that or else no one is buying anything. 

Posted

l made my mind, l will buy 1 more pet and that will be it. Funny l was planning to buy 3 costumes for 15$ assumption, 2 for my sorc 1 for my valk. At least sorc armors dont look that bad.

Posted

Prices are crazy. Also 1 USD /=/ 1 EUR.

Not to mention: HOW CAN ITEMS BE LABELED AS "HOT" IN CBT?!! 

What a ripoff. A f2p model has cheaper prices normally. At least I'd expect quality translation but the subtitles have nothing to do with the actual voiceover. 

Posted (edited)

That is a very disappointing pricing. With b2p model the prices shouldn't be so high. And the best part is: I think we all would love to spend money in cash shop, supporting BD in that way but with those prices the effect of psychological barrier occurs: buying those items at those prices would make me feel as if I overpaid (which is probably true :D). And I don't want to feel that way, so I won't buy or at least I will think twice before buying anything from the cash shop.

Hopefully Daum will consider their pricing strategy. 

These prices have actually made me decide to hold off on buying the game altogether. If i really need my gameplay fix I'll just play the KR version, and if Daum decides to make the cash shop prices more reasonable, then I will buy the NA version. 

I just can't justify paying them for a game that I can access for free if they can't even have the decency to adjust the prices to reflect our price of admission. 

Edited by Sean_Inf
1 person likes this

Posted

yeah i mean ppl who will buy 50 dollars worth of stuff will still buy 50 dollars worth of stuff, but now people who cant afford everything will have to pick, i really see no reasoning for a costume to be worth 32 dollars.

1 person likes this