• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

Remove the stats (that are totally NOT P2W) and i´ll buy no costume at all. Why should i?

Also, costumes are a bit too high.

I´d say 15 for a normal one, 20 for a limited one. +5 for weapons included sounds fair to me. Other items are really fair priced.

But most important thing is: add stuff! Korea has a huge collection of stuff already available. Open it up, it´s already existing, so can´t be that hard.

Posted (edited)

For me this is huge let down.. i can understand if the game was F2P.. But as B2P?? simply ridiculous.  it should be at 2500 pearls at 15  and should get you a minimum full set of armor and THATS becouse of BUY TO PLAY.. enything more is just stupid..

no.gif 

Ps.. make the pearl, money, armor and pets family bound and not charecter bound .. pleas.. every other game have learnd that..  don´t make this game into greed.

Edited by Crescentmoon

Posted (edited)

I say... GW2 has a better cash shop system.... not overpriced at all and you can exchange gold for gems or gems for gold.

Edited by MrHmm
1 person likes this

Posted

A new milestone in in-game payments history, Daum invented Mega Transactions :D

Posted

Ok.... here are few things which i noticed while testing and looking at the cash shop prices.... i bolded some of the things which are kinda important to notice

2500 pearls given from the conquerors pack

700 used on underwear for 1 luck.

2016-02-19_333357309.thumb.JPG.e84113a48

500 used for head accessory for chance to get increased knowledge level on monsters (affects dmg/loot)

2016-02-19_333423228.thumb.JPG.94430c5fb

500 used for ear accessory for chance to get increased knowledge level on monster 

2016-02-19_333406979.thumb.JPG.fa2aa5d4c

Free to use on things like inventory space,costumes,beds (increases energy gain while you lie down in them), pets (auto looting and buffs) or weight limit (35 days worth of loyalty for only 50lt increase). = 800 pearls = not enough to get even one pet!!

some of the housing items are also pretty nice to get and make you pay for stuff like faster energy regen...

Bed

2016-02-19_333460113.thumb.JPG.9a35c0d9b

Bookshelf

2016-02-19_333476712.thumb.JPG.2d131e890

and drawers:

2016-02-19_333509061.thumb.JPG.348f4c153

Posted (edited)

I actively play BnS. I buy almost all the costumes (for six different characters, no less). At least the pretty ones. There is no costume on the NA version of BnS that costs 1900 NC Coins. (There's a Bundle for NC 1,999 that comes with a costume and a bunch other stuff; not the same as we're talking about here, though it is somewhat analogous to the KR version of BDO, and almost justifies their higher prices). The most expensive is either NC 1,199 or 1,200 (roughly $15 US). And they drop in price usually after 1 or 2 weeks by 10% to 20%. Who cares how many coins you had to buy? It's what you spend that matters. You have left over, yes? That you can spend on something else?

(As an aside, if you did want to buy something for 1900 NC Coins, and didn't want the extra left over, you could buy one 1,600 Coin lot and one 400 Coin lot for a total of 2,000 NC Coins, which is $25, not $30. And you would still have 100 coins left over.)

there is!  i checked when i got home.  the costume cost me 1,999 nc coins.  true story.  it is a white shirt put out around Valentine's Day.   the "bunch of stuff" u mentioned is like glasses and some other accessory.

Edited by valencia

Posted (edited)

I don't think the stats on them are necessary to encourage people to buy the costume sets for a slight buff. In the end the buffs these sets have don't really matter to me. I'm not really convinced the prices are a DAUM problem, really I think its a Pearl Abyss problem. DAUM has taken all of the P2W concepts that plague the other versions and the cost might have to be made up for somewhere else. 

Those of you bringing up GW2 as an example of a well executed shop aren't considering the situation completely. GW2 comes out with new cosmetics fairly often. the prices more or less become affordable unless it has special affects. 

In contrast to BDO , which was originally released December 2014 (a little over a year) . And since then the amount of costumes/variety is still fairly small. What needs to happen is that they will need to release more cosmetic sets at a fairly decent pace for the prices that some of you are asking for. It's strange to compare BDO to games where one of the focuses are around collecting costumes when it clearly isn't a focus in BDO. 

Edited by Majestic Gazelle

Posted

I am just reading the description of it and it flat out says "It decorates a fishing boat". not gives you one.

So why there is a ticket for the wharf in the package, describing how to register the boat?
So everything we know right now doesn't look like a skin only.

We only can hope it's a mistake, otherwise it kills crafting.

Posted (edited)

tumblr_inline_o0gqu3osNY1ssndn6_500.thum

The prices are just ridiculous. People like me who bought the conquerors package can't even afford

a full costume with the 2500 pearls they get. However let's not forget about the most disappointing fact and that would be the additional bonus stats on those customes.

(So much for "We don't want this game to be P2W")

My proposition is to cut the prices in half. Instead of 3200 one would have to pay only 1600.

The same goes to pets and other overpriced items which make the game P2W. 

Otherwise I don't see myself investing my money into this game.

Edited by Marceline

Posted

Rather than ask me, what do you think is a fair conversion rate?

Please note: 

1. You cannot even trade gold in the game.
  2. Items are account bound.
  3. The money you earn is based off of what you do in game (fish, gather, kill mobs, etc.)

Interesting... 

However you can work around this by trading potions and the other person can sell the potions for silver/gold.2016-02-19_334824187.thumb.JPG.edd223da5

Posted

This is unacceptable for a buy to play game, make the game free or cut cash shop prices.Well I just refunded my money back I'm not going to support this greedy company.

Posted

the main thing i don't like about the cash shop atm is how it cost more than the game to get a costume. If the game was F2P, then sure I'd understand the current business model, but it's not F2P. We paid into the game, at least make RNG dyes permanent, and lower the outfits cost by $10 while removing added benefits (luck+1). 

Posted

Lowering the cost of the costume items would greatly increase the likelihood of purchases. As it stands now, I would buy one for the bonus and that's it.

For the love of all things holy, remove the ability to buy a boat from the shop. I was looking forward to spending the time to gather and craft one myself (and have it be a rarer accomplishment). The fact that anyone opening their wallet would have one as well, kills that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Still no response? Greed to stronk

Posted

Keep conplaining guys, THEY MUST LOWER THE PRICES.

Posted

Interesting... 

However you can work around this by trading potions and the other person can sell the potions for silver/gold.2016-02-19_334824187.thumb.JPG.edd223da5

I thought you cant do player trades ?

Posted

I thought you cant do player trades ?

I thought so also.. but there is a option to trade player if you mouse over them...

Posted

Of course you can trade non bound stuff, everything else wouldn't make any sense.
Who is spreading those rumors?

Posted

I thought so also.. but there is a option to trade player if you mouse over them...

Interesting.

Maybe they are experimenting during the last CBT, we will see on release.

Posted

What do you mean with experimenting? The trade feature is in for a long time and not obsolete.

Posted

I agree that adding stats on cash shop items is a bad idea. It takes it away from being a cosmetic thing you can spend money on if you want, but don't have to, and turn it into something that could potentially be required if you want to stay competitive.

If the stats are small enough, I'll live with it, I'm not exactly a min-maxer, but I still feel like it's not the best choice.

I also agree that the prices for costumes are too high. Guild Wars 2 does seem to have a good balance. I usually find myself way more likely to spend MORE money if I feel like I get a ton out of it. If prices stay like this, I might only spend enough to get 1-2 things. 

Posted

If these Boats are not being removed from the Pearl Shop I really have to re think my plans on playing BDO at release.
Why the heck would I spend time and effort into crafting when I can buy the real nice stuff like boats in the Pearl Shop?

Since the Shop there is no motivation from crafting perspective, it's nothing special to have your own fishing boat now.

It's terrible.

you do realize that boats are on a stamina system and slowly die/can't be repaired.

who the hell would buy a new boat off the shop constantly.... Not to mention you only need one skin and crafting a boat ISNT that hard. A day or two a a few hours work at best.

Posted (edited)

Ignoring the insane prices i see items having.. you could literally make a killing Pearl Abyss if you didn't have some  things that I see are putting a bad taste in everyone's mouth and other games have tried this in the past and have all have sank like the Titanic. Greed... it's the biggest problem,  your cash shop items are 1: including stats..  really? i mean.. really? Even a slight advantage is still a slight advantage to all aspects of a competitive game.. pvp gvg and pve are all gonna be a little better for those who are forking in more cash to a game that they were told is totally "Free" and sell cosmetics and convenience items only...    please take out the stats.. people will honestly buy a shit ton of costumes just for the looks.. look at the mobas out there.    Horse skins.. increasing the speed? Step 1 , how to win in the horse races that are looking big in this game..  Buy skin to win! .. 

I bought this game under the impression that they were going to have a better and more fair model.. greed kills games..     This game has loads of potential and I really wanna be excited and have fun with my friends on launch .. but now none of us seem all too excited from seeing the cash shop.. 

Please make changes of removing stats off costumes and mount skins.. no stats on cosmetic items period.. 

Edited by Hollow

Posted

I agree that adding stats on cash shop items is a bad idea. It takes it away from being a cosmetic thing you can spend money on if you want, but don't have to, and turn it into something that could potentially be required if you want to stay competitive.

If the stats are small enough, I'll live with it, I'm not exactly a min-maxer, but I still feel like it's not the best choice.

I also agree that the prices for costumes are too high. Guild Wars 2 does seem to have a good balance. I usually find myself way more likely to spend MORE money if I feel like I get a ton out of it. If prices stay like this, I might only spend enough to get 1-2 things. 

I'd drop some money on a costume, only thing preventing me from doing that is the fact that RNG dyes aren't permanent. No point in wasting more money on dyes than on the costume I bought simply because I can't get X amount of the dye that I want. 

Posted

How much does a costume cost in Korea in our currency?

Like for example if the game is free in Korea but costumes are like €50,- and somone buy 3 costumes you have €150,-

And its buy 2 play here for minimal €30,- and you buy 3 costumes for €25,- you have €105,-

Any thoughts?