• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

The prices are fine for me. People should get a better jobs :D

I dont think its really about getting a "better" job, its more about not wanting to spend alot more money then we should have to spend on a virtual coustme/pet.

if you went to a store and one store was selling an item for $30 and another was selling it for $60 would you buy the $60 one? just because you have money?

3 people like this

Posted

I don't like not being able to buy a set with my conqueror's pearls.

Don't like it a lot.

Posted (edited)

This is CBT2.  They are most likely trying to collect feedback on the prices.  It's in their best interest to start the price high.  It's a negotiation tactic.  Don't be surprised when they lower the prices in response to the negative feedback.

I posted the following in the CBT2 patch notes thread:

$32.00 for a complete costume seems like a bartering tactic.  After all the complaining, they will lower it to 25.00 or something and everybody will thank them because they think they are listening to their complaints about the prices. The reality is that they probably already had the price in mind that they were willing to accept from the beginning.  Just speculation of course.  

Edited by Kejara
words
3 people like this

Posted

I wouldn't spend 32 dollars on a costume if I won powerball.

7 people like this

Posted

I see me taking a loooong time to buy anything from the cash shop simply because the prices will make me more careful of exactly what I want to get.

Let the Disappointment flow people! We want change!!

--------------------------------

Good Points made so far:

Galeas: Prices are really unpleasant seeing as not even the 2,500 pearls you get from the conquerors package is enough to purchase a full armor/weapon set.

Miss Major: I want to buy a $25 of pearls and actually be able to get a 3 pack of pets or a full costume, otherwise it feels like a waste.

Naturallog: Nothing from the cash shop should be character locked though. If I spend real money on it, I should be able to move it to any character I want, any time I want. It's really unfair to those of us who play lots of characters.

Azura: We get 2500 pearls when we preorder conquerors pack. I feel a full set costume should be at max 2500 pearls in my opinion.

Caffeinated_Dani: Yeah, costumes should be definitely be around 15-20 and pets 5 dollars. If you want people to keep buying you need smaller numbers, so it won't feel like you are spending much but you still are buying more. We want these prices to be adjusted, please and thank you. 

Zev: I'd rather things be cheaper and buy lots of things, than buy one very expensive item.

Jaradis: You get 24 inventory slots to start,  31 more from quests.  That's 55.  So that leaves 137.  17 of the 8 packs would give you 136.  $8 x 17 = $136   And that's PER character.

toodamn_fullsize.jpg

this tbh senpai

Posted

Simple solution to the cash shop complaints: don't buy anything. That will not only save you money and solve your problem, it will send a message to Daum that they have greatly misunderstood the supply/demand curve.

3 people like this

Posted

They seem pretty standard to me. I mean, of course it's a cash grab. They make games to make money and this is how they're able to sustain the cost of running and updating the game after the initial flux of box prices are gone. The prices are fine to me.

The problem with that is you make more money at a lower price than you do selling less at a higher price.

That is generally how most companies make money.

They will have a far higher return with reasonable prices than they would trying to price gouge.

4 people like this

Posted

People that complain about prices clearly don't have a good job/career. Maybe playing games at this time is not the wisest thing you should be doing... Rather obtaining certifications or apply yourself to a school or if you're in one network and get a internship. (Did all this and now Idc about how much I spend on a game.)

Posted

Can we get some more super premium costumes, like $99-199 range, but at the same time lower some other ones to $15, the price of a monthly sub in most other games.  

Posted

I wouldn't spend 32 dollars on a costume if I won powerball.

yet you probably would spend it on a fancy car that you really don't need? But you buy it anyway cause you can?

Posted

People that complain about prices clearly don't have a good job/career. Maybe playing games at this time is not the wisest thing you should be doing... Rather obtaining certifications or apply yourself to a school or if you're in one network and get a internship. (Did all this and now Idc about how much I spend on a game.)

Do you want to support my Tamer? she likes clothes.

Posted

A fool and his money are soon parted. Thank you for keeping the quote alive guys. :3

7 people like this

Posted

I dont think its really about getting a "better" job, its more about not wanting to spend alot more money then we should have to spend on a virtual coustme/pet.

if you went to a store and one store was selling an item for $30 and another was selling it for $60 would you buy the $60 one? just because you have money?

What are you comparing? 1st Store is what? Lineage2? While other, the one that sells for 60 is BDO lol? If you like the game you might as well support it :)

Posted (edited)

I  think the US-net saying is the price of a costume should be about the price of a dinner, such that the mental dialogue will be that you're skipping a night out to play games instead.

so $15-$20 would be the fairly average range people will pull out their cards weekly.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

The reason the prices are high in Korea is to force a couple of the major P2W players to spend a lot and put them up on the AH for the poor players to buy. Since we do not have the option of putting up cash shop items on the AH, the whales essentially have nothing to buy in excess. We are left with people who would traditionally spend several thousand spending only a couple of hundred on pets and one or two costumes that they like for themselves, and the regular players probably buying nothing.

If the prices were lower, the regular players would be willing to spend a bit of money instead of spending nothing at all. That would have raised the overall spending.

Currently we'll have

100 whales spending $200 and 10,000 regular players spending nothing => $20,000 profit

instead of

100 whales spending $100 and 10,000 regular players spending $10 => $120,000 profit

Note: Just using arbitrary numbers to illustrate the situation.

3 people like this

Posted

That is not correct at all.  Many people complaining probably have wonderful jobs including myself. Its a question of value.  The fact that you don't care and value things differently doesn't make other people poor.  

9 people like this

Posted

lol yea. I actually dont mind wearing my exclusive conquerors outfit for the rest of my bdo career

Limited classes :[ 

Posted

e

w

l

a

d

Posted

I find pricing too high for these items, and the reasons why:

1. Pets. You can't buy them from other players who buy them off the cash shop, you can't obtain them in-game. If you want a pet with stats, you have to combine these pets and deal with RNG. If you get a pet with bad stats, there's nothing you can do with the pet except destroy it, or let it sit in your bank taking up space. I feel because of this, pets shouldn't be more than 500 pearls each. If you want to stick with the 800-900 price, then please let us choose the stats we put on them. 

2. Costumes are way overpriced. The reason I say this is because again they are not tradeable, and they are not shareable across all the characters on an account. If they were, then I would bite the bullet and pay ... well. 32$ for a full costume is huge, even if it was account-wide. If full costumes were no more than 15$, I would buy them for every alt I create. If I do pay this much for costumes, I better get access to decent inventory for my investment. Again, I don't mind supporting the game through cash shop purchases, but I want better value.

3. Same with furniture sets, 32$ is too expensive for a set of furniture. Again, they can't be sold or traded, and we're limited to five houses for decorating. That's a huge investment when I can't pass them to friends, even, if I replace them with something else, I would think twice about buying wallpaper, since the cash investment would be lost if I move, or change it. Is that price per wall, an entire room, a whole house? Or is it for a smaller section? Depending on what my 150 pearls covers depends on whether I'd invest in that or not.

The whole thing here is, nothing is tradeable, so we can't even get back some of our investment when we're done with cash shop items. Especially when it comes to costumes, it's no-trade and locked to one character. I won't be buying costumes at 32$. I just can't justify it. If costumes were much cheaper, I wouldn't have issue buying them for every character eventually. I want to support development, but there's no real value here, not with the inability to get at least part of our investment back by selling it to other players.  

Posted

lol soo... you pay $100 US for a game.... then you want to pay $30 for a costume.... Zzz some people have money to burn... good for you ... well the rest of us dont especially with exchange rates and all

Do you not have a job? I'm sure you could fork up 30 bucks a month for a costume

Posted

Limited classes :[ 

yea sucks for those of you planning to main blader/plum/ninja/etc

Posted

Do you not have any friends in real life that actually care?

Really pathetic attention seeking...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited by QuiCkyRa

Posted

Eventhough I don't have an issue with the prices personally I gotta say they are a bit on the "expensive" side. $32 for a costume set ? that is more expensive than the game itself. I would suggest lowering the prices a bit to an acceptable level. Perhaps $25 for a costume set and $7 for a pet. If they don't adjust the prices soon, they will scare away many potential investors :D .

Posted (edited)

I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering and work as a Design Engineer for one of the largest manufacturing companies in the world.   Just because I make a significant amount of money doesn't mean I'm just going to piss it away on over priced digital costumes that have no individual manufacturing cost after the first model was created.  In fact, the reason I have the money I do is because I don't piss it away like a fool.

Edited by Jaradis
13 people like this