• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

ALL benefits you get granted from costumes etc NEED to be removed from the game, this will be considered as Pay to win and will destroy the game when it comes to the western market. Why bother building a boat if you can just buy one, or why bother taming a horse if you can just buy one for real life money, look over the cashshop please.

The solution

Cash shop need to strictly only be cosmetic. Support/boost section of cashshop need to be changed, weight limit, Inventory space, region storage and revive potion HAVE to get removed from cash shop and be looked over, you could for example make it rewarding to get those things instead, so let me give you an example: You decide you need more inventory space because you like to loot alot or you need to be able to hold alot of material for life skills, You are now in a situation where you could just go to the cash shop and buy more bag space BUT where's the fun in that??, lets say you decide to be a hardcore crafter and once you reach a certain level and obtain the corret material you are now instead able to craft a bigger bag, Really you could implement the idea of making it more of a reward to any aspect of the game, lets say you are are a quester and if you make the right connections eventually you get a quest where you get a bigger bag as a reward. There's NO FUN in just being able to buy those things in the support/boost section, either put them only in the mileage shop or implement a rewarding way to obtain them which is the best option. Same thing goes for revive potion, It's really just BS that you even have that, the game is supposed to make you suffer if you die. BUT if you reach a high enough level in alchemy so you can brew that potion then it's TOTALLY fine, it will be rare and you never know what to expect of players. Be creative, please don't go the route of P2W make everything in the game rewarding. 

Posted

How much does a costume cost in Korea in our currency?

Like for example if the game is free in Korea but costumes are like €50,- and somone buy 3 costumes you have €150,-

And its buy 2 play here for minimal €30,- and you buy 3 costumes for €25,- you have €105,-

Any thoughts?

KR region is not EU

compare prices to other EU games -> its way more expensive than other F2P games.

They wont lower the prices? finde ill bring my money to Rito instead.

2 people like this

Posted

I would be alright for getting rid of stats for lower prices. I don't really like the idea of stats being on cosmetic armor in the cash shop anyway.

Posted (edited)

I play a lot of alts and love to max out every class that is female, I also want them all to have a costume but at this price i'd rather go without.

Lower the prices and take my money, if they stay like this I will not even spend my 2500 pearls till its cheaper.

Edit: please remove the stats from the cosmetics.

Edited by Ancientdragon

Posted

I really like many things of this game but mostly the feel, beautiful graphics and combat. Things I like dislike is UI which isn't really western and feels little clumsy. Also translation isn't that good. But I believe it will get better in time. Cash shop dress items are awful in my opinion. Price is too high in my opinion (30€) if you ask me I would make it (20€) top. And yes I can afford 30€ dress because I have job. But still biggest problem isn't price. It's that it gives minor buffs. Cosmectic items should be cosmetic for reason. So would love to see these minor buffs taken off.

Posted

guess another p2w game, i'm glad they gave me a chance to try the game before throw money for another game like this

cya

Posted

When I saw the game was B2P, I was super excited, but this cash shop is awful.

I was expecting account service items like character re-customization, server transfers, char slots, etc... with the occasional unique mount, vanity pet that doesn't do anything, or costume/skin without any stats on it. I was expecting a WoW store.

What we got instead was a full fledged exploitative and predatory RNG dye box, items with stats on them that while individually may be "negligible", cumulatively they will result in P2W down the road, and totally absurd price gouging.

The combination of this shop with the B2P entry fee makes me think that the publisher doesn't have any faith in the longevity of this game and wants to squeeze out as much money up front before dropping the B2P entry fee in 12 months.

Fore shame.

1 person likes this

Posted

These items so aren't p2w... We've known these items had these stats for almost 16 months.

where were you guys then?

10% exp is totally meaningless you're acting like its 200% and you'll never keep up with somebody who has a costume.

costumes make NO combative difference. Even the damn shrub costume only hides your name plate. Tbh most ganks happen without people seeing a person labeled clear as day until they're already beating you to death.

stop complaining about p2w it's not. What is bad, is the prices.

on the KR servers 99% of all players had costumes, and if you're THAT worried about those costumes giving everybody but you stats than you ARENT their target consumer.

they don't have to run in and make everything perfect for those of you who spent 30 bucks and never plan to spend another dime.

Posted

Aren't you excited to look like a shitty farmer NPC at the LEVEL CAP? because the -----ing prices are so damn high?

Posted

These items so aren't p2w... We've known these items had these stats for almost 16 months.

where were you guys then?

10% exp is totally meaningless you're acting like its 200% and you'll never keep up with somebody who has a costume.

costumes make NO combative difference. Even the damn shrub costume only hides your name plate. Tbh most ganks happen without people seeing a person labeled clear as day until they're already beating you to death.

stop complaining about p2w it's not. What is bad, is the prices.

on the KR servers 99% of all players had costumes, and if you're THAT worried about those costumes giving everybody but you stats than you ARENT their target consumer.

they don't have to run in and make everything perfect for those of you who spent 30 bucks and never plan to spend another dime.

Theses items aren't so p2w true, but it's only the beginning, it's a really a bad sign if in beta there is such items, that's "aren't so p2w". It'll only get worse and worse if at the start they couldn't avoid making such items

Posted

Aren't you excited to look like a shitty farmer NPC at the LEVEL CAP? because the -----ing prices are so damn high?

Let me know when you reach the level cap :P

Posted (edited)

I don't think the costume prices should change, honestly I don't think that is the problem. That being said I will say the dye system needs to be rethought and the pets should probably be a little cheaper. I don't think BDO has a cash shop problem, it has an Identity problem. So far from what I've seen in game the majority of characters look the same and the variety in cosmetic appearance doesn't really change. There needs to be more cosmetic options whether it be in game or in the cash shop. Now I'm not saying every costume should be 30$, but there should be variety. Every game has expensive sets one way or another. But this is countered by having a massive selection with a range of prices which BDO doesn't seem to have. I say BDO could easily keep the current sets the same prices if they were to add a larger selection with a range of prices. It's been out for a year so I'm not sure where the focus is, but that would honestly fix the problem. 

Edited by Majestic Gazelle

Posted (edited)

Lets not call them stats, because honestly. +1 luck or +exp gain is hardly a stat. Stats are things that effect combat, damage output or defense like Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence... These are not stats, they are convenience buffs. You don't have to grind AS much or loot your kills or have better luck at chopping wood or catching fish. But lets be honest here. The extra 10% exp bonus is not a big deal. Most of these people aren't going to be level cap before the no-lifers who sit on games all day every day even with the 10% exp bonus.

If you think you're going to get ahead of the next guy in levels you're probably wrong and to be honest you won't even notice that anyone has a 10% exp bonus. Really... +1 luck? Common now, that's just petty... Pets are a part of the game, no idea why people are complaining about that... Lets all get our grownup pants on and really think about this. They do need to make money, they do need a bit more of an appeal than "Ohh that's pretty" because to be honest, not too many people care what their characters look like. If you think this game will be successful without a sub model and with a cash shop full of only cosmetics, you're being a bit naive. If you want a cash shop full of convenience, this is it... If you want them to remove stats, we need to make a decision right now to pay 19.95/mo for the game to keep it profitable and healthy with updates and such. Which I would have no problem paying. 

Edited by Rostrax

Posted

you do realize that boats are on a stamina system and slowly die/can't be repaired.

who the hell would buy a new boat off the shop constantly.... Not to mention you only need one skin and crafting a boat ISNT that hard. A day or two a a few hours work at best.

Apparently you don't know much about crafting boats including pre requisites.
And where is the motivation for crafting when you buy it in a shop? you make no sense!

Posted (edited)

people seem to ignore everyone else and just complain: here made a post which people should read before complaining: (if a CM could merge it, it would be fine)

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted (edited)

If they gonna change the prices they should do it fast since people are spreading bad words about that over the internet what cause negative advertisement for the game which is so close to the launch, there's hundred of negative posts below every video/article/forum thread.

In my opinion prices for pets are too higher since you've to exchange two pets for one to increase your tier and it still depends on luck - random skills for combat xp etc/higher tier=faster looting. We've been testing and average amount of pets needed to get a decent tier of three pets is 18~~x 9$/€=162 9$/€ (according to mine and friends of mine tests), sometimes you can have more luck or less...

This is old game with grinding style+PvP content mixed what personally I love it but without spending 150 dollars for pets to loot you'll much worse than anyone who spend about 150 dollars for pets what seems ridiculous.

@PM_Belsazar

@CM_Jouska

Edited by Enzo

Posted

I was hoping for a 15% or so reduction in cash shop prices after the we were given all the information.

However, after all the rage posts, ridiculous conclusions, and illogical claims I've been seeing the past few days... leave the prices alone. I'd rather Black Desert be a smaller community in the beginning. As long as the developers can stick to their plan and avoid P2W the game will get a reputation, a good one. It will take time, but maybe more and more players will want to play and accept the cost associated with Black Desert.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I was hoping for a 15% or so reduction in cash shop prices after the we were given all the information.

However, after all the rage posts, ridiculous conclusions, and illogical claims I've been seeing the past few days... leave the prices alone. I'd rather Black Desert be a smaller community in the beginning. As long as the developers can stick to their plan and avoid P2W the game will get a reputation, a good one. It will take time, but maybe more and more players will want to play and accept the cost associated with Black Desert.

Pets are P2W, the higher tier of pets you got the more amount of drops -  without looting drops by yourself when pets are doing the job what means that you can focus only on killing monsters what cause that you will get a lot of more experience points (+skills like % xp form them) than anyone without pets or without enough money to spend 150 dollars to increase tier of pets to the decent level.

My 2 cents

Even cat reward in Velia town is removed (yes, you could get one kitty during beta in KR from simple quest what takes 1 minute), it was removed a long time ago, I thought there willl be possibility to get this cat from quest since our version is B2P.

Proof:

Edited by Enzo
3 people like this

Posted

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I think I just fell in love.

1 person likes this

Posted

Theses items aren't so p2w true, but it's only the beginning, it's a really a bad sign if in beta there is such items, that's "aren't so p2w". It'll only get worse and worse if at the start they couldn't avoid making such items

I dunno man, the KR servers have had these items and only these items since release. They've released no other items with combative stats that damage anything. You'd think if they were playing p2w bait and switch they'd have done it before the KR servers had an exodus.

Posted

The guys asking Daum to copy the GW2 cash shop are really stupids people.

1- You can sell cash shop money for silvers = P2W in BDO

2- You can buy +50% exp for one hour, or even the same things for every progression = P2W in BDO

3- You can use keys bought in the CS to get things that you can sell from RNG Boxes = P2W in BDO

4- You can buy consumables = Great advantage for the P2winers in BDO

5- You can buy better tools = P2faster in BDO

6- You can buy items such as bank and vendor summon scrolls or even repair item = Game breaking in BDO

Yeah you guys are outerly right. We should get this model for BDO. I think just to gain 15e on a costume we should get the P2W back, it was not game breaking enough on the other BDO versions. Let's be happy all together, we got a superb idea! Right? ... Right?

Posted

Summoning the Bank npc in gw2 and summoning your bank stash in BDO is an entirely different thing. A service has different value and impact on the p2w factor depending on the game's basic mechanics.

For the above example in GW2 all you save is 1 minute and a few silver from teleporting back and fort. In BDO you would gain a huge advantage for that QoL item.

Posted

So no more quest to get a cat ? damn ><

Posted

I dunno man, the KR servers have had these items and only these items since release. They've released no other items with combative stats that damage anything. You'd think if they were playing p2w bait and switch they'd have done it before the KR servers had an exodus.

That's a good point. 

The possibility of grabbing the cash from the players wanting a fair and not P2W game in the beginning, then grabbing the whales later on will always exist. I want to play an MMO, and one that appeals to my tastes. Black Desert is the only game that fits my needs, so i'll take the gamble and invest in all the cash shop items i need to have fun. Sadly, if i main the female blader, i need to wait a bit to invest that money. Off topic i know but, not having all the classes at launch seems like a mistake from a business point of view that sort of relates to the cash shop with all these character bound items..

Posted

The biggest joke is there is no official reaction to this shitstorm so far...