• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

This will be the first B2P MMO in history where I look like a peasant until Max level. To chance my appearance, I have to buy costumes, pets etc. for atrocious prices. They also come with stats bonuses.

That makes me facepalm when people are being ripped off without knowing it.
32€ is okay for you? Well then 2 months later there comes a costume with sparkling effects - makes 40€. Adding a scarf costs 45€. Now adding a +15% bonus XP will cost 50€.
If you're willing to spend that much money for some pixels then I wish you good luck in the future.

if  youre willing to pay 50€ for +15% XP im okay with that. do it please....i love people paying ridiculous prices for minor powerups/buffs

Posted

It is true that you can increase your weight limit with training and your inventory with quests..

However as far as I know you can only get a max of ~40 extra LT and 31 extra inventory slots.

So a regular player can have:

- 55 inv slots

- ~350 LT

vs. a player that pays ~150$ for pearls:

- 192 inv slots

- 650 LT

The only question is: Can you really make great use of this advantage? Or is just a nice-to-have? Anyone? :ph34r:

Easier time with trade routes, gathering, etc. In combat they won't have any advantage but since they have more weight and inv slots, its clear p2w because they have more than you. Simple as that. 

Posted (edited)

You've asked for a game without pay to win options (aka reselling shop items via the auction house) now face the prices for cosmetics accordingly to that and stop your whining.

Or do you guys really think that the cheap buy to play price entitles you to get super cheap stuff for the upcoming years?
Servers have to be paid.
Wages have to be paid.
A regular mmo nets between 120-180 USD or € per year in monthly subs per player (not calculating the initial buy to play or expansion costs)
A buy to play without a sub or free to play game usually gets even more money out in total from their playerbase from cash shops, cosmetics and 'advance faster' options.
and here you are asking for cheaper stuff? As if a company would lower the prices as long as people are willing to pay them. If you compare them with the KR prices you should be grateful for the NA/EU prices

Edited by Sedlina
2 people like this

Posted

The only beneficial bonus you have on costume is the stacked XP boost. Everything else is utterly negligible to the point where you don't even notice. 

I do love your site into the future though. How is Trump as president?

If you think it's worth your money then buy it. I won't.

I don't care if the stats bonuses are negligible. Just remove them. I don't see any reason why they should even exist, except pissing some people off.

Posted

I don't care if the stats bonuses are negligible. Just remove them. I don't see any reason why they should even exist, except pissing some people off.

Why are negligible stats pissing you off?  Why remove something meaningless to you?

Posted

Why are negligible stats pissing you off?  Why remove something meaningless to you?

Because it is so much p2w!!!!111!!!111!1!!! look, you can jump higher! and your mount can run 1% faster!!!111 thats so unfair +cry+

Posted

And why not simply removing them if they're so meaningless?

If I buy some costumes, then they should change the appearence only. But that's my opinion.

Posted

If I buy some costumes, then they should change the appearence only. But that's my opinion.

You said they were negligible.  I like having a small boost, even if minor for my purchases.

I don't want what is already there removed.  It is easier to add features than taking them away.  It's the same reasoning why people hate nerfing abilities.

Posted

Well, as everyone agree the prices are too high for B2P game (away too high).  As 2nd point is the states, do you think these states wont expand later on? extra dmg or more crit or ....etc in away would give advantage to players who can/want to buy them? No matter what they will do that, do you think that they will sell anything else if they dont do something that will make you want to buy other than changing the appearance.

I will assume that they made 5million dollar from selling the current costumes and subs what after that? how they will make more money? maybe added mounts with extra states ..etc.

My point is:

1- Lower prices

2- Remove all kind of states and make it pure game play.

~IceMyth~

Posted

I hope that we can buy Pearls with Silver like a GUILD WARS 2 ,

it's a B2P game and the cash shop give you bonus not only esthetics...

Posted

There are some players who will pay just to have those almost insignificant bonuses and I'd wager there are just as many players who won't buy them because they have bonuses. What about all those players in between? They won't remove them because of players like you. If you're complaining it's because you want them. You just don't like the price for them. Many other players will cave and buy them.

Do you like nice clothes, a nice house, nice car, nice food? You pay for it. In this case we're talking about an MMO. It's nice because it's not pay to win. Every MMO seems to try and be just like the next one. Do we not have really bad MMOs that cost almost nothing to play right now? Is it really so hard to believe we'd have MMOs that are expensive to play too? If you want your leather interior (no P2W), Bose speakers (awesome graphics), you pay for it.

Players can't dump tens of thousands of dollars and become a god in NA/EU. You can do this in other MMOs, hell, you can do this in KR. Even if you really consider the bonuses on cash shop items P2W in NA/EU, there is a limit on what you can buy. You can either invest your money into them over the course of your playtime. One year, two, maybe three plus. Or you can invest all at once. This is one advantage of the game not being a subscription game. If you want the bonuses gone from the cash shop items and thus the incentive to buy them, I'd wager we are looking at a subscription model as the only alternative. I've seen how players react to sub based games. But frankly, they react that way to everything, so Pearl Abyss and DAUM can't win no matter what they do.

Well, as everyone agree the prices are too high for B2P game (away too high).  As 2nd point is the states, do you think these states wont expand later on? extra dmg or more crit or ....etc

They haven't expanded, the games been out for a year in KR and it's actually P2W and they still have not done this. You can't ignore history just because it suits you.

Posted (edited)

Costumes should be $10-$15.

Pets should be $5-$10.

In gw2, costumes cost 15 dollars, and in some cases 10. They are overpriced in BD. No matter how much you defend it, the game will suffer with the prices where they are currently set. If you want this game to do well, sustain players, and keep growing, they will need to reduce the prices of cosmetic items. They already will be charging a box price, and the lower the prices are usually means more people will buy the items.

Edited by Tatiana
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Costumes should be $10-$15.

Pets should be $5-$10.

In gw2, costumes cost 15 dollars, and in some cases 10. They are overpriced in BD. No matter how much you defend it, the game will suffer with the prices where they are currently set. If you want this game to do well, sustain players, and keep growing, they will need to reduce the prices of cosmetic items. They already will be charging a box price, and the lower the prices are usually means more people will buy the items.

Spot on they have to compete with other NA/EU mmo prices.  It doesn't matter if we have it cheaper than Korea, we are a very different market.

Edited by InstantClassic

Posted

I hope that we can buy Pearls with Silver like a GUILD WARS 2 ,

it's a B2P game and the cash shop give you bonus not only esthetics...

you can't have a system like that in a game with vertical progression unless you want pay to win

the gw system works because you have only horizontal progression the second you add things to buy for in game currency that increase your ability to fight in game such as higher level enchants making a system like gw2 has where player swap their in game currency over the trading post for cash shop currency which is only available because other players pay money to spend cash shop currency on in game it become a pay to win game so it would completely negate taking stats off of costumes

and there is no game in existence that I know of that allows you to convert in game money to cash shop money that doesn't work the other way round hell gw has price fluctuation build into their converter to keep the supply and demand in check

Posted

Is the Cash shop free cash recharging again today? Keep getting errors when I check

Posted

When did I say they were worth the money? 

how is jump 0.5 gonna affect anyone? Or gathering +1? It's just silly. Lmao.

Posted

You've asked for a game without pay to win options (aka reselling shop items via the auction house) now face the prices for cosmetics accordingly to that and stop your whining.

Or do you guys really think that the cheap buy to play price entitles you to get super cheap stuff for the upcoming years?
Servers have to be paid.
Wages have to be paid.
A regular mmo nets between 120-180 USD or € per year in monthly subs per player (not calculating the initial buy to play or expansion costs)
A buy to play without a sub or free to play game usually gets even more money out in total from their playerbase from cash shops, cosmetics and 'advance faster' options.
and here you are asking for cheaper stuff? As if a company would lower the prices as long as people are willing to pay them. If you compare them with the KR prices you should be grateful for the NA/EU prices

Yeah but it could be a little cheaper. A F2P game like vindictus has costumes at 19$ and has half the premium stats. The 32$ version of the costume in vindictus has full premium stats so the extra ~13$ is just for the stats.  Since BDO is b2p, the costumes should be more like ~15-18$. 

Posted (edited)

3200 pearls for a costume? Yes it is far too much for a buy to play game. Blade and Soul also charges over the top for in game content as well, but that is a free to play game.

The Secret world is a buy to play MMO and their costume charges are more in line to what people would be happy with paying in my opinion (Just to add a normal costume in TSW will set you back around £6.00. They do have two special ones that will set you back £70 but I doubt many will buy that one) . Which equates to being only a few pounds rather than a couple of hours real life work on a 8 hour day.

I know the game needs to get cash after people have bought it, but to charge them £16 for a new outfit when none drop in the game as loot or given out as a reward for quests is asking far too much.

Will it stop me from playing the game? Simple answer is no.
Will I buy anything from the game shop? Not at these prices.

Edited by Delte

Posted

It's beyond me that anyone can defend or be unconcerned about a studio charging @$30 for pixelknickers.

I get it that some don't care one way or the other - to me that's just modern life and as indicative of where the human race is going as watching 500 lunatics screwing each other over in a virtual field where the life-expectancy of an imp never nudged over .3 nanoseconds. For hours.

In other words, it would be great and life-affirming if we had a complete consensus on the value of digital underwear, Luck +1... but evidently there are those that enjoy being contrary, are incredibly insistent upon their own delusional subsets, or simply cannot bring themselves to support fellow humans as to do so would be uncools in a wetly manner.

While you exist and are vocal... studios will manoeuvre as much money out of ALL of our pocketses as possible... and the rip-off world will continue. Great. Super. And you think this is a good thing? Buhuh!

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah but it could be a little cheaper. A F2P game like vindictus has costumes at 19$ and has half the premium stats. The 32$ version of the costume in vindictus has full premium stats so the extra ~13$ is just for the stats.  Since BDO is b2p, the costumes should be more like ~15-18$. 

Vindictus is honestly one of the cheapest Western F2P MMO's when it comes to the Cosmetic side, here we will not have P2W Items (In Vindictus case it would be selling NX or getting gamble boxs to buy your way gear wise) So I do not feel the outfit should be 19 but 23ish € would be fair, 25 tops.

Posted

I think it should be taken into account that every character in the same class looks the same unless they buy a costume. Most MMOs have costumes that people can farm but in BDO everything involving cosmetics is in the cash shop which is nice and all but the price should be affordable so many people can buy costumes and you can see the different styles that players like wearing. If the prices are cheaper people will be inclined to buy more often which is what you want in a game where everyone would look the same otherwise. I just think the game world would look so much prettier if everyone could afford a costume ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

It is true that you can increase your weight limit with training and your inventory with quests..

However as far as I know you can only get a max of ~40 extra LT and 31 extra inventory slots.

- 55 inv slots

- ~350 LT

- 192 inv slots

- 650 LT

The only question is: Can you really make great use of this advantage? Or is just a nice-to-have? Anyone? :ph34r:

Is pay for convenience , the only avantaje over a player that dont buy pearls is for weight u cant stay double or triple the time în a farming spot. U will go 1 time în 3-4 hours he will go 3-4 times in the same period in town. For inventory space is clear u have more space when u are in a farming spot. But especially for fishing whit a good lvl of fishing whit a good fishing poll aka afk fishing = thousants, millions silvers for free. Is not play to win is play for convenience Sorry for bad english im not native.

Posted

you can't have a system like that in a game with vertical progression unless you want pay to win

the gw system works because you have only horizontal progression the second you add things to buy for in game currency that increase your ability to fight in game such as higher level enchants making a system like gw2 has where player swap their in game currency over the trading post for cash shop currency which is only available because other players pay money to spend cash shop currency on in game it become a pay to win game so it would completely negate taking stats off of costumes

and there is no game in existence that I know of that allows you to convert in game money to cash shop money that doesn't work the other way round hell gw has price fluctuation build into their converter to keep the supply and demand in check

I mean a chance to buy Pearls with Silver not viceversa , i point out it's a B2P game and who paid the game maybe can't aford other moneys , the Pearls Shop give bonus ingame with costumes and other , if you don't spend Real money you have no ways to have that items.

Posted

It's beyond me that anyone can defend or be unconcerned about a studio charging @$30 for pixelknickers.

I get it that some don't care one way or the other - to me that's just modern life and as indicative of where the human race is going as watching 500 lunatics screwing each other over in a virtual field where the life-expectancy of an imp never nudged over .3 nanoseconds. For hours.

In other words, it would be great and life-affirming if we had a complete consensus on the value of digital underwear, Luck +1... but evidently there are those that enjoy being contrary, are incredibly insistent upon their own delusional subsets, or simply cannot bring themselves to support fellow humans as to do so would be uncools in a wetly manner.

While you exist and are vocal... studios will manoeuvre as much money out of ALL of our pocketses as possible... and the rip-off world will continue. Great. Super. And you think this is a good thing? Buhuh!

Well see now here we go with the whole devils advocate stance again the questions is really are you going to gain 30$ worth of enjoyment from them and ya know what some people are whether or not your or I like it

The question here isn't really what the items are worth but what price point the company can make the most money selling them at.

Now I personally think lowering the prices some would equate to more money made overall but I don't have any data to really back up that claim.

As far as the games payment model p2p. b2p, f2p I have no idea why some people think that has any bearing whatsoever on cost of items on the cash shop but then again maybe its because in 19 years of online gaming I've never seen a correlation to lower prices based on buying or paying a sub for a game unless it was an optional sub that gave a cash shop discount as one of the perks.  And far as I can tell our game being b2p is why we don't have pay to win cash shop items for the whales to pay everyone's way with.

I mean a chance to buy Pearls with Silver not viceversa , i point out it's a B2P game and who paid the game maybe can't aford other moneys , the Pearls Shop give bonus ingame with costumes and other , if you don't spend Real money you have no ways to have that items.

like I say such a system has never existed and while its true some people don't have extra money for in game cash shops the reason they exist is so players the games can make a profit and continue its development in the hopes of making more profit a cash shop without exclusive items is a cash shop that makes no money, sorry but that's reality and a 1 time fee for a game won't keep its servers running forever.

I understand people have other bills to pay but so do companies and they also have shareholders they have to please its a sad reality of a capitalist world but that's a whole other debate. 

Posted

- 55 inv slots

- ~350 LT

- 192 inv slots

- 650 LT

Easier time with trade routes, gathering, etc. In combat they won't have any advantage but since they have more weight and inv slots, its clear p2w because they have more than you. Simple as that. 

The advantage in combat is that you can carry more potions with you! (each potion weights certain amount of LT).