• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm thorne. I want to support Pearl Abyss for making a good game, but at the same time I don't want to be a part of Daum's cash grab.

I had really high hopes for BDO NA/EU, but when I heard that a mobile publisher would get involved I feared this would happen. 

Posted

I've heard people claim that this is already the case. Do you have a source that shows it isn't?

I wish there was a source about it becuase it could chance a whole lot if bonus xp was actually mutually exclusive and capped when it comes to consumables from CS/in-game. No one seems to be able to confirm anything so far, even the people that defend the current cash shop and the stat gains.

Posted (edited)

I'd like to add that some people at least I saw some topics on this and other forums had problems with  Xincode3. I had problem with that in Character Creator, adding it's whole folder to exeptions in antivirus made it working, but it didn't work out for CBT2, I had like 50fps in game and 30 when in crowded by players and npcs cities/towns sometimes I even had freakin slideshow. But it was okay except that and game was working nice, but then because of slideshow the game frozen permanently I had to restart PC after that, I launched game and got what? Crash on startup XINCODE3 Detected suspicious program! Out of nowhere! Couldn't launch the game by hour tried different tricks and finally a stupid solution worked, making all .exe files of the game launching as admin. Now I have in plans to upgrade my pc especially buying new processor to be able to run this and other games even better than I can now. Also I'm scared to death of xincode bullshit as I heard some ppl can't launch games with this crap till now. I'm afraid that it may happen to me as well... hopefully not. You expect I buy something for price of 30-40€ which I pay for brand new games even preorders and then xincode decide I won't play because out of nowhere it found some suspicious program? There are still other priorities in real life to invest. Also I'm student not some billionaire... I'd say HALF price in cash shop. And replace that bullshit xincode3.

Edited by Scarcrow

Posted

I'd like to add that some people at least I saw some topics on this and other forums had problems with  Xincode3. I had problem with that in Character Creator, adding it's whole folder to exeptions in antivirus made it working, but it didn't work out for CBT2, I had like 50fps in game and 30 when in crowded by players and npcs cities/towns sometimes I even had freakin slideshow. But it was okay except that and game was working nice, but then because of slideshow the game frozen permanently I had to restart PC after that, I launched game and got what? Crash on startup XINCODE3 Detected suspicious program! Out of nowhere! Couldn't launch the game by hour tried different tricks and finally a stupid solution worked, making all .exe files of the game launching as admin. Now I have in plans to upgrade my pc especially buying new processor to be able to run this and other games even better than I can now. Also I'm scared to death of xincode bullshit as I heard some ppl can't launch games with this crap till now. I'm afraid that it may happen to me as well... hopefully not. You expect I buy something for price of 30-40€ which I pay for brand new games even preorders and then xincode decide I won't play because out of nowhere it found some suspicious program? There are still other priorities in real life to invest. Also I'm student not some billionaire... I'd say HALF price in cash shop. And replace that bullshit xincode3.

In a thread about the cash shop and its items, your post seems a little lost ;) 

Posted (edited)

In a thread about the cash shop and its items, your post seems a little lost ;) 

I don't really think so. ;) Would you like to pay for game then buy some expensive stuff in cash shop and got stupid error that stops you from playing the game? I mean overall lowering prices like everyone here does I just mentioned some reasons why I want that.

I can delete the part about "replacing xincode" this is indeed kinda offtopic here, but the rest not so much imo.

Edited by Scarcrow

Posted

So my impressions of the Cash Shop:

• Prices are that high because there are stats on the costumes (low prices means everyone would get them but the exclusive stats gives players the feeling they need to buy them thus the stats and the price are directly linked)
  • While the advantage one gets from buying items is not that big or gamebreaking it still gives an advantage to the people who bought stuff over those who did not, effectively creating a gap between Cash Shop Players and Non Cash Shop Players which cannot be overcome by gameplay alone (This leaves many players with a bad feeling because all this means is that they cannot be on the top of the game if they did not buy stuff from the cash shop)
  • Giving out Cash Shop exclusive XP-Boosts means effectively that players who bought those XP-Boosts will further the distance the longer time is invested meaning that the true advantage of those XP-Boosts will be observable maybe 6 months after release so saying that those buffs are too big or marginal is only speculation. However 25% XP-Boost means I just grinded mobs for 5 days instead of 4 but in the same timeframe, adding that up for let's say 2 years would result in 6 Months of time advantage.
  • I cannot really commend about the Ghillie Suit because I haven't gotten that far however with it's design and it's set bonus I can easily imagine guilds asking their members to get a Ghillie Suit just because they want to be stealthier during castle sieges or are about to ambush another guild.

My Conclusion:

Really everyone who is playing this casually or somewhat casually do not have to be worried at all, for a casual player most if not all the items in the cashshop seem like convenience rather than a mandatory purchase.

However I feel like hardcore players will receive the long end of the stick. Most stat increases scale with time invested and as such cater more toward the hardcore competitive people who are trying to be the best or one of the best on their respective server. This feels like any player who wants to stay on top of the server for more than 3 months will HAVE TO buy those items which is always a bad feeling after already purchasing a game.

In the End I think that the Cash Shop is a lot better than other games and will not impact gameplay in a big enough fashion to destroy the game, However the nature of those Items will not resonate well with the western market putting off a lot of players to play this game at all or try to be competitive and personally I feel like MMOs need competitive players to survive.

Posted

I posted a Thread on this topic and got the hint from Zanmoto, that the main discussion on this takes place in here, so I wanted to post my thoughts on it here. I tried to keep it as short as possible, without losing too much of the arguments.

Hello dear developers, Hello BDO-Community,

my name is Chris aka Azsharion and I want to share my thoughts on BDO, the Cash-Shop and its impact on the game. I rarely do this, maybe I should already have done this in other games I played. Just for reference: I am playing videogames since I was a child including all genres and esports, but will only name mmorpgs, since they matter for this topic: Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, Guild Wars 2, Rift, The Elder Scrolls Online, Wildstar, Final Fantasy 14, Blade and Soul (maybe I forgot some I played less), in which I often created and/or organized very good guilds. The development of new financing systems due to cash-shops, free2play-models etc. is an element which of course does not only affect Black Desert Online, so I don't want to s***-talk this game. I like the game, many friends of mine and our new guild also like it and we will play it, even though I want to share some critics and possible solutions on the system, just as a game-loving man who studies corporate organization.

First of all, I am happy that the game is NOT free2play. This helps a lot in avoiding trolls, goldsellers, people that do not have much passion for the game etc. And I want to say that the energy-system for posting in the general chat is a great idea for the containment of spam and gold-selling. A Cash-shop is nowadays widely used to support the company financially, which is in general not a bad thing. But the design of a cash-shop has to be appropriate and is a very sensitive topic. There are various problems with the cash-shop I see, especially if you plan on playing this game for a longer time and in a competitive way, which I will now adress in detail. These are just my thoughts and possible improvements.

Skins & Costumes:
Skins might be the most distributed way of getting money through cash-shops and therefor does not seem a problem in general. But this is a point where the game gets a tremendous amount of critics, and those critics are appropriate. At first, a skin costs 30 €, which is, of course, way too much. You really need to rethink this FAST, because you scare many possible gamers of, who want to play a new mmorpg. You have a good shot in getting a great amount off players, since there is no real competition on the mmorpg-market at the moment. Additionally, the skins give stats, which may not be too strong or powerful, but those are stats which matter in theorycrafting towards the endgame and are very helpful during the whole game overall. So this is a definitive advantage, even though not too big. Additionally, you only implemented a small amount of different designs of the standard armour & weapons so that most players without skins look the same and mostly not good at all. Combining the cost for such a skin with the benefitial stats, the overall design of the appearance of players without skins and the high price, this results in a serious problem between gameplay & fun and the cash-shop.

The thing is: just imagine how much more rewarding and motivating this system could be, if for example some skins were distributed in the game among mobs or npcs, it would be very motivating for people. You have a nice set-system for the skins which can be beautifully combined with the grinding aspect of the game. For example, a "goblin-slayer" skin-set could be added at a low droprate for all goblins, which would motivate people even more to grind and have much fun with it. The mob-rating from C to S also increases the working motivation towards such a system. Just like that, you could spread some special skins with all single set-items at low droprates to different mob-groups. Of course, these skins should not be the most beautiful of the game, you can still sell those in the shop, but let's say at a price of about 20 € for a whole costume, which would be fine overall for everyone I think. In such a scenario, I would absolutely buy skins from your shop to support the company and would not have a bad feeling on feeding a system which I do not want to support.

Boats & Wagons:

Skins for boats and wagons are a great way for customization and are perfectly placed in a cash-shop. So in general, this is totally fine. But why would you hand out a crafted boat and a wagon with the skin? This again is a small advantage for people buying those, especially in the beginning of the game. The crafting of a boat takes some time and is pretty rewarding and fun, but not if you craft it for a long time and feel you accomplished something, when people who don't even know how to craft it already cruise with their bought skin-boat. The boat and the wagon should be crafted and bought in the game, while skins for those are totally fine in the cash-shop. It feels like it does not matter that much, but it is again a definitive little boost, which it does not have to be. I myself am still thinking if I should by the boat just to save time when the game is released and being able to perform other professions. Also, 20 € again is really much for that and could easily be reduced to like 15€ and WITHOUT a boat or wagon.

Underwear:

Underwear gives the Luck +1 bonus, which is a benefit that should be used from the beginning by every player to increase the profit per hours played. Again, this is a small bonus, but it also is a definite one. The cost of 7 € is totally fine for such a thing, but it again is not only cosmetic but also helps the player who pays cash. This is a very small critic and the least problem of the shop I think, but how about letting some mobs drop underwear that gives +1 luck, while the underwear in the shop gives +2? Even though the difference is the same, people can at least have some of it without paying and don't feel like they have to buy some.

Pets:

If I am right about this, it is a serious problem for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from all I've heard and read you can't really find pets in the game. I heard of some quest rewards on the russian server and things like that, but overall, you seem to not be able to get pets at least to a sufficient amount to not have a deficit opposite to paying players. Those pets collect loot and have buffs and abilities, which give advantages to players. Due to the tiers of pets, you need to buy a big amount of pets to breed those onto highest tiers, so only the players investing a high amount of money will be able to get those. It should be possible to at least find pets or get them dropped, even if the percentage is low. But putting them exclusively in the shop is definitely not a fair model for the impact they have on the game. It is much fun to breed pets and have them, don't take them away from anyone who just likes to play, pays for your game and loves it. Exclusive and beautiful pets are of course no problem. If you want to have 3 Tier 4 pets, you need to decide if you spend this money for those pets or a new car. Someone calculated how much is needed for that... sorry, but this is ridiculous. The random factor in this breeding makes it even more expensive. Why does it need to be so different from the very cool and nice system with mounts? This system is motivation and so much fun. You can reduce breeding time with money and things like that. Everything okay with it! Why are the pets put into such a dramatic problem when you already have a good system for mounts? Give at least standard pets to the players in the game and beautiful skins, reduced breeding time and specials to the shop.

Colours, Inventory, Weight:

Totally fine so far from what I know about those three things. Those are okay in the cash-shop and I do not feel that you especially developed a lack of inventory space to force people into buying those. Colours seem to be craftable, even though some might be exclusive for the shop - this is totally fine and a good system! But if it is only possible to buy them all of them in the shops, it again is a minor demotivation. The weight-system is totally fine and I do not see a problem there. Overall, a set of different categories for dyes would be very good. Let players find, buy or craft some standard colours and add more beautiful or special colours to the shop. People will love to start off with some own dyes for individualization and be willing to pay for further individualization in well priced premium colours. You put such an amazing effort on the character editor, but then you let everyone run around in the same 3 armour types, only allowing them to buy high-prized skins or all colours? That is definitely not a good system and works against your beautfiul character editor.

Skill Point Resets:

I admit that I do not know if there are complete resets for skill points within the game. If there are, it is good and important. Only putting them in the cash shop without enabling people to buy or get it ingame in a sufficient amount is working against an open world sandbox mmo. Sandbox-MMOs are for people that like to experiment, also with skillsets and everything. I think it is not good to put them in the ingame-shop, but I feel it is only a minor point when viewing the whole situation. It does not matter that much since you get so many skill points towards the endgame that you can get almost every skill up.

Conclusion

So these were the points I wanted to adress. Please correct me if I have a wrong perception of some of these systems, official info on the eu/na-versions is scarce and there are many myths spread out on various websites. Overall, I really like Black Desert Online. The game has very cool systems and is a very good sandbox-mmo from what I have seend and played so far. I am hyped for the release! You did a nice job on the game. But those things in the cash-shop give a bad feeling and a bitter taste to a good game, which it does absolutely not need to have. The great has a good potential to have a big and long-living playerbase, creating a healthy Portfolio for the company. But those details can result in a shift, since it is a sensitive topic and the balance has to be found. People should be able to get an at least decent looking character with maximum stats due to gameplay without paying an immense amount of money. Making the game buy2play with a cash-shop is a model which can be very good for the players and the company, financially and fun-related. I am not stupid, of course some of these systems tend to make the cash-shop expensive and deliberately lose an amount of players while getting more money from the ones who really want to play the game and a little amount of those might completely finance the whole project. I don't think this is the right way and the game will lose longevity. For example, counting only 100.000 gamers paying 30 € per skin or 150.000 games paying 20 € per skin is a fine difference, especially including costs for servers etc. But with the fix costs of an existing game and system, the management of a bigger playerbase can be more profitable to a company and thus the game and players. Of course, I just outlined a little scheme of some variables on the financing of a game and I will not do a complete calculation of this, since it is a complex topic with many variables. In the past, this kind It is just to show the beginning of simple thought processes which might lead to a overall better situation for all involved. I tried to keep the text as small as possible, so more details are lacking but the post is more accessible and can be talked about. I myself have no problem in putting money into a hobby and game I love, I always support the games which deserve it, if the money is well spent with good reasoning. For example, I bought many things in the shop for Path of Exile, which is absolutely not needed in the game, but they deserve it for what they do. The cash-shop in this game gives me a bad feeling while I am planning my game-start and what I should buy to be perfectly competitive and satisfied with the game and my character. The balance between the game and the shop have shifted too much towards the shop and if I would apply my moral standards and my belief of a good system to this game, I would definitely NOT buy it. But I like the game very much and want to play a new mmorpg, so you guys got that going for you for now. Don't overextend, you already lost a good portion of reputation and you need to fix this if you don't want to lose an essential part of the community right away. If your aim is to just get short-term money and lose the game within a short period of time, then you would throw away a rare diamond for the first and cheapest price you get. I think you completely underestimate the direct financial value of your game if this problem is treated adequately.

Kind regards, Chris aka Azsharion

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I know I'm probably super late on this, but I saw that the Korean version has more Cash Shop items than NA. 
I'm sure it's stuff they plan on releasing eventually to us, but for those who didn't know here's a list of the costumes:  https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3r7p5g/gallery_korean_armor_sets_links_inside/

I don't see one costume for Sorceress, also haven't seen that on CBT2 and it's on almost every gameplay/trailer. Whats up with that?

Edited by Scarcrow

Posted

I don't see one costume for Sorceress, also haven't seen that on CBT2 and it's on almost every gameplay/trailer. Whats up with that?

You referring to that purple feathery one?  If so I'm also curious as well!

maxresdefault.jpg

Posted

You might not pay to win, but you pay to get a distinct advantage not avaliable or accesable in any other way. This is what people are upset with. 

This is what people are upset with jealous about.

Yes, it's an advantage. That's one of the reasons why people pay for it. In the end Daum made this game for EU/NA to make profit. Not for your amusement. Looks alone won't sell as much items and you know that.

Posted (edited)

You referring to that purple feathery one?  If so I'm also curious as well!

maxresdefault.jpg

No I mean this one actually:  https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ihZA2nYf2U4/maxresdefault.jpg It was even in Character Editor so where the hell did it go?

Edited by Scarcrow

Posted

I don't see one costume for Sorceress, also haven't seen that on CBT2 and it's on almost on every gameplay/trailer. Whats up with that?

because it was at early game on kr version and has been removed aftar a while

Posted

This is what people are upset with jealous about.

Yes, it's an advantage. That's one of the reasons why people pay for it. In the end Daum made this game for EU/NA to make profit. Not for your amusement. Looks alone won't sell as much items and you know that.

If they didn't make the game for our amusement, then there'd be no profit - simples!

Posted

So, people seem to forget what they already have done for us to please our market more.

• They made all the CASHSHOP hairstyles available for us
  • They made all the CASHSHOP facial presets available for us
  • They removed a CASHSHOP item that would give you 20% droprate buff for 24 hours!
  • They removed Blackstones from the loyalty system. 
  • They removed an item that would +1 your failsafe
  • They gave us Witch/Wizard on launch!
  • They STILL gave us the Tamer while this was not planned. The reason (probably) that the Tamer still looks "too Asian" is because people wanted the Tamer no matter how she looked and still people complain she "looks to Asian"
  • They gave us CHARACTER SLOTS in the LOYALTY section. This means you can get these for free just by logging in for x amount of days!
  • They gave us INVENTORY EXPANSION in the LOYALTY section. 200LT for FREE just by logging in x amount of days!
  • They are still trying to change OWPvP system by a new system which is called the Bounty Hunter system
  • They gave us LOWER KARMA PENALTIES! Let that sink in.
  • They removed losing enchantment levels on PvP deaths! Only drops for negative karma players dying in PvE!
  • They removed Energy Potions from the CASHSHOP! 
  • They removed getting LOYALTY points with every time you buy Pearls.
  • They made summoned boss-scrolls in the LOYALTY SECTION 200 points cheaper! 
    This means instead of only 4 scrolls every 30 days, you can now 'buy' 6! aka more stuff in a shorter time ;) 

Not going to go in full detail here but you are pretty misinformed and some of your points are personal opinions,so :

• I won't comment on the hairstyles and facial presets things,it's good we have them but honestly it wasn't anything crucial.
  • They didn't remove that item,blessing of kamasylvia is still there    [ http://imgur.com/a/ROq5A ]
  • I don't see how removing blackstones from the loyalty system is pro for us but ok,whatever float your boat mate.
  • Yeah removing the +1 failsafe thingy is noticeable but let's not get too hyped about it,it's gone ''for now''.
  • Wizard/Witch/Tamer, it wasn't anything too complicated for them to implement.
  • The characters slots in the Loyalty section are 5K / 1 (50 days for 1,you call that a deal ?).
  • Same thing for the inventory slots and added LT,the prices are awful,if the prices will get toned down i'll be the first one to say this was a good move.
  • The changes are made from PA iirc,so we can't really give the full credit to DaumEU,its DaumEU in the scope right now,not PA.
  • Lower Karma Penalties,i'd say it's an half-victory,the rates aren't optimal yet but we are getting there,so let's call it a good point.
  • The losing enchant stuff is helpful for some but bad for others,so again,it's not a valid point.
  • They removed energy potions but they implemented a f*****g broken vigor system,you call that a win ?
  • Again,removing added LP from Pearls isn't helping anyone here.
  • This is the only actual positive proper point in the whole list,they made the boss-scrolls cheaper than 200.

I don't know about other players but that's my opinion,i overlooked your first posts but now this is getting ridiculous,it's not like people want stuff for free,what everyone wants in this thread is a fair and reasonable price on the cash shop items,justifying stuff like 32$ for a STANDARD costume is fair and reasonable is honestly a bit delusional.

I'm just talking for myself but if the things are kept as they are i won't be investing a single penny into the game once i'm done with having my pets and the bonus LT,i'll rather just wait until they won't be earning enough for the ridiculous prices and enable the p2w to catch some ''vanity items'' in the auction house.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Many other people have said this but I would tend to agree with them that if cosmetic items did not have stats on them there wouldn't be a problem. Its the small +1% exp bonus here, don't show your name in combat there, buff from pets (etc. etc.) that really has many alarmed.

Not saying Daum hasn't done quite a bit already, I just wouldn't want to see this game bogged down by stat increasing items in the cash shop. Cosmetic only for me please.

Edited by AdriannaG
2 people like this

Posted

Many other people have said this but I would tend to agree with them that if cosmetic items did not have stats on them there wouldn't be a problem. Its the small +1% exp bonus here, don't show your name in combat there that really as many alarmed.

I really hope they can understand this.

No, a lot of people want vanity items and the cost isn't realistic.  Some people want their characters to look good (to them) in game.  They invest a lot of time in their characters and want them to look the part.  I'm not so bothered about the stats, not bothered if some people have them and I don't.  I want my Wizard to look like a wizard, not some old homeless guy who's dressed in sackcloth and wearing a hat that looks like an elephant slept on it - but I don't want to pay a stupid price for doing so. Same with my alts (of which I will have several) - I want them to look a little better than what's offered at level one.

Posted (edited)

Not going to go in full detail here but you are pretty misinformed and some of your points are personal opinions,so :

• I won't comment on the hairstyles and facial presets things,it's good we have them but honestly it wasn't anything crucial.
  • They didn't remove that item,blessing of kamasylvia is still there    [ http://imgur.com/a/ROq5A ]
  • I don't see how removing blackstones from the loyalty system is pro for us but ok,whatever float your boat mate.
  • Yeah removing the +1 failsafe thingy is noticeable but let's not get too hyped about it,it's gone ''for now''.
  • Wizard/Witch/Tamer, it wasn't anything too complicated for them to implement.
  • The characters slots in the Loyalty section are 5K / 1 (50 days for 1,you call that a deal ?).
  • Same thing for the inventory slots and added LT,the prices are awful,if the prices will get toned down i'll be the first one to say this was a good move.
  • The changes are made from PA iirc,so we can't really give the full credit to DaumEU,its DaumEU in the scope right now,not PA.
  • Lower Karma Penalties,i'd say it's an half-victory,the rates aren't optimal yet but we are getting there,so let's call it a good point.
  • The losing enchant stuff is helpful for some but bad for others,so again,it's not a valid point.
  • They removed energy potions but they implemented a f*****g broken vigor system,you call that a win ?
  • Again,removing added LP from Pearls isn't helping anyone here.
  • This is the only actual positive proper point in the whole list,they made the boss-scrolls cheaper than 200.

I don't know about other players but that's my opinion,i overlooked your first posts but now this is getting ridiculous,it's not like people want stuff for free,what everyone wants in this thread is a fair and reasonable price on the cash shop items,justifying stuff like 32$ for a STANDARD costume is fair and reasonable is honestly a bit delusional.

I'm just talking for myself but if the things are kept as they are i won't be investing a single penny into the game once i'm done with having my pets and the bonus LT,i'll rather just wait until they won't be earning enough for the ridiculous prices and enable the p2w to catch some ''vanity items'' in the auction house.

if you really believe they gave us anything,  you as sadly mistaken.   It was all planned from the start to make us look like we had some control. 

Look at the server poll, nope not what we asked for.

Asked for blader...hmmm, but was said more wanted tamer. 

Look at cash shop mess.....I can go on and on.

Edited by thejoda
1 person likes this

Posted

Many other people have said this but I would tend to agree with them that if cosmetic items did not have stats on them there wouldn't be a problem. Its the small +1% exp bonus here, don't show your name in combat there, buff from pets (etc. etc.) that really has many alarmed.

I really hope they can understand this.

Honestly if these are the things people without knowledge are alarmed off Daum couldn't care less,since it's nothing to be scared off.

• 10% on the combat costumes is nothing (there is a food that gives you alone 8% and is really easy to make http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/132/ )
  • Not having your name shown in combat isn't anything to get worried about and i don't see how this can give you an edge over other players since you glow red worse than a christmas three and you are visible from miles away (not to talk about pet dogs who helps you find someone hidden around if you are talking about that).
  • The buff from pets also is pretty minimal,so again,nothing to be alarmed off.

I can guess not understanding something is scary sometimes,but don't be over-alarmed from something so small and futile.

if you really believe they gave us anything,  you as sadly mistaken.   It was all planned from the start to make us look like we had some control. 

Look at the server poll, nope not what we asked for.

Asked for blader...hmmm, but was said more wanted tamer. 

Look at cash shop mess.....I can go on and on.

You quoted the wrong guy,we are saying the same thing.

2 people like this

Posted

Honestly if these are the things people without knowledge are alarmed off Daum couldn't care less,since it's nothing to be scared off.

• 10% on the combat costumes is nothing (there is a food that gives you alone 8% and is really easy to make http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/132/ )
  • Not having your name shown in combat isn't anything to get worried about and i don't see how this can give you an edge over other players since you glow red worse than a christmas three and you are visible from miles away (not to talk about pet dogs who helps you find someone hidden around if you are talking about that).
  • The buff from pets also is pretty minimal,so again,nothing to be alarmed off.

I can guess not understanding something is scary sometimes,but don't be over-alarmed from something so small and futile.

You quoted the wrong guy,we are saying the same thing.

shit.....my bad!  Dam cell phones!

Posted

#1 Doesn't that just make it 18% for people with the costume? I don't see how that makes people who don't like the 10% any less upset...

#2 Not having it show up is a huge deal if you ever fought anyone in a dense area.

Posted

Just on a side note.

Thanks Devs for this game! i could not care less about the cash shop and you are doing a fantastic job to bring us a new mmo with such potential!

Ignore all the negativity! See you out there!

Posted

Have you guys noticed how much value russian B2P version of the game has for the same release price?

This is crazy....

Posted

Maybe if you read.

"Dyes can be obtained through questing or with Pearls from the cash shop."

Kind of BS when its RNG what you get.