• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Nvm, irrelevant to topic.

Edited by Mojobeard
sigh

Posted

You linked a video to a guy talking about how you can't sell gold in the game. Like what? 

He's talking about how that 10% isn't gamebreaking...........are you even trying bro,consequentially he makes a comparison about the current most played MMOs compared to BDO under the p2w aspect which you hinted with these huuuuuge bonuses you get from the costumes.

Posted (edited)

Nvm, irrelevant to topic.

Edited by Mojobeard
context

Posted (edited)

Not sure I have answers for all - here is what I do know.

2. Is the only way to obtain pets the purchase inside the cash shop?

- According to in-game help system. Pets can be purchased on Marketplace with silver (in-game currency) http://www.blackdeserttome.com/wiki/Pets 

4. Is it possible to build furniture, dyes and other cosmetic stuff trough in-game professions, or is this limited to the cash-shop?

- Yes, furniture at least can be purchased from NPC and from crafting. I suspect Pearl shop has exclusive designs though.

This is a fan site (although our CM and his clan buddy's made it) and the information is not relevant for our version of the game nothing from the shop can be sold or bought for in game currency in the Marketplace, so no you can't get pets or costumes or the stats from them any other way then the Cash Shop.

Why they still have this false info in the in-game help system dunno ask  @CM_Jouska as i said he and his friends made this site.

Edited by Asmodeus

Posted

This is a fan site (although our CM and his clan buddy's made it) and the information is not relevant for our version of the game nothing from the shop can be sold or bought for in game currency so no you can't get pets or costumes or the stats from them any other way then the Cash Shop.

Thats a bummer, because when you click on the NA in-game contextual help it takes you to BDO Tome, and that is what I read during the CBT2.

Posted (edited)

This is what people are upset with jealous about.

Yes, it's an advantage. That's one of the reasons why people pay for it. In the end Daum made this game for EU/NA to make profit. Not for your amusement. Looks alone won't sell as much items and you know that.

So let's say if we play csgo, we could let people pay extra money to valve to get legal wallhack. That's fair too, right? No? That's what you're claiming though. 

Why woudl you EVER let people have people who pay money get more powerful than others? That's the definition of pay2win even if you're not paying to be unkillable. Even selling gold to the players is more fair since they can't get stuff that is inaccessible through the game. 

You should make a cash shop that offers paying to progress, for convenience and skins. You don't add things that give you an advantage over someone with the equal gear/stats/whatever, no matter how slight.

Edited by Schoob

Posted

A lot of valid things said in this thread, unfortunately, with just 5 days until Headstart and 9 days until the cash shop goes live, I imagine we would have heard already if changes were going to be made. I could be wrong, but I think at this point it's safe to say it won't. Maybe we can start another 87 page thread about floofs?

Example - 

I40hZlm.jpg

Hmmmm, I do like me some floofs...

Posted

Can't quote you properly because you f****d up with the quotes,but i'll adress small things since you are more stubborn than a goat.

I'm not saying there were posts about it, but it will (and this is just an assumption) eventually if they would not remove it. People who live only on Loyalty points cus they dont want to spend a dime would probably cry over this when the other topics would not be topics to cry about. atleast they thought about this!

So when i make assumptions its fearmongering propaganda but when you do it's legit,''okay''.

I'm saying that people who think the game is P2W now should go to a TRUE P2W version which is KR. They would have their eyes opened and come back to the version we have/get now.

You either didn't got my position on this or you simply aren't able to elaborate a normally written post,let me repeat once again,i don't give two f***s about people whining out of their asses,but i do have a problem when you try to switch the blame on the people asking for a fair price in the cash shop since the vast majority wants that (seriously you have got enough posts in 88 pages to confirm that).

There are more than enough that are willing to still spend with the current prices. The people willing are rather more quiet and the sad sad part of the butthurt community screams the loudest.

More than enough ? Koreans users weren't more than enough to keep up the market there (thus making the game fall down in the very first months because dissatisfied) and you think both our versions (NA/EU) with 400k preorders (total) and the huge shitstorm going on with the CS prices will be enough ?

You said numbers like 90% above.. 90% of what? the butthurts? or the community is a whole? It must be the first because the majority is pretty quiet here on the forums!

[...] 90% of the veteran community [...]

I even explained the 90% of what,are you so enfervored you can't even read properly ? :x  there are less than 20 people who played since the KR CBT and most of them expressed their displeasure about the vigor system,tune in on Zemi (leader of support) stream sometimes,or Redvessel,or just ask any other veteran from support,grind,niflheim,harmony and other top guilds if they are in favor of it or against it.

I just pointed out that 10+8 is 18, not 10 but also that 8 is not equals to 18. You're avoiding the topic of the ghillie effect like a politician. 

Clarification for others...

You claimed that you can get 8% exp boost in the game so the costume effect is just 2% exp boost. I said that, if you can use food + suit you get 18% and not 2%...

You are either dense or trolling me,pick one,how am i avoiding the ghillie effect topic ? i said you are making a huge fuss out of it when it actually isn't a big issue as you are trying to make it appear,you probably have no experience whatsoever on the KR servers or any other version so i told you to peep down and wait till the release and check for yourself if the ghillie suit will be ''broken''.

For the same reason you are making a big fuss out of that ''10%'' that is basically nothing,thus i linked the video where Kugen explains it's not gamebreaking at all,hope this helps you understand what i meant,i told you there is a basilar food that gives you 8% to show you that this 10% bonus from the costume isn't a big issue,you then switched topic complaining that ''that would get the guys that have a costume still ahead'' yes,but not by a gamebreaking margin,if you still think ''no matter the advantage it is still an advantage'' then have it your way,i don't intend on continuing on this deadbeat horse topic.

Posted

Can't quote you properly because you f****d up with the quotes,but i'll adress small things since you are more stubborn than a goat.

So when i make assumptions its fearmongering propaganda but when you do it's legit,''okay''.

You either didn't got my position on this or you simply aren't able to elaborate a normally written post,let me repeat once again,i don't give two f***s about people whining out of their asses,but i do have a problem when you try to switch the blame on the people asking for a fair price in the cash shop since the vast majority wants that (seriously you have got enough posts in 88 pages to confirm that).

More than enough ? Koreans users weren't more than enough to keep up the market there (thus making the game fall down in the very first months because dissatisfied) and you think both our versions (NA/EU) with 400k preorders (total) and the huge shitstorm going on with the CS prices will be enough ?

I even explained the 90% of what,are you so enfervored you can't even read properly ? :x  there are less than 20 people who played since the KR CBT and most of them expressed their displeasure about the vigor system,tune in on Zemi (leader of support) stream sometimes,or Redvessel,or just ask any other veteran from support,grind,niflheim,harmony and other top guilds if they are in favor of it or against it.

Bolded out part... I guess Im either within those 20 people or im number 21! ive been playing since KR-OBT (wasnt lucky enough to enter the CBT) So that makes me a vet too, right? ;)  Does my opinion now suddenly weights more? 

Posted

Bolded out part... I guess Im either within those 20 people or im number 21! ive been playing since KR-OBT (wasnt lucky enough to enter the CBT) So that makes me a vet too, right? ;)  Does my opinion now suddenly weights more? 

If you have more experience on a game i should value your opinion less than someone who only tried out the EU/NA CBT or never tried the game at all ? that's what you think ? to answer your question,yes,your opinion on something that requires EXPERIENCE weights more if you are EXPERIENCED on the said topic,hands down.

Posted

You can't sell the reset item. You sell/use your breeding attempts and then buy more from the cash shop to sell again.

Oh thats vastly more unfair, if a individual has idk... 2 T8 breedable horses, they can use their influencial wallet to infinitely just get... X amount of silver every X number of hours no?

Posted (edited)

If you have more experience on a game i should value your opinion less than someone who only tried out the EU/NA CBT or never tried the game at all ? that's what you think ? to answer your question,yes,your opinion on something that requires EXPERIENCE weights more if you are EXPERIENCED on the said topic,hands down.

Too bad people experience different things. People have different opinionis on things. Everyone's opinion is valid as long as they know what they're talking about. 

Is someone who has more playtime than you automatically better than you? If I play cs:go and is matched up with a person with 1300 hours played. 1000 more hours than me. Does that mean that I know less about cs:go? No. (why? I'm global elite and he's gold nova) You just can't say that. It's ridiculous how wrong you are.

Edited by Schoob

Posted

To Nagasaki. 

I wouldn't call a large portion of the community "butthurt" just because they are dissatisfied. I think that in the back of our minds everyone understands that BDO not only isn't free but the company also needs to make money, yeah that is all well and good.  

But make no mistake, all those Butt-hurt people, they ARE the game. Their dissatisfaction means the decline of the  game. They voice their opinions, and sure enough nothing happens, hell i am 99% sure the prices in the cash shop will  not  change. Why? because the company cares about profit and very rarely do they see the big picture. 

All those "butt-hurt" people will play for a while, some might even spend some, but people dont  like being in an abusive relationship eventually they will leave. Because no matter how much they complain no change will ever happen. 

But thats not even the worst part, all the people that remain dissatisfied are less likely to introduce the game to others, or create positive content about the game.  Not only does the game lose player base it also loses publicity and its good name. 

After a year or so they would need to start spending millions on advertisement to keep an influx of players. 

There is much more at stake here than just a few "Butt-hurt" people. 

When a game this amazing receives so much hate even before launch...its not a good sign. But ill take everything with a grain of salt cause i know the company wont address these issues. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Too bad people experience different things. People have different opinionis on things. Everyone's opinion is valid as long as they know what they're talking about. 

Is someone who has more playtime than you automatically better than you? If I play cs:go and is matched up with a person with 1300 hours played. 1000 more hours than me. Does that mean that I know less about cs:go? No. (why? I'm global elite and he's gold nova) You just can't say that. It's ridiculous how wrong you are.

So you would either let a medicine student operate on you or a licensed doc ? SKILL and KNOWLEDGE are two different things,if i'm about to say my opinion about the vigor system i must KNOW what the vigor system offers and how it develop with the current settings on KR in order to understand how it WOULD WORK with the new system being implemented in EU,you deny that ?

Posted (edited)

So you would either let a medicine student operate on you or a licensed doc ? SKILL and KNOWLEDGE are two different things,if i'm about to say my opinion about the vigor system i must KNOW what the vigor system offers and how it develop with the current settings on KR in order to understand how it WOULD WORK with the new system being implemented in EU,you deny that ?

No, I'm comparing a doctor who's been a doctor for 10 year and one who's been one for 5 years. The one who's been one for 10 years might not care so much about learning medicine as the one who's been one for 5 years. I don't get it why you don't understand how you are. People are different!

Also, a shaman with 70 years of "medical practice" would do a better job of curing you than a newly graduated doctor? Lol. 

Edited by Schoob

Posted

Then my answers and those '20' others are what people should take for granted then yes? :) 
Therefore what I said outweights your answers and opinions, right? (assuming you played less hours than me on KR or non at all)

k thnx bye :) 

Posted

No, I'm comparing a doctor who's been a doctor for 10 year and one who's been one for 5 years. The one who's been one for 10 years might not care so much about learning medicine as the one who's been one for 5 years. I don't get it why you don't understand how you are. People are different!

Leave out the doc example since you don't get the grip of it,skill and knowledge are two different things,if you don't know how something works you shouldn't say anything about it,that's all there is to it,you must have a thick skull to think otherwise.

Posted (edited)

Leave out the doc example since you don't get the grip of it,skill and knowledge are two different things,if you don't know how something works you shouldn't say anything about it,that's all there is to it,you must have a thick skull to think otherwise.

WHAT? LOL! 

Oh my god. Skill is how well you perform. Knowledge is knowledge. You think that because someone has done something for a longer time, he automatically has more knowledge than someone else. That's called experience, not knowledge, and is a different thing. At this point I just hope you're a troll. 

Anyone this is irrelevant to the discussion. Pm me if you need me to draw you a pretty colorful picture to explain.

Edited by Schoob

Posted

Then my answers and those '20' others are what people should take for granted then yes? :) 
Therefore what I said outweights your answers and opinions, right? (assuming you played less hours than me on KR or non at all)

k thnx bye :) 

Yes,if you invested 3K hours into crafting and i invested around 100 hours into crafting who do you think will have more knowledge on it ? if we are both equally invested in the matter who do you think holds more knowledge on the matter ? the question is retorical of course.

Posted

I like how this is one of the biggest threads here and yet not a peep heard from the devs.
Release is soon you know.

Posted

Yes,if you invested 3K hours into crafting and i invested around 100 hours into crafting who do you think will have more knowledge on it ? if we are both equally invested in the matter who do you think holds more knowledge on the matter ? the question is retorical of course.

Last reply. Knowledge != experience. Also, if you do something wrong for 3k hours, you wont be better than someone who's done it right for 100. 

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska

This topic has been discussed a thousand times but I feel that it must be vocalized aggressively to make positive changes in both to the playerbase and PA's cashflow.

Biggest issues is the costumes are a one time use and non account bound. $32 per set is quite expensive. to be competitive there are two set that most players will need:

The 10% exp bonus and the pvp ghille suit. that totals up to $64 in addition to the variable base game cost of $30-100.

With this price in mind, it is less likely that players are willing to shell out for a costume. With new costume released every few month or so, the cost can add up pretty high and that bring up the perception that Daum is just out for greed. 

If however, costume prices were to price somewhere between $10-15, more players will see it as an affordable option and more willing to hand over their hard earn cash to spend and support the game. The amount of players and quantity of transactions would increase by three or fourfold. In the long run, more new content will see sales drop as a result from the expensive cost of $32 vs $10-15.

Lets say we have a population of 400k active players.

at 20% which is 80k that are willing to make a single costume transaction. We're looking at a sales of minimum of $2.56 mil. Most likely this will be the only purchase that the players will makes.

Now lets say if you priced the costumes at $10-15, we would see a higher population of somewhere 40-60% that are willing to make at least a transaction and are more willing to purchase more in the future.

1.6mil at 40% pop with cost of 10 for single transaction. 2.4 mil at 60% pop

it would be more profitable to generate more income from multiple transaction of lower price items than single transaction of high prices.

Posted

Last reply. Knowledge != experience. Also, if you do something wrong for 3k hours, you wont be better than someone who's done it right for 100. 

Good,so you'd basically weight equally the opinion (on the vigor system/crafting in this case) of someone who played and tested the game since KR CBT/OBT with someone who tested the game 4 days in the last CBT2,speaks for itself,good luck.

Posted

Gonna leave my own feedback in this already lengthy thread.

When the beta ended I was heavily leaning toward buying the traveler's pack but after looking at the cashshop details and what my initial $30 would get me, I won't be buying any of the packages. It's my opinion that it's ridiculous to have the cashshop prices that high even as a f2p game. I'm not against spending my money on cashshops if the price is right, I've done it before.

If the pricing stays as it is Daum will be losing at least one sale and a potential repeat customer of their cashshop.

3 people like this

Posted

Good,so you'd basically weight equally the opinion (on the vigor system/crafting in this case) of someone who played and tested the game since KR CBT/OBT with someone who tested the game 4 days in the last CBT2,speaks for itself,good luck.

DUDE I PLAYED KR CBT AND I HAVE STILL TILL THIS DAY NO ISSUES IN KR WITH ENERGY! just learn how to use your alts!