• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

Prices are perfectly fine imo. Are people really this poor. 

Masses wants all for free or cheap... don't ask them

Posted

Masses wants all for free or cheap... don't ask them

because everyone got 200-300$ to throw away... into a recycle bin right?

Posted

I totally agree these prices are too damn high and also want to point out that you can buy ships for $20 off the pearl shop!!  It takes a long time to build a ship,  now any wanker can go out and buy a ship buy putting his credit card in.   So long for the person who actually farmed days for those items when in 5 minutes I can have a ship!!!   So disgusted, this pearl shop is taking the fun out of even playing when people can buy this crap off the pearl shop!!   I wish I didn't pre order my BDO, now I cant even get a refund because I played the beta.  SIGH SIGH EFFIN SIGH!!!!

Posted

it's simple, i have many friends interested in this game, but when they saw shop prices they said no freaking way and simply they did not buy it

Posted

because everyone got 200-300$ to throw away... into a recycle bin right?

Masses always complaint anyway lol

Posted

Prices are not fine. They are outrageous. They need to be cut in half.

At current prices, I shall be playing BDO regularly but I shall not spend a dime more outside of my original game purchase.  If Daum wants more of my money, lower prices. I spend freely on other MMO's, we're talking hundreds of dollars (GW2 and Tera)  and in a couple cases, thousands (SWTOR and TSW).

I need to know/feel there is value in the money I spend. Current BDO cash shop prices do not communicate that in any way. 

Posted

@CM_Jouska Can you please make a pinned topic in the suggestions forum to link here?

People just keep spamming the suggestion forum with "I hate the cash shop prices"-threads.

Posted

I will absolutely not spend money on dye that is RNG and one time use. Please make dye permanent. There is an amazing dye system that basically feels unobtainable. 

Armor has a lot of different slots to dye. I can't even imagine how much money it would cost to attempt to get the same color for one piece of armor.

Like many have already said, prices need lowered. I will not be purchasing certain items at these current prices. If prices are lowered people will spend more money because they feel like they are getting their monies worth. It's all about value! 

and again I beg, please please please make dye permanent. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I would be glad if someone who has more knowledge/play-time in the game can help me with the following questions:

1. Is it possible to obtain aesthetically similar armor/weapons (with regards to the cash-shop sets) trough gameplay?

2. The "costumes" give bonuses to vision range, more xp and things like that... are these "buffs" limited to the cash-shop?

3. Is the only way to obtain pets the purchase inside the cash shop?

4. Is there a way to reset the player-skills trough ingame currency or gameplay, or is this only possible trough the cash-shop?

5. Is it possible to build furniture, dyes and other cosmetic stuff trough ingame professions, or is this limited to the cash-shop?

Here are my answers to you. And I am sorry but you probably will not like them.

1. No. Nothing similar aesthetically that can be made or obtained by playing the game. You can craft things that will help with life skills like cooking, taming, etc and even a fancy noble dress but the cash shop costumes are only in cash shop. Nothing similar available.

2. In a sense yes

3. The only other way is if you play (I believe) 5000 hours, then you get a free pet. No you cannot receive a pet via the marketplace. This was removed for NA when they told us we could not sell our cash shop goods on the marketpace.

4. From what I recall, yes.

5. Yes, you can build, purchase from an npc, and even loot furniture from mobs and fishing. Even select quests will give you specific furniture. (I have even received furniture pieces in the mail after servers went down) In a recent interview they said they will be revamping the dye system to allow for players to at least get the basic dyes in game. But the nicer ones will be cash shop or mileage/loyalty only. 

Edited by Starling
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

it's simple, i have many friends interested in this game, but when they saw shop prices they said no freaking way and simply they did not buy it

I have a similar situation.... except that my friends already bought their pre-order packages a month ago.  Now they are trying to sell them on 3rd party sites.  :' (

Edited by Sticx

Posted

Please, just make the prices cheaper and get rid of the boat in the cash shop... That "spend $20 to grab yourself a boat / sick skin instead of wasting your hours away like you're suppose to" type of bologna is in that tiny gray area in-between Pay to Win and Pay for Convenience, it's ridiculous.

Posted

Step 1: Set outrageous prices
Step 2: .....
Step 3: Profit!

Everyone will complain about everything, as long as I don't have to buy cash shop items I can't get elsewhere to compete against other players, do whatever you like. If the items are an issue, throw them in your mileage shop or as a silver sink off an npc than people can't complain as they're now just convenience. If people rather work and let their money play the game instead of themselves so I get more content, sell them a gold dragon for $100 and I'll grab the popcorn.

Posted (edited)

DUDE I PLAYED KR CBT AND I HAVE STILL TILL THIS DAY NO ISSUES IN KR WITH ENERGY! just learn how to use your alts! 

Are you a dense one,who's talking about you ? i made an example from his example,i told him ''so you'd basically weight equally the opinion (on the vigor system/crafting in this case) of someone who played and tested the game since KR CBT/OBT with someone who tested the game 4 days in the last CBT2'' talking about his flawed examples on how experience doesn't mean anything under that matter.
A bit sensitive aren't we ? and you said OBT in your previous post,now you say CBT ? pretty mental,go seek for some help it's getting annoying answering to you.

EDIT : Also,no one has a problem with the KR energy you dimwit,everyones got a problem with the EU vigor system,why would you even bring in the KR system when it's perfectly fine goes beyond me.

Edited by Dominus

Posted

simply remove as much as possible that appears to be p2w (boat licenses, ghillie suit, costume stats, ...)

lowering the prices is not as important as removing p2w and refurbishing BDOs reputation in EU/NA!

tho you have to keep in mind that lower prices => more sales = same profit. maybe even more.

however, i think daum set the prices high so the items are not inflationary. so its perfectly fine they set the prices high. they can always easily be lowered later! starting with low prices might end up in an inflationary use of costumes!

Posted (edited)

The products themselves or fine, the problem at hand is that I should never have to spend more money on a infinitely mass producible digital costume than real clothes, that make zero logical sense.

logically because the game in its entirety is worth $30 then nothing on the cash shop as mere fractions of fractions of the content already in the game should cost no more than 25 cents, with many things being of so little logical value that they should just be straight up free with purchase. BUT with these digital goods, because none of them are practical in the real world their value comes from the emotional attachment of the players through their use, but then we cant go purely on emotional value because DAUM may think costumes are the greatest shit ever but players obviously don't agree, so there has to be a proper balance between logical and emotional reasoning.

These Costume/Pet/Dye/Convenience prices satisfy neither reasoning

I said it once, Ill say it again, costumes are nice, they are nice to have, I want to have them, but im not paying illogical amounts of money for them, still, Ill allow emotional inflation in order to provide monetary support to DAUM

having said that the perfect balance between logical and emotional value would be

$10 Costumes, account bound 

$13 with weapon because a weapon isn't worth more than the parts contained and 12.50 is an un-sexy number

$3 pets, $1 for feed, everyone can pay $10 for the convenience of pets considering their value in data size and difficulty to make are nowhere near that price, anyone who wants to collect em all pays $30, Anyone who wants to have the perfect squad of special genetically bred super pets has to pay no more than $30 on average either

Dyes 25 cents, permanent, account bound, no RNG, that's just common decency towards a color filled society. Don't hold color for ransom please its 2016. You didn't invent color and I wont be paying premium for it as if you did, especially with the added chance to get something entirely useless.

Inv Space/inv Weight , $15 to permanently max inv space on account, $10 to do the same with weight. these are common QoL features and the sweet spot is in game, but the luxury of extra shouldn't be overvalued, these things are 2nd to only dyes in how little monetary value they should be worth

full Skill resets $2.00, partial skill resets 25 cents, can be bought in game with a small loan of a million silver. Work for it in game for a proper game feature, or pay reasonable price for convenience of skipping that and get straight to the meat, either mindset can be happy.

No one has to sell an organ or an extra unwanted child to get the best experience out of the game

DAUM doesn't looks like a greedy jerk and can satisfy logical and emotional reasoning's while being fair to both themselves and the players, players keep playing and buying costumes for years to come, new players join and add to the revenue pool, the game is at just as much at risk of crashing and burning as a firefighter truck is under the ocean. everybody is happy and DAUM makes bank. THE END. What a touching story.

Edited by ECHOxLegend
2 people like this

Posted

Are you a dense one,who's talking about you ? i made an example from his example,i told him ''so you'd basically weight equally the opinion (on the vigor system/crafting in this case) of someone who played and tested the game since KR CBT/OBT with someone who tested the game 4 days in the last CBT2'' talking about his flawed examples on how experience doesn't mean anything under that matter.A bit sensitive aren't we ? and you said OBT in your previous post,now you say CBT ? pretty mental,go seek for some help it's getting annoying answering to you.

My bad.. KR OBT is right. Never got my hands on CBT like i stated earlier..
All these CBT posts got my finger automaticly type CBT. Apologies for the confusion .

You are bringing up that people with KR CBT's opinion weight heavier than those with no exp. 
Im telling you that I've played in OBT 2014 and thus whatever you say, doesnt mean shit because I am countering it and my experience is better than yours.
Atleast according to you ;) 

I understand what you're trying to say. I mean, i dont take any advice either from anyone who ONLY has played CBT 1/2. Because that still means they know shit about the game and all their exp comes from what they read somewhere, heard somewhere, or had their hands on a HUGE game in a small amount of time.

You brought up the vigor topic, and im simply saying that the vigor isnt that big of a deal. people just blow it out of proportion.

Posted

Take 20 - 25% off your original prices and just go, what you have right now is a bit silly Daum.

Posted (edited)

• Not having your name shown in combat isn't anything to get worried about and i don't see how this can give you an edge over other players since you glow red worse than a christmas three and you are visible from miles away (not to talk about pet dogs who helps you find someone hidden around if you are talking about

When you respond to people worried because a particular gameplay advantage can only be obtained through a cash shop armor, it's illogical to put forth that it can be countered by the dog pet that is also only available in the cash shop

Though, even if it could be countered with an item obtainable in the game, the fact that the initial effect can only be obtained in the cash shop is the issue. At the very minimum it firmly moves cash shop armor out of 'cosmetic' category.

Edited by Amane
spelling^^
3 people like this

Posted

My bad.. KR OBT is right. Never got my hands on CBT like i stated earlier..All these CBT posts got my finger automaticly type CBT. Apologies for the confusion .

You are bringing up that people with KR CBT's opinion weight heavier than those with no exp. 
Im telling you that I've played in OBT 2014 and thus whatever you say, doesnt mean shit because I am countering it and my experience is better than yours.
Atleast according to you ;) 

I understand what you're trying to say. I mean, i dont take any advice either from anyone who ONLY has played CBT 1/2. Because that still means they know shit about the game and all their exp comes from what they read somewhere, heard somewhere, or had their hands on a HUGE game in a small amount of time.

You brought up the vigor topic, and im simply saying that the vigor isnt that big of a deal. people just blow it out of proportion.

I'v been playing since KR CBT,so no,your point wouldn't weight more than mine ''according to my example'' but that's not the point,we derailed too much from the original topic,i was saying that most of us who have played since the KR version doesn't appreciate the changes in the EU vigor system,the KR system was fine but this one requires energy even to use simple alchemy and simple cooking,which is flawed as hell,think about mixing your potions or cooking beer for the workers,now you can't do it anymore in stocks because it consumes energy,and that's only one of the minor cons it brings to the table,

When you respond to people worried because a particular gameplay advantage can only be obtained through a cash shop armor, it's illogical to put forth that it can be countered by the dog pet that is also only available in the cash shop

Though, even if it could be countered with an item obtainable in the game, the fact that the initial effect can only be obtained in the cash shop is the issue. At the very minimum it firmly moves cash shop armor out of 'cosmetic' category.

I'll simpify it as best as i can so i can make myself clear once and for all,there is no need to ''counter'' the ghillie suit,and you'll notice it at release,now give your hearts some peace fellas.

Posted

I'v been playing since KR CBT,so no,your point wouldn't weight more than mine ''according to my example'' but that's not the point,we derailed too much from the original topic,i was saying that most of us who have played since the KR version doesn't appreciate the changes in the EU vigor system,the KR system was fine but this one requires energy even to use simple alchemy and simple cooking,which is flawed as hell,think about mixing your potions or cooking beer for the workers,now you can't do it anymore in stocks because it consumes energy,and that's only one of the minor cons it brings to the table,

I'll simpify it as best as i can so i can make myself clear once and for all,there is no need to ''counter'' the ghillie suit,and you'll notice it at release,now give your hearts some peace fellas.

lol... you got a problem with the ghillie suit? genuine question! 

But yes, we derailed, and since you say youre from the OCT 2013 CBT, you auto win from me I guess.
And hey, they never said the vigor is final how it is now. I DO have high hopes in Daum EU and the Dev team supporting the game. 
You might not so much. All we can do is sit back and see what happens. 

I still think far too less people appreciate the changes they have done so far and that was my original point from the start. 

No matter if you personally think they were big or small, easy or hard changes. They changed them for us instead of giving us a 1 on 1 copy of KR. 

I don't think you'd go with KR how it is today then with the version we can play on the Feb 28th - March 3rd. 

Posted

For me anything more than what other mmos offer is too much. If costumes go on sale for 10$ than i'll buy some. If not i won't.

Posted

lol... you got a problem with the ghillie suit? genuine question! 
But yes, we derailed, and since you say youre from the OCT 2013 CBT, you auto win from me I guess.
And hey, they never said the vigor is final how it is now. I DO have high hopes in Daum EU and the Dev team supporting the game. 
You might not so much. All we can do is sit back and see what happens. 

I still think far too less people appreciate the changes they have done so far and that was my original point from the start. 

No matter if you personally think they were big or small, easy or hard changes. They changed them for us instead of giving us a 1 on 1 copy of KR. 

I don't think you'd go with KR how it is today then with the version we can play on the Feb 28th - March 3rd. 

No,i have zero problems with anything,whoever whines about the Ghillie suit can go f**k himself.

The only things that nags me are the CS prices that needs to be tweaked (i say this for both the community and both the earnings) and the vigor system (i like the idea of an heavier system but basic stuff like merging potions and simple cooking shouldn't require energy imho).

1 person likes this

Posted

TBH the prices for the items are ridiculous. Don't get me wrong I think the cost for the pearls are ok I just think that the cost of the items for pearls are out of hand. The costumes should be around 10-15$ and the pets should be around 3-5$ USD. As it stands the dye system is so terrible I won't spend any money on dyes. 

Posted (edited)

Ok guys we mostly agree on the problem, can we create a solution now. A price poll maybe? At least give DAUM the price range which can help make them money and be reasonable for the community? Or are we just to give constructive feedbacks?

My suggestion (ty to the guy below me for the sample):

Costumes- 15-20$ 

Pets- 3-5$ each.

Skins for Boats/Carriages/Horses- 10-15$ 

Dyes- no idea atm

Edited by Snowcross
1 person likes this

Posted

The prices in the CBT2 cash shop were much too high.  Going by other mmorpg's that I have played with cash shops the prices for BDO's shop I would like to see...

Costumes- 10-15$ Account bound.

Pets- 5$ at the MOST, each.

Boats/carrages/horses- not in the shop at all, only skins. And then 10$ max for those.

Dyes- If they are 1 time use, then they MUST be cheaper.  I would prefer a permanent account unlock/unlimited use system, which I could live with on the current price system.

I want to spend some spare cash on pearls, but I will not if the shop is too expensive, I'll just play without the cash shop.

1 person likes this