• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Cash Shop Prices and Items Discussion

3,519 posts in this topic

Posted

Almost 100 :o 

Posted

push for 100 pages guys!!! aaaannndd they we'll lower the prices!!

Posted (edited)

Stupid prices, 

no much to say about it..

Edited by Arko

Posted

I just thought of something positive, it could all be very worse.

It could all be in RNG boxes

Posted

It just feels like they are going to reduce the prices by a very small amount before or at launch, and be like "Hey guys we listened to you!" and expect us to pat them on the back. Sorry but I would really only be happy with them if they lowered the prices well below what any business minded company would be willing. If you're going to mimic the B2P model from a game like GW2 for example, you should also consider why the cash shop items in those games are the prices that they are(much lower).

I struggle to keep from behaving too entitled, but I think its fair to say that this isn't good in the moral sense and isn't smart in the business sense. They're are pursuing an explosion of money that fizzles out quickly rather than a long term simmer that with future expansions, content, and cash shop item cosmetics will bring in a lot more money. With each of these expansions and such, money with come in waves, and with lower prices in general even when there isn't new content people will be still be spending money on the other things in the cash shop.

I don't think they are going to go full Trion here, but I was hoping they wouldn't be Trion at all.(Yes Trion is an insult.)

Out of likes, have a cookie

Posted

I have to disagree.  This issue should've taken less than a day to fix.

ESPECIALLY considering the importance of it (their potential short/long term profits).

This is one conference call and a couple of hours typing and changing values in cells/fields.

It's changing numbers not model/mesh design.

Jorm

They have to update income predictions and possibly clear it with KR, which involves translation. However, a short statement acknowledging that they see the issue would go a long way, total silence is not how you roll in 2016. Right now, the message they are sending is "We don't give a f---".

Posted

I just thought of something positive, it could all be very worse.

It could all be in RNG boxes

You mean like the one shot (WAY) overpriced dyes? >.<

Jorm

Posted

It is incredible that we dont get a -----ing response, while about 90% of the voices here said the same -----ing thing, we want fair prices.

I wish they would have made the cashshop in the very beginning. I wouldn`t have bothered with this game.

It is not required to have several hours of communication to change this. Lets write history with BDO, with the most lol CS in B2P-Games. There are even f2p games that have a hundred times better cs, without p2w, bonuses or s.ht like that

Posted

They have to update income predictions and possibly clear it with KR, which involves translation. However, a short statement acknowledging that they see the issue would go a long way, total silence is not how you roll in 2016. Right now, the message they are sending is "We don't give a f---".

My understanding is that they have total control over ALL aspects of the cash shop.

But I do agree with the second half of your statement.

Jorm

1 person likes this

Posted

They need to lower the prices before launch, they are losing customers everyday we hear nothing. 

1 person likes this

Posted

would be nice to hear a official statement about cash shop prices before 26.02 (end of preorder). 

@CM_Jouska 

1 person likes this

Posted

You mean like the one shot (WAY) overpriced dyes? >.<

Jorm

Yea, that's were it starts. Then its costumes in RNG boxes with nothing but clutter items for drops.

Posted

First you all complain about prices, now your complaining your not being heard. is it me or are you all not happy unless you have something to ----- about?

Posted

Yea, that's were it starts. Then its costumes in RNG boxes with nothing but clutter items for drops.

So something like STWOR/NWO/STO then yeah? =(*

Jorm

Posted

wait i can top that, boxes in boxes,  * sarcasm* as more rng layers as more fun it is * sarcasm*

Posted (edited)

would be nice to hear a official statement about cash shop prices before 26.02 (end of preorder). 

@CM_Jouska 

Not going to happen. They are clearly fine with the prices and they don't want to scare people away while they keep getting pre-orders.

You can bet that we will hear from them once pre-orders are closed.

Edited by DLM3
1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska 

They have our money already. Nothing is changing this close to release. They don't give a shit.

Posted

How can be damn costume more expensive than game alone ? FFS do something bout it ...

Posted

First you all complain about prices, now your complaining your not being heard. is it me or are you all not happy unless you have something to ----- about?

I do not believe we are happy. The lack of response is disturbing. The prices are high. They are not mutually exclusive. You're not very brilliant huh?

4 people like this

Posted

Hello BDO community. Let's get right to it.

First, I just want to say that I am shocked by BDO's cash shop. In a market where it's been proven that the "purely cosmetic" model works, (Most of WoW's revenue comes from Character Services. Wildstar is F2P but utilizes a purely cosmetic Cash Shop and still manages to find financial success) it stumps me as to how Daum can willingly design their Cash Shop to provide such advantages.

Especially when a shop with only cosmetics would surely be universally accepted and would stir no controversy. 

By the way... these are advantages. I don't understand the fabricated distinction between "winning" and "convenience". When you say you are paying for convenience, you're saying that you are paying to save time. Time is finite... this is especially problematic in a genre like this. It doesn't matter how minute the difference is, the principle of the issue is that you are paying for efficiency. When you become more efficient than someone else, that is winning.

This tolerance astounds me... especially in an age where publishers and developers are constantly exploiting anti-consumer strategies. (e.g. On-Disc DLC, Episodic Releases, Season Passes, platform exclusive etc)

Everything that is put into the Cash Shop is potential content wasted. Would you not agree that a scenario where Pets were attainable in game via special quest/task/achievement would be favorable? Perhaps even memorable?

This deeply saddens me.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

So something like STWOR/NWO/STO then yeah? =(*

Jorm

My experiences were had in Aura Kingdom, Archeage and Vindictus.....don't judge me hahaha

Edited by MobRunnerX

Posted

Not going to happen. They are clearly fine with the prices and they don't want to scare people away while they keep getting pre-orders.

You can bet that we will hear from them once pre-orders are closed.

Cash shop prices scare a lot people away atm!

They have our money already. Nothing is changing this close to release. They don't give a shit.

A lot of potential customers did not preorder because of the cash shop prices. 

Posted

Hello BDO community. Let's get right to it.

First, I just want to say that I am shocked by BDO's cash shop. In a market where it's been proven that the "purely cosmetic" model works, (Most of WoW's revenue comes from Character Services. Wildstar is F2P but utilizes a purely cosmetic Cash Shop and still manages to find financial success) it stumps me as to how Daum can willingly design their Cash Shop to provide such advantages.

Especially when a shop with only cosmetics would surely be universally accepted and would stir no controversy. 

By the way... these are advantages. I don't understand the fabricated distinction between "winning" and "convenience". When you say you are paying for convenience, you're saying that you are paying to save time. Time is finite... this is especially problematic in a genre like this. It doesn't matter how minute the difference is, the principle of the issue is that you are paying for efficiency. When you become more efficient than someone else, that is winning.

This tolerance astounds me... especially in an age where publishers and developers are constantly exploiting anti-consumer strategies. (e.g. On-Disc DLC, Episodic Releases, Season Passes, platform exclusive etc)

Everything that is put into the Cash Shop is potential content wasted. Would you not agree that a scenario where Pets were attainable in game via special quest/task/achievement would be favorable? Perhaps even memorable?

This deeply saddens me.

If I may, from what I've read most people have issue with the pricing because this is a buy to play game with free to play cash shop prices. Some of it is entitled grumbling, and I'm not innocent myself, but I can understand people's frustrations as this current business model just doesn't feel good.

Posted

Honestly, if this is your concern, your (and everyone else of similar mind) best course of action would be to contest the purchase with your credit card provider/paypal, and get a refund. Daum may not care about what we think, but they do care about the money you spend, doubly so if things turn out for the worst and this actually is a quick pump-'n-dump operation (if this is the case, you want to get your money out ASAP).

A lot of potential customers did not preorder because of the cash shop prices. 

Right here.

1 person likes this

Posted

If I may, from what I've read most people have issue with the pricing because this is a buy to play game with free to play cash shop prices. Some of it is entitled grumbling, and I'm not innocent myself, but I can understand people's frustrations as this current business model just doesn't feel good.

This is exactly right. If the game was free to play, I would have nothing to say regarding cash shop prices, but in this case we have a $30 barrier to entry, and then we are greeted with these ridiculous prices as well. Do one, not both.