• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ship Building and the Fixed Market Price - Supply and Demand?

79 posts in this topic

Posted

So, there are very few listings for fishing boat licenses and they are snapped up as soon as soon as possible after registration.  I know this has probably been addressed before, but I want to have a gripe because the effort to produce one is barely worth the pay off.  

There's just over 1 million in materials that go into building the ship license, not counting beer to keep the fellas crafting.  The end pay off is about double after taxes, so what's the point?

If there is massive demand and very little supply, I should be able to sell it for the most that the market will bear, yes?  Do you ever think we'll have a chance in the future to have a free market system instead of this communist price fixing?

Just wondering. :( 

1 person likes this

Posted

Aren't fishing boats back to 3 million?

Also, in terms of materials vs. price, it's probably more cost effective to build the Epheria ship. Takes a while, but it would take you 70 fishing boats to get the same amount of silver.

While I agree that the prices of some crafted items should be adjusted to at least consider the cost of materials, I'm ok with them having fixed max/min prices for items.

Posted

"Communist price fixing" protects us and our comrades from being taken advantage off. Whilst some items may not be worth making for profit, others are kept in check so that they can be bought by both rich and poor users. It's not about crafting the most expensive item, but about finding what item will sell the best for the least amount of resources used. 

As soon as you switch to a free market economy then you allow users with billions in silver to not only control the supply, but to also control the prices. Sure it might suck that something doesn't rise in price, but the game does offer you a way to make guaranteed profit from crafting without having to rely on other people. 

12 people like this

Posted

"Communist price fixing" protects us and our comrades from being taken advantage off. Whilst some items may not be worth making for profit, others are kept in check so that they can be bought by both rich and poor users. It's not about crafting the most expensive item, but about finding what item will sell the best for the least amount of resources used. 

As soon as you switch to a free market economy then you allow users with billions in silver to not only control the supply, but to also control the prices. Sure it might suck that something doesn't rise in price, but the game does offer you a way to make guaranteed profit from crafting without having to rely on other people. 

I made a fortune by crafting certain items and as much as this system has enabled me to profit I don't think this is a good system overall. Certain items are never on the market because it's never worth it to post them.

Either increase the supply or increase the price so that ppl are actually going to post those items.(t8 hoarse, dande, orgre rings etc)

Posted (edited)

I thought that the "regulated market" was instituted because of bots. About 10 years ago the best free market was EVE online but that eventually became corrupted due to bots..

If this whole area is revisited then it would take a lot of input and serious study.   A quick fix might be to institute trading and/or volume day or weekly caps so that prices can't rise by enormous amounts at a time, much as is done in trading commodities. Something like that might be done just to "readjust" the price ranges.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Edited by Lacuna_Palestrina
correct error

Posted

Certain items are never on the market because it's never worth it to post them.

The items that aren't worth posting are also the base items of a processing/cooking/alchemy tree, hardly ever the end product. Things like milk, logs, rough stone and whatnot may not be worth posting (either due to the price of because they're too useful) but there's also nothing to stop a user from acquiring these items themselves. I'd agree with you if BDO was like other games that only allowed you to choose one lifeskill or locked gathering behind a skill wall, but when all that is required is to press one or two buttons to acquire the item then the price doesn't need to be increased. 

To use milk as an example, of course the price isn't worth posting but in truth that's not the reason I wouldn't post it. Milk is used in so many cooked goods that can earn you millions that even if the prices were increased (the cooked good prices would have to be increased as well) it's more useful to actually use the milk rather than sell it. 

Either increase the supply or increase the price so that ppl are actually going to post those items.(t8 hoarse, dande, orgre rings etc)

The reason these items are in short supply is because they are rare, they are rare because they are essentially the best items of their class and therefore shouldn't be owned by everyone. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The reason these items are in short supply is because they are rare, they are rare because they are essentially the best items of their class and therefore shouldn't be owned by everyone. 

If you think those items are rare and shouldn't be owned by everyone then their price must match their rarity.

Edited by FapperJack

Posted

Sounds like i need to start selling fishing boats. I built 2 didn't seem to take that long but I don't keep track I just play the game. The Epheria sailboat is taking quite a bit longer and don't think I'll build another one to sell.

Posted

If you think those items are rare and shouldn't be owned by everyone then their price must match their rarity.

They do...

Posted

The items that aren't worth posting are also the base items of a processing/cooking/alchemy tree, hardly ever the end product. Things like milk, logs, rough stone and whatnot may not be worth posting (either due to the price of because they're too useful) but there's also nothing to stop a user from acquiring these items themselves. I'd agree with you if BDO was like other games that only allowed you to choose one lifeskill or locked gathering behind a skill wall, but when all that is required is to press one or two buttons to acquire the item then the price doesn't need to be increased. 

Actually, my personal beef is with items that are crafted, like ship parts, where the sum of the material price exceeds the sale price by far. The Fishing Boat Decorations, for example, take 10 pure iron crystals (among other things) and the max price for the decorations is about the equivalent of the sale price of 3 pure iron crystals.

I think this is nonsensical and some items could certainly use a price adjustment.

Sounds like i need to start selling fishing boats. I built 2 didn't seem to take that long but I don't keep track I just play the game. The Epheria sailboat is taking quite a bit longer and don't think I'll build another one to sell.

Well, last time I looked, the sale price of the Epheria boat is equivalent to selling 70 fishing boats, which will take way more mats.  So I'm considering another Epheria boat, as soon as I can look at another pine tree again...

Posted

They do...

No they don't. T8 would be well over 1 billion if rarity matched price.

Posted

I -----ing spit coffee

1 person likes this

Posted

I can crank out about one a day, but it took a few weeks to really get the production system set up and running.  It's a wood chopping, beer draining experience, and i guess the profit's not too bad.  I just wish there was a little bit more wiggle room in terms of price setting, comrades be damned ;) 

Posted

I -----ing spit coffee

Lol laughed so hard at "comrade".

Posted

Lol laughed so hard at "comrade".

i 100% was not ready

Posted

No they don't. T8 would be well over 1 billion if rarity matched price.

T6 = 15 million

T7 = 50 million (333% price increase)

T8 = 150-200 million (350% price increase)

The prices increase at the same rate, there are many reasons for the rarity of a T8 and increasing the price may not necessarily change that. 

Posted

What I want is an Epheria ship. And then put all of my character on it and have a Yacht party

Posted

T6 = 15 million

T7 = 50 million (333% price increase)

T8 = 150-200 million (350% price increase)

The prices increase at the same rate, there are many reasons for the rarity of a T8 and increasing the price may not necessarily change that. 

Ppl would pay over a billion for a T8 in a heartbeat, 200 mil is certainly not a right price that is why nobody's selling it.

Posted

Ppl would pay over a billion for a T8 in a heartbeat, 200 mil is certainly not a right price that is why nobody's selling it.

I'd pay 1 billion silver for a +5 Trade Costume, doesn't mean that should be the set price for it. You can't set the price on what people feel it should be because people will feel differently to each other. T8 are very rare and you need to smash horses together non-stop to get them, but it doesn't mean they should be worth 1 billion for an activity that doesn't need you to be playing the game at all and is completely AFK. 

Posted

I'd pay 1 billion silver for a +5 Trade Costume, doesn't mean that should be the set price for it. You can't set the price on what people feel it should be because people will feel differently to each other. T8 are very rare and you need to smash horses together non-stop to get them, but it doesn't mean they should be worth 1 billion for an activity that doesn't need you to be playing the game at all and is completely AFK. 

It should, it's called supply and demand, if ppl are willing to pay the price then that price is it's right value.

Posted

It should, it's called supply and demand, if ppl are willing to pay the price then that price is it's right value.

So the value of usable scantling should be 300,000 silver per log because that's what I'm willing to pay? Sure sounds like an economy where only the very rich can afford anything. 

2 people like this

Posted

This thread is going places.

Posted

So the value of usable scantling should be 300,000 silver per log because that's what I'm willing to pay? Sure sounds like an economy where only the very rich can afford anything. 

Sorry buddy I'm not ur comrade I am a believer in free economy.

I mean what's the downside to it? It's better than RNG crap where only the few very lucky can afford the best gear in the game.

Posted

This thread is going places.

Nah... Its just goin plunge again.. Useless irrelevant shit instead of any constructive discusison...

And on topic... 1M in materials and 2M selling... What you dont like about it? Thats better than most things you can craft...

Posted

I mean what's the downside to it? It's better than RNG crap where only the few very lucky can afford the best gear in the game.

What's the downside of having a free market where one person can control the economy? What's the downside of usable scantling going up to 300k because that's the price I'm willing to pay for them? What's the downside of a system that favours only the very rich rather than giving everyone an equal chance? Honestly, can't think of a downside at all. :)