• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Costume Proposal

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I love creating clothings and stuff and since we have a lot of costumes with a lot of skin but not many with pants ore more closed clothing I tried to create a costume that could match to the stile the game offers. The leaves on the ornaments are supposed to look like Acornleaces but since they are so small you can't see very good. I will try to color this, but it will take a while. *sigh*

merios-vorschlag-002.thumb.jpg.8db65912e

Edit for some closeups (pixelstuff is because I didn't want to redraw the person every time I try a new design ^.-  so I printed it Lazy girl)

1.thumb.jpg.2100067bc51c5fb5c69ad4c49237 

2.thumb.jpg.00650b6479f2c1a7823260bfe7eb

3.thumb.jpg.86171ae7f76a26944ea4d143b3ea

Edited by RiaStarchild
31 people like this

Posted

I love creating clothings and stuff and since we have a lot of costumes with a lot of skin but not many with pants ore more closed clothing I tried to create a costume that could match to the stile the game offers. The leaves on the ornaments are supposed to look like Acornleaces but since they are so small you can't see very good. I will try to color this, but it will take a while. *sigh*

merios-vorschlag-002.thumb.jpg.8db65912e

As a fellow artist I totally support this! Love the details you made and the effort you put in <3

+1

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

1 person likes this

Posted

Like the Oak foliage. Nice very cool!

+1

1 person likes this

Posted

Awesome! +1

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks great. I'm hoping they eventually bring the fan made costume contest here to NA/EU

3 people like this

Posted

Really great outfit. I'd like (and buy) it!

1 person likes this

Posted

When will this release in EU? BECAUSE the desing is GORGEOUS.  I never post in the forums, but this time I had to log in and do it just to support you. 

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 for pants. Love it!

1 person likes this

Posted

I like it, Im honestly waiting and im so eagerly ready for our Versions player based costume event. I wanna purchase a sick fan based costume!

1 person likes this

Posted

Not enough skin. You -----ed up. 

Posted

We already have too many outfits that look like this.

Posted

Very nice 

+1

Posted (edited)

I'd buy it. As a headpiece you could use small flower blooms. Is the midsection bare? If not if we could dye it a flesh tone, which might appease flesh/no flesh camps.

Edited by Desado

Posted (edited)

its a really nice outfit, I would buy it ...the sad part is that the "collar" or cape thing would probably clip in long hair styles, while I know a lot of the outfits does it still bothers me so much ...if removable I still would feel that the concept would lose its charm since it was designed " go with it"

Edited by Rainnell

Posted

Thanks for the kind words, didn't think I'd get much reaction to it :-)

- This piece is supposed to have not much skin (we have that a lot)

- The collar piece could be handled as cape (on/off).

- Midsection is not bare, it's part of the  "pullover" with ornaments.

Posted

No thanks. She looks like a strip dancer and it's not detailed enough. If you really want them to care you might want to draw it in layers showing off details (back, side the belt, cape etc) on their own and you might want to draw the proportions right because she looks like an alien. Anyhow, if you like to draw more and work in the field I suggest nailing the proportions or at least acknowledge what's wrong in the picture XP 

Posted

No thanks. She looks like a strip dancer and it's not detailed enough. If you really want them to care you might want to draw it in layers showing off details (back, side the belt, cape etc) on their own and you might want to draw the proportions right because she looks like an alien. Anyhow, if you like to draw more and work in the field I suggest nailing the proportions or at least acknowledge what's wrong in the picture XP 

as an artist myself, i see her proportions are fine. They are not alien what so ever, besides, costumes that won in the KR contest had art that wasn't even good and still won. It's the concept silly Mishee. Starchild draws great, and if you have a problem with the proportions, then you better go judge the artist from BnS or anything anime related.

Posted

Cool costume concept!

Posted

Oh god yes. Im sick of Dress's/ Skirts. And HEELS for that matter >.>'. But YES TO PANTS PLEASE!

Posted

kakao: not Heels ? reject.

Posted

as an artist myself, i see her proportions are fine. They are not alien what so ever, besides, costumes that won in the KR contest had art that wasn't even good and still won. It's the concept silly Mishee. Starchild draws great, and if you have a problem with the proportions, then you better go judge the artist from BnS or anything anime related.

My intention wasn't to bash the art that is presented in the thread, I was only criticising it. Nor did I compare it to what others have done. What I meant with "Alien" was that her limbs look longer than normal, they seem to be bent in an unnatural way and her neck is stretched out. Since this game is striving for a more realism image I don't think comparing it to BNS or anime will help. Yes, BDO does it certain ways go beyond what can be achieved in reality with the character design, but there is still the sense of realism in there. So to recap, I was only trying to criticize the work...that´s how progress is made. 

Posted

My intention wasn't to bash the art that is presented in the thread, I was only criticising it. Nor did I compare it to what others have done. What I meant with "Alien" was that her limbs look longer than normal, they seem to be bent in an unnatural way and her neck is stretched out. Since this game is striving for a more realism image I don't think comparing it to BNS or anime will help. Yes, BDO does it certain ways go beyond what can be achieved in reality with the character design, but there is still the sense of realism in there. So to recap, I was only trying to criticize the work...that´s how progress is made. 

i get you, though characters in bdo have odd hunches and shoulders as well as extra long bodies and the ability to make the proportions the way you describe. there is just a way to criticize work without bashing is all, it's called constructive criticism 

Posted

not lewd enough 

Posted

Looks great. I'm hoping they eventually bring the fan made costume contest here to NA/EU

this ^

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0