• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pearl prices.

98 posts in this topic

Posted

Are you guys -----ing serious with this pricing?

This game isn't a free-to-play like it is in Korea, this game costs money just to be able to play. So then you expect us to fork out 32 euro just for a costume? Or 9 for a pet (which is quite essential to have many of due to the shocking looting system). This is really poor form and I hope that this is just for the duration of CBT2.

22 people like this

Posted

Agreed the pearl prices are bullshit, I was planning on spending hundreds of bucks in the cash shop to get a bunch of stuff but if that money is only gonna get me a handful of costumes and pets you can forget it!

32$ for a costume !? what the hell are you people smoking!  I expected more around $10, VERY DISAPPOINTED

9 people like this

Posted

just read the CBT2 Patch notes and.. Yes this is WAAAYYY to expensive..  they should be around 10$/€ max 15.. not up to 32$/€!

5 people like this

Posted

Dire, So dire,

Posted (edited)

omg  could this be just another 2 months cash grab with a pretty face.I really hope not.

concerns 

Edited by userOnline

Posted

Prices for Pearls are fine, the prices for goods with pearls are not.

3 people like this

Posted

Reference for those who may not have yet seen this (like me prior to this thread): http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12313-cbt2-patch-notes/

If I read that page correctly:

• Pets are $9 cats/dogs and $11 hawk
  • Costumes sets are $22 or $32
  • Horse armor sets are $20 and horse flute is $15
  • Furniture sets are $25

Calculating the prices by going with the highest tier pre-order giving 2500 pearls said to be worth $25.

These were the main categories I was most interested in and holly smokes that does kind of feel quite expensive. That's a rather large commitment for a single costume or even a single pet. Costumes will last forever (assumption), but the pets must be consumed when breeding and provide only one offspring. That's a rather steep cost if the only way to obtain pets is from the cash shop. I'm not quite certain how pets are injected into the economy as (outdated?) guides say you can get them from cash shop and the auction house, but I'm guessing the auction house critters originated from cash shop purchases.

2 people like this

Posted

They can't be serious can they?

Posted

I really think they don't realize they're working on a B2P item shop and not a F2P... Daum, you can divide all the prices by 3.
3€ for a pet, 10€ for a costume, that's the kind of amount people are ready to pay. People would buy little amounts but more often: 3€ is a bit more expensive than a coffee, the kind of amount you spend without even thinking. And for 10€, let's say that some enthusiasts people would authorize themselves to buy once a month something that expensive... That's already what you'd get if you were based on a subscription model.

I'm never EVER spending 30€ at once on an item shop, maximum 10€.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

if you guys think this is TOO MUCH, you really have no clue, i support there pricing on stuff, id rather pay $22 or $32 for a costume then $42 or $36 like PoE, heck it can be even more $54 if you buy some sets separate and not as the bundle... granted they have sales and the price goes from $36 to $25 but still the base price is still higher then the $32 or $22 dollar costumes. be happy dont complain. heck PoE has pets for upto $22 as well and they dont do crap... id rather pay for a pet that cost $9 bucks that picks up items for me then upto $22 for a pet that does nothing.

Edited by Gimboo
adding pet info
1 person likes this

Posted

if you guys think this is TOO MUCH, you really have no clue, i support there pricing on stuff, id rather pay $22 or $32 for a costume then $42  or $36 like PoE, granted they have sales and the price goes from $36 to $25 but still the base price is still higher then the $32 or $22 dollar costumes. be happy dont complain. heck PoE has pets for  upto $22 as well and they dont do crap... id rather pay for a pet that cost $9 bucks that picks up items for me then upto $22 for a pet that does nothing.

So what, because buying overpriced items turns you on, we all have to do it?

To be honest I don't really care, I'm just saying that with the current pricing I won't buy anything from the shop, like most people here. This forum is to improve the game, we are telling them how to create a viable economic system. You want the prices to stay high? Well, have fun spending your money on a game which won't last more than 2 years due to a lack of incomes.

Posted

if you guys think this is TOO MUCH, you really have no clue, i support there pricing on stuff, id rather pay $22 or $32 for a costume then $42 or $36 like PoE, heck it can be even more $54 if you buy some sets separate and not as the bundle... granted they have sales and the price goes from $36 to $25 but still the base price is still higher then the $32 or $22 dollar costumes. be happy dont complain. heck PoE has pets for upto $22 as well and they dont do crap... id rather pay for a pet that cost $9 bucks that picks up items for me then upto $22 for a pet that does nothing.

TLDR; Someone try to steal me elsewhere so be happy it's better here.

1 person likes this

Posted

F***ing hell, the price is too damn high. I have the conqueror pack and you say to me : nope with your 25€ you can not buy a full costume for your character. Wtf dude. 
To play you have to pay at least 30€ to play if i remember well and wtf thoses prices. 
Even in Russian servers it cheaper and they are in Free to play ! 
Is that your nerf for the cash shop ? 

The price is too damn high and if you want to keep your community you have to make it cheaper. 

too-damn-high.jpg

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Prices on the CASH SHOP ITEMS are too high. I can afford to spend 30$ on a costume, but i know most of my guild cannot afford that kind of disposable income.

Also, im not gonna spend 30$ on a costume :3 Sorry.

10-15$ at most. 

Pearl prices are okay. 

Edited by Wintersand
3 people like this

Posted

After observing the store I've determined this needs to be done.

I recommend a reduction of all cosmetics pearl price by 75%. Increase character slot cost to $15 per slot. Reduce dye cost by 25%. Reduce pets and home furniture by 50%.

Introduce more costumes, the larger the diversity the more people will spend. People want to look different from each other and that's what stirs people dumping money.

I mentioned in another post about bringing community created content. This is a must! With community created content you can fill the store with large varieties of goods for a customer. You can filter through player created content and make sure it's lore friendly.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

ah.....

Edited by userOnline

Posted (edited)

yer was talking with a friend about this ^^

my issue isn't as much the pricing (yes 30+€ for an outfit is a bit crazy), but more the initiated cost of getting what you "want for optimal enjoyment". i mean 100€ for the conq, which gets you 1pet,1horse,full armour+weapon skin, and perls enough to buy max weight, now you still need 2 more pets 20€, you still need extra inventory space 1€ a piece (lets just say 16 extra spaces=16€, with a max of 148 spaces (seriously thats like 130€ to max out inv space heh, but ok you dont need to max that out so shhh for now)), and you would like horse armour as well, think the price was 30+ for that as well

so thats an initiated cost of 166€ to get all you need for optimal play...

and then you are expected to drop very high amount for anything else you would like....

i think it is a bit high. what makes me a bit nervous is that with such a crazy initiated cost, 166+- most people won't be buying extra stuff for quite a long time (since for 166+- € you expect to be able to play for a long while without any reason to buy more 166/20=8,3 months or so expected), and then the question is, will we all get screwed by P2W in 3-4 months when Daum goes "ow no, no one is buying stuff what should we do?"...

edit:

another thing that cought my eye is that we only get 2 outfit for each class, instead of getting all outfits available... which if you want to have the game run long term on cosmetics and initiated pricing (primarily initied pricing i am hoping, else some ecconomic didnt have a clue hehe), you need A LOT of cosmetic outfit..

i would say you need at least 8-12 sets for each class at release, and to put in new outfit at a monthly rated (1 outfit per month +-). so continually keep giving people stuff which is cool and worth buying, and the pricing 30€+ for an outfit, either the outfit needs to be AMAZING (which none of them currently are, not even on KR), or the pricing should be cut in half=15€.

you will sell far more at 15€ than at 30€ and overall profit would be far greater i think ^^

edit2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/46f1rw/this_dye_system_has_to_go_really/

and dye needs to be permanent or fully colouring a full armour in the colour of Your choice :P

Edited by Tjaranis
2 people like this

Posted

this is just a joke, so we get 5k daim points for free testing, and when you feel thats 50€ its just lol...

even I bought 1 pearl chest for 2k and lost 2k without gaining the chest just a error and daim coins gone xD...

in fact that cannot be and more important I won't pay this price doing a petition against this in the future.

And please rich kids, don't buy it because you have it, nearly everyone have 32€ but nobody should use it for something like that.

Posted

I'd just end up not playing either game. Not worth the time (or, especially in the case of a $30 initial buy-in, the money) to play a game that is doomed to fall towards P2W when its crazy prices push all but the most dedicated whales away from the game. Daum may need money, but I doubt they'll see much coming from most players at prices like these.

Posted (edited)

well that prices for F2P game are okay but this is a game B2P and these prices are ridiculous (at least for me) and prices should be reduced by half or more. Well, if this does not happen then I thank you for this store, and they will not see my money there

I assume that not only do I think so (so probably better think again because with lower prices and more people are willing to buy something, and at such exorbitant prices rather only a certain percentage will spend an astronomical money on these things). If it stay as it is now ... than i say fa .. you! and i will not spend any more my money on this game and i will play as it is for that what i pay and nothing more.

Me and my wallet say a firm and resolute NO for that prices, and if you agree with me than express your objections here and do not buy anything for current prices if thay do not change it, lets unite everyone because only group is strength and unleash the storm on chat !!!

Edited by firefly

Posted (edited)

I think it's high but I'd still pay it. $20 for a nice costume is completely reasonable. $32 for a costume is high, but I'd feel like an awesome rich kid running around with it. lawl

But in all seriousness, more people would be able to purchase stuff from the store if it were cheaper. And people would probably buy 1 thing multiple times if they have multiple characters. While I'd buy a costume ONCE at $32, there's no way in all hell I'd start decking out any of my alts with store stuff if it's gonna be left at these prices. Long term income for Daum would be more realistic if prices were lower, instead of people just *maybe* buying 1 costume, and then never buying one again. At least that's how I think it'd be.

Edited by Samantha
more thoughts

Posted

Rather then going in an spouting frick words ::

Yes, I also think the prices are quite high.
I wont bother to buy costumes or pets with the current prices as shown in the CBT2.
Simply because I wont be able to buy any food for the whole month.

Tbh, the pricing is a bit off.

Posted

With prices this high, will people wearing expensive costumes be revered or rebuked?

The prices are way too high. 

Posted

Agreed. Prices need to be halfed, at least. I understand they need a reliable source of income after release other than new game sales, but at this rate the large majority of people will end up buying nothing at all.

What do they expect, when they come out with such ridiculous pricing? "Hey, customers are sure gonna like it if we make them pay 32$ for an armor skin and even more for RNG one-time use dyes."

Posted

Also, having brought a founders pack, not being able to afford a costume is a slap in the face...

1 person likes this