• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pearl prices.

98 posts in this topic

Posted

Yea, I don't want to be a founder anymore, thats a a good portion of spit in mah face.

Posted

I'll be really disappointed in those 2500 pearls I got with the conqueror's...

1 person likes this

Posted

Im going to agree with this too.. Considering with the most expensive Pre-Order pack, you cant even get most things at 3200.. The hell? I want to love this game, but looking at these prices, it makes me worried I started recommending it to friends... If the prices drop, heck yeah I will throw in RL money, but I am not gonna pay 2x more than some other games charge monthly.. for 1 pixel outfit in here.

Posted

Let's try this from a different angle:

See how many people are in an uproar about the pricing, Daum? 
Why is that? Is it cause they don't wanna spend money on it? No, rather quite the opposite.

Provide us with premium content and the correct pricing, you will earn more money.
People love spending money - People Hate feeling ripped off on the other hand.

I feel the fact that people complain about pricing are always looked at the wrong way.
These are voices filled with passion for the game - do not take them lightly , for they will make you rich if you treat them right.

5 people like this

Posted

These prices are ridiculous, i was thinking in getting some costumes, but not at that price sorry.

Posted

the free weap skin is actually good in the $50 pack, The damn weapons cost $10. With this I would just buy the $22 set without the costume.

Posted (edited)

um....

Edited by userOnline

Posted (edited)

I agree that the prices are much too high. They need to be halved at least. Right now, an outfit costs as much as the entire game does at the 30 euro mark. That's not right or justifiable. 

I'd be willing to buy a full costume for 10-15 euros, but more than that is reeeaaally pushing it. Make things more affordable and they'll sell like hot cakes. You'd ultimately profit more like that, surely? But catering only to those with crazy amounts of money to throw at the game will make the cash shop completely ignored by most and quite possibly drive players away before you're even out of the gate, especially with the in-game selection of armours already being quite limited.

Take a look at other B2P models like GW2 - their oufits cost 10 euros. That's much more reasonable and they sell a lot.

Edited by Faine
2 people like this

Posted

Just one question is there anyone from Daum actually read this feedback from players in forum?

Posted (edited)

Pitching in my agreement. More than anything, I think this could financially kill the game. People will shell out five or ten bucks on a costume on a whim. In Guild Wars people bought new releases left and right. And there they could be used on all characters, not just once.

At thirty bucks, I will, guaranteed, NEVER buy a single costume. ESPECIALLY when I can only use them on one character. It's just not worth it.

If they actually want to earn money with the cash shop, they need to go for volume over price. Make things cheap and people can't resist. Make prices high and people can't justify. At a third of the price, you'd get ten times the sales.

Edited by SeanDominique

Posted

Agreed the costume price for a single one + weapon is the equivelant of just outright buying the game iteself, that's the most ridiculous part

If there was a reason it was so high there wouldn't be any backlash, but because the low amount of costumes i'm assuming they put each one sky high on expenses

A costume and weapon should be maybe $15 at most, or about £10-£12.50

Posted

Just can't get past the fact that a set of armor costs more than the game..

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Agreed, agreed, agreed. Seriously, Daum? I've spent some good cash in other games for aesthetic things... But because that good cash gave me good amount and variety!! 30€ per costume is like a bad joke. Most of us would gladly buy plenty of things, but paying the same for a single costume that you played for the (basic) game just does not feel good.

Daum, consider to set the price in 10/12€ per costume and just sit to see how people buy them by dozens. For real.

Some people said it before and it is just what I was telling my friends: Many of us ALREADY spent money in this. Some even 100$. It is not fair to have those prices, as you at least will grab 30$ from everyone who wanna buy the game in EU/NA. It's just ridiculous, and counterproductive as people will be much more reticent to buy a single item (many will do anyway, but in my opinion, not as many).

Let's hope they will hear us on this (I was ready to buy some costumes for my chars, but as it is now, I will wait for some sales...)

Edited by Suki Bells

Posted

I agree with this, prices are way to high for vanity items, we have already paid for the game where it is free in other countries, we do not grow money on trees, aye?

1 person likes this

Posted

I have to add my agreement to this as well, the prices are unjustifiable at this point. It will put a lot of people off from making more purchases, this is speaking from my own experience. I don't mind spending £10 or so on an outfit but this ? Sorry but I will not be buying much at this rate, if anything at all. Please adjust the prices to something more sensible, lest you lose out on business that would most likely guarantee this game to flourish. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I do find it rather funny that a lot of the complaints on the forums are purely cosmetic/regarding the cash shop.

Agreed re pricing though. Would happily spend more money on the game if I felt I was getting something of value, rather than feeling like I'm literally burning all the cash I have.

Posted (edited)

I agree, the prices are too high.

Did DAUM not do any research? Simply looking at other succesful games with cash shops you can quickly see what people are willing to spend on vanity items and other goodies.

Guild Wars 2, a highly successful Buy2Play MMO charges 10 euro/dollars for actual armors, and 8 euro/dollars for costumes. And all of them are account-bound, not character-bound. Those are acceptable prices. 22 euro/dollars for a character-bound armor/costume and 32 euro/dollars for a character-bound armor/costume + weapon is not.

In my opinion, the prices should be dropped by at least 50% and even then the prices are still a bit on the high side.

Acceptable prices in my opinion would be:

10 euro/dollar for a character-bound costume.
15 euro/dollar for a character-bound costume + weapon.

But ideal prices in my opinion would be:

7 euro/dollar for a character-bound costume.
10 euro/dollar for a character-bound costume + weapon.

I might pick up 1 or 2 costume + weapon sets if they costed 15 euro/dollar each. I'll definitely pick up multiple costume + weapon sets if they cost 10 euro/dollar each. But with the current pricing, I won't pick up anything and I'm actually glad that I didn't buy the Conqueror's pre-order pack.
If the prices stay as they are, I'll stick to my Explorer's pack and never bat an eye to the cashshop.
If the prices drop by at least 50% I might upgrade to the Conqueror's pack and get myself some nice costumes + weapons from the cashshop.

Edited by Lucos
2 people like this

Posted

Agreed. the prices should be cut 1/3 to make it fair. More people will be more inclined to spend when the price is not too high. The game will create more income in volume of purchases rather than depending on a small number of buyers who can burn the cash. Just my opinion tho. :D

Posted

We can all agree the prices are ludicrous, the only way things will change is when no one buys anything. Oh there will be people who can and will purchase items, however like any economy, its self correcting. If no one spends the prices will go down. There is no shortage of supply, they items are pixilated and as many as needed can instantly be created. For a buy to play game its hardly a micro transaction to spend 30 dollars/euros for a character bound item.

Posted

Cant agree more. Prices are INSANE. $10 for a set and $15 for it with the weapon.  This is ridiculous.

Posted (edited)

maybe people are overreacting just a little bit ;)

while the prices are high on costumes, do remember they got NO p2w and they have to survive on cosmetics and initial cost.

now as i stated earlier in the thread, it is not the high prices that scares me (i am ok with paying 30€ for a costume that is permanent in a game where you would rarely switch costumes: and it ofcause looks awesome (lich mage, angel or devil, er something equally cool, witch btw)).

but the initial price is around 160+ € to be set with pets, armour/costume, horse, weight and a bit of inv; and that price is not unfair (bit on the high side but still within fair amounts), so you can expect that if you paid 20€ a month sub, that would be 8months of payment, even if we said you paid 40€ sub a month it is still 4 months, meaning that those players will properly not spend more for a few months, and Daum might panic and make it P2W and then we just wasted 160€ -.-

that is what i am more afraid off...

i do believe in daum though and i will keep supporting them;

they done an EXCELLENT job listening to us.

they removed P2W,

they will introduce energy potions and they already removed energy potions from cash shop,

they changed the darkning of night and gave us more ambiance etc,

they changed pvp karma hits to accomodate our wishes,

they changed hp potion cd to accomodate our wishes,

they changed pvp level flagging to 50 to accomodated our wishes.

they just changed the cashshop release to "release date" instead of 12 days later.

simply said, they have TRULY listened to the community; just think, which other AAA publisher have you seen listen so much to the community lately?. so i will say, LETS ALL TAKE A DEEP BREATH! and give them the benefit off our trust and tell them nicely, that we find the costumes prices a bit high, and we would like insurance that they will keep being loyal even when there will be a short stop in item buy for a few months after release ;)

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

The weight limit increase should be removed because it gives an unfair advantage.. All the Horse stuff except the custome, whistle, and name change should be removed because they get unfair advantages. Crystal removal should be put in mileage just like KR. Overall the Cash shop is being a trade Cash for currency facilitator and giving unfair advantages through costume stats, weight limit increase, horse armor stats. I really don't mind paying $$ for pets and inventory, but I hate to be forced to pay money to be on the same stats as others. Also, SKill resets should be a lot cheaper or use in-game currency. I will glady pay cash for tabs instead, like BnS.

Posted

Pitching in my agreement. More than anything, I think this could financially kill the game. People will shell out five or ten bucks on a costume on a whim. In Guild Wars people bought new releases left and right. And there they could be used on all characters, not just once.

At thirty bucks, I will, guaranteed, NEVER buy a single costume. ESPECIALLY when I can only use them on one character. It's just not worth it.

If they actually want to earn money with the cash shop, they need to go for volume over price. Make things cheap and people can't resist. Make prices high and people can't justify. At a third of the price, you'd get ten times the sales.

I just wanted to pitch in and agree that the prices are too high. SeanDominique has the right of it. If you charge less for items you'll get more money in the end from more sales than having prices set ridiculously high. 

Steam is a good example to look at. There are games that make more being sold for super discounted prices for the duration of a Steam Sale than they had for the fiscal year leading up to the sale.

I may end up getting tempted enough to drop the money on a costume, but it's something I'd have to actually consider, and certainly wouldn't do multiple times. At 10 dollars for the costume it's almost guaranteed I'd end up spending more than the 32 dollars that it would have cost for one costume in the long run, as I'd end up gearing up a lot of my characters and actually feeling like I was getting my money's worth.

Please consider revisiting your prices.

Thanks

Posted

For an MMO with even less armour/weapon/outfit designs and items gained through playing the game, the in-game store is pretty much your destination to look unique. The loot is even worse than FFXIV which doesn't have much in ways of variety. You'll be wanting to spend money once you hit that soft cap, and to look different, look unique, and carry a fabulous weapon.

The prices for the currency is fair, it's the total prices of items that are on F2P levels of stupidity, and GREED.

2 people like this

Posted

I also want to make my voice heard regarding this issue. I have pre-ordered the game and am looking forward to play it. In fact from what I've heard, BDO is definitely the game for me. Should cosmetics, pets, and other cash shop items be reasonably priced (and without P2W aspects) I will definitely be spending money, perhaps every month. However as the cash shop looks now I am hesitant to spend even a single euro. Here we are, already paid money for the game. This means we are WILLING to spend. Make the shop right and most of us will be spending more, it's not a F2P game where 90% of users are non-paying

2 people like this