• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Alt Characters Process While on Main.

11 posts in this topic

Posted

As the title says, can we have all or even 1-2 alts process mats or gather (water) while playing on a different character? I see the potential negative side to this (most people having all alts fishing flooding relics etc..) but I can't grind mobs or level characters because I know I would lose too much silver.

At the moment I'm afk half my playtime while playing other games even though I'd rather play BDO.

Posted (edited)

This would be cool for making money but maybe too good! Also I'm guessing the point of making money with life skill is to use it while being AFK. But hey if this is implemented that would be great.

But I think the main problem with processing is you can't really go totally AFK but must micro manage certain steps of the processing skill, therefore you can't just automate it while sleeping.

One way to remedy that would be to be able to chain tasks. Example: Task 1 process all iron ores; Task 2 process iron shards and coal into steel; Task 3 make all birch logs into planks; Task 4: make all birch planks into plywood; etc...

So if we can't use alts to process this would be a nice compromise I think.

Only issue I see is, if processing from your storage and you want to use the product of a task for another task it should go to the storage otherwise you won't be able to use it.

Anyway, I think your idea has merit just thought I would add to it. Maybe we could even get it all! :)

Edited by Lady Minuit

Posted

Really what you proposed is a way to not play the game and make even more money than the game already allows. Since you already spend most of your time afk while playing other games I don't see how this will help you want to play the game more. Grinding mobs is already seen as the fastest way to make silver. In another perspective, you are losing more potential money by just being afk and not grinding than you would by grinding and not producing goods.

Posted (edited)

@durian First of all grinding is definitely not the fastest way to make silver, unless youmean farming the Gate Keepers then I would agree. I see what you mean about "making even more money than the game already allows", it would give me an advantage and of course if they implemented the idea I would try to find ways to use it, but I don't think it would break the game and this isn't really the point behind why I want this idea.

I only play other games because I can't play the grinding mobs aspect of this game after I've used the 'Daily Grinding Hour' since I lose silver and it is such a necessity to have for pve/pvp. I want to mainly grind for xp so to do that effectively the best grinds would probably give me 5-12mil per hour which is a loss in my book and not worth doing. That's why I like this idea because I could do my gathering and when I set my guy up for his 1-2hr afk session I can log onto another character and continue to play the game I want to play (BDO). 

So yes this way I can play the game more.

Edited by Prochilles

Posted (edited)

On this making you play more actively:

I think it definitely would. I afk a lot, because I have so much stuff that needs processing. Those means that on weekends, or after work, I often find myself needing to chop another 20k of timber or something, instead of going out and grinding or whatever. So I'll go and play another game while I afk.

If i could leave a character or 3 processing, while I go out and do something fun, I could spend more time actively playing without feeling like I'm missing out on my life skilling. 

Edited by Similon
A veritable litany of typos.
1 person likes this

Posted

Really what you proposed is a way to not play the game and make even more money than the game already allows. Since you already spend most of your time afk while playing other games I don't see how this will help you want to play the game more. Grinding mobs is already seen as the fastest way to make silver. In another perspective, you are losing more potential money by just being afk and not grinding than you would by grinding and not producing goods.

Get LOST PLUNGE!

Posted

I AFK process 22+ hours a day and ended up with 3B despite I played about 6 months (April - August + returned a month ago). Letting people AFK processing on several alts would make those who can keep computers running all day processing stupidly rich.

Posted

I AFK process 22+ hours a day and ended up with 3B despite I played about 6 months (April - August + returned a month ago). Letting people AFK processing on several alts would make those who can keep computers running all day processing stupidly rich.

Maybe processing on 1 alt wouldn't be a bad idea though. Or allow us to chain tasks so that you don't have to micro manage as much. Or maybe I just need bigger piles of wood... !

Posted

The easy way to do this would be to let you assign workers to do it. 

But i guess one of the purposes of you wanting this change is to also level up processing on your alt characters.

Posted

I only play other games because I can't play the grinding mobs aspect of this game after I've used the 'Daily Grinding Hour' since I lose silver and it is such a necessity to have for pve/pvp. I want to mainly grind for xp so to do that effectively the best grinds would probably give me 5-12mil per hour which is a loss in my book and not worth doing. That's why I like this idea because I could do my gathering and when I set my guy up for his 1-2hr afk session I can log onto another character and continue to play the game I want to play (BDO). 

So yes this way I can play the game more.

Well I see how this would let you actively play the game more. But I personally still like the choice of trade offs, having to do one or the other.

Also how much do you make per hour afk O_o, I spend most of my time afk and would make less than 5 mil an hour processing, not counting time spent actively gathering.

If that was 22 hours a day for 30 days a month in 6 months. That would only be about 3960 hours which comes to about 750k an hour. I'm still new so idk how much 3bil in 6month is though.

Posted

@Gevlon Yea, I agree several alts processing would have the potential to only benefit those with pc that could handle it, but limiting offline work to 1 alt I don't think would have that effect (although I would be able to life skill and grind for silver at the same time). 

@Durian Same. I like that there are trade-offs too it's something that I love/hate about the game and what I think keeps me in it because things aren't just handed to everyone. I think 3/5 of my life skill money comes from gathering and the other 2/5 comes from afk, but it definitely takes some research into what you gather and what you use it for.

@Feel so moon You can process some mats. with workers, but I think at a loss in mats and the cost of beer. Like you said too I would want to level my processing at the same time.