• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is Tamer worth the time?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Sup´guys, can you tell me whether shoudl i start tamer again? It used to be my firs class I played and I still like it because of the high single dmg target (PvE) and the fact that you cna aggro more mobs with heiling. Recently there are really bad comments about tamer (thosenew KR patches, and even before people kept saying that tamer is just weak) I was excited to finally start playing again from the scratch I did not care much that people said that its weak but seeing now it gets even more nerf is kinda discouraging.
So.. Your opinion?
PS: (DK - lvl 55 - it was painful... Ninja - 56lvl - Kind of fun, stil felt a bit weak and repetitive while grinding, Zerker - Spin to win -> Awakening is meh for me, and there are tons of people palying witch, wizard and musa and I feel like that I dont want to play the class that is Way too strong and easy)
Thanks

Posted

Tamers are good. I mean tbh everything is good, you just need to have good gear.

Posted

Tamers are good. I mean tbh everything is good, you just need to have good gear.

Could you please elaborate a bit more? 
I mean like.. PvE with awakening, PvP generaly? 

Way too many people keep saying it is **** in both currently. (I Dont have a boss gear.. just decent... TRI kazrka Shortsword, DUO Grunil full, Witches and MoS PRI, ...DUO trinket (needle).

Posted (edited)

Sup´guys, can you tell me whether shoudl i start tamer again? It used to be my firs class I played and I still like it because of the high single dmg target (PvE) and the fact that you cna aggro more mobs with heiling. Recently there are really bad comments about tamer (thosenew KR patches, and even before people kept saying that tamer is just weak) I was excited to finally start playing again from the scratch I did not care much that people said that its weak but seeing now it gets even more nerf is kinda discouraging.
So.. Your opinion?
PS: (DK - lvl 55 - it was painful... Ninja - 56lvl - Kind of fun, stil felt a bit weak and repetitive while grinding, Zerker - Spin to win -> Awakening is meh for me, and there are tons of people palying witch, wizard and musa and I feel like that I dont want to play the class that is Way too strong and easy)
Thanks

You should definitely try it out. Tamer only starts to show its weaknesses in large scale PvP, but in small scale and 1v1 you are one of the best classes. The new KR patch where they took out Void cc on cd wasn't too big of a deal; it does hurt your large scale PvP slightly tho. It'll just push ppl who spammed void all day during PvP to reroll off the class, but the ppl who were actually good at the class and didn't heavily rely on it to still be good.

Tamer has a shit ton of cancels and combos for you to learn, so you won't be that guy that presses 3 buttons all the time to do their combos and stuff. 

In 1v1 you don't need a buttload of ap to kill ppl, just your combo will be longer, but in mass PvP you will need quite a bit of AP to take out people since you won't be able to really combo or else u will die. 

Tamer PvE is meh, it's not amazing but it's not super painful like Valk PvE (sorry valks :c). 

tl;dr :

Tamer 1v1 small scale - Good

Tamer large scale - meh a bit weak

Tamer PvE - somewhere in the middle

Edited by SereneWaves
2 people like this

Posted

Could you please elaborate a bit more? I mean like.. PvE with awakening, PvP generaly? 
Way too many people keep saying it is **** in both currently. (I Dont have a boss gear.. just decent... TRI kazrka Shortsword, DUO Grunil full, Witches and MoS PRI, ...DUO trinket (needle).

Both. PvE awakening grind speed is competitive, PVP damage is competitive. Survivability is competitive. There are no glaring issues about tamer that would make it any more or less playable than any other class that I've noticed. I don't main tamer tho so my perspective is just as someone who fights them. 

I'm sure some1 who mains it could go on and on about specific gripes, but big picture, tamers, and every other class are useful if they have gear. Sure they aren't top tier like zerk or witch wizard, but they're just as useful as most classes. 

Posted

Tamer PvE - somewhere in the middle

Tamer PvE is pretty top tier considering she has a pet to help her double leash the mobs to her. She has enough sustainability that you never need pots when farming mobs since a lot of her skill are based on recovery per hit. She is also one of the few class that can farm higher level mobs without high level gear. I could farm Sausan at mere 120 AP at decent clear speed with NO POTS and no awakening at the time. 

Once you start gearing her to her max potential with at least 200 AP and getting her to high level, she will start hitting like a truck. Her playstyle is really hit and run. Go in, do all your combos, and get out while all your cooldown are back up. Rinse and repeat for PvP. 

P.S. Watch out for magic damage users like Wiz/Witch/DK. They do 50% more magic damage to us for unknown reason (bug) compared to other classes. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok, thank you very much guys I appreciate it a lot!! 

Posted

Shes cute

1 person likes this

Posted

Shes cute

this is actually 1 area where tamer is pretty overpowered. Top tier waifu. 

Posted

this is actually 1 area where tamer is pretty overpowered. Top tier waifu. 

I feel like my Tamer is going to be more beasty and combination of Wixen and NiightCat Outfit :D

Posted

dk is better than tamer if you bother to learn the class that is and infact tamers also need skill to play good.

Posted

dk is better than tamer if you bother to learn the class that is and infact tamers also need skill to play good.

I don´t think I ever said I´m not willing to learn it properly. 
Also DK is way too... I dont know... mana hungry and boring.... Maybe becasue i didnt put much money into a weapon just to ge it to 55 but still... I really dislike DP.. I like the concept tho. 

Posted (edited)

I got to lv 56 on my tamer, and I didn't care for it's awake at all. On paper, it's awake skills should be doing more than Bolt/Jolt, but since you can spam Bolt/Jolt by canceling with Legendary Beast Power, it spins, and does 100% crit, it clears mobs much faster until you get those awake skills ranked up.

Biggest gripe is awake skill damage %, the awake normal attack has nearly the same damage as all the awake skills.

Tamer PvE is meh, it's not amazing but it's not super painful like Valk PvE (sorry valks :c). 

I find Valk PvE pretty fun. Pulling mobs into one spot and then rain hell down on them with your F skill or RMB spam. Not as easy as other awakes...but not too bad. What I dislike is how the RMB, and SPACE skills send you flying forward, half the time I go past mobs.

Edited by Marlin

Posted

i  love my tamer for pve and believe it one of strongest pve class if used right. She can also pull twice as many mobs because of her pet counts as another player.

Posted

Both. PvE awakening grind speed is competitive, PVP damage is competitive. Survivability is competitive. There are no glaring issues about tamer that would make it any more or less playable than any other class that I've noticed. I don't main tamer tho so my perspective is just as someone who fights them. 
I'm sure some1 who mains it could go on and on about specific gripes, but big picture, tamers, and every other class are useful if they have gear. Sure they aren't top tier like zerk or witch wizard, but they're just as useful as most classes. 

Baka loses again

So.. Your opinion?
Thanks

Tamer is a class that doesn't need a lot of gear to win in most pvp scenarios. But in order to do well it requires skill(like anything else). 

Posted

Baka loses again

How dare you

1 person likes this

Posted

you obviously wouldn't notice the issue when u are a ranger, ranger and zerkers are the only classes that can beat tamers at 1v1 without bring ridiculous over geared

Posted

Tamer is good as long as you aren't expecting to do gvg or node stuff. Her clear speed is sort of garbage though, so you really have to take advantage of your double pull or else you'll be a lot less efficient and you'll find it difficult to hit end game. She does take 30% extra damage from magic attacks (so witches/wizards, sorc, dk) which is very punishing. But her playstyle is very active and I find a lot of fun. Since 90% of the time you spend playing this game will be pve grind, it's really important to chose a class whos gameplay you like the most, or else you'll get bored with the game very quickly.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can't disagree with @Cyrii

Posted

Everyclass is good if you have the gear and skill for it.

Why some are considered "crappier" than the rest is the amount of player skill and self avarness involved.

For example if you pick wizzard has no combos, insane dmg, self heal, AOE, mobility, no animation cancels, tons of super armor and blocks, KDs you name it,

its easy to play and considered good while tamer have animation cancels - if you do not use them you are slow, small hit box - harder to hit stuff, not so mobile,

... basically you need to learn how to play well.

I would say pick what you like playing and not what forums say its good, if you will like the playstyle you will master the class eventually.

Posted

dont play it

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Tamer can be fun, no doubt about that but later when you will start to compare its performance in nodewars, grind speed with other classes you will be frustrated & in game with infinite progression, best performing class wins.

Edited by mate

Posted (edited)

Honestly....honestly, they need to fix the pet disappearing in water, and I am talking like a puddle, its ridiculous, lazy coding! And don't get me started on the 30% more dmg from magic attacks...wtf!

Even considering all that, having fun trumps anything else to be honest, if you aren't having fun then whats the point playing other classes

Edited by Ryukenwulf

Posted (edited)

FWIW (and as Lord of Trash it is probably not worth much), I vacillate between Tamer/Maewae/DK and my main Ranger. I like to stick and move- dart in and CC and DPS then GTFO. The Ranger gameplay got worse (IMHO) after awakening in many ways. She lacks the side to side darting with awakening out even though she has this ability with the bow out, and awakening makes her think she can melee when she is way to squishy to do this well. The Tamer plays like a jumping bean that hits hard and is a blast to play. The other 2 seem a bit easier to play to me and have good movement and blocking. I am leaning DK having leveled all three classes to 56, but her awakening will determine which other class I semi-main.

As an aside, I have also leveled Kuno, Sorc, Witch and Valk to 50, but lost interest in those classes.

Edited by Grizabella

Posted

The Tamer is a fun class. I enjoy it's fighting style and it flows well when I play it. Personally I don't think it has slow clear speed, or if it does, I don't seem to notice it maybe due to the fun play style.  When Ninja was released I swapped all the gear and leveled one to 55 and in my experience with the ninja, it felt slower, and seemed to me to do less damage pve wise than the tamer. Both had the exact same AP/DP. 

When it came to node wars I played the Tamer as a harasser, I'd find the back line, rush in drop CC's and get out. This worked a lot better for me than trying to stay in the fray. I left that to the zerker's and warriors/valk's. 

If you play the Tamer then be aware that the pet's AI is a little lacking and you will notice it often fighting tents or attacking other random structures and not the group of mobs you pulled. It will also vanish if it gets it's feet wet (farming marks of shadow rings is a real pain in the ass). The devs didn't think ahead to put a timer bar under the pet status, so I found myself having to re-summon at the most inopportune times and that gets annoying quickly as well. Don't forget to hotbar the attack command either or it will just stand around derping 90% of the time.

For mobility I don't find the class slow at all. Make sure you go into the settings and under input you keybind WW to an easy to reach key (I used the middle mouse button). This will make moving around faster. When you get overweight while farming you can ride the pet back to your horse or town and this will negate the overweight effect.

FWIW, I have 700hrs playtime on my Tamer, I don't play it currently but I am seriously thinking about going back.

1 person likes this