• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is Tamer worth the time?

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Post awake i find tamer abit fun. I find it substandard in large scale pvp,which honestly to me makes the class useless.

It's not that tamer is terrible,It's that what can it do better than any other class? The class is fine on paper untill you compare it
to other classes. -Edit Must correct myself ( Yes it waifus better than all ) @Dremlock

I personally don't see the point in playing a class that is less well rounded than most of the classes.
I am a person who plays with efficiency as my #1 priority and fun as my #2 priority.
That might sound odd to you. But in the long run it turns #2 into #1 via efficiency and power in pvp.

Play what makes you have fun. But i would search the tamer forum,Not too long ago a long very
well informed post was made about the issues surrounding tamer in it's current form.

The largest issues in that post were ( worst cc out of all classes,low damage multipliers )
all were explained in mathematical detail. Then theres 2/3rds of the main pvp tamers quitting tamer
and rerolling warrior/wiz/witch.. 

So i guess it's really up to fun being your #1 priority. If it is and you enjoy tamer then play it.
If you plan on playing nodewars and other mass forms of pvp the why handicap yourself?

Edited by Freeway

Posted

Ive spent a lot of time with a tamer, definately worth the time

1 person likes this

Posted

i love my tamer and will always main tamer... 
ive just recently hit 60 on her ... yea yea i know i should probably  have had 2 or 3 60s by now but i suck.. 
anyway she is great and i know plenty of really good tamers that are just beasts!!!
if they got rid of that extra 30% magic dmg tamers take that would be great T^T
as for pve i can normally out grind over multiple ppl if they are trying to take my spots without flagging
pvp as long as its not a magic dmg heavy class im normally ok with most players 

just keep player tamer my tamer is and forever will be my main

Posted (edited)

Post awake i find tamer abit fun. I find it substandard in large scale pvp,which honestly to me makes the class useless.

It's not that tamer is terrible,It's that what can it do better than any other class? The class is fine on paper untill you compare it
to other classes. -Edit Must correct myself ( Yes it waifus better than all ) @Dremlock

I personally don't see the point in playing a class that is less well rounded than most of the classes.
I am a person who plays with efficiency as my #1 priority and fun as my #2 priority.
That might sound odd to you. But in the long run it turns #2 into #1 via efficiency and power in pvp.

Play what makes you have fun. But i would search the tamer forum,Not too long ago a long very
well informed post was made about the issues surrounding tamer in it's current form.

The largest issues in that post were ( worst cc out of all classes,low damage multipliers )
all were explained in mathematical detail. Then theres 2/3rds of the main pvp tamers quitting tamer
and rerolling warrior/wiz/witch.. 

So i guess it's really up to fun being your #1 priority. If it is and you enjoy tamer then play it.
If you plan on playing nodewars and other mass forms of pvp the why handicap yourself?

there are problem with tamers but neither damage nor CC are it.

Maybe you're just no good at tamer or their higher skill cap is not to your liking or maybe your ping is worse then average.

A tamers damage is insane and every move a tamer uses is a CC. And just to top it off tamers have one of the highest awakening accuracy modifiers and almost every skill is animation cancelable.

To compare that to a mage is just... Maybe you're just a bad tamer.

GvG and mass PvP(sorta the real issue isxwhat is know as breakthrough power, aka choke point duty), ya tamers have issues, so does gameplay under lag which affects shortsword users a lot, but in terms of pure fighing ability tamers are not lacking by a long shot.

The shear fact tamers are given a grab puts it above the CC meter, before you even say CC you have to actually think about what move in the tamer rotation isn't a CC( bolt jolt only)

Basically you don't know what the f you're talking about. The issues are completely 180 of what you think they are.

Edited by Kuu
1 person likes this

Posted

I will say only one thing. None of the top 10 guilds in NA are currently recruiting tamers for siege wars. Figure the rest out yourself. 

Posted

30% more dmg from magic is main reason why you should stay away from this class, unless youre masochist or life skiller that likes loli

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe you're just no good at tamer or their higher skill cap is not to your liking or maybe your ping is worse then average.

A tamers damage is insane and every move a tamer uses is a CC. And just to top it off tamers have one of the highest awakening accuracy modifiers and almost every skill is animation cancelable.

GvG and mass PvP(sorta the real issue isxwhat is know as breakthrough power, aka choke point duty), ya tamers have issues, so does gameplay under lag which affects shortsword users a lot, but in terms of pure fighing ability tamers are not lacking by a long shot.

The shear fact tamers are given a grab puts it above the CC meter, before you even say CC you have to actually think about what move in the tamer rotation isn't a CC( bolt jolt only)

Basically you don't know what the f you're talking about. The issues are completely 180 of what you think they are.

Lol believe what you want those reasons are the exact reason most top tamers have rerolled.

Posted

No, she isn't.

Posted

Last night a Tamer called Rukastsu started attacking me while I was semi-afk on my horse. I'd alt-tabbed to read something on reddit when I heard the sound of me being charged off my horse. I was totally flustered (and a wee bit drunk AF) and my attempt to fight back was pathetic. I managed to get him with moonlit strike into full moon which made him disengage. I moved back while frantically potting up BUT the guy pulled off a successful long range Cloud Ride hit. Knocked me on my arse and finished me off in the blink of an eye.

It was a deeply sexual move and I didn't even mind about being killed. Made me love my Tamer again.

Posted

1v1 and very smallscale, tamers are very strong. Sieges and nodewars they fall of almost completely. 

Once the heiling endless splash cc nerf from korea comes however...idk. 

Posted

Dmg scaling is crap? Like actually open up the skill tree and just compare to other classes and its shit? Tamer grab is broken rn I can reliably use it 1/5 times. Tamer has a lot of potential cc but since 90% of the time the other class is in permanent super armor and the attacks lock you in long, predictable, stationary animations they're worthless and only usable in niche situations so you only have 2 reliable initiators.

Tamer dmg is garbage, you can really feel it when you pve in party and everyone will clear faster than you unless you have 30+ap on them. It actually makes grinding later on quite discouraging because its so much more inefficient even with double pull you can only go to areas with super high mob density or else you cant grind efficiently.

What class do you play where almost every skill doesnt have animation cancel? The only ones I can think of is witch/wizard.

Tamer has terrible preawak iframes. I can't count the times I have died/been grabbed/ccd mid iframe. Because of this and their really shitty frontal block you have no suitability in large pvp. Because of extra 30% mgc dmg you get torched by wizards constantly (you will get 2 shot at 300dp) as well as it being much harder to fight sorc/dk. And sorc actually has working iframes.

I love playing tamer don't get me wrong, but if there was a class that was as fun as her I would reroll in a heartbeat. She's totally garbage, the only reason she's as good as she is in small pvp is people get scared by heilang and dont focus you properly + baiting people into void. I wouldn't dissuade anyone from playing tamer, but don't lie to them and preach on about how good tamer is it's just the 99% of the playerbase playing her thats bad.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don´t think I ever said I´m not willing to learn it properly. Also DK is way too... I dont know... mana hungry and boring.... Maybe becasue i didnt put much money into a weapon just to ge it to 55 but still... I really dislike DP.. I like the concept tho. 

If you are having mana issues on DK its due to your lack of knowledge and combos.

You should have 0 issues with mana...

Also DK is not awakened yet so if you are comparing to a 56 you awakened.... DK will feel weaker because awakening get 50% more ap from the main hand for awakening.  So big difference in damage.  Once DK is awakened though it is top tier in both pvp and pve.

Tamer is one of those classes that is very dependent on pre awaken skills and awakening skills and being able to chain them properly.  They are good in pve, but by no means the fastest or the best in clear speed and up time.  They really lack in nodewars and large scale pvp.  And one of their main functions just got nerfed.  Which was void cc'ing so your offense could break in and blow people up.

Edited by Lemonz

Posted

What people are telling you with just so many words is: Tamer is a pointless fluff class.

Posted

If you are fascinated by the animations and completely sold on the class concept you should just play it without second thoughts, otherwise, no. 

Posted

Mained a tamer for quite a while now, so here's my thoughts:

1v1: Fun as hell. Nothing like leaping across the arena right onto your enemy for an epic combo. 10/10.

GvG: Absolutely useless. Unless you're seriously geared, literally any other class is better. List any role and another class does it better. It just doesn't fit in anywhere. 5/10 at best.

PvE: Double aggro with heilang is pretty nice, but in the end, you still spend a while clearing your pulled mobs compared to the fastest classes. A solid 7/10 here though imo.

Other notes: There are tons of bugs as well. Grab disconnects, enemies still in block state while downed, heilang disappearing and glitching, etc. It wears on you over time. In many situations you will also feel like you need 30ap more to do the same damage as other classes. You also need a far more complicated combo to accomplish.. less. It's High risk, low reward, and your k/d in node wars will show that.

It's a fun class, but you have to know that as a tamer, you are by no means top dog. You need to compensate for its shortcomings with skill and gear, and with nothing but nerfs coming in the foreseeable future, tamer is a tough sell.

1 person likes this