• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Results of Ryzen and BDO (✿◡‿◡)

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You all said Ryzen wouldn't be useful for black desert. You all said black desert only uses four cores/threads. (✿◡‿◡)

Edited by Aethernal
1 person likes this

Posted

AMD FTW <3

Posted

Except their game is optimized. Nice try.

1 person likes this

Posted

Our is literally a copy paste from their version with  an English translation, sometimes the translation doesn't even happen. (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

If you say so... 

1 person likes this

Posted

So a 3 year old game can be run well on a brand new CPU... I fail to see how this is either good for AMD or BDO. 

In fact I just feel more salty. 

Posted

saitama_ok.jpg

Posted (edited)

All of the KR BDO videos you linked are on old bios of the motherboard, which u can clearly see looking at 5 threads sitting at 0 %. Author of these videos actually posted an update after the bios update, but the platform is still very raw.

Edited by Swiper
1 person likes this

Posted

Empty Heidel ...?

7 people like this

Posted

Go ahead use ryzen. Meanwhile all it takes to get a 7700k to run at 5ghz is to delid it (and there are tools that do this for you so you don't have to slice your pcb up).

Posted (edited)

As cool as those videos were I would like to see the perfomance in a packed town since those are the norm.

Edited by Setimuz

Posted

Empty Heidel ...?

He will be boosting too fast for anyone to load in. Happens to me if I IA in Heidel without having been there recently. If I stop everyone loads in or if I run through it once and turn around to go again, players and npcs tend to load in much quicker.

Posted

Um his FPS went down to 8 in Heidel.

Am I supposed to be impressed by their great optimization?

1 person likes this

Posted

Just the same performance I have in Heidel, with TONS of people and trade wagons but with a 6700k + GTX 1070

The game optimization doesnt exist. Is not the processors fault.

Posted

Cool! You could ride through empty heidel, good work! How about you wait  and actually let everything spawn in and then try, and whats ou with your pop ins, they arew like 1 meter away from you...

Posted

You all said Ryzen wouldn't be useful for black desert. You all said black desert only uses four cores/threads. (✿◡‿◡)

So what we see here is a ride through heidel with UI off, which means Names (the major cause for stuttering and low fps in towns) are turned off as well. And yet AMD Ryzen + 1070 gtx (how blasphemous to pair a Nvidia GTX with an AMD processor) still only reaches 45 fps at max with this. And while riding back this setup still stutters and lags.

Then the ride through the Trent forest... well 95 fps in an area where the gpu takes most of the load anyway with slight dips down to 45 fps. Not much better or worse than any other intel system.

Posted

My fps is higher with high end mode in Heidel with 4770k and 980ti. Also there is people unlike in this video.

Still interested in Ryzen, but i don't believe its the all GOD people were hyped for

He will be boosting too fast for anyone to load in. Happens to me if I IA in Heidel without having been there recently. If I stop everyone loads in or if I run through it once and turn around to go again, players and npcs tend to load in much quicker.

Nah, they will be load instantly from far far away. Try next time with an SSD

Posted (edited)

Our is literally a copy paste from their version with  an English translation, sometimes the translation doesn't even happen. (✿◡‿◡)

Nope, Taiwan is a copy paste, ours is missing many features in game (black spirit illusion skill, melting costumes for gems, valsk cry & Advice e.t.c. the list goes on & on) & KR  client installs packages onto your PC that the NA version doesn't. KR also has a Pin to enter at the log in screen we dont have.

Wish they menchion if this is with SMT enabled or diabaled & with HPET on or off.
I notice all AMD Ryzen even there videos showing it off pre release have this Blur to it that intel doesnt have (both using nvidia gpu)
Videos also show the loading issues the GTX 10** series  have with bdo that the GTX9** don't have, well as much, GTX 980 ti defintly doesnt have them.

Edited by prymortal

Posted (edited)

I don't see the need to upgrade my 4790k, at all.

p.s. suman is back at it again with the amd memes, smh.

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

Go ahead use ryzen. Meanwhile all it takes to get a 7700k to run at 5ghz is to delid it (and there are tools that do this for you so you don't have to slice your pcb up).

What exactly is the downside of using a Ryzen CPU compared to a 7700k at 5GHz?

Besides, if you're overclocking at that level you might aswel do the same with Ryzen, the 1700X is already proven to go above 5.4GHz with delidding aswel.

Oh, and you forget that the counterpart for the 7700k still is pending its release (1600X) and is higher clocked than the 1700X with more OC potential. And all that with a price much lower than the 7700k .. easy choice.

Posted

It's not.  This guys performance is god AWFUL. 

his FPs and microstuttering in this video is really bad.  My 4790k/1080 at a higher resolution on ultra outperforms this by a lot.

Posted (edited)

My fps is higher with high end mode in Heidel with 4770k and 980ti. Also there is people unlike in this video.

Still interested in Ryzen, but i don't believe its the all GOD people were hyped for

Nah, they will be load instantly from far far away. Try next time with an SSD

I have a Samsung 960 evo. They'll load in from far away if I'm just going around casually or sprinting, if I am instant accelerating on a horse through a town which I've not been sitting around or gone through in the last few minutes, they don't. You can see on his Heidel video also, that several of the npcs and people haven't loaded in either. There's nobody at the marketplace when he passes and no trade or stable master at the top. Then when he's on his way back they're there and a bunch of horses/people are starting to load in at the marketplace. Then he drops to 9fps as it tries to load in the larger group of players and horses at the lower stables. Does the exact same thing for me unless I stop for a second or two.

Edit: I don't run the improve distance option though as it makes the biggest difference to my fps, and that's possibly why? He doesn't appear to have the faraway npc detail option on in those videos, so it's possible he's got the other option off also.

Edited by Kaythulu

Posted (edited)

You managed to miss the last video where all 8 cores, 16 threads were used. Sadly the games crashes :D (beta bios or something I guess).

In his rbf and karanda videos, the game uses only 4 cores and 8 threads.

The game has weird ways of using resources, for no reason. I spend my whole Saturday tuning my system, got good perfs in BDO during the afternoon (i'm basically trying to get rid of the stuttering). Relogged Saturday night for siege, and even before the actual siege stuttering was back with my gpu load doing waves between 0 and 100% (while every other parameter is fine) and inducing micro fps drops when it wasn't the case during the afternoon outside of boat/horse riding (so I guess the game behaves differently when we are using a transport, which would be ok in my book), and it is still doing it at this moment.

So, yeah, BDO seems to be able to use more than 4 cores at times, sadly it's probably not going to help improve anything.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

bhahaha 

is this an amd rekt video? 

at best his fps halved and managed to dip all the way down to 8 fps with a noticeable stutter 

add in the fact that the cpu cant even process and render the npc and players before he rides through 

10/10 cpu, almost caught up to my 4790k