• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do I even need +15 armor?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Having played as the relatively immobile Valkyrie from the beginning of my Black Desert career, I relied heavily on my DP to mitigate incoming damage. Thus, I worked painstakingly to get my Grunil armor set up to all +15.

However, now I play Kunoichi. Naturally, I take MUCH less damage (if any) just due to the ability to 'poof here, poof there, poof-poof everywhere' and stunlock my enemies. 

It's gotten to the point where I'm curious as to whether I even need to have armor upgraded to +15, considering the exorbitant cost for what appears to be little gain. Should I sell off my Grunil, devote the cash to my weapon and just get a less-enhanced set?

Posted

No, don't use armor, period. No one does, and it was added to the game as a fail mechanic. Just look at the market place, no one sells it. And with your 1 second cool downtime, you should be able to dodge literally anything, from machine guns to a group of mobs attacking is succession. Just, try not to attack anything.

1 person likes this

Posted

A while back, just to test this, I went to do a quest at the Giants with 16DP. I had to use two HP potions.

If you are nimble, and don't just stand there like a practice dummy, I think all you need up to level 50 is +5. I'd still use Grunil for the AP, though Taritas for accuracy is an option if you have a Big Sword.

As you move into Mediah, though, you'll find the elite mobs will give you a hard time, especially those at Helms. By then you'll want that +15, and maybe something better (though, I'm still using +15 at level 56, and still no pots).

Posted (edited)

Visit Valencia without proper armor. Its not fun. You should be looking to upgrade. Not downgrad

Edited by Twin™

Posted

No, you don't need +15. You need DUO, bare minimum. TRI is the average armor enchant in this game. How are you going to pvp with +5 armor? And if you think you will just not get into pvp while grinding/over grind spots, think again.

Posted

I found myself struggling at helms. I had to constantly use HP potions by then. I only havd like +11 on everything though

Posted

Having played as the relatively immobile Valkyrie from the beginning of my Black Desert career, I relied heavily on my DP to mitigate incoming damage. Thus, I worked painstakingly to get my Grunil armor set up to all +15.

However, now I play Kunoichi. Naturally, I take MUCH less damage (if any) just due to the ability to 'poof here, poof there, poof-poof everywhere' and stunlock my enemies. 

It's gotten to the point where I'm curious as to whether I even need to have armor upgraded to +15, considering the exorbitant cost for what appears to be little gain. Should I sell off my Grunil, devote the cash to my weapon and just get a less-enhanced set?

you played a valk and didnt even know about the spam iframe mechanics? Lul.

Posted

Playing with no armor on is fun and all, until you get a CD and die in 2 hit, or until someone wants to steal your spot.

1 person likes this

Posted

Playing with no armor on is fun and all, until you get a CD and die in 2 hit, or until someone wants to steal your spot.

I had a lot of fun playing kunoichi with low DP. And as you said I eventually got to an area where I died in 2 hits and sighed cuz it was over. It was in PvE for me though. Now I got appropriate dp for the area and I've become quite lazy in how I fight.

Posted

No, don't use armor, period. No one does, and it was added to the game as a fail mechanic. Just look at the market place, no one sells it. And with your 1 second cool downtime, you should be able to dodge literally anything, from machine guns to a group of mobs attacking is succession. Just, try not to attack anything.

Just put unenchanted armor on for setboni in PvP. everything else is BS anyway. You get oneshotted with 0 or 300DP. Doesnt make a difference. 

Posted

Just put unenchanted armor on for setboni in PvP. everything else is BS anyway. You get oneshotted with 0 or 300DP. Doesnt make a difference. 

300dp = non-cc = alive

0dp = nnon cc = dead

Ranged enemies of any sort = nics all his HP