• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1080 ti 4k?

52 posts in this topic

Posted

4 K on Black Desert is going to be hard. Cities will be next to impossible. Outside of cities. Its very doable.

The game is actually very easy to run. Except in cities. I dont think most games are as filled in with npcs, structures, horses, players etc.

I run the game in 1440p, but while I do agree cities are the worst...They can be manageable. I get roughly 50-60 FPS in Heidel usually on High. I normally keep pets, workers, and names (except guildies) off though. Those things helped a lot.

Posted

u probably have a low grade mobo. Most skylake n kaby go to 5gh with ease

I don't I built it from the ground up custom.  Best of the best at the time.  980TI SLI everything on its on loops.... I know what im doing and dont skimp on parts.

Posted

I can tell you this, in heaven benchmark the 1080ti I have gets 58% higher score than a 1080. At 4k though, I can tell you it doesnt matter what cpu you have it doesn't make much of a difference at all, like 1-2fps. A 6700k 4 ghz at 1080p though will get a huge difference over a ryzen, or amd 8350, or lower clocked cpus. We can prove that in BDO if you let me know what fps you get at hidel by the bank. I have a 1700 ryzen 3.6 ghz, and a 1080ti over clocked to 110 core 300 memory. I can say on heaven my friend used my GPU, and he has a 4.0 6700, which we got to 4.5, but it made no difference. I get 140 on heave at 1080 resoultion, he got 160fps on that same test. At 4k though it made no difference. In every game I have seen at 4k the difference between the 2 cpus is 0, so i would be very interested in seeing if BDO is a exception to this rule. 

Lol even a 1080Ti isnt enough for this game I am only getting 24 fps in hidel

Be very intrested in what some one with a6700k would get vs a 1700. 

Well the game is def coded baddly lol. It is only using 80 percent of the 1080ti, and 8 percent of the cpu. I am gonna guess and say you would get like 30fps in hidel

Posted (edited)

I just upgraded to the 1080ti myself, surprisingly compared to my GTX 970 im not seeing any FPS improvement at all. In fact I seem to be hitting 60fps less frequently even. I run on full, (just like before) with an average frame around 27~40, 15~30 in Hidel. I actually got more stable FPS with my old card. Playing in 1920x1080.

Im thinking its because of my old MOBO and CPU. I'm running an older I5 3570k but that doesnt really account for the loss of stable frames.

Thoughts?

Edited by Arvalo

Posted (edited)

4 K on Black Desert is going to be hard. Cities will be next to impossible. Outside of cities. Its very doable.

The game is actually very easy to run. Except in cities. I dont think most games are as filled in with npcs, structures, horses, players etc.

I do 4k in cities with no problem. 40+ FPS

1080ti and 7700k. 

At pirates i sit between 60 and 70fps 

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

I have a regular GTX 1080 and I get 40-45 in open areas and 25-30 in towns.  So I hope/expect that a 1080Ti can get atleast 50-55 open area and 30-35 or better in towns.

Posted

Hey guys, today I kind of impulse bought a 1080 ti,   I have a 1070 atm I will sell to a friend.. given that I can run this game atm around 50 / 60 fps all maxed at 1440p   high end off. 

This card is supposedly around the same performance of a titan x, but I cannot find any good bdo benchmarks about it, so can any of the owners of titan x  and maybe 1080 owners tell me what kind of fps they get and if they can run it at very high  -> high end off with 60 fps atleast?

edit :  cpu is a  6700k at 4.59 ghz

You will notice a big difference.

At 4k with a 7700k 5 ghz / 1080 ti on liquid. open world I pull 90fps with the GPU hitting 120% power.  In towns you will still be bottle-necked by CPU at 50-60 fps.

2k Res FPS will be about 50 higher in areas where CPU doesnt choke you.

Posted

Not in 4k, but tried with triple monitor setup, it's nearly same, high end mode disabled, rest on max:

Outside town 1920x1080: 144 FPS
Outside town 6040x1080: 100 FPS
Inside town 1920x1080: 60-70 FPS
Inside town 6040x1080: 60-70 FPS

With high end mode enabled, I get 15-20 FPS less, not sure what that does, don't see a difference.

Posted

You will need to wait for the GTX 1280. This game is just really hard to run. Particularly cities. The open world is easy to run. Get around 100 FPS sometimes at 1080p. But once you go into Calpheon on a horse. Bam. It can drop as low as 25 fps. The huge amount of NPCs, players, horses etc. just make it super demanding. Thats pretty much given in video games.

Posted

Would go a long way if they let you hide others horses that are AFK in town, or if horses in towns after a certain amount of time were auto stabled like boats.

Posted

cpu is the answer.

Posted

You probably won't notice any significant differences in framerate from your 1070 to your 1080 TI.

Edit* I went from GTX 980 to GTX 1080 at 2560x1600 and my framerate did not change all that much.  My game has less massive framerate drops in large scale stuff though.

No way you're full of shit. I wasn't getting 60 fps at 4k WITHOUT my 1080. 1080 is a boss 4k card and that ti will do you wonders.

Posted

Hey guys, today I kind of impulse bought a 1080 ti,   I have a 1070 atm I will sell to a friend.. given that I can run this game atm around 50 / 60 fps all maxed at 1440p   high end off. 

This card is supposedly around the same performance of a titan x, but I cannot find any good bdo benchmarks about it, so can any of the owners of titan x  and maybe 1080 owners tell me what kind of fps they get and if they can run it at very high  -> high end off with 60 fps atleast?

you won't sustain 60fps at high settings in BDO at 4k even with a 1080Ti.

You can however do, high texture quality and medium graphics settings and just about hold 60fps which is what i do.

Posted

you won't sustain 60fps at high settings in BDO at 4k even with a 1080Ti.

You can however do, high texture quality and medium graphics settings and just about hold 60fps which is what i do.

Yes you will very easily I do with a 1080. Only place I don't is in towns.

Posted

Yes you will very easily I do with a 1080. Only place I don't is in towns.

you are not sustaining then..   dummy.

Posted

you are not sustaining then..   dummy.

Um what? No PC hardware out can run it 60 FPS in towns no matter the resolution...Well maybe 480p.

Posted

I'm running 2x 1080 non ti with an i7 6800k at 4.4 OC. @4k max i get from 40 in towns and about 90 anywhere else, sometimes more. 

But one thing I strongly recommend is for you search for some optimization of the nvidia control center for bdo in the forums. There is some post here somewhere that a lot of ppl bashed it, but for me it worked wonders. 

Anyway here is some things that did improve my fps a lot. Some you may know, some you may not think it works. Anyway hope that it helps.

Antialiasing mode: Enhance the application
Multidisplay: Single display performance
Power management: Prefer maximum performance
Shader cache: off
Tripe buffering: ON!! (I know it suppose not to do anything with Vsync off but it does help for me)
Vsync: OFF

Another thing is that they added an option in game settings about power saving mode, turn that off.

Cheers mate! 

Posted

You're really running AA on a 4k game? You new to 4k?

Posted

I can tell you this, in heaven benchmark the 1080ti I have gets 58% higher score than a 1080. At 4k though, I can tell you it doesnt matter what cpu you have it doesn't make much of a difference at all, like 1-2fps. A 6700k 4 ghz at 1080p though will get a huge difference over a ryzen, or amd 8350, or lower clocked cpus. We can prove that in BDO if you let me know what fps you get at hidel by the bank. I have a 1700 ryzen 3.6 ghz, and a 1080ti over clocked to 110 core 300 memory. I can say on heaven my friend used my GPU, and he has a 4.0 6700, which we got to 4.5, but it made no difference. I get 140 on heave at 1080 resoultion, he got 160fps on that same test. At 4k though it made no difference. In every game I have seen at 4k the difference between the 2 cpus is 0, so i would be very interested in seeing if BDO is a exception to this rule. 

Lol even a 1080Ti isnt enough for this game I am only getting 24 fps in hidel

Be very intrested in what some one with a6700k would get vs a 1700. 

Well the game is def coded baddly lol. It is only using 80 percent of the 1080ti, and 8 percent of the cpu. I am gonna guess and say you would get like 30fps in hidel

You have literally no idea what you are talking about.

7700k here 1080ti.  Hediel on the busiest channels.... 50+ fps.  30% gpu load 60% cpu
Open world 150-200fps depending on the area.... 120% GPU load 30% CPU load

World bosses generally 60-80 fps.

The 1080ti makes a massive difference.

At 4k even in heidel it will go from 30% to around 100% usage, the CPU will still be the bottle neck but the GPU will be in full use.

Posted (edited)

LOL!

I only bought a CPU to pair with my GTX980.  My game is better than your average 50-60FPS people now.  It's running at 90-100+ FPS outside towns and 30-50FPS in boss fights and in crowded towns.

Edited by Lorskie

Posted

I'm using 1080 TI and outside of cities I get massive FPS and can enjoy with max graphic's, but the bottleneck isn't the graphic card, it's the cpu, due to bad performance.

So inside cities, it utilizes the cpu, barely graphic card. Same goes for in a battlefield when there are 200 players in one spot. :(

Posted

I just upgraded to the 1080ti myself, surprisingly compared to my GTX 970 im not seeing any FPS improvement at all. In fact I seem to be hitting 60fps less frequently even. I run on full, (just like before) with an average frame around 27~40, 15~30 in Hidel. I actually got more stable FPS with my old card. Playing in 1920x1080.

Im thinking its because of my old MOBO and CPU. I'm running an older I5 3570k but that doesnt really account for the loss of stable frames.

Thoughts?

Did anybody catch my posting up above? Just looking for general confirmation as to if you think im getting bottle necked at my CPU (as i expect) or if there is something i can likely do to increase frames at this point.

Posted

Titan GPU line is not for gaming..is for working... Low tier GPU for workstation.

Posted

Did anybody catch my posting up above? Just looking for general confirmation as to if you think im getting bottle necked at my CPU (as i expect) or if there is something i can likely do to increase frames at this point.

Theres alot of fps fix threads and info out there, some on reddit as well.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/130911-fps-issue-possible-fix-for-it-nvidia-only-gpus/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0