• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 people playing on 1 PC

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just put together a new Ryzen PC and have more than enough processing power to run 2 virtual machines for my girlfriend and I to play at the same time (if i can get the GPU passthrough working correctly).

Assuming it works, and each VM has its own input devices etc., would it violate the terms of use? Would be nice to have less hardware (and heat) in the office..

Edited by AetherShift

Posted (edited)

They've come out and said as long as each instance has its own keyboard/mouse input, and they arent synced up (controlling both characters at the same time from one keyboard/mouse) that its OK. Unfortunately I dont feel like digging up the thread, but its here somewhere.

Sounds like a cool setup :)

edit: Found it.   http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/29187-is-multiboxing-allowed/

Edited by Reckoner
1 person likes this

Posted

I guess its possible. But this game has a hard enough time running on a single PC. lol

3 people like this

Posted

Ah thanks Reckoner. Much appreciated.

Yeah my old i5 2500k was a great Gaming PC, but this new build is only using between 12 and 22% of its CPU playing BDO rather nicely. Figure its a good case for splitting the CPU and let my GF have the other half ;)

Posted

You can no longer launch 2 clients from one pc without 3rd party programs.

Posted

NOT allowed to run 2 Clients on one Computer.

Posted

Uhm... google unRaid from limetech. Thank me later.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm assuming you're using two monitors then? Why not just have an separate PC for your girlfriend? (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

They've come out and said as long as each instance has its own keyboard/mouse input, and they arent synced up (controlling both characters at the same time from one keyboard/mouse) that its OK. Unfortunately I dont feel like digging up the thread, but its here somewhere.

Sounds like a cool setup :)

edit: Found it.   http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/29187-is-multiboxing-allowed/

... Unless I missed something in that thread, it says that you are NOT allowed to run multiple instances of the client on the same hardware.

The client has software in place to prevent running multiple instances of the game on a single PC, bypassing this is against the rules.  However it is not against the rules to have to separate computers (as in hardware) to run two separate accounts simultaneously.

Posted

I'm pretty sure this game can't run on a VM.

Posted

I'm pretty sure this game can't run on a VM.

And why? Very curious. 

Posted

And why? Very curious. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it just doesn't work

cf07e96375c94aedb91afa978d30559a.png

Posted

2 girls 1 cup? should be fine cant see anything going wrong with that

Posted

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it just doesn't work

cf07e96375c94aedb91afa978d30559a.png

Lol didn't expect that. 

Posted

They detect gpu from vm and block it. It can be avoided but if total newbie will try to do it he might fry his pc.

Posted

My 6700K outperforms the Ryzen 1800X.

Are you mad for some Ryzen?

1 person likes this

Posted

Would be less expensive to build one PC on an R 1700 with our existing hardware than have 2 separate PC's that run BDO decently. 8 cores are wasted (mostly) running BDO, but by assigning core affinity we could bypass the current CCX bandwidth issue AND each be running a 4c/4t system essentially.

Won't be violating any ToS though, so will just do it for other games/stuff.  I almost bought the 6700k instead.. I mean its a beast for gaming and over-clocks, but I do more than just gaming, and the 1700 is about twice as fast for everything else for nearly the same price. Was a pretty easy decision.

Anyway, thanks for the info folks!

Posted (edited)

You do know that people use computers for other things than gaming right?As of now Ryzen 1800X is the best $ to performance on the market.Even with the b0rked scheduler in win10 

Edited by Battle Hymn

Posted (edited)

... Unless I missed something in that thread, it says that you are NOT allowed to run multiple instances of the client on the same hardware.

The thread is talking specifically about using 1 keyboard and mouse to control all... Jouska even says in the thread, thats not OK..... The issue is multiple accounts being run off the same keyboard/mouse... He even hints at that not being an issue in the thread(using 1 keyboard/mouse per account). Not sure where you read in that thread that playing 2 different accounts, on 2 different keyboards/mice is NOT allowed?  

Edited by Reckoner

Posted

gratz on gl with Ryzen :D

Posted

I just put together a new Ryzen PC and have more than enough processing power to run 2 virtual machines for my girlfriend and I to play at the same time (if i can get the GPU passthrough working correctly).

Assuming it works, and each VM has its own input devices etc., would it violate the terms of use? Would be nice to have less hardware (and heat) in the office..

you won't get your passthrough working properly.  IOMMU groups in ryzen are -----ed.  Maybe unraid might be more successfull?  idk but linux is not working..

anyways, but the answer is yes... it is fine as per the TOS

it doesn't.   intel fanboy up in here.

Posted

Single threaded benchmarks of applications to show how bad a CPU with double the threads is in gaming... just wow.

BDO runs jut fine on Ryzen, even with half the cores shared to another VM. If you manage to get both BDOs running, you both will have a great time with this CPU. But its not as simple as starting one VM and you are good to go, you need todo a little bit more.

1 person likes this

Posted

Playing in a VM is easy: Just enable the vmware player tools, extract the installed graphics driver, replace every occurrence of "VMware" in it and replace the existing with this edited one. Voila, BDO doesn't detect nothing.

Posted

The thread is talking specifically about using 1 keyboard and mouse to control all... Jouska even says in the thread, thats not OK..... The issue is multiple accounts being run off the same keyboard/mouse... He even hints at that not being an issue in the thread(using 1 keyboard/mouse per account). Not sure where you read in that thread that playing 2 different accounts, on 2 different keyboards/mice is NOT allowed?  

The very first post in that thread, not posted by Jouska, has a quote of what he had previously had to say on the topic, with a link to his original post in a different thread. I quoted his post in my last response using a copy-paste--here's a link to it directly, if you feel the need to see it directly from him.

If you choose to ignore the answer to your question because you don't like it, that's not really my problem.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0