• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Helping New Tamers!!

56 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi My name is Activity I am a lvl 60 tamer and love the class. I am also a streamer https://www.twitch.tv/bedlam_activity If anyone new to the game needs help or has questions about tamers they are more then welcome to hit me up on the forums or on my stream.

I have been playing since launch and have mostly been playing tamer. I have a few alts and know a little about everything. If I do not know something I will try and help you out. 

I gear my tamer mostly for PVP so a lot of my gems and food buffs will be based on this. 

Edited by Activity
5 people like this

Posted

or you can go to veila 4 on weekends and ask tamers there about 3 or 4 good pvp ones pop up from time to time.

Posted

It is easier for me to talk to players threw my stream then typing. This way I can explain the moves I am doing and why. Since moves differ based of the class you are fight. I figured I would help the tamers out there that want to see and learn how I play. 

Posted

Hi My name is Activity I am a lvl 60 tamer and love the class. I am also a streamer https://www.twitch.tv/bedlam_activity. If anyone new to the game needs help or has questions about tamers they are more then welcome to hit me up on the forums or on my stream.

I have been playing since launch and have mostly been playing tamer. I have a few alts and know a little about everything. If I do not know something I will try and help you out. 

I gear my tamer mostly for PVP so a lot of my gems and food buffs will be based on this. 

which server are you on ?

Posted

which server are you on ?

I play on NA.

Posted

My advice to new tamers: stop.

Create a warrior, witch, witch, ranger, berserker or even a sorceress. Do not spend any more time or money on your tamer character. Save yourself the head-ache of dealing with this ridiculously weak class. Right now you may be fine with it, but once you want to engage in end-game content you'll see that the character you've worked so hard on and have invested months in is absolute garbage in comparison to other classes. You'll be asking yourself repeatedly why other players are able to clip you through your super-armor and i-frames and why the tools you have to kill people are shit compared to what everyone else has (wizard, witch, warrior, sorceress, ranger, and pretty much every other class except valkyrie can use one skill to delete people while tamer will always have to perform a combo).

In short, tamer has lackluster damage, lackluster CC, lackluster defense, and average evasion - this is true in PVE as much as it is in PVP.

Please.. I know your character is probably cute and you've already dreamed of being the best loli in the game or whatever, but don't do it unless you really hate yourself and don't want to enjoy everything the game has to offer without at least working 10x harder than everyone else.

6 people like this

Posted

Create a warrior, witch, witch, ranger, berserker or even a sorceress. Do not spend any more time or money on your tamer character. Save yourself the head-ache of dealing with this ridiculously weak class. Right now you may be fine with it, but once you want to engage in end-game content you'll see that the character you've worked so hard on and have invested months in is absolute garbage in comparison to other classes. You'll be asking yourself repeatedly why other players are able to clip you through your super-armor and i-frames and why the tools you have to kill people are shit compared to what everyone else has (wizard, witch, warrior, sorceress, ranger, and pretty much every other class except valkyrie can use one skill to delete people while tamer will always have to perform a combo).

In short, tamer has lackluster damage, lackluster CC, lackluster defense, and average evasion - this is true in PVE as much as it is in PVP.

Please.. I know your character is probably cute and you've already dreamed of being the best loli in the game or whatever, but don't do it unless you really hate yourself and don't want to enjoy everything the game has to offer without at least working 10x harder than everyone else.

Well I was not going to put that. Everyone is able to play the class they like and if u do not like that class you should not come to the tamer forums to bash the class. Yes there might be better classes out there at different things but tamers are fun to play and can handle there own if played right.

Posted

Seriously I just do not fking understand why the devs make a obvious weak class in the game and claim classes are balance atm.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Tamer get no passive buff, no CC, paper armor, no AoE, no infinite dash for awaken.

A class that is not better than other class in 1v1 and total fking garbage in gvg, and they called it balanced.

I really REALLY want an explanation from the devs to explain in what perspective tamer is equally competitive than any other classes?

Please I just need an answer from Pearl Abyss or Kakao. 

Well I was not going to put that. Everyone is able to play the class they like and if u do not like that class you should not come to the tamer forums to bash the class. Yes there might be better classes out there at different things but tamers are fun to play and can handle there own if played right.

is there anything I can do in node war or siege war? I feel i am useless in those situations :(

Posted

^ignore...ignore... IGNORE...

Tamers right now are fine as they are and i do mean RIGHT NOW IN NA CURRENT VERSION...there are some MINOR tweaks that need to be done and no its NOT DAMAGE AT ALL. I am neither on the TAMERS SUCKS OMG IT -----ING SUCKS side or on the GET GUD side either. For the past months i have been leveled different chars that from one witch to my second tamer with lower stats to my kuno and last my valk to test all these THIS CHAR SUCKs and i must say every class needs some TWEAKS done to their moves NOT DAMAGE WISE but cooldowns, attack speeds, movment speeds, some needing more SA and some needing less. I have not played ALL OF THE CLASSES but what i did was made chars of the classes i play against the least. ^This person right here is full of BS. Wanting everything that every other class has all on one char. and this Shit right here is pissing me off. Tamer right now is buy far the most versatile class in the game. NO it cant go against more than 2 people at a time with ease like BUT it has the tools to take on every AND I DO MEAN EVERY CLASS in the game with no REAL COUNTER CLASS TO IT AT ALL. it may have average evasion but its a skill that allows movement and 2/3 evasion success every jump if your not trying to time it and are just spamming it. It has imo 2nd best CC skill set in the game...but due to 3v3 and 2v2 in KR that will change to 3rd or 4th with the void nerf. It is 3rd or 4th best SA/Front guard spam WHILE ATTACKING in one long combo in in the game when in range that at lv 60 is one of the rare class that can spam in in 6 delays untill you can spam it again. Theres alot other SHIT that this class can do when combining it with its pre-awaking to create cool as combos that no one still has not thought of because they are to -----Y about bugs that EVERY -----ING CLASS in some of their skills. I may not be the best tamer in the game but from the way i have seen every tamer in node war play staying with the group you know...THE THing ZERERS AND WITCH/WIZ LOOK FOR TO BLOW TO HELL instead of playing the sneak up on the witch/wiz/zerker before they can reach the their destination....assassin class...and the fastest killing out of the assassin class my i remind you...YES THIS CLASS IS A CHALLENGE but not over the top challenge...my god people yes their are classes that are easy to play and do big damage...LIKE EVERY -----ING MMO/MOBA has. But they have big weakness that are easy to use against them.

Seriously I just do not fking understand why the devs make a obvious weak class in the game and claim classes are balance atm.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Tamer get no passive buff, no CC, paper armor, no AoE, no infinite dash for awaken.

A class that is not better than other class in 1v1 and total fking garbage in gvg, and they called it balanced.

I really REALLY want an explanation from the devs to explain in what perspective tamer is equally competitive than any other classes?

Please I just need an answer from Pearl Abyss or Kakao. 

is there anything I can do in node war or siege war? I feel i am useless in those situations :(

May i correct you that tamer has more cc than alot of classes. I right now im in angry mode so i rather not explain other stuff in this message thats not entirely true.

BUT in node wars you are assassin class... what i do in node wars is kill wiz/witch/zerks and some warriors that are buy themselfs trying to join up with their group. You are the ZERG relief class. kill the big aoe hitters before they can reach support or you guildmates and keep the kills going increasing the death counter. You can roam with either a musa ninja, or a good ranger. and go out and 2v(1-3) groups of enemies cutting down Zergs that are trying to join back to zerging your base or kill those leaving the enemy base or Mobile respawn. You mostly will not have support and are on your own you have to be able to handle yourself. And i do say this is not a class that travels in a large group and mostly is a class for people who like play solo with little to no help to show off their skills.

1 person likes this

Posted

May i correct you that tamer has more cc than alot of classes. I right now im in angry mode so i rather not explain other stuff in this message thats not entirely true.

BUT in node wars you are assassin class... what i do in node wars is kill wiz/witch/zerks and some warriors that are buy themselfs trying to join up with their group. You are the ZERG relief class. kill the big aoe hitters before they can reach support or you guildmates and keep the kills going increasing the death counter. You can roam with either a musa ninja, or a good ranger. and go out and 2v(1-3) groups of enemies cutting down Zergs that are trying to join back to zerging your base or kill those leaving the enemy base or Mobile respawn. You mostly will not have support and are on your own you have to be able to handle yourself. And i do say this is not a class that travels in a large group and mostly is a class for people who like play solo with little to no help to show off their skills.

I dunno but I could not find a wizard in node war walking around by himself, every guild I fought are sending a group or warrior & berserker to protect their wizard and usually there is a group of at least 20 players. I simply dunno how can I stop them. I do not have any long range or big area or instant cast CC, which mean I have to jump into enemy in order to CC. And most of the time I will just die in the midway. I love the looking of my sweet tamer, but it is the only reason that stop me from switching main. Whenever I join into node/siege war I feel I have no influence at all in during the war :( Can you help me out?

Posted

I dunno but I could not find a wizard in node war walking around by himself, every guild I fought are sending a group or warrior & berserker to protect their wizard and usually there is a group of at least 20 players. I simply dunno how can I stop them. I do not have any long range or big area or instant cast CC, which mean I have to jump into enemy in order to CC. And most of the time I will just die in the midway. I love the looking of my sweet tamer, but it is the only reason that stop me from switching main. Whenever I join into node/siege war I feel I have no influence at all in during the war :( Can you help me out?

Your influence is not huge but it does count. One less wiz\witch\zerk means 2-5 more of your guild mate gets to live. No one will know you kill count will not be super high,depending on what high is for you guild, but it does mater. You will be not focusing on those who already in a group ( unless you wand to be a ----- and lay a void right in the middle) but see where the are coming from to group up and kill those on thier way. You will need 200ap+ for this job and highly skilled like all shortsword classes at geting in and out after the kill. Being able to switch to s shortsword on the fly at will is very valuable in escaping after the kill. If you want examples i can message you a video on how my node war goes in my guild. May i remind you that this is for not zerging guilds. If you are a zerging guild there kinda is no strat to playing any class roles during a zerg.....

Posted

Cloud Ride needs to have its max target bumped up.

Nodewar needs an "assist" column showing that you did at least 35% of the damage that led to death plus a "support" column showing you had an active CC on the victim when he died.

Posted

What offhand should be used with RCE's, Bheg's, and Kzarka? Excluding kutum and nouver as I cannot get either one of those if my life depended on it for some reason. Needle?

Posted

Someones mad they made an ultra loli and it failed.

3 people like this

Posted

My dark knight can help tamers in commiting seppuku by choping their head off.

Posted (edited)

Strictly speaking classes only matters in seiges and possibly a T3 once in a blue moon.

For all other node wars gear + attendance.

99 tamers will beat 70 mix class gear for gear level for level, don't kid yourself.

Teaching people node wars or GvG first and for most, if they talk about XYZ class is an instant fail.

Forum warriors are full of BS, that's PvP 101. You can bet your 2 villas their not pvpers.

Seiges lessons are on a different scale entirely.

Down to that there is also a radical difference between causal PvP and serious "I want to win" PvP.

Causally speaking tamers just need to a ton of muscle memory due to how many cancels they can do(like everything cancels) it's rough but tamers basically need to learn shift space on demand since LBP is almighty and only with keyboard input can it cancel. It's punishing to screw that up.

Serious PvP is not really class specific so much as you generally always hold back skills for escape perfect one grab combo one burst combo and one back attack combo( generally you will see leaves intimidation echo ) though I like to spam double to triple echo due to its damage power even in cd, 100 acc  and super armor.

and be armed to the teeth with buffs..(this is where the magic happens)

Off the top of my head

3-4 food buffs orange grade will let you hit 4 with exception of hamburger which is sadly blue

Event buffs like tea which maxes out your mov/attk speed

Villa AP and HP and resistance 2hr

Furniture AP buff

Parry elixirs offensive defensive and maybe life if your mov speed isn't max and one personal. Most people use down critical AP human HP DP mov

Perfume  of courage.

And whale or event for 500hp oh shit pot.

After that just make sure you always have super armor engaging and ready an escape else.

As you can see army of one buff mode is serious business, and if you have skill and gear to not instantly die it up, only the certain class skills can instan kill you if you're careful.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

It is easier for me to talk to players threw my stream then typing. This way I can explain the moves I am doing and why. Since moves differ based of the class you are fight. I figured I would help the tamers out there that want to see and learn how I play. 

Then ill keep this short and you can answer with a 1 or 2 word answer :D

Would you say that tamer generally wants to stay at liverto rather than kzarka? Ive heard the Crit is more important.

Posted

I'm still relatively new to the game. Only been playing about 2 months. Got Tamer, Sorc, and DK to 56. Witch to 53 and ranger to 52. I know people say play what you like but it's posts like these that worry me. Because honestly I have the most fun with Tamer's combat. Everything else just feels kind of clunky or slow in comparison. I know I can't really compare witch or ranger since they aren't 56 yet and DK doesn't have their awakening. But watching videos and streams the only interesting one between the 3 is DK for me.

Things like this are a bit disappointing to read though. :( It also doesn't help that when I come across a good tamer that was recommended they're rerolling lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

Then ill keep this short and you can answer with a 1 or 2 word answer :D

Would you say that tamer generally wants to stay at liverto rather than kzarka? Ive heard the Crit is more important.

Zarka it has more acc and you can get crit in gloves.

Posted

What offhand should be used with RCE's, Bheg's, and Kzarka? Excluding kutum and nouver as I cannot get either one of those if my life depended on it for some reason. Needle?

Anyone?

Posted

I'm still relatively new to the game. Only been playing about 2 months. Got Tamer, Sorc, and DK to 56. Witch to 53 and ranger to 52. I know people say play what you like but it's posts like these that worry me. Because honestly I have the most fun with Tamer's combat. Everything else just feels kind of clunky or slow in comparison. I know I can't really compare witch or ranger since they aren't 56 yet and DK doesn't have their awakening. But watching videos and streams the only interesting one between the 3 is DK for me.

Things like this are a bit disappointing to read though. :( It also doesn't help that when I come across a good tamer that was recommended they're rerolling lol.

Just a thought. Many classes combat is based on cancels. Ranger for example, thrives on Q-Canceling into other skills with bow, making the combat much smoother. If youre already aware of all this, then ignore me, but something you can do is look up quick instructional combo videos for each of these characters. Also keep in mind that many classes change completely once you get their awakening.

Another thing. If it helps, the good tamers that are rerolling are at a level in the game that most of us aren't. They could be re-rolling due to perceived balance issues, which is fair, but also the fact that many top level guilds simply don't want tamers in their guilds. 95% of node war guilds would be glad to have a powerful tamer, as they aren't worrying about what classes are filling their ranks, rather simply trying to get more than 30 people to come to a node war.

Posted

Just a thought. Many classes combat is based on cancels. Ranger for example, thrives on Q-Canceling into other skills with bow, making the combat much smoother. If youre already aware of all this, then ignore me, but something you can do is look up quick instructional combo videos for each of these characters. Also keep in mind that many classes change completely once you get their awakening.

Another thing. If it helps, the good tamers that are rerolling are at a level in the game that most of us aren't. They could be re-rolling due to perceived balance issues, which is fair, but also the fact that many top level guilds simply don't want tamers in their guilds. 95% of node war guilds would be glad to have a powerful tamer, as they aren't worrying about what classes are filling their ranks, rather simply trying to get more than 30 people to come to a node war.

Yes I know all of this lol. It's just discouraging when you do happen to find a class you enjoy and everyone that's been playing it is just talking about how terrible they are except in niche situations. Like I don't expect to be god tier at everything I do but I also don't want to sink in a bunch of time and money into something that's in the long run, just not worth it because later they just under perform in comparison.

Posted (edited)

Yes I know all of this lol. It's just discouraging when you do happen to find a class you enjoy and everyone that's been playing it is just talking about how terrible they are except in niche situations. Like I don't expect to be god tier at everything I do but I also don't want to sink in a bunch of time and money into something that's in the long run, just not worth it because later they just under perform in comparison.

Then does it really matter what other people think? If I've learned anything in this game it's that one person's experience with any class can be vastly different than another person's.

Edited by Wykked
2 people like this

Posted

Bruh, pve Tamer is fun as hell to play with. Very smooth with her flows.

pvp, she's "Meh." at best. She is squishy af and extremely gear dependent. You're going to have to be good at key combinations (You're going to be playing piano)

And you WILL get your shit pushed in if you fk up once. Super Armor trash, cc's meh (Only cuz void at best), Special ult is trash, and her grab is vulnerable and flawed with no super armor + Dsync.

....Just use her as a life skill, she requires LOTS and LOTS of dedication. Its possible to be Good with her..But you're going to have to give 135% while others give 100% on other classes and still get as far as you. Oh and you have to be fine with the fact that for some retarded reason she recieves extra damage against witches and wizards..

...Balanced? hold my nuts ye right. lol

Posted (edited)

Lener you're not nearly as good as you think you are, maybe back when we were pre-awakened you were decent but you're not as good as you think you are anymore, Most of the top NA tamers have already rerolled to dark knight, or only play the class because it's way to painful to reroll, Don't be full of yourself m8. I believe RomanX  and myself have already rerolled dark knight. The only other extremely strong tamers that still play tamer are lunarleTV, balance and fusako unless they also recently rerolled. You're not as strong as you think and it's undeniable that tamer is in a hurting position right now. You're not in a position to comment on tamers strength considering you're in deadserious and literally never do sieges unless you are 8 v 1ing man-up. Tamer wouldn't be as bad if the just fixed the hundreds of -----ing bugs that come along with it. It's not a playstyle issue with tamer or a damage issue. It's the significant amount of bugs and lack of utility we have that makes our class useless in large scale GVG and the issue only gets worse. I've tried NOT to be an asshole about calling you out but you're ridiculously disconnected from the larger pvp scene. Atleast kunoichi or valk if you play it right you can engage in psuedo god mode. (as evidenced when paiz gets 250 kills in a single node war with like 5 deaths.) 

Edited by Konoe
2 people like this