• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Helping New Tamers!!

56 posts in this topic

Posted

Lener you're not nearly as good as you think you are, maybe back when we were pre-awakened you were decent but you're not as good as you think you are anymore, Most of the top NA tamers have already rerolled to dark knight, or only play the class because it's way to painful to reroll, Don't be full of yourself m8. I believe RomanX  and myself have already rerolled dark knight. The only other extremely strong tamers that still play tamer are lunarleTV, balance and fusako unless they also recently rerolled. You're not as strong as you think and it's undeniable that tamer is in a hurting position right now. You're not in a position to comment on tamers strength considering you're in deadserious and literally never do sieges unless you are 8 v 1ing man-up. Tamer wouldn't be as bad if the just fixed the hundreds of -----ing bugs that come along with it. It's not a playstyle issue with tamer or a damage issue. It's the significant amount of bugs and lack of utility we have that makes our class useless in large scale GVG and the issue only gets worse. I've tried NOT to be an asshole about calling you out but you're ridiculously disconnected from the larger pvp scene. Atleast kunoichi or valk if you play it right you can engage in psuedo god mode. (as evidenced when paiz gets 250 kills in a single node war with like 5 deaths.) 

Plz get your facts right as our guild particapates in siege every other week when asked to help or to take the load off another guilds from being zeirge for an hour as we are always the first to be targeted by 2+ guilds at the beginning. 

I never said i was the best tamer in the world nor do you know how strong of a tamer i am. I usualy get 60+ kills which may not be alot during node wars but its what im targeting like zerk/witch/wiz the entire time during the wars that mater.

Any shortsword class and including classes like ranger, sorc have trouble when numbers are overwelming as they dont have the time or sa to deal with attacking groups of highly geared groups without using their 100% or E buff. Ranger is just as squshy as us and dont have as many inframes as us meaning if they get more than 2 people on them they will not escape and they have a shitty ult.

I dont come to forums to only explain the bad experiances i have as a tamer but what the good i can do. I dont think tamers are shit class nor to i shit on people who try to say something possitive about it every time someone tries to in a forum. I try to only state constructive aurguments that show the places where tamers shine at which right now in KR with the 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments they are having tamers are shining at and as of right now are way more popular than the node/siege wars.

Posted

Lener you're not nearly as good as you think you are, maybe back when we were pre-awakened you were decent but you're not as good as you think you are anymore, Most of the top NA tamers have already rerolled to dark knight, or only play the class because it's way to painful to reroll, Don't be full of yourself m8. I believe RomanX  and myself have already rerolled dark knight. The only other extremely strong tamers that still play tamer are lunarleTV, balance and fusako unless they also recently rerolled. You're not as strong as you think and it's undeniable that tamer is in a hurting position right now. You're not in a position to comment on tamers strength considering you're in deadserious and literally never do sieges unless you are 8 v 1ing man-up. Tamer wouldn't be as bad if the just fixed the hundreds of -----ing bugs that come along with it. It's not a playstyle issue with tamer or a damage issue. It's the significant amount of bugs and lack of utility we have that makes our class useless in large scale GVG and the issue only gets worse. I've tried NOT to be an asshole about calling you out but you're ridiculously disconnected from the larger pvp scene. Atleast kunoichi or valk if you play it right you can engage in psuedo god mode. (as evidenced when paiz gets 250 kills in a single node war with like 5 deaths.) 

I thought Lunarle just sold his TET dande and everything a few days ago?

Posted

I believe RomanX  and myself have already rerolled dark knight.

Hey i havent rerolled, only playing dk as an alt, and its most likely gonna stay the case for a long time.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Why does every Tamer thread turn into a shit fest?

Edited by Wykked

Posted

Why does every Tamer thread turn into a shit fest?

Cuz it is full of spoiled kids

1 person likes this

Posted

Anyone?

I use Kutum with my RCE's.

Posted

I use Kutum with my RCE's.

What about if you don't have Kutum? What's the next best one to use for a filler? I have a Duo needle atm.

Posted

What about if you don't have Kutum? What's the next best one to use for a filler? I have a Duo needle atm.

If you are running Bhegs needle is fine until you get kutum or nouver.

Posted

Play something else. 

You work a million times harder on tamer to be good in PvP and almost every class in the game can be on your skill level and outdo you in large scale PvP. 

If I got to go back in time I would tell myself to stay off this class and play a witch, wizard, warrior, zerker, valk, sorc, ranger. 

I remember when I first started playing when the game came out in NA and my friends all told me tamer is a bad choice, the class is weak in sieges. I ignored them. 

Now I play a class that siege guilds don't even recruit. 

other classes do what tamer does with far less effort, far less gear, far less skills. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Play something else. 

If I got to go back in time I would tell myself to stay off this class and play a witch, wizard, warrior, zerker, valk, sorc, ranger. 

If I go back in time , I will play Tamer again. GG

Edited by rximmortal
1 person likes this

Posted

If you have that idea in your mind, then u dont like enough tamer. Just play what u like, don't care about if its better or not. Every class have good and bad things, every class have bugs, but tamer isn't unplayable.

Posted (edited)

I have a rce around but hardly need it, just 2xwitch it. Since I'm almost always in staff mode, the large acc of staff skills makes it pretty rare.

I like nouver but kutum is just that much better...

Siege is pretty special with its choke points but there has been 2 Seiges in my memory where it wasn't a political win( aka more guilds more manpower better placement) that wins.

And gravity that started the whole short sword drama...Went up in flames and ironicly had even less attendance after the purge then before.

That's what's funny about it. Gravity try to do some fancy roastering and ended up even weaker then they were before. Where was all the shortsword users when you're down 10 more attendance then before. LOLI poetic justice there.

For new tamers know that after the blame game is done. It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Situations don't magically change with classes. Just learn to be good at your class and devote into it. I can easily get the top 20% of k/d of wars but I'm on the higher end of gears and levels.

It's pretty darn simple in hindsight even if it looks like it's not a scorc ball or a wizard AOE. Half our wizards get blown up by a Musa or backliner because dumb people forgot to protect the rear. Ya sometimes it's just that simple. Not the class but stupid mistakes.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

I have a rce around but hardly need it, just 2xwitch it. Since I'm almost always in staff mode, the large acc of staff skills makes it pretty rare.

I hit a lot harder with 2x tri RCE than 2x tri witches in PvP and pila ku.

Posted

Hi My name is Activity I am a lvl 60 tamer and love the class. I am also a streamer https://www.twitch.tv/bedlam_activity. If anyone new to the game needs help or has questions about tamers they are more then welcome to hit me up on the forums or on my stream.

I have been playing since launch and have mostly been playing tamer. I have a few alts and know a little about everything. If I do not know something I will try and help you out. 

I gear my tamer mostly for PVP so a lot of my gems and food buffs will be based on this. 

Take the . out of your URL, if you don't catch that in the URL, no one can connect to your Twitch stream.

Posted

I hit a lot harder with 2x tri RCE than 2x tri witches in PvP and pila ku.

you should not. The state of the CC opponents matters a lot to evasion. This is why grab and bound is so deadly, and why rangers with low acc(1% avg acc modifiers can hit so hard)

A person in a KD is state should have zero evasion for instance.

And all tamers skills have 12-25% acc modifiers way above normal. More then enough in my opinion to hit 90% with boss gear vs boss gear. Maybe if you only spam skill is moonlight that has no acc modifier those rce might pull ahead.

Only exception is the ninja/kuno class that can go full evasion mode with smoke evasion buff constantly running (even then I have no issues hitting them with 2 witches)

PvE heavily depends on your level. There seems to be a hard miss rate in level vs level. Acc gear changes that very little. you can easy see this leveling Alts that still miss in tet gear to purple lvl 30 enemies.

If you are using a liverto it may matter a tiny bit, but the damage from a CC state opponent benefits full AP immensely.

There has not been an opponent that has enough evasion to really say I would want an rce. Which is somewhat reasonable since that's how the class got balances, lots of acc, lots of multi hit CC, and starting from level 59 extremely hard hitting down attacks.

Posted

you should not. The state of the CC opponents matters a lot to evasion. This is why grab and bound is so deadly, and why rangers with low acc(1% avg acc modifiers can hit so hard)

A person in a KD is state should have zero evasion for instance.

And all tamers skills have 12-25% acc modifiers way above normal. More then enough in my opinion to hit 90% with boss gear vs boss gear. Maybe if you only spam skill is moonlight that has no acc modifier those rce might pull ahead.

Only exception is the ninja/kuno class that can go full evasion mode with smoke evasion buff constantly running (even then I have no issues hitting them with 2 witches)

PvE heavily depends on your level. There seems to be a hard miss rate in level vs level. Acc gear changes that very little. you can easy see this leveling Alts that still miss in tet gear to purple lvl 30 enemies.

If you are using a liverto it may matter a tiny bit, but the damage from a CC state opponent benefits full AP immensely.

There has not been an opponent that has enough evasion to really say I would want an rce. Which is somewhat reasonable since that's how the class got balances, lots of acc, lots of multi hit CC, and starting from level 59 extremely hard hitting down attacks.

Talking bout killing in moonlight > grab with 2x tri RCE as opposed to moonlight > vermillion > grab with witches.
My hit rate drastically increases when I use RCE as opposed to witches while opponents are in KD/bound.
Don't forget that accuracy also means better chances of CCing the opponent, if he evades 4/7 hits of vermillion and resists the other 3 (which I know, is unlikely if u run 2x precision + kutum), he won't get cc'd.

I wonder if accuracy works against special attack evasion.
Also, I'm on EU where people push a lot more evasion than on NA from what I've seen, so naturally you'd do better here with RCE than with witches.

Also, for Pve yeah not 60 yet, haven't leveled since awakening, been slacking a lot, but even then you'll do better in pila ku/ aakhman with RCE than witches due to the evasion those mobs have.

Posted (edited)

Talking bout killing in moonlight > grab with 2x tri RCE as opposed to moonlight > vermillion > grab with witches.My hit rate drastically increases when I use RCE as opposed to witches while opponents are in KD/bound.
Don't forget that accuracy also means better chances of CCing the opponent, if he evades 4/7 hits of vermillion and resists the other 3 (which I know, is unlikely if u run 2x precision + kutum), he won't get cc'd.

I wonder if accuracy works against special attack evasion.
Also, I'm on EU where people push a lot more evasion than on NA from what I've seen, so naturally you'd do better here with RCE than with witches.

Also, for Pve yeah not 60 yet, haven't leveled since awakening, been slacking a lot, but even then you'll do better in pila ku/ aakhman with RCE than witches due to the evasion those mobs have.

moonlight is the only skill with no evasion modifier, most tamers put acc up add-on to it, but it's not really a skill you should open combos with too often after 59 since you can use it as a down attack much more effectively.

Moonlight full moon on a bound opponent hits like a truck.

And in pila ku I don't find rce very useful either. Only move that hurts a bit is bolt jolt accuracy and it's not worth grinding if you need accuracy to compensate. Though livertos have it tougher I heard. Never had problems with zaka in pila ku even at 59.

Again KD opponents have zero evasion and obviously unless it's trash monsters, your wasting massive down attack bonus.

I have faught evasion build people. It doesn't matter enough due to CC state, but I do have a tet zaka and at level 60 have higher acc modifiers on my skills.

Still, you would have to have a spectacular miss rate to not land a CC on a multi hit skills. It's either desync, resist, or super armor that kills CC.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

moonlight is the only skill with no evasion modifier, most tamers put acc up add-on to it, but it's not really a skill you should open combos with too often after 59 since you can use it as a down attack much more effectively.

Moonlight full moon on a bound opponent hits like a truck.

And in pila ku I don't find rce very useful either. Only move that hurts a bit is bolt jolt accuracy and it's not worth grinding if you need accuracy to compensate. Though livertos have it tougher I heard. Never had problems with zaka in pila ku even at 59.

Again KD opponents have zero evasion and obviously unless it's trash monsters, your wasting massive down attack bonus.

I have faught evasion build people. It doesn't matter enough due to CC state, but I do have a tet zaka and at level 60 have higher acc modifiers on my skills.

Still, you would have to have a spectacular miss rate to not land a CC on a multi hit skills. It's either desync, resist, or super armor that kills CC.

Moonlight is off of cd anyway after grab if you do an actual full combo?
Sure, it won't be if you do moonlight > vemilion > grab without using fillers, but that's just dumb.

And when I fight evasion people, for example ninjas/kunos with tet tadd, tri sicil and centaur, full tet boss, I, again, do a LOT more damage on them
with RCE than without when they're KD.

61 ninja in my guild (granted, ninjas have slightly lower hit % on skills) needs 2x tri RCE and kutum for pila ku, he does less damage with witches (he's 520 combined).
Also, I don't have liverto, idk why you keep going on bout liverto.

Posted (edited)

Moonlight is off of cd anyway after grab if you do an actual full combo?Sure, it won't be if you do moonlight > vemilion > grab without using fillers, but that's just dumb.

And when I fight evasion people, for example ninjas/kunos with tet tadd, tri sicil and centaur, full tet boss, I, again, do a LOT more damage on them
with RCE than without when they're KD.

61 ninja in my guild (granted, ninjas have slightly lower hit % on skills) needs 2x tri RCE and kutum for pila ku, he does less damage with witches (he's 520 combined).
Also, I don't have liverto, idk why you keep going on bout liverto.

You are talking about an extreme case of a full tet, full evasion set ninja with cloud buff on...that's rare of rare. And in any case, all that evasion matters not the moment they are flat on the ground, and in fact makes them less dangerous then their gear is carrying. A full tet AP anyone else would insta gib you with a back attack for instance.

Most if any will ever face that head on, and it actually makes it all the more easier to fight them, since you will be going for a grab and bust tactic. (All that evasion bypassed on the grab combo, they have no resistance for)

And I mention liverto, because this is the thread for it., where I consider the only time you have to fill some of that with acc gear like RCE.

If anyone with such high gear need help...they reallly need help. And in those cases 230>. You don't need RCE as it's definitely holding you back. Any class with 230AP, would instat kill at a back attack  with any lack of RCE, much less tamer.

In terms of the class spread, tamers are not the ones that need accuracy at all. It's one of those cases were you're out geared out leveled and out skilled, before accuracy comes into play.

Certain classes have bad acc modifiers, tamers is not one of them, that's why it's recommended to not use RCE, or one at most for those very odd situations.

It would take furniture+food+evasion gear + class buffs for me to feel the evasion bump, and no one runs that since AP is the more important buff set.

And at those AP and levels, there is no "full combos" as such is life in the end game lane. We don't do full combos or perfect combos, it's too risky, or needed. It's usually an instant death.

Except valks, it's KD->death. Grab -> Death, back attack -> probably dead soon.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Take the . out of your URL, if you don't catch that in the URL, no one can connect to your Twitch stream.

ty

Posted

Thanks to everyone that is coming out and supporting me on my stream!

And I mention liverto, because this is the thread for it., where I consider the only time you have to fill some of that with acc gear like RCE.

If anyone with such high gear need help...they reallly need help. And in those cases 230>. You don't need RCE as it's definitely holding you back. Any class with 230AP, would instat kill at a back attack  with any lack of RCE, much less tamer.

In terms of the class spread, tamers are not the ones that need accuracy at all. It's one of those cases were you're out geared out leveled and out skilled, before accuracy comes into play.

Certain classes have bad acc modifiers, tamers is not one of them, that's why it's recommended to not use RCE, or one at most for those very odd situations.

You say we have good modifiers we do not have a skill that has more then a 15% acc modifier. Before they fixed BJ it use to have a - modifier. I personally see a huge difference in my tamer in PVP while running 2 RCE over not running any. I have 220 ap with nouver but I still kill faster in PVP with my kutum that drops me to 206. So saying ACC does not help a tamer I do not feel this is right. Everyone has there own opinions and can and should play the game how they feel. I personally feel that ACC helps me a ton since most Witchs and Wizards are starting to go Evasion builds.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't play for PVP, I play for PVE and the tamer is pretty fun at the moment! I'm just wondering if I'm doing the right skills for her, I want a full on DPS (Yes I am new to this, so sorry if I worded this wrong) <3

Posted

I don't play for PVP, I play for PVE and the tamer is pretty fun at the moment! I'm just wondering if I'm doing the right skills for her, I want a full on DPS (Yes I am new to this, so sorry if I worded this wrong) <3

Well if you want to go full PVE on the tamer I would go and get a nouver. I would also still run at least 1 Acc Item. May this bee a RCE or a Tree belt that is up to you but later on when you get to Jail or other High end mobs you will be needing the Acc. Hit me up on my stream or on there forums her I will be willing to go over help with gear and upgrades that you should go for now. 

Posted

Well if you want to go full PVE on the tamer I would go and get a nouver. I would also still run at least 1 Acc Item. May this bee a RCE or a Tree belt that is up to you but later on when you get to Jail or other High end mobs you will be needing the Acc. Hit me up on my stream or on there forums her I will be willing to go over help with gear and upgrades that you should go for now. 

Thank you so much! I'll definitely come have a lookie next time you're doing your thing :)!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you so much! I'll definitely come have a lookie next time you're doing your thing :)!

Thanks so much hope to see you soon!