• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Less than 4.9% can enjoy Kamasylvia! (This game caters to Hardcore players, something needs to be done to closen the gap between new and veteran players)

142 posts in this topic

Posted

And who the heck told you that new player were supposed to catch up fast to hold players anyway or have access to end game that fast????

World of warcraft sindrome ... you dont play for months ... new expansion hits and you are ready to go to new dungeons infew days.

Thats who and thats what the problems is.

Its disgusting where we are atm as a gaming community.

1 person likes this

Posted

All you "hardcore" players, have fun playing a game with a total population of 5000 players, 1 year from now.

BDO can be an amazing game, but is has some really, really stupid game design issues right now.

Posted

they nerfed the game already pretty much for us, didn´t they? and adjusted hp etc of mobs over time. i think we´ll get a nerfed version of kamasilve.

Posted

what about progression?

balenos --> serenbdia--> calp --> mediah ----> valencia ---> kamasulvia?

you want to go to kamasylvia? earn it

Posted (edited)

Everything just seems like it caters to the hardcore player. Lets face it, the more damage you do the better loot you get from World Boss even though people say it doesn't matter.

WRONG, #1 dps aggro whole fight x2 nouver & kzarka hunter seals & 200k silver from all 3 (also a viper gem i think it was from kzarka.)

Kamasylvia (p1) is like lvl 65 or something they were saying, but designed as party content as seen in many videos! your gear should all be TRI & from experiance you can solo out there with TRI gear, not easy tho 2-3 hits dead, or if you farm the northern part CC chain dead so thats defintly Party content! Drop rates crap there for items you want/need Same drop rate as Aakman & the perm. compass piece. ~ at least thats how it feels.

you also get quest for mobs that are not in the current release P1 of it. so i wouldnt worry, its more a novelty level up area than a YOU NEED TO GRIND HERE.

oh btw Exp is good at lvl 59 with a carry but its much the same as anywhere else at 60 due to how hard it is to farm.

DK, War, Wit, Wiz can solo it easy enough, Suprise Suprise never would of guessed that.....

Edited by prymortal

Posted

Off the top of my head you could, I dunno... Try playing the game to close the gap? 

Posted

even after this 58 zone lv 58+ folk will still be hitting sausans and pirates due to new zones give trash silver.

Posted

Everything just seems like it caters to the hardcore player. Lets face it, the more damage you do the better loot you get from World Boss even though people say it doesn't matter. How come I see the same people that are so geared get good loot over and over again? Not only do they get better loot @World Boss, they also grind faster and can make 10x more money than new players.

Oh I'm not stopping there. Because they are more geared, they can join stronger guilds with max combat buffs so more accuracy / more ap. Better guilds can take on tier 3 nodes and castles which will provide them millions and millions of extra silvers per week.

Okay that is absolutely fine, they work for their gear and they deserve to earn better rewards but this type of game mechanics makes it hard for new players to ever catch up because they earn way less per hour of their grind and RNG isn't in their favor at World boss. So they can grind for 5-10 hours would earn them equivalent to what Bigandshiny earns within just an hour. So more money for the hardcore means its going to be harder for new players to preorder rare items or even buying items in general. This is why you do not see any +15 Grunils and above anymore because they are so cheap to the hardcore players that they just use it for their alts or failstacking.

So the dev need to do something about this otherwise the gab will get higher and higher to a point where you just can never get remotely close to them. Its not fun getting one shot and it takes ages to catch up to these guys (only if you have good RNG) if you have average RNG, forget it. Go life skill.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Junyoung http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/profile/149659-junyoung/

I honestly do not think that the dev know what they are doing to help new players. Lets take a look here

Due to the fact that we received two years worth of content from the Korean client in just one year. Black Desert is a game of heavy RNG and time consumption. The extra year that those on the KR client have players a role in the gap between our character's development and their character development. I believe the publishing team on Twitter said we are receiving Kamasylvia at the end of March or the end of next month. The issue with this is that less than 4.9% of the NA player base can play that content currently. This is statistically proven. Link to Official BDO Census: HERE

jvBLnDm.jpg

Kamasylvia  is a level 59+ area, reaching up to level 65 mobs. Less than 90,053 of the 1,838,575 (or 4.9% of) North American players can enjoy that content due to the gear and level gap. The publishers are pushing content out for us fast, and that is really amazing. The issue is that we don't have the proper gear, levels, or events to enjoy that content. In fact, only 4.9% of the NA population can enjoy the current content that is already in game, and there is still a large gear gap. 

SO yet again, this game caters to the hardcore. They will earn more with the new content you can't do, and you get less.

Developers you really have to figure something out here unless you want this game to be played with just 4.9% of the player base.

This is the largest cause in the gear and level gap. Less than 4.9% of the NA player base is capable of enjoying Kamasylvia or even higher level current content. We absolutely need our events and catch up mechanics on par with the KR client as our content is near the same.

(I apologize if this comes off as complaining. I am trying to provide valuable feedback on what I think of the state of the NA and EU clients. The fast content is great, but we need the catch up mechanics in order to be able to enjoy it!) 

You are wrong, new guy in my guild (50 AP) barely lvl 50 had kzarka bundle drop. This game is newbie friendly.

Posted

Everything just seems like it caters to the hardcore player. Lets face it, the more damage you do the better loot you get from World Boss even though people say it doesn't matter. How come I see the same people that are so geared get good loot over and over again? Not only do they get better loot @World Boss, they also grind faster and can make 10x more money than new players.

Oh I'm not stopping there. Because they are more geared, they can join stronger guilds with max combat buffs so more accuracy / more ap. Better guilds can take on tier 3 nodes and castles which will provide them millions and millions of extra silvers per week.

Okay that is absolutely fine, they work for their gear and they deserve to earn better rewards but this type of game mechanics makes it hard for new players to ever catch up because they earn way less per hour of their grind and RNG isn't in their favor at World boss. So they can grind for 5-10 hours would earn them equivalent to what Bigandshiny earns within just an hour. So more money for the hardcore means its going to be harder for new players to preorder rare items or even buying items in general. This is why you do not see any +15 Grunils and above anymore because they are so cheap to the hardcore players that they just use it for their alts or failstacking.

So the dev need to do something about this otherwise the gab will get higher and higher to a point where you just can never get remotely close to them. Its not fun getting one shot and it takes ages to catch up to these guys (only if you have good RNG) if you have average RNG, forget it. Go life skill.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Junyoung http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/profile/149659-junyoung/

I honestly do not think that the dev know what they are doing to help new players. Lets take a look here

Due to the fact that we received two years worth of content from the Korean client in just one year. Black Desert is a game of heavy RNG and time consumption. The extra year that those on the KR client have players a role in the gap between our character's development and their character development. I believe the publishing team on Twitter said we are receiving Kamasylvia at the end of March or the end of next month. The issue with this is that less than 4.9% of the NA player base can play that content currently. This is statistically proven. Link to Official BDO Census: HERE

jvBLnDm.jpg

Kamasylvia  is a level 59+ area, reaching up to level 65 mobs. Less than 90,053 of the 1,838,575 (or 4.9% of) North American players can enjoy that content due to the gear and level gap. The publishers are pushing content out for us fast, and that is really amazing. The issue is that we don't have the proper gear, levels, or events to enjoy that content. In fact, only 4.9% of the NA population can enjoy the current content that is already in game, and there is still a large gear gap. 

SO yet again, this game caters to the hardcore. They will earn more with the new content you can't do, and you get less.

Developers you really have to figure something out here unless you want this game to be played with just 4.9% of the player base.

This is the largest cause in the gear and level gap. Less than 4.9% of the NA player base is capable of enjoying Kamasylvia or even higher level current content. We absolutely need our events and catch up mechanics on par with the KR client as our content is near the same.

(I apologize if this comes off as complaining. I am trying to provide valuable feedback on what I think of the state of the NA and EU clients. The fast content is great, but we need the catch up mechanics in order to be able to enjoy it!) 

what kind of clown post is this?

so you demand being able to clear the full content of the game without puting "work" in it? like nobody is stoping your progression. just because you cant do it now it does not mean you will never be able to. you cry because ppl who worked for their progress are better then u? this is just so embarrassing for yourself dude..

we all get SO MUCH fck stuff for free every day. the catch-up spam is real. if you are still to lazy to make use of it.. pls play anything else and troll another forum.

not to mention this stupid 4,9% calculation.............................9_9

whiners in 2k17... good job, generation snowflake xD

Posted

Also if best geared people will go to new zone, guess what will happen with old farm zone ? Yep it will be still here and there will be a lot of free place for "low" geared players.

Posted

SOLUTION: remove weekend exp buff, instead give 2x24h exp scrolls(valid for one week aka 7 days, so people cant stack them). These scrolls will benefit to all old and new players:1. you control your grind time, busy on weekend, pop the scroll on Tuesday when you have more time, so more people will reach high lvl.(more high players more they buy in the marketso you old 60-61s will benefit as well). 2. It freaking spreads players on grinding areas, now on weekend (exp event) only bunch of people (most of time best geared) hogs exp spots leaving AGIN those who needs exp the most with nothing.

Posted (edited)

Simple solution buff the drop rates on old gear like oger rings. buffing the drop rate on items like this will let newer players catch up but as long as the new area has better drops the hardcore players will still have the advantage they've earned, it just won't be as significant 

I don't know why but chimeras comes to my mind when you sed that, and we both know what happened there, where as a level 45 player you could get rekt by level 55+ players who crowded the place back then.  Just look at RU/KR servers what they have implemented on farming grounds, we have none of that. There is a another part of contend that we weren't catch yet, and probably will never do, simply because for NA/EU there is a different strategy from PA/Publisher.

Edited by CarlaDream

Posted

BUFF Valencia!

1 person likes this

Posted

Simple solution buff the drop rates on old gear like oger rings. buffing the drop rate on items like this will let newer players catch up but as long as the new area has better drops the hardcore players will still have the advantage they've earned, it just won't be as significant 

"Old gear like ogre rings"?

They are still BIS still. They have added heaps of cheaper alternatives that offer near as good stats, and they have been handing out BIS items like crazy the last few months. Is this still not enough? How little effort is little enough to get a full set of BIS items?

If there is no point in putting in the effort what's the point of playing? And this is coming from a player with very sub-par gear...

Posted

what about progression?

balenos --> serenbdia--> calp --> mediah ----> valencia ---> kamasulvia?

you want to go to kamasylvia? earn it

This is pretty inaccurate because people don't bother going beyond Valencia. Most people are told to just stop at mediah and live the rest of the time at sausages. Or maybe when you progress enough there go to pirates which is part of calpheon I believe. Valencia is basically a brick wall for progress for most people because you can actually progress more by not wasting your time there. 

Posted

5 hours is casual now? We're talking 5 hours a day every day? There is nothing casual about that if that is the case.

I'm merely going off of people who have a full on busy, busy life outside of the game being able to do so on top of getting normal sleep of 6-8hrs.
5hr+8hr, thats 11hrs left in the day, then a 8hr work day you got 3hrs to do whatever you gotta do.
it doesn't HAVE to be EVERYday. sometimes life does that. 
but usually most of the week it's pretty possible.

Not to mention if you're someone who can only play 1 -2 hrs a day you won't really ever get anything done unless you survive off of attendance events for silver. but why bother playing at that point? Thats one guild mission then you log off. or even just a trip to nouver.
If you play that way your best bet is having workers get you a bunch of materials, buy the maid costume then process ALL day at the warehouse since you can afk it.

As far as I see it, you need at least a 4-5hr playtime to get an actual decent daily progress, unless you get in a decent functional guild that will help you through anything to speed up profits if your gear is low.

So that'd be why my opinion of 5hrs is casual haha. 

Posted

STOP!!

WHINING OP!!

Kamasylva offers something that this game is missing,party play.

Because the areas are high level You will see more people getting in a party to grind,before you could only see this in the "dungeons", where very few people venture due to the fact that it is hard to access and awkward to refill.

And pirates,due to the huge mob density.

Kamasylva is easily accessible,yet makes for a challenging game-play,if you are level 61 with 520+ GS, yes you will solo it.

But as OP mentioned only about 4% of population is going to do this, most people will go there solo, our guild is planning to farm there in party's,and we cant wait,most people with us are level 57-59.

I remember the good old vanilla times where you would go farm purple catfish with your guild mates,that is what BDO is missing and hopefully Kamasylva will bring it back.

Peace out!

1 person likes this

Posted

Are there really that few characters level 56+ O.o

I personally account for 5 (soon to be 6) of those by myself... You can hit 56 sarcastically speaking in like 45 minutes nowadays... 9_9

Posted

I think ppl can catch up easy enough. Im 58 with like no efforts and could be near 60 when I would continue to grind after reaching 58. But now im stuck at lifeskilling and having fun with it.. preparing my epheria sailboat for what ever reason.. and i can tell you I give a damn about the new region.

Would be really shitty if new ppl could catch up so easy to players who playing since day 1. Ofcourse these ppl are strong and get everything they want, because they play the Game since launch. Everyone would do the same when they're that far in the Game (speaking of all TET).

And one more thing. Im playing guidless since forever and got everything at least DUO. Maybe i have some farming troubles because im a lonely hunter but in the end it was not so hard to reach that Point of the Game. So what exactly is your Point? Throwing TRI stuff at every new Player??? Or just give them TET?

Cmon.

Sry for my bad englando 4Head love you all

Posted

This is the direct impact of having a vertical progression system rather than horizontal, power creep. 

Posted

Also if best geared people will go to new zone, guess what will happen with old farm zone ? Yep it will be still here and there will be a lot of free place for "low" geared players.

You got a point here :D And what I think will take some stress of the level 54-58 hot spot areas. Right now, we need more space for the level 59 and up. They need a challenge so i see this expansion of the area as a good way to move on in the game.

I'm level 65 btw.

Posted

Only 90K players over 56 really? lmfao, pathetic. Shows how poorly implemented the leveling system is if hardly anyone is above 56, the content need to be massively reworked and in some cases nurfed, just to get more noobs over 56 if anything else. 

Posted

Sry for my bad englando 4Head love you all

I dunno, if you'll like it, but, as a frog, I like to be corrected, so here's the spelling mistakes I found (just so you know for next time)

I think ppl can catch up easy enough. Im 58 with like no efforts and could be near 60 when I would continue to grind after reaching 58. But now im stuck at lifeskilling and having fun with it.. preparing my epheria sailboat for what ever reason.. and i can tell you I give a damn about the new region.

A tad over-complicated form of writing it, only spelling mistake I found " for what ever reason" is corrected " for whatever reasons". "and i can tell you I give a damn about the new region." imply that you do are interested by the new region. It's missing negation if you want to say the contrary.

Rest is some spelling mistakes due to mistyping, so I won't correct. But like I said, you're overcomplicating english. Try to reduce the length of your sentences to improve both their grammar and make them more understandable.

(Sorry if I was a bother)

1 person likes this

Posted

Honest question...

Is the OP a Socialist?

Don't lump us up with him

He's a commie

Only 90K players over 56 really? lmfao, pathetic. Shows how poorly implemented the leveling system is if hardly anyone is above 56, the content need to be massively reworked and in some cases nurfed, just to get more noobs over 56 if anything else. 

Shows how lazy people are when it's just so freaking easy to hit past 56

My problem with this is that despite the existence of a zone for 58+, a level I probably won't ever reach due to the amount of time I can actually play, most of the people at that level seem to want to lock down rotations in zones like Sausans where I might have had a chance to level up to 59 but can't because I can't compete with people of that level. 

Tbh, I play this game fully aware that I'm always going to be a pleb because I started late and have too much going on in real life to even remotely catch up.  But I still find it enjoyable when I do play. If i was looking to be competitive in any way,  then there's no way I'd be playing this game. 

Personally, i want more zones created to draw high end players away from the zones I currently have almost zero access to, not less of them. 

Then maybe the game just isn't for you? I don't complain that I can't do maximum difficulty stepmania because I don't have time to practice, I simply don't play the game. Also it's pretty clear you haven't really stepped out of heidel. Sausans is empty most of the day in many channels. And if you have too much going on in your life to even play two hours a day(I'm calling lie) then just don't play an MMO.

1 person likes this

Posted

Shows how lazy people are when it's just so freaking easy to hit past 56

That's true. However, you gotta think, most gamers are casuals and entitled these days, it's in BDO's interest to make leveling easier, more people will stick around. 

90K isn't even that impressive when you consider alts either, like I have a bunch over 56, that could be as low as 40-50k people who bothered to level to 56? Something is seriously wrong, hopefully it's that figure.