• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

When are you going to fix Coherent UI CPU Usage?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Taking up to 50% of CPU is completely unnecessary. 

CoherentUI.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

MtREx2b.png

Seems fine here.

Edit: Just realised this patch has recreated the xcorona.xem which I'd renamed (a well-known fix for the issue). So my cpu usage is fine with the newly created file which implies it may have been modified?

fjy7Zbk.png

Edited by WastedJoker

Posted

Use process hacker to force priority of coherentui to LOW, and force affinty to 0. Then save ;).

Posted

Coherent UI is the only process that ever made my liquid cooler go mental and my 6700K cry for help

2 people like this

Posted

i just shut them down , dosent seem to affect the game any

Posted

It does when black spirit adventure is out, as no coherentUI = no BSA UI

1 person likes this

Posted

I've done nothing to fix this issue.

gG9oKco.png

Posted

Afaik the videos that you have when you hover over skills are also using coherent UI. So it's definitely not just the black spirit game.

Posted (edited)

you can loose the skill tooltip video, or somes others things like the black spirit mini game. Not totaly sure about that one, but it might also mess up with the market pop up notification.

And maybe somes others stuff i didnt noticed

CoherentUI.jpg

for me game start SIX coherent UI process Oo

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

Capture.PNG

6 of em, yet none >0 - 0.1% but i do believe i've seen it go high as well.

Edited by Maid

Posted (edited)

I've done nothing to fix this issue.

gG9oKco.png

I've always wondered this...I've never had an issue either.

Capture.PNG

Same.

CommS.JPG

CPU.JPG

Edited by Keytal
Added CPU

Posted

Write a script to kill the process if it's above what you want it to be. Bam. You've created a temp fix for yourself.

FYI, this issue is generally due to computer configuration.

1 person likes this

Posted

The worst part is that it appears to be completely random how much coherent UI drains. Some game launches it'll be perfectly fine at 0-1%, others it'll drain everything you've got.

Posted

Write a script to kill the process if it's above what you want it to be. Bam. You've created a temp fix for yourself.

Thoughts on AMD RYZEN?

Posted

Thoughts on AMD RYZEN?

I've always and will probably remain an intel/nvidia fanboy.
RYZEN can't compete with extreme cores /7th gen anyways, pretty sure they were meant to "Catch AMD up" to 6th gen.
I considered stagging one for another game server to compare to my current one. I might do that actually, just to see what's up.

At the end of the day, my current cpu is @4.7ghz, with the potential to jump to 5/5.2(have held it here, was hot, but more tweaking could do the trick, if i needed it this high, which i don't)

There is and won't be a reason for me to upgrade from devils canyon in my gaming pc for a while. My stream PC though, well, we will see. Currently it handles the PCIE elgato quite nicely, with my network being the biggest issue due to where I live now -_-.

But yeah, dunno. I haven't looked into them as I generally shrug most AMD stuff off.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've always and will probably remain an intel/nvidia fanboy.RYZEN can't compete with extreme cores /7th gen anyways, pretty sure they were meant to "Catch AMD up" to 6th gen.
I considered stagging one for another game server to compare to my current one. I might do that actually, just to see what's up.

At the end of the day, my current cpu is @4.7ghz, with the potential to jump to 5/5.2(have held it here, was hot, but more tweaking could do the trick, if i needed it this high, which i don't)

There is and won't be a reason for me to upgrade from devils canyon in my gaming pc for a while. My stream PC though, well, we will see. Currently it handles the PCIE elgato quite nicely, with my network being the biggest issue due to where I live now -_-.

But yeah, dunno. I haven't looked into them as I generally shrug most AMD stuff off.

I used to be AMD, but AMD cards in general just put a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak, when it comes to heat. Back in my bitcoin mining days when I ran R9 290X's ...My god the heat would kill me. I'd be sitting there sweating with the thermostat set at 70 from 2 cards alone. lol. The 2 1080's I run in SLI stay around 50-60 compared to the 90's I had running 2x R9 290X. Though my case is WAY different (horizontal mb mount instead of vertical mount, better airflow/heat distribution).

Agreed. I hear all these horror stories and while I don't doubt their claims, I don't have any of those problems. >.<

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I used to be AMD, but AMD cards in general just put a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak, when it comes to heat. Back in my bitcoin mining days when I ran R9 290X's ...My god the heat would kill me. I'd be sitting there sweating with the thermostat set at 70 from 2 cards alone. lol. The 2 1080's I run in SLI stay around 50-60 compared to the 90's I had running 2x R9 290X. Though my case is WAY different (horizontal mb mount instead of vertical mount, better airflow/heat distribution).

Agreed. I hear all these horror stories and while I don't doubt their claims, I don't have any of those problems. >.<

I never got into bitcoin jazz. Oh well, coulda been rich but RIP

LOL.

But yeah pretty much. My current case is like a nasa cooling chassis or some type of shit;
pic3.jpg

Setup is a lot like this but a bit different-
I don't often have heat internal heat dispersion problems. As for my room temp well... That's what AC is for ;)
(my electricity bill would make some of you scream, but i also work from home with a few of my business ventures so there is that too.)

I have the duo process above preferred cpu usage issue(the issue where two of the coherent UI processes will use up aroundd 20-40% cpu on each process) but I have not delved into why exactly it does this. Could be a number of things that i've just not had the time to look into. IF people would like, i'll open source up a script that will restart coherent UI process if and when it does use up more cpu than it's supposed to.

I've never written one for myself because I get system data and notifications pushed to my mobile devices. Yay REST.

Edited by War

Posted

CoherentUICPU.jpg

Posted

I never got into bitcoin jazz. Oh well, coulda been rich but RIP

LOL.

But yeah pretty much. My current case is like a nasa cooling chassis or some type of shit;
pic3.jpg

Setup is a lot like this but a bit different-
I don't often have heat internal heat dispersion problems. As for my room temp well... That's what AC is for ;)
(my electricity bill would make some of you scream, but i also work from home with a few of my business ventures so there is that too.)

I have the duo process above preferred cpu usage issue(the issue where two of the coherent UI processes will use up aroundd 20-40% cpu on each process) but I have not delved into why exactly it does this. Could be a number of things that i've just not had the time to look into. IF people would like, i'll open source up a script that will restart coherent UI process if and when it does use up more cpu than it's supposed to.

I've never written one for myself because I get system data and notifications pushed to my mobile devices. Yay REST.

That's actually the exact case I have but mine is black. LOL. Love that case, so easy to customize/expand with. My elec bill in my old house was rough (avg 300/month), moved into a smaller space (wife and I have no kids nor plan on it) and it's back down to 90ish. So nice. xD

Posted

This is silly, why is it so high, 30-35%, ok in general but needs a fix.

Posted

That's actually the exact case I have but mine is black. LOL. Love that case, so easy to customize/expand with. My elec bill in my old house was rough (avg 300/month), moved into a smaller space (wife and I have no kids nor plan on it) and it's back down to 90ish. So nice. xD

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I KNEW WE WERE MORE ALIKE! MINE IS BLACK TOO!!!!!!!!!!
Move in with me so we can stack them LOLOLOL.

Posted

does it sounds like an airport? 

Posted

Seems random for me whether the coherent ui will stay benign or rapidly increase to extreme cpu usage. Can't find any correlation with anything in particular. But when it does happen I have to act fast or risk my cpu overheating. These days I just delete the CUI processes after game start to be safe, but this means I can't play the black spirit board game. 

Marketplace lag bug is also still present, as is the 100% cpu usage on DC (overheating cpu and potentially causing permanent damage). Servers also still garbage.

Fix the game please.

Posted

and again on a different PC

Coherentui.png

Posted

heads up /reloadui fixes it too

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0